Life Is Always Changing

Status
Not open for further replies.
"You know that beating yourself up isn't going to help." Cadence finally replied. She wasn't giving him pity, she was trying to tell him the truth. At first, she blamed herself for her parents disappearing, perhaps they didn't like her enough to stay but Cadence knew it was a waste to think like that. "You'll just make things harder on yourself. I was exactly like that, but I've changed my mind now." There wasn't much you could say it situations like this, Cadence knew that very well.

"You can come and visit Daisy anytime you want. She seems to really like you and that song of yours. I usually pick her up right after school then take her home unless I have to get some groceries. If you want to come with me at times, you can." It seemed like a weird thing to change what they were talking about, but she wasn't going to dwell on something that hurt him.

Ezra wiped away the tears and picked up the remainder of his lunchbox, packing the rest of it away and slinging his guitar over his shoulder again. Ezra smiled his usual smile.

"Thank you, Cadence, for listening to my story. It was the first time I ever told anyone about it in the last few weeks. I don't want people to pity me so I stay quiet. Much like you. And your right, blaming myself will not help me move on and focus on what I should be doing now and that is, taking care of my parents. I will come over soon to see Daisy and you again. Also, I will let you know when I'm going to see my mom and dad again. I'm sure they would want to meet you and your little sister."

Standing up, he walked over to Cadence, placing a gentle kiss on her forehead. As he walked away, heading back to class, he called out to her.

"If you don't mind, I'd like to walk home with you again today, if that's ok"

A sudden blush overcame Cadence's face when she felt his lips gently against her forehead, while it wasn't a kiss on the lips it was still her first kiss from a guy, and it was quite embarrassing. But, she was glad she was able to cheer him up a bit and make him feel better. She nodded to his comments, "Alright. Sure." She stated. She put away her lunch box, then got up to head back for the classroom as well. She got inside, then took her seat again waiting for class to start back up. Her thoughts lingered on Ezra. It was a bit strange, she never had a guy so much in her head before.

Finally, the sound of the bell took her back to reality when she realized she had to go pick up her sister. She put away her things into the bag, then got up, heading for Ezra. She stood there, in front of him for a moment. "Come on, I can't be late to pick her up. She'll get scared if I'm not there." Daisy was always dependent on Cadence all the time. With that said, Cadence headed out of the classroom to head out of the school and to her way towards the other school with Ezra. She stopped at the entrance and waited. "She'll be here in a second."

Just then, the little girl came running towards Cadence with a big smile. She looked over at Ezra and giggled. "You're the one guy from yesterday. Ezra." Daisy replied with her smile directly at him now. She took hold of Cadence's hand like she normally did but again, like the day before, she held out her other hand for Ezra to take.

Ezra laughed as he took little Daisy's hand.

"Yes, I'm Ezra. Your a smart one aren't you? You'll have to teach me how to be as smart as you are. Hey Daisy, tell me your favorite song. I will learn to play it on the guitar and then play it for you next time we meet. How about that?"

He needed a distraction from the thoughts that told him it was his fault. He continually blamed himself for her death. However, Cadence was right. Blaming himself would get him no where and his sister wouldn't want him to blame himself for what happened. He dispelled the negative thoughts from his mind immediately, trying to focus on Daisy and most importantly, Cadence. She was so beautiful. He never told her, but every time he was around her, his heart went wild. He felt as if he was starting to fall for her already. He smiled at the thought. Simply being around Cadence was calming to him. He wasn't sure she'd ever feel the same, but a guy could dream couldn't he. He laughed to himself at these thoughts as he awaited Daisy's reply.

Daisy giggled at Ezra's response when he said she was very smart, she loved the praise. "I'll teach you how to be smart like me." She stated in a cute little kid tone which brought a smile to Cadence's face. She always loved to see Daisy happy, that's all she ever wanted. "I don't really have a favorite song." The little girl then replied, "I like a lot of music, so you'll have to play some so I can gain a favorite song."

At that Cadence let out a slight laugh at how cute Daisy always was. It was obvious had already taken a liking to Ezra fairly quickly and it made sense why. He was kind and he knew how to handle a little girl which would make sense considering. "Does that mean you want Ezra to come over often?" Cadence asked which got a dramatic nod for a yes from the little girl. "I thought so, we'll have to invite him over then, won't we?" Another nod from Daisy happened. With that, Cadence looked up at Ezra and smiled, actually fully smiled at him for the first time. Maybe it wasn't so bad to have someone else to talk to for once. He seemed like a guy that she could trust about her secrets and it wouldn't hurt to have someone in school that did know the truth about what she had to do everyday.

