Lethal Reword - Tatters of the Fourth Wall

At first Michael blinked a few times, clearly used to being ignored so completely but clearly shocked by it, but as his face turned a deep shade of red he looked to the (Admittedly veeeeeery beautiful) chick
"hey, you, yeah, the hot chick, what the hell! i appear out of no where and you dont even say hi? thats ju...." he started, but he trailed off when he saw a tree that had been almost completely melted

"ohfuckmesidewayswouldyoulookatthat" the words shot out in a single, quick blurt as he raced over to the tree, glaive still clutched in oen hand
"oh that is just fu-um, bloody awesome, i meant you melted the tree! thats just metal man" Michael turned, a glint of respect in his eyes
"so which one of us is the tree melting badarse superstar?" he said, his eyes finding [SIZE=-1]Nerusai's spellbook.

"ah a mage!, very ncie work sir!" Michael jogged back over the the group and held his hand up to give the mage a high five, before realizing the oddity the gesture must have seemed to be, at that, he also realized that his speech would seem out of place.

"er, forgive my.....verbal stylings my freinds, I.....am not quite aquainted with the manner with which we should speak......shit this talking like a medevil dude is hard....gimme a sec to think stuff over..." Michael stumbled over his words
"bugger it, where're we going?" he asked, trying to shift the burden of talking back onto the others.
[/SIZE]

Roxevi lets loose a bit of a chuckle, patting Nerusai on the shoulder. "That was spectacular. If you could somehow find the nerve to do that to anything that wants to kill us as well as inanimate objects in our way, I'd be more than appreciative."

He turned to look at the very energetic male who had just appeared. He flashed a smile, offering a weapon salute with his spear. "You have no idea how glad I am to see you." He gave a nervous little chuckle, "It means I can drop a bit of the 'big darn hero' act. Taking the fight to people has never been my strong suit." He nods, "Personally, I'd rather stay in the back, with the magic-users... and because you're here, I'll have that chance... if you could use that glaive of yours to give whatever means us harm a good thrashing, I'll make sure our beautiful... but no less squishy... friends stay clear of harm... Micheal, was it? I'm Roxelvi."

"Oh! Right!" He turned to look at Kat with a slight blush. "The plane... sorry, I got a little..." He takes an involuntary glance at Nerusai. "...Distracted, but I think everything's okay, now..." He looked about the now-empty save for the smoldering dregs of what was once a tree. The wind changed direction... coming from where the plane had headed. With it came the smell of the ocean. "Hmmm." He smiled, moving as swift as his armor would allow him. "C'mon, then..." he grins, displaying those canine teeth again. "Adven-ture, adven-ture, thrilling-chilling blood-spilling hmm hmm hmm hmmmm hm hmmmm!" He made up a song as he walked, not caring how goofy it sounded.

"Ah, I'm sorry!" Kat got up and kissed Micheal on the cheek.
"Does that work? Or.." She smirked. "..would you rather we do something else?"

She watched and pouted a bit as he gaped at the tree.
"..I shot that first, you know..Warlock, Star Pact. Nameless horrors from beyond time, Lovecraftian stylings, and tentacles. Which I suppose will be useful if I ever get too lonely."

She smiled again.
"But that probably won't happen, with so many people here. And we're not NPCs...you can talk to us like people."

She looked over the group of people that had milled about without saying much.
"At least, I'm not..."

michael visibly blushed, though only slightly
"That works.....very very well" Michael's face was split by a michivious grin.
so you can blow things up with magic ey? can you make landmines too? you know, stuff that we know about that wouldn't occur to the bad guys, or even better, can if i got a rag andf some flammable liquid, could you light the rag for me? i dont have a lighter" Michael's way of talking was often stream of conciousness, where everything he thought he said, with very littlem internal censorship.

Michael held his Glaive by his side, his free hand tapping along to a remembered tune.

Vagre walked up behind Michel and banged the big-guy on the shoulder. “Seeing that I'm the traps guy, landmines are my department. Though a little magic won't go amiss in them either.” He guessed this meant they where all sticking together. “I vote we get to a town as quickly as possible. There we'll run into something or something will run into the town we can fight.” He paused. “You!” he said looking at the leader. “You made this Roleplay, so what is my combat role? I'm sorry, my DnD nerd friend helped me make this character.”

"Yeah, I can blow things up with magic, but my current power loadout doesn't really have any fire on it. Mostly just mind-melting secrets channeled into coherent blasts and the deadly light of forgotten stars. "

She smiled back at micheal. Things were going to be great, she could just tell..

