Let's Just Go {Innocent Devil & Charlie Vasilyev}

Status
Not open for further replies.
He pouted hearing her correct him but he knows she was right. They couldn't take a plane since they were both underage but getting on a boat wouldn't be too difficult. For now sticking to her plan of going south was good enough until the police chatter quiets down a bit. "We'll worry about the rest of things when it comes closer to that time. For now we drive around a thousand miles south." He turned the radio on and tuned it to a station that placed more rhythmic songs to calm the mind. The drive was the hard part for right now, sooner or later they would have to stop for gas and risk getting seen since the tank was just under the half marker.

Val sighed,
"Just wake me up when you need a break." she told him. She leaned her chair back and closed her eyes to get a few winks of sleep at least. She never slept well to begin with for some reason cars just made it worse. Sometimes she'd get carsick if she slept in cars most of the time she just slept worse than normal. She tossed and turned a little in her seat belt and hugged herself tightly while she slept. She wasn't cold she was just unhappy and never really felt safe. Allex normally made it better, but being a car ride away from the cops didn't help her.

Her sleeping made him feel better about this. He didn't like when she didn't sleep or got upset. She was like family to him and he deeply cared about family over anything. He occasionally glanced over to her to see if she was still okay before he returned his attention to the road. It stayed like this for a few hours until they reached the state border. The highway was fairly clear considering the night and he paid the seventy-five cent toll to pass through into Indiana. They at least made it out of the state okay but now to make it to the next place. About ten minutes later the gas light turned on. Great. Now he had to find a gas station with somewhat decent prices. Allex decided to get off the highway and go into a small town a little ways from the border. Luckily there was a gas station near the exit that he pulled into.

Allex quickly got out of the car into the cold night air and went inside to pay for the pump. He didn't exactly have a credit card on him so he had to go in to pay with cash. While pumping the gas he saw a few cars drive up next to them. They made him anxious since they could be anyone but quickly dismissed the thought as he finished up refilling the tank. The car should be fine for a good number of miles but Allex was beyond exhausted. He got back into the car, eyes half open, and started the car back up.

Val woke up at the gas station and sat up. She watched nervously as Allwx went in to pay. He looked tired.
When he came back Val reached over and grabbed the keys before he could start the car.
"I'm driving. You're gonna kill us both of you fall asleep at the wheel." She stated. She got out of the car and walked around the car. Opening up the driver door she signaled him out
"Out you need sleep." She ordered. Val was a tough girl but she loved Allex deeply. She wasn't sure if she cares for him like a brother or something else. She didn't want Allex hurting himself and also she didn't want to jepordize their freedom. Both of them could go to jail if they were caught and brought back.

"But I.. Fine.." He got out of the car and went around into the passenger side. He didn't want her to drive since he was supposed to be the one helping her but deep down, although he'll never admit it, he appreciated her doing so. He laid back against the chair and relaxed himself. He hadn't exactly slept correctly in the past few days so this was good for him. Soon enough the drowsiness hit him like a train and he passed out soundly asleep.

Val got in the car and adjusted the seat to her height. She started it up and headed down the road. She would never admit it to Allex but she actually found driving quite stressful. She always felt like she was going to hurt someone or crash into something. She kinda liked it but at the same time utterly hated it.
Val watched carefully as the road went by in the headlights. She turned the radio station down and the to something that wouldn't put her too sleep. Some country music is what she chose because she didn't want to wake Allex.
Val kept driving until around 7:00 am the next morning stopping for gas a couple times. She finally pulled into an old
Motel and shook Allex.
"Sasha." She said. There were bags under her eyes and she felt tense from all that driving but she was also famished.

Allex jumped up startled from his dreams. "Huh? Where are we?" He looked out the window to see that it was early in the morning and realized that she had driven the rest of the night. He felt disheartened seeing the tired look in her eyes. "Why are we here.. Actually what state are we in?" He was confused at to where they were since she drove a great distance from where they were before.

"North Carolina. Crossed the border half and hour ago. Would've been here soon except I got lost after getting gas in Tennesee. " Val stated. She looked around.
"Figures we could at least grab some breakfast here. I'm starving. " she stated. Val yawned and rubbed her eyes. She needed to get out and stress she was stuff from sitting and driving most of the night.
Opening the car door and stepped out and stretched her arms above her head trying to get her muscles to relax and stop being so tense.

He got out of the car and stretched his back, wincing every so often from the pain. "Don't you have to be a guest to eat their food? We should've went to a restaurant or something silly." He opened up the back door and pulled his backpack out. He wanted to change his clothes to something more comfortable than what he was wearing to sleep last night.

"I was going to, but I nearly fell asleep at the wheel so I parked here!" Val retorted. She stretched some more and grunted in satsifaction as her muscles started to relax and uncramp. She yawned and looked around,
"You can drive us into town and we could stop a McDonalds or something. Fast food would be better than a sit down. A diner would take too long, too much oppurtunity to be recognized." she told Allex as she walked around the car to the passenger side. She shoved her hands in her pocket looking fro a cigarette. Val had started smoking in middle school after she'd stolen her first pack of cigarettes,
"Gimme my bag, I need a smoke." she requested of her friend.

