Lewi & Winterwings

"I was looking for you", he said and removed the ropes and took away the blindfold. "What happened?" he asked

"I don't know. Someone came and tied me up last night."

Nathan looked thoughtful for a moment. "What a strange thing to do... If they haven't done anything else", he said and stood up. "It's dangerous out here, you could have died", he said worried.

Kieara spoke. "why'd you come back?" she asked him looking up not concerned about her own safety.

"At first I was mad at you, but then I came to think about... well, how dangerous it is. It felt wrong leaving you just like that", he said.

Kieara sighed. "You're going to have to stop sending me mixed signals...."

"One minute you're all about us sticking together, the next you want nothing to do with me."

Nathan sighed. "I'm sorry. I don't know, I just... it's been a lot to take in. You being a vampire hunter, but don't want to be, and... and being so fragile..." he said.

Kieara sighed a bit. "I know it is. but you're going to have to trust me....or we'll both die."

Nathan grinned a bit, not sure what to believe. "Oh yeah? How come?" he asked.

"The slayers are after you for what you are, and now they're after me for protecting you."

Nathan nodded thoughtful. "You have a point there", he said and sighed. "Does that mean you'll have to trust me to?"

Nathan smiled slightly. "Then I'll trust you as well", he said.

​"I guess we should get out of here", he said.

She nodded standing and kicking sand on the remainder of her fire.