Lewi & Elflady

Kieara looked down then spoke. "Yes." She said to him. "And more than likely there are only slaces to do the work." She spoke again. "If you say that you're my friend, you'll be deemed as low as I am."

"I don't care about that, I'm not even from here so I won't suffer any consequences as I'll go back to Earth eventually," he said. He was not about to act like slavery was alright just because of personal comfort, so what if he gained no friends here or was looked down upon, he wouldn't suffer from it in the long run. "What happens to slaves without an owner Kieara?" He asked as a thought hit him, perhaps it wasn't safe for her going around without a master. Perhaps slaves with good masters led better lives than homeless people on Earth but they were still owned with no freedom and despite not being very brave or fit for a homeless life Dylan was quite sure he would rather be that than a slave.

Kieara spoke. "We die." She said casually as if it happened everyday. She led him around to all the different wonderous places within the city, but soon a man, a large man, in onyx armor came over taking her arm. "Kieara. We've been expecting you." She hissed and tensed.

"Die!" Dylan exclaimed, his horror contrasting to her casual attitude about the fact. "How does that even happen, are you killed just for being free?" It was outrageous, especially the fact that it seemed like a normal thing to her, so even if a slave became free they would never have time to savor that freedom. "But," he started, thinking back on her words. "How come you are alive then?"

The over all peaceful tour of the city was cut short as a large armoured man came up to them, his brutish appearance only enhanced by his onyx armour, taking a strong grip on Kieara Dylan got a bad feeling from his words as well as his looks and Kieara's reaction only strengthened that feeling. "What do you think you are you doing?" Dylan stepped forward, straightening up in a futile attempt to match the man's height as he aimed a golden glare at the brute.

Kieara shot a look at Dylan telling him to shut up with her eyes. He rose a hand and it sparked with electricity across his fingers. "Hush, and come with me boy." He drug Kieara apparently not trusting her enough to let her loose. Kieara was being dragged to that huge building.

Seeing the electricty spark across the man's hand and noticing Kieara's sharp look Dylan decided to keep his mouth shut, at least for now. But as Kieara was dragged towards the huge building the feeling of dread grew in his stomach, being in a strange world didn't help to calm him down either. He looked to Kieara as he headed after the two, almost jogging to keep up with the large man's huge steps, trying to get a clue about the situation from her.

"Let me go! I refuse to see the council!" The man was silent as he drug her inside, but on the inside was nothing but pitch black. It was like walking literally into an abyss. The three could be seen plainly, like they were in sunshine, but after the door closed behind them it was all pitch black, like they were in nothing. Then a light appeared at the end of the room with a long table and many different elderly creatures sat along the table.

His bad feeling grew until he feared he'd get his first ulcer, the pitch black inside of the building doing little to ease his worry, he could clearly see the man and Kieara but everything else was hidden in darkness so black even the night sky seemed lighter in comparison. Finally they came upon a long table with a bunch of old people of differing races seated by it, so that would be the council Kieara had spoken of when he first found her, those that would kill her. His old habit of biting his lip hen worried came back and he pondered if he should say something, Kieara had warned him to stay silent but he couldn't just watch her get hurt either, not only because she was the only one who would get him back home.

Kieara was drug forward and released in front of the table. After a moment of silence the guard shoved her to the ground. "Show some respect for the council." She growled and defiantly got up and the people on the council glared. "What do you want with me?" She demanded. A witch stood. "How dare you talk to us in such a manner!" With that a plasma ball was shot at her.

As with most authorities Dylan believed they put too much importance on rules and behaviour, did they really think a person started respecting them more just beacause they bowed, it was a ridiculous notion and even if they forced a person to do their bidding respect didn't come from force but it seemed like this was a common thing across worlds. He had to be impressedwith Kieara, if he were in her shoes he'd be scared to death, basically as he were right now but he couldn't see even a trace of it on her. But as the magic sphere towards her he instinctivly took a few steps forward aiming to pull her out of the way.

