Let's See Where This Goes

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Good question. We could go for a walk. Or there's a tavern down the road. I could buy you a drink." Asher responded, excited to make a new friend.
"Sounds good Asher. You know, I think that Asher isn't your real name. It doesn't sound like a name someone would give someone," Choten said, looking at Asher, a faint smile on his lips.

"Sounds good Asher. You know, I think that Asher isn't your real name. It doesn't sound like a name someone would give someone," Choten said, looking at Asher, a faint smile on his lips.
"Well maybe that's for me to know and you to find out." she said. She couldn't help but smile. "And no. Asher isn't my real name."

"Well maybe that's for me to know and you to find out." she said. She couldn't help but smile. "And no. Asher isn't my real name."
"Ha, I was right!" Choten said with a small fist pump.
"So, Choten, do you want me to come with and help with, well, you know..." Floot trailed off and Choten's face grew dark, for a second, then he looked happy again.
"No, I should be fine, but thanks for worrying about me, Floot. Should I be expecting to see you behind us now?" Choten joked, with a laugh.

"Ha, I was right!" Choten said with a small fist pump.
"So, Choten, do you want me to come with and help with, well, you know..." Floot trailed off and Choten's face grew dark, for a second, then he looked happy again.
"No, I should be fine, but thanks for worrying about me, Floot. Should I be expecting to see you behind us now?" Choten joked, with a laugh.
Asher laughed. She had wondered what they were talking about before, but decided to leave it alone. "Well as long as he doesn't rape anyone, I don't mind." Asher joked. The smile on her face only getting bigger.

Asher laughed. She had wondered what they were talking about before, but decided to leave it alone. "Well as long as he doesn't rape anyone, I don't mind." Asher joked. The smile on her face only getting bigger.
"Hey, I don't do that!" Floot said, then mumbled something. "Well, I'll see you back at your house Choten."
"Yeah, okay. Seeya later," Choten said, shaking his head, and smiling. "Did you hear what he mumbled?"

"Hey, I don't do that!" Floot said, then mumbled something. "Well, I'll see you back at your house Choten."
"Yeah, okay. Seeya later," Choten said, shaking his head, and smiling. "Did you hear what he mumbled?"
"No. I didn't. Did you?" Asher asked. Slightly relieved that the stalkerish dude was gone.

"No. I didn't. Did you?" Asher asked. Slightly relieved that the stalkerish dude was gone.
"Yeah, he said, 'not anymore.'" Choten said, imitating Floot's voice, then shaking his head again, he sighed. "Floot..." Choten said, laughing at his friend that was walking away.

"Oh gosh!" Asher said laughing. "what did he used to do? Nevermind. I probably don't want to know." she was still laughing about Floot's comment.

"Oh gosh!" Asher said laughing. "what did he used to do? Nevermind. I probably don't want to know." she was still laughing about Floot's comment.
"I don't know...or, I might have......" Choten said, eyes going distant. Then he shook his head. "Anyways, lead the way, my new friend!" Choten said, smiling broadly again.

"Why don't we walk for a while? Maybe see where the night takes us. It'd be fun." Asher thought about having a friend. She hadn't had anyone who was even decent to her in a long while. The burners seemed to have made sure of that. "You probably know this town better than I do. I've only seen it at night." she said.

"Why don't we walk for a while? Maybe see where the night takes us. It'd be fun." Asher thought about having a friend. She hadn't had anyone who was even decent to her in a long while. The burners seemed to have made sure of that. "You probably know this town better than I do. I've only seen it at night." she said.
"Eh, I don't go out much....I tend not to talk to anyone lately, and Floot always says he's not surprised, 'ever since the accident.' Ugh, why can't I remember what the accident is?" Choten said, then looked at Asher, almost as if she'd just appeared. "Eh, um, yeah, a walk sounds, nice...." Choten trailed off, obviously falling into his own mind.

Last edited by a moderator:
"You seem...different. Almost as if you understand the torture ones own mind can put them through." Asher said. Her voice was trailing and her thoughts were wandering.

"You seem...different. Almost as if you understand the torture ones own mind can put them through." Asher said. Her voice was trailing and her thoughts were wandering.
"I-I-I never can remember anything when I need to! It's so annoying...and I can remember that I caused it....but I can't remember what I did," Choten said, frowning. "I keep asking Floot, but he keeps saying that if I can't remember, I shouldn't know. It makes me so mad...." Choten sighed, then rubbed the back of his head.

"Maybe it's best that you don't. The mind can chose to block out the most painful memories, and sometimes they are best left alone..." Asher's voice began to trail even more and she looked at the ground making circles in the dirt.

"Maybe it's best that you don't. The mind can chose to block out the most painful memories, and sometimes they are best left alone..." Asher's voice began to trail even more and she looked at the ground making circles in the dirt.
"But, I want to know why I forgot. I know it's something I did. I want to know so badly, but Floot won't tell me. I just want to start remembering....." Choten said, shaking his head, but not snapping back his happy self.

"I understand." Asher said. Nodding once, then silence fell for a few minutes.

"I understand." Asher said. Nodding once, then silence fell for a few minutes.
After a silence, Choten looked happy again, and looked at Asher, but he couldn't think of anything to say, so he kept on walking, and smiling.

"You have this silly grin plastered on your face. What are you smiling about?" Asher asked. [Smiles are contagious.] she thought to herself. Then she giggled.

"You have this silly grin plastered on your face. What are you smiling about?" Asher asked. [Smiles are contagious.] she thought to herself. Then she giggled.
"I want to say something, but, I dunno what to say," Choten said, shaking his head.

Asher laughed. "dumb struck by something?" she asked.

Status
Not open for further replies.