"So if you handed me an alcohol-soaked rag in a bottle full of flammable stuff, I could break the bottle's mind. My general role is twofold: dealing massive damage from afar, and getting set up to do massive damage later."

Then Vandra speaking caught her attention.
"Trap guy..rogue, right?"

Roxelvi looks a little embarassed. "Yeah, I made this roleplay - though as soon as I posted the first page, I got launched into this world. Whoever's been posting for the last few days... hasn't been me. This isn't even the world I had imagined... and I wasn't originally going to be joining you as a character." He gestured around. "This is... something else entirely."

He sighed, walking forward still, despite if no one was following him. "...Also, my name is Roxelvi. Not 'You'. 'You' is a dumb name." He said sarcastically, shrugging sightly. "...Also, I'm not sure if it helps everyone, but when I got here, I found a piece of paper with my character sheet on it in my front pocket." He reached in said pocket, pulling out a neatly-folded piece of paper. "...Also, it seems to be magical. I tripped and hit a rock about a day ago, and it altered my hit point total on the sheet."

Party receives 'Character Sheets'! These handy items will allow you to keep track of powers and equipment, as well as keep tabs on your health and the health of your party's! Written in an abyssal black ink on the back is the phrase, 'Welcome to Lethal Reword'.

As Roxelvi drew the character sheet from his pocket Michael stabbed the tip of his glaive into the ground and searched his own pockets, narrating his search to himself, his face contorting into an intense look of confused concentration
"shrapnel, nope.....i know its in here somewhere.....aha!, here it is!" he spoke initially in a mumble that grew eventually into a proud exclaimation.

He unfolded the
"Right, lets see what we've got here.....stats are....huh, strength and health are good, seems im average at everything else....SWEET! i speak another language! Draconic, i forgot about that! lets se what else i can do....hmm Health is 32....well thats better than what i nomally got in Baldurs Gate....anyway, this pretty much says im the fighty guy!" Michael folded the peice of paper and put it back in a pocket of his cargo pants before starting to follow Roxelvi, Despte himself Michael started to sing the Russian Folk Song 'Katyusha', though the language he spoke sounded much more like the bass gravelly and strangely noble sounding language of the Dragons and their ilk.

“Yes I am a rogue. So that means I'm also the pickpocket and lock pick guy. And by extension the getting everyone in trouble when I get caught guy.” Vagre said with a small smile at Katrina. “You would be surprised how many plot points are locked in chests these days. I'm Vagre by the way.” He looked at Roxelvi, “If you've been here then someone has gotten into your forum account. Wonder if the buggers gotten into mine too.” He looked away to the side baring his teeth.

He began looking for his character sheet and found it in a pocket behind a brace of shurikens. “Well these should come in handy, wonder if they're enchanted in any way. Mo it just says 'shurikens' then a bunch of stats...” he continued to ramble about his inventory and skills “Wow I really have some asshole moves, that sounds devastating.”....... “I need to get to level 21...”

Eventually he stopped looking at his sheet and folded it back up slipping it back inside the hidden pocket.

[size=-1]
Reaching into his pocket, Nerusai extracted a small slip of paper neatly folded to fit, staring at it with a look of awe and fear.

Nerusai unfolded the character sheet with slight hesitation, biting his lower lip gently as he steeled himself to unfold the last portion and look at it. The paper in his hands felt unnaturally smooth and as he lifted his fingers to part the final sections of paper, he marveled in how the ink seemed both still wet and yet permanent.

With a slightly trembling grip, he finally held the unfolded full sheet of paper that was himself upon it. His eyes scanned it slowly from top to bottom. On his lips first, he spoke softly his own name.

"Nerusai Ruska..." he traced his fingers over it before continuing down the paper. "Male, human... wizard. I'm... chaotic neutral? I suppose... Not strong, nor agile, I suppose... twenty-three hit points though." Nerusai paused in his running commentary, a soft mumbling under his breath as he ran his fingers down the quarterstaff absentmindedly. He flicked down to his spells, smiling briefly before continuing to his skills. He closed his eyes grumpily.

"Religion?" he muttered, folding the paper in his hands again. "Not a chance."