Allex shook his head following with a chuckle. "Of course." At least she decided to stop the car before she passed out. He walked around to the other side of the car and pulled out her bag so she could smoke. He never was fond of her smoking because he knew it was bad for her but he never had the intention of telling her otherwise. If it could make her the slightest bit happy or relaxed he didn't mind in letting her do as she pleases, just as she does the same for him. "You can smoke while I drive. Loitering on others' property is a crime too." He said before getting into the driver's seat and starting the car back up. A few seconds later he got a buzz on his phone signaling his attention. "Uh Val.. We're gonna have to ditch the car soon." He read the message over again just to clarify with himself. His father had texted him a picture of the police wanted add with his photo on it just to spite him. This caused quite a bit of turmoil within his mind but there was nothing to worry about at the current moment. There was no trace of them for the police to find unless they were to be recognized.

Val lit up and getting in she smoked while they drove. She looked abut startled when Allex's phone buzzed,
"You didn't dump that thing!?" She asked horrified. "Sasha...they can track you phone. You gotta ditch it. " she told him worried. Val swore under her breath. They really hadn't thought this out had they? She knew they'd need to ditch the car though that's why she'd packed food easy to carry.
"Yeah...we can crash or dump the car somewhere after we grab food. We can walk for a while." She muttered.
Val took a longer drag and blew the smoke out the window

"It was in my pocket I didn't notice." He pouted a bit as he pulled out of the motel lot and onto the road. His phone was the only connection he had with his mother with the occasional times that she would call to see if he was dead yet. He didn't want to abandon it before retrieving the necessary contacts out of it. "I hate walking.." He muttered to himself after hearing her statement about walking. He didn't exactly want to ditch the car but they had no other choice. A little ways down the road he found a Wendy's. "Better than nothing right?"

Val sighed and rested her head against the back of the chair.
"I'm sorry for being mean." she said taking another puff at her cigarette, she knew she hand't been very kind since they headed out. The smoking helped her relax. She knew it was bad being hooked on something and not being able to relax or not be anxious with out it, but she didn't want to quit. She nodded,
"Yea, Wendy's is fine." she agreed. She puffed some more on her cigarette taking long drags as it. She blew the some smoke out the window slowly.

"It's fine. I get it." Allex pulled into an empty space in Wendy's and got out the car, leaving his belongings behind. "Once we eat we can organize our stuff a bit more before we leave." He took only his wallet with him and walked into the Wendy's. It was still pretty early in the morning so the only thing on the menu was breakfast foods. He wasn't very hungry but he knew this might be the last time he could eat for a while and decided to take advantage of the situation.

Val got out and slowly walked towards the fast food joint. She put her cigarette out and put it in the ashtray as she walked in and looked around. She studied the menu trying to find something that would fill her up or at least satisfy her for a good amount of time.
She finally stepped up and ordered an 'Artisian Breakfast Sandwich', seasoned home fries and a large cup of coffee. May as well get some good meals in while they could. She orders it to go so they could walk and eat.

It took him a bit before he decided on what he wanted to order. He stepped up to the counter and ordered a sausage egg burrito with a honey butter chicken biscuit and an orange juice. Once his order was ready he collected his bag and went to grab some napkins. Food was messy and last thing he wanted was to be messy when there was nowhere for them to shower. "You ready? I'm going to the car okay?" He said as he walked out, food in hand, to the car to collect his belongings. He didn't bring too much with him when he left. The only thing that would significantly weigh him down was the wads of cash that scattered about his backpack. He would eventually have to fix it so that it wouldn't take up as much space but now wasn't the time. He took out his burrito and took a large bite. Mmmm..

Val followed him out with her bag of food and her coffee cup. When she got to the car she poured her coffee into a cheap thermos she had and after making sure her bag was packed she tucked the coffee thermos inside and out the backpack on.
Val started to eat her home fries as she waited for Allex to finish packing. Val absolutely loved home fries. They breakfast sandwich was just something more filling bit Val loved her fries....even non homemade fries were good. She savored her fried potatoes contentedly, relaxing and actually smiling for the first time in hours...days even she'd felt so stressed out and anxious back home all the time.
"You ready?" She asked.

"Born ready." Allex retorted before starting to walk from the vehicle with his backpack on. Open road ahead and the sun beating down on his pale skin, a pleasant change of pace to his not so pleasant affairs. He continued his way down the road, no exact path in mind until he came to a stop. "Next course of action is getting a map I suppose."

Val followed behind. She'd put half her fries neatly into her bag and was eating her sandwich now. The fries wouldn't go bad so she was saving those for later.
Val listened to Allex and nodded,
"Probably should get a map. We can generally pick one up rest stops and such. " she explained. Val rolled her shoulders. She still felt tight and stressed from a long night of driving.
Val glanced around. She'd changed clothes since they'd run away but Allex hadn't.
"You should change." She told as they passed a gas station. Val glanced at her arm. She'd scratched it up last night because of her nervous habit. It didn't look awful she should probably find a way to cover it until it healed up though so she'd couldn't be recognized by it.

Status
Not open for further replies.