Lewi & Jovian

John looked around and saw Marcus purposefully looking anywhere other than at them. He studied the instructor's movements for a moment, and then focused on Kieara again. His thumb unconsciously started moving over her skin in a comforting motion.

"Do you need to leave? I'll take you anywhere you want to go," he offered in a low whisper.

"M-my dad will come back and do it again...." She seemed scared.

John shook his head. "I'll protect you. You can go wherever you want. I'll take you there. You don't... You shouldn't have to go through this!" he said, upset that a father would ever do this to his own child. He would call a domestic violence hotline if he had to. If she would let him. "Just come with me for now. We can talk about it more later."

Kieara was silent for awhile thinking about it. "I...ok..." she said to him softly.

Nodding, John slid an arm around her waist and led her out to the car. He was surprised to see his sister standing there waiting, and then remembered that was why he was here.

"What's up with her?" Anne asked, her tone soft but curious. She shot John a glare.

"We're giving her a ride," John stated simply. "Get in," he told Anne, and then opened the door for Kieara and helped her into the passenger seat. "I'll keep you safe," he promised in a whisper.

Both girls in the car, he got into the driver's seat and drove towards his parents' house.

Kieara heard the new voice and became nervous. She shook lightly and say down. She smiled at his promise though.