Let's talk sandwiches

K

Kitti

What is your favorite sandwich and why? (Do you have a particular bread preference to go with it?)

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Spekkun
Favorite sammich: rotisserie chicken and cheddar and/or colby cheese. I would prefer it on white bread but as long as the bread is soft I'm happy. either that or an "Ultimate spicy Italian" on Italian bread from subway.

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Kitti and Spekkun
I LOVE italian cold cut subs, and I make my own buns and grill them in the toaster oven...YUMMO. Making bread is something I've only recently been able to master with any success and oh my..I am addicted.

Ugh this was a hard one Kitti! My favorite sandwich AT THE MOMENT is cold Turkey on whole wheat with some guacamole, mayo, lettuce, tomatoes and some thin apple slices for sweetness 8D my addiction.

Before that was a simple steak and cheese on Italian with pepper Jack, bell peppers, cucumbers, lettuce and baby spinach

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Kitti
I'm reeeeaaaalllyyyy picky. My sandwiches consist of any kind of bread (wtf is the difference?), mayo, lettuce, turkey/ham (the real kind), and cheddar or pepper jack cheese.

I will say this, though: once you start toasting your own bread for sandwiches, there's no going back.

I like sandwiches in general but chicken (like, strips), pesto, and mozzarella on some slightly **toasted bread is 10/10.
I did go through a weird phase when I was a kid where I would only eat ham and spicy mustard sandwiches (preferably on whole wheat bread), though. My family told me that they thought that it was weird as fuck since most little kids are not into spicy mustard.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Spekkun
I believe @Joan Prefers her sandwiches with moist bread if I'm not mistaken.

Reactions: Aero Blue
I am an abomination of a human being, and my favourite sandwich is Crunchy Peanut Butter (the kind WITHOUT added sugar) and Cheese Whiz. Can be on any kind of bread, but that's my go to combo. And it has to be sugarless peanut butter, otherwise its too sweet and the taste is off.

But a really close runner up is roasted chicken, arugula, goat cheese and raspberry jam. Honestly, it could probably be any kind of berry jam, raspberry is just our go to.

Reactions: Iceydaze
I am an abomination of a human being, and my favourite sandwich is Crunchy Peanut Butter (the kind WITHOUT added sugar) and Cheese Whiz. Can be on any kind of bread, but that's my go to combo. And it has to be sugarless peanut butter, otherwise its too sweet and the taste is off.

But a really close runner up is roasted chicken, arugula, goat cheese and raspberry jam. Honestly, it could probably be any kind of berry jam, raspberry is just our go to.
The second one sounds good. You had me with the first one until you said Cheese Whiz. Hahaha how do you even figure out that you like that?

The second one sounds good. You had me with the first one until you said Cheese Whiz. Hahaha how do you even figure out that you like that?

Gosh, I was like... 8 or 9 at the time. Was sick of the same ham and cheese sandwiches that I got for school lunches everyday, so I experimented to see what tasted good together. (Jam and Ham is pretty tasty, btw) I've tried the combo with actual cheddar cheese and its just not the same. It has to be Cheese Whiz. And this sandwich is literally the only reason I buy the stuff.

oh, right, let's actually answer this thread instead of bullying Kitti. Real talk I prefer wraps (code for breakfast burrito) or just making things into quesadillas. But I've made and especially liked:

Caramelized bananas, honey, peanut butter, nutella on toasted white bread (it's a bit much).
Grilled cheese on sourdough.
Fried spam with a wasabi and kewpie mayo mix... on grilled white bread (I don't normally get fancy breads die)

My uni cafe did a mean ham and gruyere, and I do need to make a monte cristo some day. I also had a jam and ham sandwich with powdered sugar on top when I visited China a long time ago, and it was good for a few bites.

• Nice Execution!
I fuck w sandwiches so much lmao,, i love the british classic of the ploughman's sandwich. Seeded bread with a thin layer of butter ;; slices of mature cheddar, chunky pickle, lettuce and sliced tomato,,, BOMB

Jeez, I like almost every sandwich. Put almost anything between two pieces of bread, and I am more willing to eat it than before. Notable exceptions are reubens (cus I don't like sauerkraut) and tuna melts (cus warm tuna is gross).

But hgnnnghg breakfast sandwiches on sourdough toast, probably my most likely favourite. Eggs, cheese, bacon, tomatoes... actually, just put any breakfast-y things on it; I'll eat it.

Avocado, lettuce, tomatoes, onions and cranberries with salt, pepper, oil and vinegar on a roll. No mayo. Stop judging me. It's delicious.

I just thought of another sandwich I love that's even better. Toast your bread, put some mashed potatoes down (You can butter the toast or put it on the potatoes) Add chicken nuggets, and shredded cheese, preferably cheddar. (everything is cooked first of course) it's a good meal in a sammy.

The skint student classic of a toast sandwich with a scraping of butter gives me a certain nostalgia kick.

Now I have (fractionally) more money: Spelt sour dough bread (1 slice lightly buttered), A sharp cheddar or Kaltbach cheese, thin sliced white onion, sliced pickles, bbq beef flavour ridge cut crisps (prawn cocktail is also a good shout). It's just the right combination of flavours, textures and moisture levels.

Favorite sandwich? Subway Sweet Onion Chicken Teriyaki on wheat bread with pepperoni. Lots of pickles, black olives, banana peppers, lettuce, and tomato. (I can hear Link from GMM explaining his dislike of tomatoes at this moment) I also like a little sweet onion sauce and should have it with a tall glass of sweet tea no ice because it just waters it down.

I don't mind smoked salmon on sourdough with plenty of green olives mashed in between.

:cookie: