Let's learn something cool about our bodies!

Status
Not open for further replies.
url-2.gif

Do I need to close this thread?
Naw it's all good.

EVERYONE, LET'S GET BACK TO HUMOUR AND SCIENCE!!

Also, apologies @Minibit Sorry for shitting up your thread.

In all seriousness, the comic was great. I hope it does offer some awesome education value to folk (as it seems to have already)!

• Thank You
Reactions: Minibit
Well, we don't explode into Spores on death quite yet...
We'd have a huge crisis on our hands if we did.

Or we'd just legalize cannibalism.

Naw it's all good.

EVERYONE, LET'S GET BACK TO HUMOUR AND SCIENCE!!

Also, apologies @Minibit Sorry for shitting up your thread.

In all seriousness, the comic was great. I hope it does offer some awesome education value to folk (as it seems to have already)!
I was about to say; are we done derailing my cool-human-anatomy-stuff thread with sci-fi ideas and their viability in the movie industry? Thanks for the redirect <3

Actually I could probably go on for a while about various cool things about anatomy - I'm a big proponent of taking the shame out of discussing genetalia (I think people would be a lot healthier in that respect if we talked about it more).

Like, did you know that the vagina and vulva have Ph balance independant of the rest of the body? 'infections' in that area are not simply a result of foreign contamination (vaginas are self-cleaning!) so much as that balance getting put off-kilter.
Let's get back to Humanity being space orcs.
Go ahead! It was an interesting discussion, but do it in its own thread, that's not the topic here. Besides, if you start a new discussion, you'll get new voices where people entered the thread knowing that was the subject :3

Like, did you know that the vagina and vulva have Ph balance independant of the rest of the body? 'infections' in that area are not simply a result of foreign contamination (vaginas are self-cleaning!) so much as that balance getting put off-kilter.

I DID know this!! As a matter of fact, douching your vajayjay is one of the worst things you can do for it, as it throws your pH balance completely off kilter which results in, well... Bad stuff! The bloody thing (heh) is self-cleaning; let it do its job!

Of course, I can't tell this to wimmenz because I have no vajayjay and they don't habeeb me. :[

I DID know this!! As a matter of fact, douching your vajayjay is one of the worst things you can do for it, as it throws your pH balance completely off kilter which results in, well... Bad stuff! The bloody thing (heh) is self-cleaning; let it do its job!

Of course, I can't tell this to wimmenz because I have no vajayjay and they don't habeeb me. :[
Similarly bad for you are scented 'panty liners' which are marketed not for menstruation management, but to make the vulva smell 'fresh' (whatever the hell fresh vulva is supposed to smell like). Thing is, the chemicals that create the scent are really irritating and throw off the Ph balance and can give you rashes and dehydration and infections :(

Ladies of Iwaku and the world, your vagina is fine. Your vulva is fine. If it's clean and healthy, then it smells like it's supposed to smell. It's self-cleaning, let it do it's job.

/me could easily extend this sentiment to people worrying that their genitals are 'weird' or 'wrong' in shape, colour, or other visual regards and mention that all vaginas, vulvas, penises, and testes are unique and beautiful, but that is a rant for another day

Oh my god and do not even get me STARTED about how bad tampons and pads are for you.

Menstrual cups, girls, seriously. Save money. Don't get TSS. Save the environment. And period positivity, holy shit, I know you can't imagine loving your period let alone looking forward to it in any way but you know what they say how you learn to love your body by taking care of it? It's fucking true, and removing risks of
  • tiny vaginal tears
  • dehydration
  • bacterial infections
  • Toxic Shock Syndrome (it's lethal. seriously. and largely unknown. Why do we not talk about how we take our lives in our hands every time we insert a tampon? Can we wake up to this please?)
  • General irritation
  • Inconvenience of needing to have refills/replacements on hand
  • Financial cost of the same
DEFINITELY qualifies as taking care of yourself.

Oops, I got started.

I guess I'll just leave this here :/
GladRags - Reusable, Earth Friendly Menstrual Pads & Cups

• Love
Reactions: Adelaide
My sister uses a cup. Boils it to sanitize it when she's done.

Best investment ever (or, uh... so she claimed).

Reactions: Minibit
My sister uses a cup. Boils it to sanitize it when she's done.

Best investment ever (or, uh... so she claimed).
I'd be inclined to agree. I use one too, and it's seriously one of my favourite things that I own. Definitely the biggest bonus is not having to be terrified of TSS. Next up is probably never again facing that awkward situation wher eyou get surprised and have to bum a tampon :/ My cup came with a little carry-bag so I just keep it in my purse and I'm covered all the time 8D

Status
Not open for further replies.