Library for the end of the world

RiverNotch

any pronouns
Original poster
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Invitation Status
  1. Look for groups
"If I had known the world was ending, I'd have brought better books"
What books would you bring with you when the doodie hits the fan? Choose as many as you can carry.
Oh, the quote on top's from The Walking Dead, btw

Reactions: Minibit
LOTR and the hobbit for sure, the Iron Elves trilogy too and the rest of Sue Grafton's novels that I haven't read

Also the complete Death Note manga and all seven Chronicles of Narnia

At this Point I'm getting a duffel anyway so Insomnia by Stephan King and Demon Seed by Dean Koontz as well as Big Bad Wolf by Robert Pattison

. . . That should last me a week

Hmm...

Complete works of H.G. Wells.
Going with Narnia, like Minibit.
My Calvin and Hobbes collection. (End of the world right? Gonna need a laugh.)

That's it for now. May pick up more books as I'm walking through the hellscape.

Reactions: Minibit
My books are my babies. I can imagine myself stuffing all of my books in a dufflebag. But since that is not plausible as nobody could physically carry over 200 books, I guess I'd settle for these:

My Harry Potter Series

Because even as a child, these books brought me happiness when nothing else could.

My Lord of the Rings Trilogy (Including The Hobbit)

Who doesn't want to share an adventure with Gandalf and the dwarves and help save Middle earth?

Warriors: The Original Series

I grew up reading these. Running through the woods with Firepaw until he became Fireheart and his friend Greystripe. Loved those books, tear jerkers though.

Facts the will scare the s#it out of you

'A rat can compress its body to fit through an opening as small as a half a diameter, making it almost impossible to rat proof a building or a home. I once compressed a rat smaller than that-with a shovel.'

Grey's Anatomy

In case I need it as a reference

Merck Manual

A disease reference, very handy

Lexicon of psychiatry, neurology, and neurosciences

Don't want to lose my wits

My books are my babies. I can imagine myself stuffing all of my books in a dufflebag. But since that is not plausible as nobody could physically carry over 200 books, I guess I'd settle for these:

My Harry Potter Series

Because even as a child, these books brought me happiness when nothing else could.

My Lord of the Rings Trilogy (Including The Hobbit)

Who doesn't want to share an adventure with Gandalf and the dwarves and help save Middle earth?

Warriors: The Original Series

I grew up reading these. Running through the woods with Firepaw until he became Fireheart and his friend Greystripe. Loved those books, tear jerkers though.

Facts the will scare the s#it out of you

'A rat can compress its body to fit through an opening as small as a half a diameter, making it almost impossible to rat proof a building or a home. I once compressed a rat smaller than that-with a shovel.'

Grey's Anatomy

In case I need it as a reference

Merck Manual

A disease reference, very handy

Lexicon of psychiatry, neurology, and neurosciences

Don't want to lose my wits

Bulfinch's Mythology - I <3 Mythology
The Bible - Because I believe in this poop
Noli Me Tangere and El FIlibusterismo - For the preservation of my culture
Shakespeare's Sonnets - In cases of emergency (of the romantic kind)
Anne of Green Gables and To Kill A mockingbird - For the preservation of my childhood
Some book on survival - Because I'm not a genius when it comes to these things
Maybe a good webcomic collection, coz' I don't want that part of culture to die. My choices are "Order of the Stick", "Ozy and Millie", and "The Perry Bible Fellowship"

At this point, I'm probably gonna find my luggage too heavy to run with. But who cares, at least I get to die with my books.