LF MxM LIT LONG TERM (DISCORD)

bunnyshadow

Edgebabby
Original poster
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Hey everyone! I'm 21 years old and new to the site, looking for a long term adv-lit rp partner that enjoys world building and character development. My replies are anywhere from 4-13 paragraphs, and I need someone that can commit to the same length of responses. I would like to and would prefer to use discord.

Genres I'm currently interested in :
- Dystopian
- Cyberpunk
- Post-apocalyptic
- Dark Fantasy

However I can be swayed to do others.

Themes :
- Angst (Heartbreak, Betrayal, Power/Corruption)
- Horror
- Tragedy
- Good vs Evil
- Romance (Slow Burn, Love/Hate, Enemies to Lovers)

My Characters :
- I usually tailor them to fit the roleplay in particular, but I find that they are usually charming, arrogant antiheroes with dark pasts that make them the type of person they are, or ruggedly handsome antagonists that are cruel and manipulative, their behavior stemming from the way the world has shaped them(whether it be by the harsh dystopian world he was raised in, or the government that formed it).

I like to be able to keep up consistent daily/weekly messages with my partner, even if it is just ooc chatter. I like to be able to maintain a friendship with my partner, and if it feels like you're only dropping in to pop out a reply, I more than likely will lose interest and tell you I do not want to continue. I reply once every 1-3 days for anything shorter than 8 paragraphs and every 3-10 days for anything from 8 to up to 13 paragraphs. If I’m extremely excited with the plot/setting, I can reply up to 3 times a day, regardless of length. I'm patient, and completely okay with delayed responses, as long as you let me know that you're busy.

A little about me :
- I'm a full time college student.
- I'm a gamer/streamer.
- Work as a part time DJ, part time intern at a law firm.

If you're interested, feel free to message me/post here with your discord tag so I can add you.

Sample of my writing :
The journey towards the fields was silent. Heavy. Unspoken words and tense breaths filled the evening air as the small group of men travelled towards their destination. Kol found himself lost in his thoughts— wondering if he could pull a string here and there, use the influence he gained from such a pure show of force and power to have things settled his way. All he had to do was prove his loyalty, and what better way than to take the glory of slaying a beast with no more than the meager weapons he’d been given?

The abandoned streets were deathly quiet as they headed towards the last known location of a monster sighting. Beaten dirt paths gave way to more earthy soil as they distanced themselves away from the small farmhouses around the outer ring, and deeper into the less travelled area of the city. Overhead, the last rays of the setting sun slipped beneath the horizon, the night air bringing with it a cold breeze that warned of the coming winter. Before them, rows upon rows of wheat lined the distance, and further still, was the beginning of a deathly quiet cornfield, with stalks too tall for Kol to be able to see over.

It was not an ideal place to encounter a monster.

“We need to stay close.” He murmured, his voice low as he struggled to pick up any telltale sign that a beast was near. All he heard were the steady footfalls of his companions, the rustling of a breeze through the fields, and the sound of tiny insects flitting about. It should have been an easy instruction to follow, but as Kol reached forwards to brush aside a ear of corn and step deeper into the fields, it was clear exactly how difficult it would be to track his three companions, especially in the dark.

Leaves tickled his face as he entered the cornfield, and he pushed aside the hanging fronds as he squinted against the darkness to try to make out anything. His eyes fell to the earth, the soil seemingly undisturbed by any living being, before slowly moving forwards as he continued his investigation. Anxiously, he moved onwards, his ears picking up only the sound of rustling besides and behind him as the other men travelled nearby. It was quiet, unusually so, and Kol was getting agitated by the lack of tracks.

For how long they searched, he didn’t know. It could have been an hour, maybe even two, but nothing unusual appeared, or at least nothing Kol could spot. No large tracks in the soil, no bodies splayed between the plants, no roars or howls filled the air. The soldier was beginning to think that they’d gone to the wrong place, until there was sudden movement before him, a quick flash that caught his eyes in the darkness.

He swiftly reached for the handle of his knife, heart pounding in his chest as his fingers tightened around the grip. A small rabbit darted out from between the stalks of corn, and he let out a relieved exhale, but the tension in his muscles remained even as he loosened his hold around his weapon. “Stupid f---ing rat.” Kol grumbled, swiveling his head to look through the plants at the other soldiers, before searching for Kit’s face in the dark. He reached up to rub the back of his neck, embarrassed to be startled by such a tiny animal. His boots dug into the earth as he turned fully to face his companions, tired of looking for a monster that just didn’t seem to be there.

“I think it went somewhere else.” Kol announced, his voice echoing loudly through the empty night air as he spoke. “We should head back and see if the other teams have found anything.” He suggested, glancing towards Samael and Axel for an answer. There was a brief pause as he crossed his arms across his chest and shifted his weight from one foot to the other. The sooner they could get to a more open area, the better... but Kol hadn’t kept track of which way they had come from, and the corn fields were too tall for him to be able to tell which direction would lead them back to where they came from.

“Which way do we go?” He prompted.

Last edited: