Let's Go On A Quest!

Update: Working on a post, but it's a fair bit longer than the previous one so it's not ready yet. That is all.​

It always began with... waking up Jerry. Bound to Tom's shadow was Jerry, a demon king hell-bent on world domination. Tom wasn't sure how exactly Jerry planned on achieving world domination considering he couldn't move more than a few metres away from Tom's shadow, but Tom was happy enough to go along with Jerry's delusions of grandeur to keep him content. After all, Jerry did lend Tom his oh-so malevolent powers... such as giving people indigestion, and kind of granting minor wishes. Most relevant to the robbery, however, was Jerry's animated shadow ability: Jerry was able to stretch from Tom's shadow and interact with the world in his 2D form, like a freakish pop-up book. Such a grotesque figure made a rather good distraction, or if all eyes were on Tom then Jerry could extend one of his shadowy arms into a someone's pocket unnoticed. Plus if things went wrong, Jerry did a decent job of intimidating people into submission... at least when he kept his mouth shut.

Tom clicked his fingers thrice, the signal for Jerry to wake up. At first a single pumpkin-orange eye cracked open, followed by a second eye reluctantly fluttering open, with Jerry's jagged grin being the final feature of Jerry's face to appear in Tom's shadow. Yawning, a pair of arms stretched out above the shadow's head for a moment, before quickly converging back into Tom's silhouette.

"For what malicious deed have you awoken me today, slave?" Jerry mocked, conveniently able to make himself heard by Tom alone, "Arson? Ransom? Or let me guess... another petty theft?"

"If you want me to eat tonight, then yes, another petty theft it is," Tom hissed into his scarf, which he wore for the very purpose of discretely communicating with Jerry. Turns out people thought you were insane when you talked to your shadow, and worse when they realised your shadow could talk back.

"I suppose it would be rather inconvenient if you died..." Jerry considered, "Very well slave, I shall help you. Who do you plan on lightening today, perchance?"

"The man with the stony face, ten paces ahead, slightly to the left. I'll distract him, and you steal the wallet from his jacket."

"Not exactly a looker, is he? Unlike my handsome self, I can hardly keep the lady-demons off me."

Tom ignored the last comment, deciding to instead focus on his role in the scheme. Eyes cast down, Tom casually approached his target, "accidentally" knocking into him as if he somehow hadn't seen the giant of a man standing in his path. "Ah, I'm ever so sorry, are you alright?" Tom stammered, flailing his hands in apology. The man merely grunted in reply. Apologising once more, Tom turned to scamper off on his merry way once he saw Jerry had the wallet hidden in his shadowy hands, but found a steadfast hand on his shoulder grounding him to the spot.

"N' where d'yt'hink you're going with 'at?"

It was rather hard to tell what the man was saying with his rumbling voice, but from the look in his eye Tom didn't suppose the man was too happy to have caught Tom and Jerry in the act of stealing his wallet. Thinking fast, Tom...

~~~

Thus ends the second instalment in Tom and Jerry's adventure! I somehow only realised the Tom and Jerry reference when writing those last couple of lines, I genuinely didn't make the connection of just how silly the names were until the end of the post. Clearly I am need of serious help... help for deciding what happens next! (Eyyy, seamless segway!) So, how is Tom going to attempt to wriggle his way out of this?​

• Love
Reactions: A.O. Taku
Thus ends the second instalment in Tom and Jerry's adventure! I somehow only realised the Tom and Jerry reference when writing those last couple of lines, I genuinely didn't make the connection of just how silly the names were until the end of the post.
All according to keikaku~

Thinking fast, Tom...

"Quick, Slave -- use Sand Attack!"

... threw a mattering of pocket sand to the man's face, and then...

"Now, finish him! Use the ultimate of techniques that no earthly creature or demon can stand against!!"

... Ran as fast as he could, sprinting in the opposite direction.

"I am disappoint. But the wise demon king of darkness is also impressed. Your ability to recognize how pathetic you are -- and you are truly pathetic, slave, the worst of hosts conceivable, truly -- is a boon. Having to find and possess the shadow of someone as completely rock bottom as yourself would be a difficult task, even for one as great as I."

Reactions: Daz
Thinking fast, Tom...

"Quick, Slave -- use Sand Attack!"

... threw a mattering of pocket sand to the man's face, and then...

"Now, finish him! Use the ultimate of techniques that no earthly creature or demon can stand against!!"

... Ran as fast as he could, sprinting in the opposite direction.
A ground type move against a rock type? Smart choice.

• Bucket of Rainbows
A ground type move against a rock type? Smart choice.
Wait, I thought it was a Fighting type? Which, considering we are Normal/Dark, is likely not going to end well...

Wait, I thought it was a Fighting type? Which, considering we are Normal/Dark, is likely not going to end well...
We know the mark's a rock type for sure. Well, I'm pretty sure. Given the stony face.

But I mean. Sand Attack is an accuracy focused move, so while it does have type advantage, I dunno if it will work any better against the mark. Either way, Normal/Dark's don't have the best sturdiness usually so....

*Clicks RUN*

We know the mark's a rock type for sure. Well, I'm pretty sure. Given the stony face.

But I mean. Sand Attack is an accuracy focused move, so while it does have type advantage, I dunno if it will work any better against the mark. Either way, Normal/Dark's don't have the best sturdiness usually so....

*Clicks RUN*

Let's assume it's rock/fighting then. Also, RUN AWAY!

Thinking fast.... Tom stared. Honestly, he had no clue what the guy said and wasn't sure if he should be scared of him. Besides Jerry could pummel him fast too, no way he could beat a demon. Assuming the worst, he just waited for Jerry to save him. He could always count on Jerry.

I vote sand + run; simple, quick, and effective. Are we allowed to suggest on the ultimate outcome, though? Cuz if so, I'd vote that he's unsuccessful and doesn't manage to get away. Consequences, yo.

I vote sand + run; simple, quick, and effective. Are we allowed to suggest on the ultimate outcome, though? Cuz if so, I'd vote that he's unsuccessful and doesn't manage to get away. Consequences, yo.
It's possible for Tom to use the sand attack and not get away, indeed. Anyways, I've left this long enough, looks like that sand attack it is!

Haven't forgotten this, just distracted with ~assessments~. Things will come eventually...