lets get some fries.

Status
Not open for further replies.
they soon arrived at the lake house. Cars were paraded by this one house and rock and roll music was booming. "C'mon lets go! Don't worry about race, there's lots of different people around here." he smiled holding her hand.

Tamille grinned. This was perfect! She hopped out of the car and took Charles hand.
She walked down to the beach as excitement bubbled through her. It looked like something out of a movie!

Charles smiled for a bit, looking at her. He then saw Maxwell drive to the front of another lake house. Maxwell knocked on the front door, out came another male his age. Charles knew what was going on, Maxwell didn't just drop us off , he was expecting somebody.

the other male hopped into the back seat of the car,Maxwell followed along. The windows were tinted making hard to see what they were doing but it was clear enough to know.

Charles tried his best to smile his way without showing jealousy. "that is MY brother," he thought to himself.

Seeing the look of jealousy on Charles face, Tamille looked over to where his eyes were. She saw his brother. It clicked. She slowly let go of his hand and slid her hands into the pockets of her dress. "I'm...gunna go over there and get a drink okay." Tamille put on a convincing smile and headed down the beach.

"O-okay." he said meekly. "You want me to get you a beer? there's some inside." Charles said trying to seem like it didn't matter.

Tamille shrugged. This just got so awkward. She paused before turning around awkwardly and walked down to where everyone was. There was a bonfire and music playing. A few people were dancing while others were talking around the fire.
Tamille sat on a bench made out of a dry log. She sighed softly. She should have known better.
"Hey." A voice said holding a cup in front of her face. She looked up and a boy from her class. Mike.
"Oh hey." She replied. She took the drink as he sat next to her.
"Why do you look so sad?" Tamille looked at him confused.
"I don't look sad." Mike snorted rolling his eyes. "Yeah and Im not black." Even Tamille had to laugh at that. As she talked with Mike she sipped the drink he gave. Her eyes kept looking for Charles to see where he was. She sort of felt bad for walking away but she just didn't know what to do.

"Gosh, you're such an idiot." he said kicking some sand, while heading to the lake house.He grabbed a beer,only for himself this time. Charles took a gulp and started to sit on one of the docks.

"Hey do you know were Charles is?" Tamille interrupted Mike's story. He halted mid sentence and raised an eyebrow.
"Why would you be looking for him?" He didn't try to hide the distaste in his voice.
"Because he brought me here." Mike sighed and wrapped an arm around her. "I'm telling you this because I care about you. I would stay away from him. They say he's a little....weird with..." Mike leaned in to whisper the end. "Apparently there's rumors about him and his brother." He leaned back. "But you didn't hear it from me. Not many people know because frankly his brother scares people but just so you know."
Tamille was silent. She handed Mike her cup and stood. "I need to go talk to him." Mike watched her leave with sad eyes. He looked back at the fire as Tamille looked for Charles. It wasn't long until she saw him at the docks. Wordlessly she sat next to him. "Hey." She nearly whispered.

"Mike told you?" he said, taking another swig from his bottle. "I'm surprised you figured it out by this point." he said bluntly.

"He didn't really need to. It was all over your face." Tamille said. Her eyes were focused on the water. She didn't really mind it. It was his business but there was one thing that did bother her. "Did you even like me? At all?"

"Yeah, I like you...i was hoping that you would change me." he said looking at the water. He glanced at his brothers car again, taking a swig as he looked. "I thought if I dated a girl, everything would change. You see, I'm doing something that is illegal."

"Well...are you happy with the way things are?" Tamille asked. "There's no point in trying to change if what you feel makes you happy." She swung her feet back and forth, leaning back on her hands. "I really like you too if that helps..."

"But if I do what makes me happy, I would be breaking the law." he said.

Charles looked at his bottle, then throwing it into the water furiously.he rubbed his eyes and took a deep breath. "I'm losing my brother, I'm losing ny humanity and I can't do anything about it." Charles took another deep breath.

"Why are you putting up with me?"

"And if you settle for me you'll be miserable and ridiculed. So why not just be happy if people are going to talk?" Tamille rationalized. She sighed and looked at Charles for the first time. "I already told you I liked you silly. We're friends at least so why wouldn't I?"

"aren't you disgusted with me?" he asked, his eyes started to water.

"It is weird Charles. I won't lie and say it's not but that's what people thought about my parents. I'm about as much a freak as you in most peoples eyes." Tamille answered. Even in her own school she'd gotten death threats. She sighed and stood. "C'mon let's go somewhere else. Where do you like to go?"

"There's a diner around here...hungry?" he smiled. Charles whiped up his tears gave her a hug.

"Yeah." She smiled and hugged him back. "Ever want to talk you can come over okay?" She kissed his forehead and took his hand walking back to the car.

the male that Maxwell invited to the car got out of the backseat, running back to his house. Charles gave him a glance, noticing how the male was wiping his mouth.

Maxwell skidded to the front seat. "Who's mike?" Charles asked trying to ignore his brother.

"Just a guy from my school. He's nice." Tamille said. He was the only one to talk to her really. Probably because he felt bad. "How'd you know him?" Tamille said. She didn't remember saying anything about Mike.

Status
Not open for further replies.