Let's Get Exploring! (Pokémon Gijinka Mystery Dungeon RP, see inside for details!)

mr_pibbs

The One True Pibbles
Original poster
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Posting Speed
  1. 1-3 posts per day
  2. 1-3 posts per week
  3. One post per week
Writing Levels
  1. Intermediate
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
image.jpg image.jpg
image.jpg

In a parallel universe, the creatures we know as "Pokémon" are in fact, the dominant species on the planet. Humans do not exist in this world, there are only Pokémon. But, these Pokémon are different from the ones you and I have come to know: they are eerily humanoid.

Maintaining the same powers as their alternate-selves, the humanoid Pokémon are extraordinary specimens of the natural world. Humans possessing incredible abilities allowing them to control the elements, to fly through the sky with cloth-wings like birds, to use telepathy/telekinesis, and even the ability to change their form based on the strength in their heart or through mystical stones containing tremendous power (what we refer to as "Pokémon-Evolution).

But while there are no human beings in this world, the other animals have remained virtually the same. It is curious, almost as if the humanoid Pokémon have totally replaced human beings in this world, having taken the next evolutionary step before our primate relatives.

These alternate Pokémon have created a civilization all their own, building homes and towns that oddly resemble our own, but with a unique twist that only these incredible creatures could come up with. But surprisingly, they are much like human beings. They can think for themselves, they cultivate crops and livestock for their food needs, and they have even established social groups that model our religions, praying to the various "Legendaries", who they believe are Gods.

And just like humans, these Pokémon have an innate desire to explore the world around them, to seek out new life and fill in the blank spots on the map, to explain the unexplainable and to understand the unknown. While some have dedicated their lives to studying the world, there are those who set out to discover life's mysteries for themselves.

That's where, dear reader, you and I come in.

CALLING ALL ADVENTURERS!

Are you tired of your dull and routine lifestyle? Do you want to do something exciting every day? Have you ever longed to see the world and discover the secrets hidden within? If the answer is yes then don't wait another minute!

Come to the "Explorers Guild" in Littleroot Valley, where thousands of Pokémon from all over the world can build their very own explorer team! Meet new friends, build a secret base, pick a team name, and explore to your heart's content! You can work independently or use the Guild house to pick from missions that are posted daily on the bulletin board. These missions can range from finding berries, to finding lost Pokémon, to even going on a quest to explore ancient Legendary ruins! The possibilities are endless, and you can join for free!

Come see us at 187 Wartortle Way, Littleroot Valley, Kanto. Don't miss out on this extraordinary experience!

Okay, so there's an actual plot to this, it's not just a random interest check xD

Basically, the plot follows us, a team of explorers, on our exploits to become the greatest heroes ever. Meanwhile, a serious plot involving the return of a Legendary Pokémon who was banished long ago for fear it's raw power could destroy the world is going on behind the scenes. The legendary in question is special, as it is the only Pokémon still possessing an animal form (meaning, it's not a Gijinka) and is essentially Giratina's superior (if you know the backstory of Giratina, he's literally the Pokémon Devil. So, imagine what his boss would be like.)

From there we get caught up in the quest to stop the legendary from returning or face the total collapse of the universe as we know it. So there's a lot at stake.

What I'd like from this RP is sort of a rag-tag team who doesn't necessarily mesh well at the start (for example: two members always butting heads for control, the shy member who just wants everyone to stop yelling, the overly-excited/hyper member constantly rushing into issues without thinking, etc) from all kinds of Pokémon types (what this means is we don't want everyone being a starter, so have some variety).

Now, here's some character stuff to talk about:

You can play up to 3 characters if you can handle it, so you've got plenty of opportunities to be your favourite Pokémon! Just don't make all three of them Starter Pokémon. I'm putting a limit on One Starter per player (example roster if you use all 3 characters: Amber the Charizard, Doug the Sandshrew, and Belle the Butterfree).

I will also create a list of starters to make sure we don't have doubles, so if there's a specific one you want then you'd better catch'em before somebody else does.

But I have to say this before hand just in case anyone thinks about it: LEGENDARY POKÉMON WILL BE NPC CHARACTERS, YOU CANNOT PLAY ONE. Sorry, but I've seen so many of these RPs fail because too many all-powerful legendary Pokémon were running around with a team of lesser Pokémon. That being said, pseudo legendaries like Meloetta are an exception to this rule. But again, I will post a list of banned legendaries so it's fair to everyone.