[/size]​

He listened to what the young woman's explanation, and it seemed like a very outrageous explanation, but how else would it explain his skin colouration. It would also explain the clothing he was wearing, the pack that was laying next to the spot he had been laying, and the large greatsword. He then listened to the guy, whose body seemed to be constantly shifting. He agreed that there was a possibility the that plane would lead them to a town, but it could also lead them to a crash site.

He listened silently as the group conversed, taking in everything. He would have to make the best of the situation. This was like a new life to him, and there was no way for sure if he could get back to his old life in the real world. But what was the real world, for all he knew this could be the real world.

He shook his head, to clear his thoughts. All this thinking was making his head hurt. He observed what the group was doing now. He had noticed that the ranger had joined their group. The ranger appeared to be elvish and was carrying a sword. He turned his attention back to the group, observing the the shifter and a guy with what appeared to be a spell book. He must have been a mage. He watched as they conversed, carefully observing their actions. He watched the mage flipped through the book and prepared to cast a spell. When the mage cast the spell, he watched it fly at the tree and impacted it. He watched it covered the target in a green liquid, which melted the tree. The spell was quite impressive.

The sudden appearance of a newcomer startled him and he instinctively, without thought, grabbed the handle of his greatsword, ready to draw it if needed. He realized it was just another person who had just joined the roleplay, and released the handle of his weapon and relaxed. He watched as the newcomer, Michael Petrenko, introduced himself and remark about what had just happened. He was rather amused by the way Michael was scampering around, like a child on Christmas day.

“A character sheet...” he mumbled to himself. He patted his pockets looking for such a paper. He had remembered making a character sheet in the thread. He pulled out a neatly folded sheet and examined it. Everything he had entered in on the computer was on this sheet, right down to his appearance.

“Looks like anything is in order.” He mumbled again, tucking the sheet away into his inside pocket. He turned and looked at the shifting man named Roxelvi. “I forgot to introduce myself.”

“My name is Ronen. I'll be your Avenger for this roleplay.” He bowed slightly, “Just point at the target, and they won't get away! I'll do my best, since this is my first time being an Avenger. I'm ready to get on the show and see where that plane has gone!”

He suddenly realized a drawback, "I'm a godless Avenger..."

A moment after all of them had their sheet out did a breeze blow by, ripping the sheets from their hands - those that did not have their sheet out have it mysteriously snatched from their pockets... the sheets space themselves out even distances from each other, twirling like a tornado around the party... dust picked up from the ground made it impossible to see, and those around the outside rims of the party are sucked into it...

...Then, it stops. The character sheets fold themselves up nicely once more, fluttering back into everyone's pockets. In front of them... is a village. The airplane seen earlier loudly splashes down into the great ocean nearby, causing many loud screams of observers on land. The city is filled with well-structured wooden houses, with pathways of wood connecting them and going out slightly into sea - a dock-village. The smells of ocean and fish waft into the air as, in the distance, boats could be seen speeding towards the aircraft in what was probably attempts to rescue those within.

Roelvi blinked, looking around. His hair stood on end - quite literally. The silver strands of hair had taken on the appearance of a being ruffling itself up for battle, gripping his spear and shield in wide-eyed alertness. It took him a while to get off this awareness-high, and he stood - though still tense.

"...That was one of the most terrifying traveling experiences I've had in my entire life. Those sheets are dangerous..." He looks over at the village. "...And this world is screwy. I wonder what's going on...?"

Then, a second cry of panic goes out through the village: "Adventurers! Demihumans, too!" Within seconds, a group of armed militia comes out, pointing spears at the party. "W-what do you want? Can't you see we have enough problems? W-we d-don't want your plot here!"

"and i want to eat some fried chicken doesnt mean im going to get it" Michael retorted, his eyes fixed on the man
"but in all honesty and seriousness, why does everyone have to be antagonistic racists? haven't you guys heard of tolerence, decency and all that other lovely moral stuff? besides which, all we want is to go to the tavern, have a few beers, or in my case as much beer i can buy and drink, and then go to sleep, i dont really want any plot nastiness as much as you...okay, maybe i want it a bit more than you guys, but not by much" the whole time Michael spoke evenly his tone sincere and his weapon held in a relaxed position by his side.

"besides which, we're not exactly world reknowned troublemakers, just a bunch of men and women walking around the place, i mean i dont know about you, but thats hardly an adventure, most of this stuff we have is the 'in case we need it' gear rather than 'here's stuff we're going to use everyday' gear, would you walk around the wilderness back there without something to defend yourself with?
whats more,if you have problems, why dont you let us see if we can make them better, make your lives a little easier in that regard, surely sending us to do your dirty work is better than doing it yourselves is it not?" at last michael finished talking, having realized that he was starting to waffle on a bit.

