Lewi & SatyrWarrior

She shook her head no. "I haven't the slightest." she said. It could be removed by someone who truely loved her for her and knew it. Though she wasn't aware of this. "It's ok, I know you didn't mean to."

"I see..." Ruji looked down in thought after she had stated that she didn't know how to remove the curse. He smiled softly as she mentioned that she knew he didn't mean to give her an order. "We'll find a way to break that curse. There's got to be a way, so...I'm sure we'll find it eventually." he told her brightly, genuinely wanting her to be free from the terrible curse. He couldn't imagine what it'd be like to be a slave to a cruel owner--well, he sort of did and that way why he did not want the same fate for her. He truly wanted to help her. "Until then, we've got a long way to go until we reach our destination..." he added as he began to walk forward.

She watched him. She smiled and then walked forward. She took a place alongside him. She purred loving his company. "Thank you."

Ruji's smile broadened upon hearing her 'thank you'. "...You don't need to thank me. I just...want to help you..." he replied to her in a lower voice, optics glancing at the ground momentarily. He fell silent as they walked, but soon after they had begun walking, a growling noise was heard. He sighed out of annoyance, instantaneously knowing that it was merely his noisy stomach despite that they had eaten not too long before. However, he ignored the familiar sound and continued to trudge alongside her.

Sachi trudged along with him and spoke. "Hungry?" If he was hungry she'd help him find something to eat.

"Eh, a little." he responded. Although, his stomach certainly didn't sound just a 'tad' hungry. "It's fine though. I'm literally always hungry, so I'll live if I ignore it for awhile." he said with a shrug. He had grown accustomed to ignoring his hunger, because, well it was so persistent and constant. And he did not always have food available. Additionally, he just didn't feel like stopping on his journey every single time he grew famished.

Sachi looked at him as she listened. "Well, we can stop soon if you want then." She continued to walk but she'd stop here and there getting berries from bushes to munch on with him.

"Well...okay, but...I think these berries should hold me off. I didn't even notice them." the young male replied, taking note of the berries when Sachi began to pluck them from the bushes. He turned to the bush adjacent to him as he walked, stealing a berry and tossing it into his mouth. "Hmm. Sweet." he murmured with a faint smile of satisfaction. He grabbed a couple more berries and threw them into his mouth all at once.

Sachi nibbled on her share of the berries. They tainted her plump normally pink lips a light blue color as she ate.

While mindlessly eating his own handful of berries, he eventually paused an stole a glimpse at her. A smirk surfaced when he noted the light blue hue of her lovely lips. He would have liked to remove the juice from her lips, but when he found himself strangely thinking of ways to remove the juice with his own lips, he instantly seized his thoughts and shook his head. What was he thinking..? He could not do such a thing! Well, he was merely thinking about kissing her, but...this was Ruji after all and he tended to over-exaggerate more than need be.

She nibbled on them until she found a sour one and her face twisted into a funny shape. She swallowed and blinked. "wow, that was sour." She said. She was looking around having caught a familiar scent, but stopped and yelped when a poison whip knicked her leg and she fell. Sesshomaru had found her.

The halfling smiled faintly and chuckled at the odd expression she made when she bit into the sour berry. However, the smile was quick to disappear when he caught whiff of an unfamiliar scent. ...Or was it really all that unfamiliar? He couldn't really tell for sure, but when he glanced over to Sachi, he realized that she had caught notice of the scent as well. "Sachi, what's--," Before he could finish, a poison whip had clashed with Sachi's leg in an instant. Followed by her yelp, she'd fallen to the ground. "Sachi...!" Ruji exclaimed with evident concern, dashing over to her simultaneously. Who...? Was it...Sesshomaru? Although he'd supposedly never met the dog demon, his poison whip was a trademark weapon for him. It had to be him. Thankfully, Ruji had been aware of the fact that the dog demon would catch up sooner or later. And whenever it would happen, he would be prepared for it. Not bothering to look back since he had already come to the conclusion that it was indeed Sesshomaru, Ruji securely scooped Sachi up and bolted with her in his strong arms.

On a regular basis, Ruji probably would have attempted to fight the offender no matter how strong, but if he had done that with Sachi, it would have placed her into a perilous position. Sesshomaru was after her after all. He needed to get her as far away as possible. A safe area, but to where...? He wasn't so sure where he was going, but his legs were still going as swiftly as they would take his body and her own. "Sachi! How far behind us is he?" he queried, wanting her to look past his shoulders to see. It would be easier for her to glance back due to her position in his arms, and if he looked back even for a half-second, it might just accidentally cause them to crash into one of the numerous trees. That was merely how fast he was going, so he needed to keep his optics on the passage ahead. It was a speed that he had not revealed during his time with Sachi, but a speed that occurred when he tapped into his demonic attributes.

