Let's Talk Ethnic

Status
Not open for further replies.
You get cubed meat and you cook it how you want it on a heat rock, and they give you a bunch of different dipping sauces. It's incredible and a wonderful date meal.

I don't make the rules. Has to be cheese curds to be real poutine. I don't even like cheese.
I was gonna ask. Some of that looks raw and it looks like it's sitting on a giant brownie.

Shame my wife would never go to a place like that. That looks amazing.

Though not sure how it's ethnic..

I don't make the rules. Has to be cheese curds to be real poutine. I don't even like cheese.

If you break the rules, we'll send an angry Gordon Ramsey to slap you across the face verbally.

"Fuck me backwards this salty ass soggy piece of garbage is what you bloody call fucking poutine, you used cheese not the fucking curds, you twit spitting idiot,"

• Nice Execution!
Reactions: Windsong
A lot of my Poutines end up being without curds and instead normal cheese...

Just because I end up making giant ones from home, and cheese curds are EXPENSIVE like holy shit. o_o

*Expects a second taunt*

*Get's Korean Food*

I am ok with this! :3

It's actually really delicious. I'm allergic to alpha gal, but I can have beef boillon. Things that doesn't utilized mammalian protein. And my Korean friend makes this with a beef bone, and the marrow gets into the soup. And the tofu kind of gives it a texture. It melts in your mouth and makes it "creamy" without cheese. And the bitter rootiness of the Korean spices perfectly blends with the savory of the fatty beef flavor.

It's actually really delicious. I'm allergic to alpha gal, but I can have beef boillon. Things that doesn't utilized mammalian protein. And my Korean friend makes this with a beef bone, and the marrow gets into the soup. And the tofu kind of gives it a texture. It melts in your mouth and makes it "creamy" without cheese. And the bitter rootiness of the Korean spices perfectly blends with the savory of the fatty beef flavor.
... What are you a food critic? XD

Most people normally tend to go "Eat this! It's good!". :P
It does actually sound pretty good though.

... What are you a food critic? XD

Most people normally tend to go "Eat this! It's good!". :P
It does actually sound pretty good though.

I actually do make my own food though. I am cheffy in my own home. So I can be a bit of a critic about food. I'm also one of those rare folks called a super taster. So I taste everything super intensely. So I like deep flavor. That conveys depth in each spice. I like flavorful food.

I actually do make my own food though. I am cheffy in my own home. So I can be a bit of a critic about food. I'm also one of those rare folks called a super taster. So I taste everything super intensely. So I like deep flavor. That conveys depth in each spice. I like flavorful food.
Ah, you wouldn't like my method of cooking then... Which is a highly simplistic method of either:

1) Leave it in the oven, fuck flipping it over
2) Drown it in Gravy/Cheese/Ketchup!

Ah, you wouldn't like my method of cooking then... Which is a highly simplistic method of either:

1) Leave it in the oven, fuck flipping it over
2) Drown it in Gravy/Cheese/Ketchup!
Yeah, no I have a structure. And was probably planning on doing Recipes on Youtube. I just need a Gopro or something like it to record

Yeah, no I have a structure. And was probably planning on doing Recipes on Youtube. I just need a Gopro or something like it to record
A book and a YouTube Channel?

Dude! When the hell do you stop! XD

I was gonna ask. Some of that looks raw and it looks like it's sitting on a giant brownie.

Shame my wife would never go to a place like that. That looks amazing.

Though not sure how it's ethnic..

It's Canadian wild life done in a unique fashion. I think that counts.

B'sides, ethnic doesn't necessarily mean "not North American". I can't imagine many people outside Western North America have had bison, and moose (forgot it at first) is a pretty Northern thing, along with elk.

Reactions: Windsong
poutine.jpg

Poutines are the best. :3
I was gonna say -

ANOTHER FRENCH CANADIAN ??

But then I realized you're Gwazi, woops

But yes poutine is amazing

Something that's regional though - it's called Cipaille, or Six-pâtes. It's a French Canadian adaptation of the British sea-pie.

It has about 5-6 layers and is like... meat pies stacked one on top of the other. There's a bunch of meat (some people make it with game meat only, or like moose+deer) with carrots, potatoes, turnips... along with a broth to make it all super juicy. There are some dough balls called "des mousses" (mousse because they are so fluffy and tasty). It's delicious as fuck and I would eat that all year long. It's typically a Christmas-time food because it can feed so many.

mf97kro.jpg

Reactions: Dervish
A book and a YouTube Channel?

Dude! When the hell do you stop! XD

Um I am creative individual whose soul runs on creating. I am also an actor for a haunted house and have auditioned for extra positions in movies and television shows before

Reactions: Gwazi Magnum
I was gonna say -

ANOTHER FRENCH CANADIAN ??

But then I realized you're Gwazi, woops

But yes poutine is amazing

Something that's regional though - it's called Cipaille, or Six-pâtes. It's a French Canadian adaptation of the British sea-pie.

It has about 5-6 layers and is like... meat pies stacked one on top of the other. There's a bunch of meat (some people make it with game meat only, or like moose+deer) with carrots, potatoes, turnips... along with a broth to make it all super juicy. There are some dough balls called "des mousses" (mousse because they are so fluffy and tasty). It's delicious as fuck and I would eat that all year long. It's typically a Christmas-time food because it can feed so many.

mf97kro.jpg

I know what I'm looking for next time I'm out East.

Another one I like, and I am not Japanese, but I have studied authentic recipes. Is Japanese Curry. Did you know that each recipe is actually unique to each family? And what makes Japanese curry authentic is simply the way it is adapted in the family home.

Japanese curry - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

• Love
Status
Not open for further replies.