Ezra looked over at Cadence as she flashed him a beautiful smile. His heart raced again. His face went red. He smiled and laughed at Daisy's response.

"Why thank you. I will then. I will play you many different songs until you find one that you like! Concert when I come over then, that sound ok to you Daisy?" he stopped and knelt in front of her, mock playing a prince as he held out her hand and kissed it like a prince would. He smiled his usual smile up at her. He then smiled up at Cadence.

"Prince Ezra will have to pay a visit soon. But first, Prince Ezra must make a request out of Princess Daisy and Princess Cadence. Would you honor Prince Ezra's wishes of coming to visit his parents in the hospital some time? They aren't feeling so well and need a cute face like yours and your sister's to help them heal faster. Can you do that for me?"

(Sorry, I didn't get the notification that you posted)

Daisy giggled at Ezra's actions and comments, she enjoyed them very much. She nodded, "Yay! I can't wait for you to come over." She stated, then listened to what he asked for them. She didn't know much about what happened at a hospital but Daisy wanted to give Ezra what he wanted, so she nodded again. "Yes." The little girl would come if Cadence did.

Cadence smiled again. "Then we'll have to talk about a day that you can come over." She replied back. It was going to be the first time she had anyone her age come over to their house. Even when she was younger, she never really had friends over and now she never had the time when she was taking care of Daisy most of the time. "Yeah, we'll come to visit your parents." Now that she knew what had happened to him and his family, there was no way that she wasn't going to accept his request. "We can visit them as many times as you want us to, whenever you like, we'll come with you."

It was nice to have someone around, Cadence was quickly getting used to the idea of having Ezra around. It made her actually feel a bit happy, like things could be normal after the disappearance of her family which seemed so strange to her. It had changed her life completely, but it seemed like Ezra was again changing her life and maybe this time for the better.

Ezra kissed Daisy's small hand again and he stood up, taking Cadence's hand and placing a kiss on her hand.

"Then I shall look forward to your visit. I shall let my parents know today that next time I come to visit that I want to introduce them to two, beautiful princesses. Also, Cadence, please, let me know when I can come to visit you and Daisy at your home. I'd love to come and play my guitar for you both! Maybe I can even make dinner for you guys before my little concert. Believe it or not, I'm a pretty good cook. My mom taught me. How about it?"

He had never felt so happy before in his life. He was always optimistic in an attempt to mask his own sadness and despair, however it was hard to constantly remain optimistic. Especially when his life was in so much turmoil like it was now, with his sister gone and his parents totally unable to care for themselves at the moment. But sometimes, he being optimistic was all he had to hang on to when everything else fell around him. He had to be the calm one when everyone else was freaking out because if someone wasn't calm then the situation would have not been solved.

Cadence was always the one who cooked dinner, it might be nice to have someone else cook for her for once. "Sure, that sounds nice." She stated back to Ezra. They could come up with when at a later time. She knew he wanted to get to the hospital to check on his parents. "We'll come with you to the hospital tomorrow after school, see you in school tomorrow Erza." With that said and done, Cadence took Daisy, with the little girl waving good bye, and they went towards their house, leaving Ezra to do what he needed to do.

When they had gotten to the house, Cadence continued on with their usual nightly routine, though the thoughts about having someone over on day lingered in her head. She had never thought she would do something like that, nor that anyone at school would understand what she was dealing with. She was sure that if anyone found out about her situation, rumors would have been spread and she knew either way they all would be bad for her. And, she didn't want them affecting Daisy either.

Cadence got Daisy ready for bed later that night, then once that was done Cadence sat down to begin any homework she needed but again she pulled out her phone to text Ezra like the night before. "Would you like to come over Friday evening, since the next day would be Saturday Daisy and I would have more time unlike regular weekdays." She texted and then sent.

Ezra went up to the hospital, walking into his father's room. His father smiled as he walked in. Ezra took a seat.

"Ezra, your mom finally woke up yesterday after the surgery. Talk about impeccable timing. She was in pain, but she is OK. Go see her before you leave, ok?"

Ezra nodded.

"Dad, I have new friends id like you to meet tomorrow. Mind if I bring them tomorrow?"

His dad smiled.

"Of course not. The more the merrier!"

Ezra chatted with his dad a bit longer and then went over and talked to his mom who also readily agreed to meeting his friends.

As he headed home, he recieved the text from Cadence. He replied.

