Q

Quakernuts

Original poster
airship2.png
airship2-png.174502

𝓛𝓲𝓯𝓮 𝓲𝓷 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓢𝓴𝔂

floating islands left.jpg
floating islands right.jpg
  • You see that the sky is beautiful today. Blue, clear, sunny and otherwise perfect in every way. As you look down, feet a few inches from the edge, you can see the complete opposite. A fog, several thousand feet below you covering the remains of what Earth once was. The ground your standing on, an ironic name for it now to be certain, supported by what could almost be called a magical mineral known as Ancilikan. Here you, and thousands of other people have found their place, supported in the sky well above the world where your ancestors once lived. As you turn, you see the city that has sprung up on the floating rock, filled to the brim with excitement and danger, happy people and sad loners, the exact representation of your species. Looking past it, into the distance you can see the other islands suspended in the air, held there by the will of the Ancilikan and providing safe harbor to those who call the sky home.

A gust of wind blows at your clothes as you brace yourself slightly, stepping back from the edge and looking up to witness yet another airship bring itself into dock. You suddenly remember why you were here, as a recruit, as yet another adventurous soul looking to make headway among the clouds and present your name as either someone to be revered, or dreaded. Loved or feared. A captain came to you, in your darkest, or possibly most ambitious moment and presented a promise too good to turn down. Even as you look on at the amount of different airships currently latched onto the island and being attended to by the shipwrights, you see the captain of the vessel that will be your home for the foreseeable future smiling at you. He waves you over, but not before you look up at the flag that flies above the mast. Or at least, you would if there was one. Empty and void, held to no nation and responsible to none. You're a renegade now, a pirate to some, a mercenary to others, and an unpredictable party to all.

Here is where you make your mark.

This is your life in the sky.

• Hey everybody!

So to sum things up, this is a bit of an airship/western/steampunk RP in which the characters would be taking up the role of Renegades/Freelancer on a non-affiliated airship (Meaning they hold no responsibility to any one nation). This RP would be a bit freeform, with missions dotting the plot landscape but more as a side tangent to the overall arching narrative. My hope is to put together a crew of about 4-6 individuals and see how well we can make it as people living out a dream of adventure and danger out in the great blue sky. There will be roles and such for people to fill out on the ship, so should I get that number of people interested, it will be on a 'first come, first serve' basis on the role (Within reason, if you take forever making a sheet, you forfeit the role).

In terms of the mechanics for the RP, writing wise, I would consider this a bit more of an advanced RP. Basing this off of my own personal writing length, I tend to go for the longer length and more detailed posts, and I would appreciate if that effort was reflected by the people who joined. There will be a heavier emphasis on collaboration, along with opportunities to forge stories among yourself and shift the narrative in favor of character driven adventures. All I ask for is commitment.

There's more information to be dealt out, such as living ships, psychic projections and international conflict, but that can all be saved for the OOC should this get enough interest to get off the ground (Seeing as I wrote a history coming up to the present time of the RP, but it's 5 pages long and I just needed a few paragraphs to see who would like to do this). A Discord will be set up and such in time, but for the moment feel free to post your questions and such down below and I'll get to them as quickly as I can.

So, in short…

Who would like to be airship/western/steampunk pirates/renegades/mercenaries/adventurers?

P.S. Special thanks to @Thor for helping me with a bit of the formatting.

Last edited by a moderator:
Huh, I feel like ive done a roleplay like this before..but it died in the past...but it was fun.

I'd be more than willing to try again if you could get more peeps.

Consider my interest checked.

I. Am. SO DOWN.

This almost reminds me of an anime but I can't seem to remember the name... Ah, anyway, I'm interested!

@Quakernuts
Wasn't sure, if you knew that you had people interested xD

@happydeath Oh no I was aware xD

I was just trying to give it a day to see the total number of people and such. I'm not around for most of today and tomorrow, but I will be working on putting up an OOC and getting a discord set up for people to populate should they choose. I should have some things pretty much in gear by Monday, but I'll keep you guys updated.

Interested

Alright count me in

Had a spot open up for the ship doctor/nurse, if anyone is interested!