Let's Create Something! (Now including plot bunnies!)

SaiseiTunes

Fallen Angel Descended
Original poster
LURKER MEMBER
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Invitation Status
  1. Look for groups
  2. Looking for partners
Posting Speed
  1. Multiple posts per week
  2. 1-3 posts per week
Writing Levels
  1. Adept
  2. Advanced
  3. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
  3. Nonbinary
  4. Transgender
Genres
Sci-Fi and Fantasy are the two big ones.
Heyo friends! I was hoping to find some writing partners to tell some stories with on this lovely little site. I'd like to consider myself pretty flexible when it comes to characters and specific plots, but I do still have a few requirements and asks I'd like to set for anybody who may be interested in RPing. They are as follows:
  • NO ONE LINERS. Pretty much the only hard rule in place, and one I will not budge on. I consider myself a pretty good writer, and I'd like my RP partner to be the same. I won't be asking for novella length posts each time (because I know I certainly couldn't do that, and I wouldn't expect my partner to do what I couldn't do), but I do ask that you post several good paragraphs worth of story
  • At least one response a week. I'm pretty patient when it comes to activity, everyone has a life to live after all. But I don't want our story to hang in limbo for too long. As such, I hope that we can keep things moving with at least one post a week. If you'll be away for a while, please notify me. I'll do my best to return the favor if IRL stuff gets in my way.
  • For face claims, I prefer to stick to realistic or fantasy art as opposed to anime, but I am not 100% opposed to anime if you have a good FC for a character
  • If we're doing a romance plot, I would really prefer it to be a slow burn of some sort. Gives more room for juicy plot and character interaction/growth
  • Keep the plot moving. If a conversation is ending, find some way to keep our characters in action
Okay, I think that about covers everything in terms of requirements and what I look for in a writing partner. With that in mind, let's talk settings! I'll be honest, as of right now, the plot bunnies and hooks have evaded me entirely. However, I do have settings and themes that I generally like to touch on and create for RP, which I'll list below. These are the settings and themes I'm looking to write at the moment, so if anything catches your attention, feel free to let me know!

Themes
  • Finding your purpose in life
  • Running from one's past
  • Found family
  • The merging of the supernatural and mundane
Settings and characters
  • Anything cyberpunk
  • Urban fantasy (huge favorite of mine that I don't write enough)
    • Werewolf packs
    • Witches in the modern age
  • Demigods and deities
  • Low fantasy
    • Mercenaries
    • Royalty forming a connection with common citizens/palace staff
  • High fantasy
    • Almost any plot with magic as a driving force
    • Elves
  • Superheroes
  • Runaway experiments (I have several OCs that fit this vibe, it's one of my favorites)
These are all the main things that are generally at the forefront of my mind. If any of them sound interesting to you, feel free to let me know, and we can start brainstorming! I'll update this thread with any specific plot ideas as they come to mind, if any of them come to mind at all. Thank you for reading, and I hope we can tell some amazing stories together!

Plot Bunnies (All of these are based on some connected OCs and small worldbuilding I've done. Open for them being Redstar plots as well)
You've been a member of the Brimstone Order for all of your adult life, and most of your teens too. They've been good to you, training you to meet the world with a fiery spirit and teaching you the ways of kindness, and of the Harmonium, the pantheon that watches over the lands. In particular, you've worshipped Abellona, goddess of fire for as long as you can remember. At this point, you should be living your life happily as a mercenary. Except there's just one problem: the dreams. For months now, your sleep has been plagued by mysterious dreams, which seem to come from Abellona herself. It foretells of a test of faith, and a meeting of the divine. What exactly could these dreams mean?
The elf girl's been a constant around the city. Laeanna is well-known for being a fun prankster, respected enough, though not exactly famous by any stretch of the imagination. But she plays a bigger part in the city's clockwork than you know. One night, when going out for a midnight stroll, you see her, that same face that's normally so happy-go-lucky, now wreathed in blue markings, and clutching a dagger. Her eyes lock with yours, and just like that, she's been found. Now, you know the secret. You know of the mysterious Shadow Keep. And it's Laeanna who is going to initiate you into the order of assassins. Good luck surviving.
This is supposed to be the alliance of the century. Two kingdoms, Galilee, land of the tieflings, and Centuros, realm of the Imperial Demons, will be joined together in glorious harmony through marriage, ushering in a new era of peace throughout the land. Except there's just one issue. Galilee lacks an heir. Their queen has remained childless throughout her life. As such, Centuros' heir goes to scour the noble houses of Galilee in search for a partner. But their choice will come from a very strange source: a tiefling criminal. (You can either play the Centuros heir or the tiefling criminal, whichever you'd prefer)

Last edited:
Reactions: Aislynn Draconis
Still looking for partners!

I'm interested in "Shadow Keep - Unwilling Initiation". We can talk more in PM if you like about the world if you like (culture, technology, etc)

I'm interested in "Shadow Keep - Unwilling Initiation". We can talk more in PM if you like about the world if you like (culture, technology, etc)
Sure! Shoot me a PM, and let me know what you'd like to know more about

Still on the lookout for Harmonium and Unlikely Arrangement, as well as any other plots that touch on the themes or settings in my post