Let's See Where This Goes

Status
Not open for further replies.
"A few, but they weren't true friends. I'm not one to put myself out there, and when every 'friend' you've had has tried to murder you, it scares you a bit." she got to thinking about Alicia and the others. She didn't want to remember those crazed psychopaths. She'd seen them murder other's in their guild before, and that was why she left. Only to become one of the people they were after.
"So, you obviously travel a little. Have you been anywhere interesting?" Choten asked, tilting his head.

"I'm not really much of one to pay attention to my surroundings. Most of my time is spent avoiding people, until now, but I do meet some interesting shop and innkeepers. I like listening to their stories, but I don't ever get to know them well." She thought back to her travels. Using her nickname everywhere she went. Her real name didn't come up much. Asher was a name her sister had given her when they were younger, so she decided to go by it after she left.

"I'm not really much of one to pay attention to my surroundings. Most of my time is spent avoiding people, until now, but I do meet some interesting shop and innkeepers. I like listening to their stories, but I don't ever get to know them well." She thought back to her travels. Using her nickname everywhere she went. Her real name didn't come up much. Asher was a name her sister had given her when they were younger, so she decided to go by it after she left.
"Hmm....okay, yeah. That makes sense," Choten said, nodding. "I've never really gone far from town."

"That sounds peaceful. Once I get those jerks off my back, I wanna stop traveling and find a home. I wanna find a place I can go to, where I know I won't be hunted." Asher said. The thought of a bit of peace was something she looked forward to.

"That sounds like a good goal," Choten said with a soft smile.

"It just seems so unatainable right now." she said.

"It just seems so unatainable right now." she said.
"If you really, really want to, you will. You are one of those people who can. I can tell," Choten said, smiling. "But for now, you're not there."

"I will. Someday. I will." a faint smile was appearing on your face.

"The future always seems brighter, doesn't it?" Choten asked, looking into the distance, eyes full of wonder.

"Yes. It does. Someday I'll get those bastards off my back. Someday..." Something about Asher's eyes got brighter. She wished for a home, and had hope that she'd have one. Someday, she thought.

"Yes. It does. Someday I'll get those bastards off my back. Someday..." Something about Asher's eyes got brighter. She wished for a home, and had hope that she'd have one. Someday, she thought.
"Is there anything Floot or I could do to help?" Choten suggested. "I doubt he'd want to, but he probably would if I asked him."

"I'm pretty sure this is a battle I've got to fight on my own. I have the feeling this won't end 'till one of them, or me, is dead. That's one of the reasons I've had so much trouble with this. I'm not like them. I'm not a murderer. I don't feel as if I have the will to kill someone. It seems so...inhuman..." her voice trailed.

"Y-You've got a point. If Floot or I could help though, just tell us." Choten said, closing his eyes.

"I will. Thank you." Asher nodded her head.

"And don't hesitate. It gets kinda boring around here, so we need something to do," Choten said with a wink.

"I think I'll be spending a lot of time around here. It's risky to stay in one place, but I think I need to face my problem. It would be nice to have someone to turn to. I don't think I will hesitate."

"I think I'll be spending a lot of time around here. It's risky to stay in one place, but I think I need to face my problem. It would be nice to have someone to turn to. I don't think I will hesitate."
"If you need weapons or something, Floot's your guy. He's freakin resourceful."

"I might take advantage of that, but I never kill unless I'm in a life threatening situation."

"It sounds like right now your whole life is, mostly. Just saying," Choten said, shrugging.

"Yes, that seems true." Asher chuckled, laughing at the situation she was in. "I guess when it comes down to it, I need to stop evading them..."

Status
Not open for further replies.