"I would love to come over friday. Ill be sure to bring my trusty guitar! Also let me know if there is anything you want me to make for dinner." He sent it as he arrived home.

He quickly did his homework and headed off to bed as tomorrow was Thursday and he had to go into work, after school.

With the arrival of a return text from Ezra, Cadence let a small smile come to her face. For some reason, it was nice to interact with someone other then Daisy and her co-workers at work which she didn't do very much either. She read the text, then when she finished her homework she got herself ready for bed. She got into her bed and fell asleep.

She woke up in the morning, getting Daisy and herself ready for school. She made her way an dropped off Daisy at the little girls preschool then went to her own school. She got there and headed for her classroom where again she decided to just take her seat down and get her things out for class. She looked around briefly, like she was looking around for Ezra. She thought that perhaps she would want to try and saying a friendly greeting to him this morning instead of being so distance. He was being kind and trying to pen himself up to her, she should try and do the same.

Waking up to his annoying alarm was something he was used to. Ezra quickly got ready for the day. Finished, he grabbed his bag and headed out the door. It killed him to leave his guitar at home today, but he couldn't take it to work. He worked at a cafe in town. Sometimes they asked him to bring it. But if they did, they usually would have someone text him the day before telling him he could bring it to work. Otherwise, that was the only time he didn't bring his guitar.

He smiled as he saw Daisy playing. She stopped and suddenly looked over, seeing Ezra. She laughed and waved, calling out his name. He waved and said hello back before heading right back off to school again. As he arrived in the school, he slowly made his way to his classroom. Stopping for a second, he rifled through his backpack to make sure he had his work uniform with him so he wouldn't have to run all the way home for it before work. That was a pain and besides, it would give him a little extra time, from when school ended till he had to go to work that he'd have time to take Cadence and Daisy over to the hospital. He usually only worked short shifts on weekdays and longer ones on the weekends. He finally reached the class room and walked in. Seeing Cadence, he waved as he approached her.

Cadence caught Ezra's wave, she was about to say something back but all she could do was wave as well. She just didn't have the courage to say hi to him suddenly in front of everyone else. By that time, the teacher was already walking in and getting ready for class. In a matter of minutes, the class began and Cadence had to focus on taking notes instead of her cowardice in saying a greeting to Ezra. She would get better at it and do it next time.

Time passed and before Cadence knew it, perhaps she was slightly in a daze more than she thought she was, the bell for lunch rang. She packed up her books from the class and picked up her bag so she could head outside for the tree again. She didn't know if Ezra would come and sit with her again but it was her favorite place to eat either way. So, she made her way out of the classroom and outside to the large tree that always created enough shade though some of the light always peaked through the branches which usually made beams of light.

The high school girl took out her lunch from her bag and opened up the lunch back to reveal her food. She began to eat her lunch slowly, wondering if Ezra was going to come sitting down next to her. She wasn't good at asking if anyone wanted to sit with her, she had to get used to conversing with others that didn't have anything to do with Daisy or work. It had been a long since she had just been a regular girl around her age who went to school.

Ezra took his seat and listened intently as history was being drilled into his brain. He took extensive notes and before he knew it, the bell for lunch had sounded. He took off towards the tree and found Cadence under it already. He took a seat next to her and unpacked his lunch.

"Hey there! You and Daisy still planning on coming with me to see my parents today? I work at 6 so we can't be there for too long, but long enough to introduce you and have you talk to them a little."

Cadence looked over at Ezra, kind of happy that he actually showed up at the tree again. She nodded, "Yeah. We're coming, right after I pick up Daisy." She replied, "You can come with me to get her again, then we can head the hospital for a little bit." She wasn't sure what she was going to say to his parents since technically Ezra and Cadence had just meant. She was a bit worried they were expecting her to be someone who has known him for a while, buts he would try her best to talk with them.

She continued eating her meal, finished it up not long after and putting it away even though they still had plenty of time still for lunch. The black-haired girl looked back over at Ezra. "Daisy really likes Spaghetti." She then told him. "We should have that for dinner tomorrow, and maybe, I could plan some kind of dessert too. I'm sure she would really like that. We don't really have anyone over so she'll be very excited about it."

Ezra finished his meal quickly and put away the remains of it. He moved closer to Cadence.

"Spaghetti huh? Sounds like a plan. I make killer spaghetti sauce. She'll love it! Dessert sounds great as well! I am not too bad at baking cakes! Maybe we can make a cake to go with it. I can even make some homemade frosting for it. I can bring over everything I'll need to cook dinner and bake our dessert! I'll just need to borrow your pan, if that's ok. I'm stoked about this! Oh! I almost forgot..."

