Let's talk fashion

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • DO remember, gentlemen, that when it comes to leaving stickers on your hat, wearing your pants down low, and wearing big, gaudy "bling", that Boys have "swag", but Men have class
If I could beat every male in the world over the head with this one quote, I would.

I'm so glad I married a man, not a boy.

My wife spoke of something similar.

Women date boys but marry men

Boys live out of a backpack, men have furniture

Boys have something to prove, men know what they're worth.

Things of this nature

• Love
Reactions: 1 person

" Dress like you are about to Meet your Worst Enemy Today." - Coco Chanel.

I love it, it speaks to the competitive female in me

I love it, it speaks to the competitive female in me

Ha ha xD. I feel you girl. I am mostly like that most of the times.

It's only for the best.~

" You live but once.. You might as well be amusing." - Coco Chanel.

Question!

It is a DO for men to dress nicely or at least with style.

Is it a DONT for them to be constantly buying top tier stuff?

Question!

It is a DO for men to dress nicely or at least with style.

Is it a DONT for them to be constantly buying top tier stuff?
Who said anything about top tier stuff? I'm talking about looks like this when I say swag is for boys if that's what you mean

What to buy is dependant on your budget; my only fashion rule for what you spend on is that it's better to buy things that change up or compliment clothes you already have, rather than blowing your budget building from scratch, or buying things that don't look good with what you have

Can I quote you on this to justify me wearing the same type of clothes the last several years?

Now this is only my personal opinion, but there is something I find attractive about elegance, minimalism and cleanliness in style choice, especially on men. Not only do I think it looks better fashion-wise, I feel it also portrays you as a more put-together individual. Again this is just my opinion.

Clean shirts with minimal designs and small or no logos. Pants that aren't so long, loose or baggy that they drag or fall off your waist. Wear a belt (but don't let it be the only thing keeping your pants up!). Personally, I prefer no hats if you're trying to dress to impress. Consider doing something with your hair instead. Bonus points if you can find a subtle cologne!

So yeah. Do those things and boom! Instant increase on fatal's scale of attractiveness.

But to drive home the point about "top tier stuff," I don't care about what brands a guy is wearing. I barely even care about what brands a girl is wearing!

So you're not on board with a fedora and pea coat for the colder weather? For shame!

Pea coats are fine if it's cold. Skip the fedora. =P

Do: Wear whatever you want however you please because it makes you happy. :]
Don't: Think that just because you like to wear something a certain way and others tell you it's wrong, that it's wrong, because dressing up and having personal style is up to you and no one else. :]

Reactions: fatalrendezvous
Buttflaps for everyone. The Egyptians didn't care, nor should we.

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
There shall be war on behalf of men with proper hat wear. :)
I don't have a huge problem with fedoras if they're ACTUALLY fedoras and not the commonly mistaken trilby, AND (here's the big, oft-broken 'if') if they're worn with appropriate clothes

A tie with a tee-shirt is tacky

sneakers with a dress is tacky

a dress jacket over a wifebeater is tacky

A baseball cap with a ballgown is tacky

A fedora with anything but a semiformal outfit falls under the same principle. And even then fedoras have such an association nowadays with the awkward, antisocial, pretentious hipster, neckbeard fanboy stereotype that unless that's what you're going for, I'd advise against.

• Thank You
Reactions: fatalrendezvous
Do: Wear whatever you want however you please because it makes you happy. :]
Don't: Think that just because you like to wear something a certain way and others tell you it's wrong, that it's wrong, because dressing up and having personal style is up to you and no one else. :]
this 100%; but do so while being aware that humanity is a visual species, and we tend to judge a lot by looks even if we don't realise it. How you dress and coordinate your appearance will give people an impression of what kind of person you are. Whether it's accurate or not is beside the point. Definitely dress how you're comfortable and happy, but be aware of the impressions you're sending out. If you're looking like a slut, it doesn't matter if you are one or not, be okay with people percieving you that way. If you dress like a modest mouse/homebody, it doesn't matter if you're actually a hidden party animal, people are going to make impressions based on your clothes. How you BEHAVE is a huge factor too of course, but, okay, let me boil it down

Dress for yourself, but be aware what your image says to other people and be prepared to deal with how they'll treat you and react to you based on those impressions.

Personally I'm not fond of seeing anyone's butt in public, so please cover that up at least ><

I can't tell you how many times I've seen someone get up from their seat on the bus and their crack is hanging out.....just ugh

Reactions: Razilin
Personally I'm not fond of seeing anyone's butt in public, so please cover that up at least ><

I can't tell you how many times I've seen someone get up from their seat on the bus and their crack is hanging out.....just ugh
I agree that this is a crime and gross

B-but some of us have a hard time finding pants that fit our hips properly and they tend to scooch down if we're sitting for awhile - us nice people will correct it immediately, but we can't stop it from happening =x=

So question.

I am quite enamored of the 1930s/World's Fair look. I love comics, movies, and storytelling styles evocative of the pulp era. If its Chicago in the 1930s, it already gets my vote. The snappy dialogue, the sharp suits, the hats, the Art Deco, the long cars.

This is an outdated thing now?

Status
Not open for further replies.