Also, if you're having trouble picking a Pokémon, I can give you the official "Pokémon Mystery Dungeon Personality Test" to help determine what Pokémon you might be in real life (I'd add my own modifications to the test though because it would be too difficult to scan through the personalities of 720 Pokémon, give or take a few that are banned/taken by another player)

Anyways, post below if you're interested! We'll start the OoC after we have at least four people (eight players will be the maximum so thugs don't get too crazy in terms of characters).

Last edited:
Pokémon Lists:

~ Starters ~

• Bulbasaur/Ivysaur/Venusaur

• Charmander/Charmeleon/Charizard

• Squrtile/Wartortle/Blastoise

• Chikorita/Bayleef/Meganium

• Cyndaquil/Quilava/Typhlosion

• Totodile/Croconaw/Feraligatr

• Treeko/Grovyle/Sceptile

• Torchic/Combusken/Blaziken

• Mudkip/Marshtomp/Swampert

• Turtwig/Grotle/Torterra

• Chimchar/Monferno/Infernape

• Piplup/Prinplup/Empoleon

• Snivy/Servine/Serperior

• Tepig/Pignite/Emboar

• Oshawott/Dewott/Samurott

• Chespin/Quilladin/Chesnaught

• Fennekin/Braixen/Delphox

• Froakie/Frogadier/Greninja

~ Banned Legendaries ~

• Legendary Bird Trio (Articuno, Zapdos, Moltres)

• Mew/Mewtwo

• Legendary Dog Trio (Raikou, Entei, Suicune)

• Lugia/Ho-Oh

• Celebi

• Ancient Trio (Kyogre, Groudon, Rayquaza)

• Jirachi/Deoxys

• Lake Trio (Uxie, Mesprit, Azelf)

• Dimension Trio (Dialga, Palkia, Diratina)

• Heatran/Regigigas/Cresselia/Arceus

• Legendary Deer Trio (Cobalion, Terrakion, Virizion)

• Weather Trio (Tornadus, Thundurus, Landorus)

• Ying/Yang Trio (Reshiram, Zekrom, Kyurem)

• Weapon Trio (Xerneas, Yvetal, Zygarde)

• Hoopa

~ Allowed Legendaries/Pseudo Legendaries ~

((I realize some of these aren't legendaries/pseudos, but I consider most of the 'Final Gen Evos' to be pseudos))

• All "Eeveelutions" (Flareon, Jolteon, Vaporeon, Umbreon, Espeon, Leafeon, Glaceon, Sylveon)

** But only One of each Eeveelution is allowed. There can't be two Jolteons**

• Dratini/Dragonair/Dragonite

• Larvitar/Pupitat/Tyranitar

• Latias and Latios

• Bagon/Shelgon/Salamence

• Beldum/Metang/Metagross

• The Regi's (Regirock, Regice, Registeel)

• Any of the 3rd Evolutions introduced in Diamond/Pearl/Platinum (ex. Magnezone, Lickilicky, Rhyperior, etc.)

• Spiritomb and Rotom

• Phione/Manaphy

• Darkrai

• Shaymin (both forms)

• Victini

• Deino/Zweilous/Hydreigon

• Larvesta/Volcarona

• Keldeo

• Meloetta (both forms)

• Genesect

• Diancie​

All other Pokémon are up for grabs! Except Pikachu and Eevee. They're miiiine.

Last edited:
Totally interested! Could I maybe reserve the Charmander Starter spot, a Ninetails, and an Absol if they're allowed?

Yep! Absol would be allowed and so are the others

Also, Latias/Latios are reserved for a friend of mine, as well as an undetermined Eeveelution.

Totally interested! Could I maybe reserve the Charmander Starter spot, a Ninetails, and an Absol if they're allowed?

And is your Charmander evolved or is he/she going to be a Charmander?

And is your Charmander evolved or is he/she going to be a Charmander?
I guess it depends on if you have a character age requirement. I was hoping he could be a little younger, maybe around 12? The kind who wanders off and gets into trouble.

If that was too young, I could make him a little older, 14 going on 15... Have him still be a little childish for a bit, but as the RP goes on he could mature a bit in "preparation" for evolution?

