Lewi & Elflady

As he touched her sparks of electricity bit at his hands, and Kieara cried out in pain as the electricity searched for an exit from her being. The armored man came over again and Kieara hissed weakly. She'd taken some of the worst beatings being a slave, she wasn't going to let this take her down. She mumbled a few things and they disappeared reappearing outside the city limits on the opposite side fromt he enchanted forest. They were in a large meadow.

Occupied with her pain and the armoured brute approaching again Dylan didn't fully notice the pain as the electricity went through Kieara and into him but the odd numb feeling would stay in his fingers for awhile. Then Kieara said something wuietly and as sudden as a breath their surroundings changed and they stood in a meadow near a forest leaving Dylan breathless in surprise but his attention wasn't distracted for very long. "How are you? I'm sorry for that, I got too carried away without counting on them retaliating." He felt really bad for what she had suffered and wished she hadn't jumped in the way.

Kieara looked up at him weakly. She smiled even though she was in pain as she lay on the ground. "It's ok, you were only trying to help." It was then that an equestrian creature approached curiously at the new creature it had never seen before. A human smelled so different. A unicorn was standing behind him and began sniffing his hair.

"You don't have to take hits for me Kieara, it's not fair for you." He said, glad that she at least seemed to be fine except from the lingering pain. This damned council wasn't like any law enforcement that he knew about, so the law wasn't perfect were he lived but even the poorest man wouldn't get physically abused, especially not in court and despite guessing the council wasn't very nice Dylan hadn't really expected them to be this cruel. Starting to relax a little seeing as even if the council sent out people to look for them and they used magic to travel they still wouldn't know where to search, unless they had some freakish magic compass, Dylan stiffened instantly as he heard steps behind him, strangely it sounded like hooves. Dylan like animals, he really did, but the bigger they were to more wary he was and as something came up behind him and started sniffing his hair Dylan had to hold back a need to jump away, the soft muzzle tickled as the creature continued, slowly he turned prepared for the worst only finding himself eye to eye with what he first believed to be a horse only horses did not have a horn on their brow. "A unicorn," he said softly. "You have unicorns here? My sister would be so envious if she knew about this," he said in awe. His sister, Nora, was a horse nut and literary had horses on the brain and had even forced Dylan with her to the stables and even forced him to ride with her although it hadn't always gone so well.

Kieara smiled. "They're so sweet. I love unicorns." she said to him as the unicorn pressed its nose into his hand wanting petted. "the only time you'll find a wild one is when they're scared. They don't harm anybody, and they're big babies." She said as the unicorns horn seemed to glow seperate from its body in a celestial manner. The horn was the source of its magic. This one was a mare because behind it in the feild not only were a couple more adults, but a baby one that had yet to gain its horn prancing about playfully.

As the unicorn wanted to be petted Dylan had to smile at the creature, it was surprisingly cute for being such a large animal with a glowing horn in its forehead, and he couldn't really be wary against it for some reason, it almost oozed a peaceful and friendly aura. Stroking its muzzle and cheek he was striken by just how odd this was, perhaps he shouldn't keep getting impressed and surprised by all these new things but her couldn't help it, "are the unicorns safe here? On Earth we have legends about Unicorns and they were often hunted down," he asked as he moved his hand to scratch under the unicorns head, just where the head met the throat, his sister's horse usually liked it and seeing as he had little experience with horses and animals in general he did what he had seen her do.

"Around year 400 here, there was a rip in the portal and many creatures passed through, at least that's what i've heard in lore. And I heard that it was closest to the plains where they stay, unicorns are pretty rare around here now because the majority passed through and was slain on earth. Their horns are made of the purest magic though. So if someone here is underhanded enough they are hunted, but it's rare." It liked it and whinneyed at him. It moved closer leaning its neck over his shoulder and pressing its head back against his head as if trying to hug him. It snorted softly in response.

"So all those legends we have are actually real," Dylan said amazed. Like most people Dylan had always taken all legends and stories of old as just that, stories, after all people were very superstisious back then although apperently they weren't that delusional after all, and he wondered why anyone wanted to harm such an innocent creature although not very surprised really, humans had always hunted even iof it often was for fun which he couldn't understand, to him hunting was something necessary to get food although if he had to get his own food in the wild he would have to become a vegetarian, but hunting for fun was just cruel. "Sorry, little girl," Dylan said softly to the unicorn as it put its head over his shoulder, it would not understand his apology, not that he personaly had killed this once ancestors but still he felt like giving apologis to it.

It snorted again. It then nosesd his arm and returned to grazing at his side. Kieara smiled as she sat up still hurting and sore, but not as bad as before.

Dylan looked at the unicorn as it grazed, still having a feeling as if it wsa a dream, having a real unicorn in front of him, but it was also both sad and amazing that there had really been unicorns on Earth although they'd been hunted as was normal when humans found something new and rare. Looking over at Kieara he was brought back to the harsh reality, the council and who or what they would send out to search for them, at least he guessed they would do that as they had seemed awfully intent on getting hold of Kieara. "How long will we be safe here?" he asked her. "Will they hunt you on Earth as well?"