He pulled out tickets he had been given to have a free child's entree with purchase of an adult entree from the cafe he worked at. He handed those to Cadence.

"You guys should stop by here sometime. This is where I work!" Hearing the bell ring to get back to class, he waved goodbye to her and headed back to class. As class went on, he continued to take notes and pay attention...However, once the bell to leave rang, he packed up his stuff and followed Cadence to Daisy's preschool to pick her up. He held out his hand to Daisy.

"You ready to meet a real king and queen? They are my king and queen anyway. They are very nice, don't worry...They will love you!"​

Cadence let a small smile come to her face, she knew for a fact Daisy would love the dinner and dessert. "Yeah, you can use the pan." She stated. "Oh, and chocolate, if there's chocolate on the cake, she'll really be happy." Daisy loved chocolate though it was something that Cadence had to regulated for the girl or else the little one would be eating it constantly all the time.

She looked at the tickets as he pulled them out, taking them into her hands and studying them for a moment before she place them into her bag for safe keeping. "Thanks." She commented, "We'll try to stop by sometime." She followed his actions by getting up when the bell rang and heading back to the classroom. She took more notes during class, then when the bell rang for school to be over Cadence packed up her things and headed with Ezra for the preschool.

There, Daisy came running out with a full smile on. The little girl seemed to like having Ezra there too when she was getting picked up by Cadence. The girl took both their hands and giggled. "Okay." She said in her childish voice and with that Cadence started walking with the other two to head for the hospital where his parents were staying. Daisy seemed to be in a good mood, which always made Cadence feel happy as well.

"We should stop and get some flowers for your parents on the way." Cadence then stated, "There's a shop that we pass anyway while heading for the hospital. We can get some of your mother's and father's favorite flowers. It will decorate the room until they are able to come out and go back home with you."

As they walked, Cadence suggested that they get flowers for his mother and father. He smiled a bright smile.

"You know what? That's an amazing Idea! I'm sure they would appreciate it as well! Let's go!" On the way there, they spotted the flower shop and headed inside. Ezra loved the bright colors of the flowers. His mother frequently stopped by this shop with his little sister to pick out flowers for Ezra whenever he performed somewhere. He always knew where they were. in the crowd cause all he had to do was find the brightly colored flowers and there they were, standing and cheering him on. This was one of his most fond memories. His Dad had helped him pick flowers out when he went on his first date back when he was 16.

He went to the rose section and spotted white, pale pink and red roses. He asked the shop keeper to bundle up a couple red, white and pink roses together in a vase so he could take them to his mother. He then saw some sunflower bundles. He asked the shopkeeper to get him a bundle of those for his dad's room. His dad had always liked the sunflower. He remembered him telling him that these gorgeous flowers were what he compared his mother to. Bright, cheerful and full of energy. He payed the shopkeeper for the flowers and handed the rose bundle to Cadence and the sunflower bundle to daisy.

"Now, you take good care of these flowers, ok?"

The idea of flowers was accepted and the three went into the flower shop together. Cadence and Daisy looked at the flowers as Ezra decided which ones would be best for each parent, then got a bouquet of them. The girls took the flowers from Ezra. "Okay." Daisy replied with a determined look on her face like a little girl would have when entrusted with a duty and they wanted to do pretty well. Then they left the flower shop and headed back towards the hospital to see his parents.

"What room's are they in?" Cadence asked when the finally got to the hospital and went into the main lobby. She would follow Ezra and whatever he decided for them to do since it was his parents and he had to do the introductions for them.

Ezra walked up to the elevator, waving to the nearby nurses. He then turned to them as he waited for the elevator to arrive.

"My mom is in Recovery in the surgery department. My dad is in the same, Recovery, but a different room. We'll go see my mother first since her room is the first we come up on"

He ushered the girls to get on the elevator as they arrived on the 3rd floor. Stepping off, he led the girls to his mother's room. Before entering, he knocked on the door. Stepping in, his mother looked over to see who the visitors were. She smiled as Ezra approached her. She hugged him and smiled.

"Ezra, you are so dedicated, coming to see us just about every day. And who are these lovely ladies you've brought with you?"

Ezra smiled and ushered Cadence to step forward.

"Mother, this is Cadence, a good friend of mine! Cadence, this is my mother, Morgan Morrington."

Status
Not open for further replies.