Sachi's vision was blurring as the poison began to take immediate effect. Blood dripped down to the ground from her leg as she looked back weakly. She squinted to see then spotted him about 300 feet back. "A-about 300 feet..." She murmured but it didn't last long. She couldn't keep her eyes open any longer and ended up fainting into a world of black.

Sesshomaru was finding it rather difficult to run them down. He was used to his prey facing him head first, not fleeing, he was steadily losing ground.

Ruji nodded in confirmation. 300 feet... He only hoped he could increase the distance between them, and eventually lose him entirely. That would have been the ideal outcome, for the other reason for his instantaneous flee was because of the poison that appeared to be taking immediate effect upon Sachi. "Please hang in there Sachi!" he called out to her, but soon after, her eyes had closed. She had already fallen into an unconscious state. 'Damn...! I need to go faster, or else... What if the poison kills her before we outrun him...? If she dies, that bastard...will pay....!!' His blood was already beginning to boil with a vengeance just thinking about it, but... No. He needed to focus on the current objective at hand. So, in attempts to accomplish the goal of outrunning Sesshomaru, he somehow picked up a little more speed. Gradually, his energetic aura began to surround his entire body. It seemed that, when he tapped into his energy, his pace began to rise steadily. Though, the aura was of a hue dim enough to be discreet.

Several seconds later, he made a sharp turn through the denser part of the forest, hoping that the sudden movement would also force him to lose their trail.

Sesshomaru growled as he pursued but lost them. He growled and cursed. He tried to pick up a scent, but their scent was weak now and musked by his aura. He cursed again afterwards and went to set up camp somewhere.

'Did we...lose him...?' Ruji thought, gradually slowing down in his pace. He eventually came to a stop when they reached a cave, and as he had done before, he formed an aura shield around the entire cave to mask their presences entirely. 'It seems that we did. I can barely sense him now. Damn, he must really want Sachi back...' Speaking of Sachi, he had placed her unconscious body on the grass patch of the cave floor. He loomed over her, maroon irises staring down at her with concern. "Sachi...?" He called out her name, but he was unsure as to whether it would do anything at all. She was, after all, unconscious. Though, he was hoping deeply that the poison wasn't strong enough to, say, kill her. "Don't die... Anything but that..." he said aloud without realizing. Although he hadn't known her for too long, he still obviously didn't want her to die. He...cared about her well-being. He didn't know when the feeling of care and affection had developed for her, but all he knew was that...he didn't want to lose someone else that he cared about.

However, another thought came to mind. He blinked and looked up. If Sesshomaru truly wanted Sachi back, then he wouldn't strike her with a poison strong enough to kill her. If that was the case, then maybe Sachi's life wasn't in any actual danger... Glancing back down, he found himself gazing at Sachi once again. His face was very close to her own, but he didn't realize it. Instead, his optics eventually paused at her lips. His heart skipped a beat; why did he suddenly obtain the urge to kiss her...? Perhaps all of the mixed feelings washing through him were affecting him in an odd way as well. At least, that was what he thought.

She could hear Ruji's voice calling out to her. She just couldn't seem to rouse herself though. She was trying so hard but the poison was strong. It would take awhile to get out of her system. She slowly opened her eyes groggily.

Relief gradually overcame Ruji when Sachi finally opened her eyes, but rather groggily. "Sachi...you're awake..." He sounded delightfully surprised because he wasn't expecting her to wake up--at least, not for awhile. He could sense that she was still 'out of it' though. After all, the poison was still lurking about in her system. But...what could he do about it? There had to be something... Just then, an idea had popped into his head. He actually could help get more of the poison out of the body at a quicker rate. Swiftly, the halfling bent over her and lifted the leg that had been nicked by the poison whip. "Forgive me Sachi. This might hurt a little at first." With his pointed fangs, he bit her as gently as he could. However, it was just enough to break the skin so that he could proceed with sucking out the poison that resided in her leg. He paused every now and then to spit the infected blood out, but as he continued doing this, he began to feel faint himself. Though, that didn't stop him. He only stopped to say, "Tell me when you're feeling better." That would be the only time he'd stop.

Sachi couldn't exactly fight him at first. She was too weak. She gave a hiss weakly at the pain of him biting her leg. She began to feel better after a bit though. Then she squirmed knowing he'd get infected if he didn't stop. "I-i'll be o-ok now." she coughed harshly trying to encourage him to stop.

Ruji eventually seized with sucking the poison out of her leg moments after she spoke. After spitting out another mouthful of her infected blood, he looked back up to her. "You are...okay now? Are you sure you're feeling better?" he asked her with uncertainty in his eyes, as he didn't quite know if she was just saying that to get him to stop or if she really was beginning to feel better. Perhaps she was telling the truth though, because he had sucked out a decent amount of infected blood according to the way he was currently feeling. He felt rather lightheaded and as he moved back a little, he lost his balance and stumbled onto his bottom. "Geez... That's some strong-ass poison..." he muttered, attempting to shake the lightheadedness from his being.