"There's no telling. Last time I was on earth they didn't know I was there." She got up having healed and spoke. "If you come with me an were lucky we might see some gryphons." She smiled.

Kieara's doubting answer sent a chill down his spine but when he heard the word gryphon Dylan almost forgot forgot about the threat, almost. "Are gryphon's real here as well?" He asked in surprise. With all the myths he'd read about proving to be true one by one here on Avalon Dylan started to wonder if travels between Earth and Avalon in the past had led to that, stories and sightings had grown out of proportions and eventually triggered all the legends and stories of gods and creatures. "Can you use that teleportation magic again if needed," he asked, hoping the council would not find them but not able to shake off his careful nature entirely.

"If I don't use anymore magic for awhile yes. Me poofing us away took a bit." She said and smiled a bit. She led him along to a natural hot spring with warm healing waters. "We could swim if you like." She smiled. "Look!" She pointed up and showed him the gryphons nesting in the trees above them. That must've been the reason the waters were warm and healing. It was feeding off their magic.

That made him feel a bit more safe at least, if Kieara just used her magic sparingly she could keep them away if they were found. While a warm soak would be heavenly right now, probably it would be nice for Kieara seeing as even with her quick healing some warm water could feel nice, but it was a single spring. "It would be nice, but eh, I'm guessing bath suits isn't really in use here yet?" He asked, while not a total prude it would feel quite weird to take a bath without clothes with a new friend.

He forgot about that predicament as soon as he saw the gryphons nesting in the trees, they were a majestic sight, a real life mix of a powerful lion and majestic eagle, the pictures on them did them no justice really, even the most skilled artists had not been able to capture the pure power and magical feel these creatures had. He just hoped they were on the peaceful side as they undoubtedly was as strong as they looked.

Kieara whistled to them and a baby one flew down about the size of a lion's cub and squeaked at them. She laughed. "They're so cute at this age." She petted it then it went to Dylan. "Join me." She said to him wanting him to join her as she began to undress to get into the waters and soak her weary bones.

Dylan had to smile at the cub, it wasn't very big but apparently had well developed wings already, perhaps it was the bird side of them that made them develope faster than mammals usually did, not that he knew much about lions either or if gryphons actually followed normal logic, it was quite possible that they possesed magic that helped them grow. He scrathed it's head as it came to him and he smiled as the cub squeaked like he imagined an eagle baby would sound. Turning to Kieara as the gryphon joined it's parents again he felt his cheek warm slightly although he thankfully never seemed to show any signs of embarrasement on the outside. "Eh Kieara, what are you doing?" He was not used to her seemingly ignorance of genders and he was not that open although the bath was very tempting. Compromising with himself he stripped down to his boxers before joinging Kieara, the warm water felt heavenly and eased his mind even.

Kieara got into the waters nude. She smiled and relaxed in the healing oasis. She rose a brow seeing him get in in boxers. Maybe it was a human thing. She didn't judge. However before she'd stepped into the water one could see how pretty her body really was, but it was covered in scars and bruises from the torment she'd lived daily here in the magical realm. Her tail melded seamlessly with her skin just above her bottom further disproving that it was fake. She was unlike most cats, she enjoyed water. When it wasn't cold that is.

Dylan couldn't help notice seeing that Kieara was stunning, she did not just have a pretty face but he averted his eyes out of curtesy quickly but not before noticing her many scars and almost healed bruises covering much of her otherwise perfect skin. He felt a flash of anger over how people could treat others so cruelly and still call themselves being in the right, it was infuriating but just as it had been on Earth it took awhole lot to change peoples mind about slaves and despite efforts that hadn't vanished entirely despite many efforts. "It's funny," he said wanting to fill the air with something else than a furious rant over slavery. "I though cats hated water." He wondered if she had any traits from the cats she looked so similar too at all or if her liking water was just because she was more like a tiger than a house cat, at least he believed tigers swimmed although he wasn't sure if it was a racial trait or a personal preference.

"I like water." She said. "When it's not cold." She liked warm weather. but playing in the snow was fun too. "What would you like to see next of Avalon?" She asked him with a smile. She was more than happy to be his tour guide for the day. She could feel her magic being replenished as she sat into the water. but it occurred to her. She wondered what it would do to a human?

"I have no idea," Dylan answered as he lowered himself deeper into the warm water. "I don't know anything about Avalon so whatever you show will be just as impressing as the rest." Feeling relaxed and even a bit lazy as the water seemed to soften up his entire being Dylan began to wonder why the water felt different, it was not much but he was certain there was something odd compared to the warm springs on earth. Sure he had only been in a hotspring a few times before when he was on vacation with his family to Iceland but he felt quite sure he was right. "Kieara, is there any differences in ater between Avalon and Earth?" He asked, the slight hum under his skin was as comforting as the water in itself but it was still odd.