There's not really an age limit, I was just thinking that really young characters (1-8) shouldn't really be involved with it, but you could make him older if you want.

I have no objections with starting out as the little guy then growing into the larger more powerful guy, it's always fun to try :3

There's not really an age limit, I was just thinking that really young characters (1-8) shouldn't really be involved with it, but you could make him older if you want.

I have no objections with starting out as the little guy then growing into the larger more powerful guy, it's always fun to try :3
Yeah, I figured having a little kid wouldn't work too well on adventure missions. XD There's just no practicality to it...

But I am the kind of person who picks up on weird details so please for give the many questions I'm sure to chuck your way... Including this next one. ^.^

The reason I ask about age, is because Pokémon obviously don't age/grow the same way humans do. They sort of age with their evolutions in a way, so I was wondering how you wanted to handle aging/evolving with this RP.... I know I'm a pain in the butt. Sorry. XD

Don't worry about it, the fact you're asking makes things so much easier xD

As for aging, in this world I'd have to say it's pretty much like how humans age. But with limitations.

Like I mentioned before, the whole "power in your heart" thing is actually a way to describe ther experience, or in terms of the game, their 'level'.

They can choose to evolve when they feel they have become powerful enough to do so (or they can crack open a rock and use the essence inside to force an evolution, something which I'll implement in this world so it can make sense for some evolutions such as Electrivire), but they can also refuse to 'evolve' and stay the way they are for an indefinite amount of time. But after a certain point (let's say for arguments sake, 2 years of refusing evolution) it eventually becomes unstoppable and you are forced to evolve into your next stage.

Does that make sense?

Don't worry about it, the fact you're asking makes things so much easier xD

As for aging, in this world I'd have to say it's pretty much like how humans age. But with limitations.

Like I mentioned before, the whole "power in your heart" thing is actually a way to describe ther experience, or in terms of the game, their 'level'.

They can choose to evolve when they feel they have become powerful enough to do so (or they can crack open a rock and use the essence inside to force an evolution, something which I'll implement in this world so it can make sense for some evolutions such as Electrivire), but they can also refuse to 'evolve' and stay the way they are for an indefinite amount of time. But after a certain point (let's say for arguments sake, 2 years of refusing evolution) it eventually becomes unstoppable and you are forced to evolve into your next stage.

Does that make sense?
Yeah, makes perfect sense to me. Thanks.

Alrighty, now we just need two more players!

Don't forget me Pibbs! I make a third.

As discussed over pm, I shall take Latios and Latias.

Right, right! Sowwy :3

Yes, Latias and Latios are yours!

Yeah! We just need one more for this party to get started!

Also, do we have suggestions for a group leader or shall Pikachu lead us to glory?

We also need a team name, but we can figure that out once we have a few members. xD

Right now, we have:

Pikachu (Electric), Eevee (Normal), Ninetails (Fire), Charmander (Fire to later become Fire/Flying), Absol (Dark), and finally, Latias and Latios (Psychic, potentially Psychic/Flying or Psychic/Dragon if I'm correct)

I'd vote either Pikachu or Charmander for leader.

I definitely wouldn't vote Charmander, he's going to be one childish character in the beginning. I vote Pikachu, Ninetails or Eevee.

Edit: Lol, that's like half the cast. I'm so indecisive. XD

Eevee can't, he'd be too timid to lead (but he could take over later on).

So looks like it's Pikachu or Ninetails. How're you planning to play him/her, @WeepingLiberty

Eevee can't, he'd be too timid to lead (but he could take over later on).

So looks like it's Pikachu or Ninetails. How're you planning to play him/her, @WeepingLiberty

I plan to make that one a chick, so she would be a little more lively. Very outgoing and ready to charge ahead into adventure. She might need someone like Absol (or at least how I plan to play him) to calm her down and tell her to think things through a little more... And a little like Wigglytuff from the games, her disappointment can be kind of scary, especially since she's a fire type. Of course that's just general... If you want Ninetails to be leader then I can tweak her in little ways to fit a more leader like roll while still maintaining that core personality.

No I was just asking because my Pikachu was gonna be headstrong, the type who rushes head first into trouble. A little cocky and arrogant, but still likable.