It hit her knocking her clear across the room. She let out a yelp. The guard grossed to her. "Get up." He demanded. She shoved herself up weakly trembling as she did. "Who's your friend?" A vampire asked. She spoke. "None of your business." He fell silent. "Send her to the recruiters. Make sure she's at the front lines."

Failing to reach her in time Dylan saw her flie across the room, hoping that demons were stronger than humans as she landed painfully but before he could rush over to see if she was alright Kieara stood up, trembling but seemingly alright. A jolt of fear rushed through him as a pale man, with a striking resemblance to vampires from legends on Earth, spoke, inquiring about himself but the council were apparently not interested in him enough to question further when Kieara retorted. Then they said to take her away, frontlines, what frontlines, what was this a war? Stepping closer he stared at the council ignoring kieara's earlier warning. "You can't take her away," he demanded, hiding his fear behind a mask of confidense. He may have little chance to succeed but maybe if they thought he owned her they'd let her go, he didn't like it but if it would save her then he'd do it.

Kieara looked up painfully and came forward taking his arm. "What do you think you're doing?!" She whispered harshly. The council humored him knowing he was a human. "Oh? We can't?"

Pushing away his fear as the council turned hon him he ignored Kieara once more, his usually warm eyes cold as steel. "FIrstly I saved her from danger a few days ago, even in less developed cuntries than where I am from that often means that she owes me." He said, his voice steady despite his furiously beating heart. "Secondly I am her new master and you can't take her without my permission." He didn't like using this card but the council seemed unyielding and from what Kieara had said both cruel and stubborn.

"Oh is that so?" One spoke skeptically. "Kieara, come here." He ordered. Nothing. "Kieara, I said come here." She was able to resist, and it even shocked her. She was so used to listening to the council. She looked up at them and smirked defiantly. "Then in that case, we commondeer your slave." That didn't work as planned. She frowned and the gaurd went to grab them both.

Dylan began hoping it would succeed but then the council hit again, he started wondering if they always were this stubborn or if they just hated being defied. "I don't see why you are so upset by a single slave," he said with a tone as if that was a lowly thing to do. "She is just one little girl, why the big commotion, from what I see you have many slaves here." Dylan finished, glaring at the council members, taking a firm grip on her arm hoping Kieara wouldn't take his words seriously

The man who'd previously spoke spoke again. "Well, this slave is special, she possesses a certain gift.....of obedience." HE smirked. "Comes quite in handy."

Dylans turned his cold eyes to the man starting to get annoyed with their constant angles that prevented Kieara's freedom, the thought hadn't yet hit him what the council could do to him, a human, and hopefully it wouldn't. "Well, it doesn't seem like that gift is working for you anymore," he said, having seen Kieara being able to ignore the council just now. "This constant tries to take her, it seems as you need her becaus no other slave will listen to you, either that or you people are just stubborn, unable to give up on one small thing just because." Dylan couldn't believe he was actually saying this, was it really his mouth that moved and spoke like this to a group of powerfull creatures that weren't even human? Inwardly he cursed himself while he fought to keep his expression hard and confident, maybe the air of Avalon was causing him to act like this, back home he would never have done such a thing, then again he had never had any need to do that though.

Kieara was begining to chastize him for his actions. She was whispering to him about how he should stop or else. The wizard on the council rose and spoke. "Silence!" He then sent lightning at him. Kieara moved in front of him and took the shot screaming and crumping to the ground in a heap of pain as the electricity still pulsed through her body causing a spark here and there and making her jerk.

"Kieara," he called out as the half demon collapsed in front of him, having taken the attack meant for him. Ignoring the remaining sparks Dylan kneeled down by her side, quickly having forgotten his cool demeanour, "are you alright? I'm sorry, you shouldn't have had to take the hit for me." his guilt and worry obvious in his eyes Dylan went to help her get up, already regretting his stubborn tries to get the council to listen. He wanted nothing else at the moment than to teach the council a lesson but as a simple human what could he do to hurt or threaten them?