The guards hesitate, and mumble among themselves for a moment. Finally, they hold their spears to their sides, looking at them. "...Alright. We're with you on that one. S'long as you don't do anything... plot-worthy in our town. We don't want to be important." The guard shakes his head. "It's not us being antagonistic, or racist... the demihumans of this region are at war with us humans. Even the elves have risen up with them against our King. I've no idea what the world's coming to..."

"Anyway, I don't want to keep you. What with the plane-crash, we wouldn't want to have to deal with a bunch of adventurers, anyway..." He turns to the others. "C'mon, boys. Let's lend a hand down there." With that, the guards march off.

Roxelvi nodded and smiled despite himself. "Not bad, Micheal. A bit wordy for my tastes, but not bad." He gazes around. "...Looks like they're all busy with the crash. Wonder why it went down...?" He shrugged, "Guess we better head to the bar. Doesn't look like we want to appear to have lied to them..." He shook his head. "...I'd have tried something, but... what the guard said stuck me as... odd. 'We don't want your plot around here'. 'We don't want to be important'..." He looks towards the rest of them. "...Is it just me, or do they sound... too self-aware?"

"dude, d'you reckon we coulduse those powers to get free booze?" Michael turned to the others exitedly
"oh, and that was fuckign awesome, for a second there i though that was going to go horribly wrong and we'd all end up in jail....hoping not to drop the soap if you catch my drift, anyway, to the pub! its time to get pissed or get told something interesting!" Michael grinned before setting off towards the bar

Vay gazed abound, “Well that is just creepy, they know about plot, and know that they're in one." he looked around, "And how did we get here in the first place? Paper that not only updates itself but transports you too, well that is just it.” he pulled out his sheet and threw it too the wind, “I'm done with this, I wanted to be sitting at work and typing, now trudging about lalaland.” he stormed off punching a tree with his fist not caring what the others did, “What the hell is going on here?” he sat down facing away from both the village and the others, “I hope my cats ok.” he said softly, my shitface brother had better feed her.”

EDITED FOR WMD'S POST

"Crap, so the plot can forcibly move us if we take too long..." It was a bit of a shock when the guards mentioned the plot. But, Kat thought, they were already too late. It had beaten them over the head with a crashed airplane, and there was no turning back. Not for any of them.

As Micheal turned to head for the bar, Kat spoke up. "Um, guys, is it just me, or are you forgetting the plane?"

"Certainly not, but..." He spoke to Kat, looking out at the rescue attempts. "...What could we do? We've no boat, and the townsfolk seem to have it under control. Though I'd like to know what made it crash in the first place..." He rubbed the back of his head. "...And while the... way we got here made my stomach turned, the least we can do is help where we can..."

He seemed nervous about something, though. "...Though from what they said, would be really be in the right for helping them?" His ears turned into the fox-ears once more, pulling themselves backward. "They said that the kingdom's been under attack from the monsters... and the elves have joined the monsters against the human kingdom. I'm curious to know why."

He looks to Vay, trying to think of a way to comfort him. "He'll be fine." He thinks, before hefting his spear to a safe position as he ran towards the docks, intent on aiding the villagers - or at least learning what was going on here.

[size=-1]
Nerusai tagged closely behind Roxelvi, his wide eyes fixed on he glittering hair and he seemed prepared to follow him to the ends of this world. Perhaps. Petting his quarterstaff still, he glanced at the town, his voice giving a small tremor as he spoke up.

"As long as we need not stay too long, I am not sure we could fight off a militia yet, not even all together. Still, I'm curious as well," he paused, watching the man who seemed to stormof, his voice gaining a placating, nearly feminine quality. "Everything will be all right. Besides, this is an alternate... place? We're not even sure if time will pass here. I mean, time passes here but maybe it's suspended from where we came from...?" he trailed off, looking down at his feet with a blush. He had gone off on a complex train of thought, lost his meaning...
[/size]

Kat ran after the two prettyboys, calling out to the others after her. "Hey, come on!"

"mm, let's not focus on home for now, shall we? That promises to be a depressing topic. For now, let's focus on the plane that is presumably full of people and not zoo monsters or something and the political situation at hand. Elves are usually put in the ranks of the good races, and the "monster" races aren't. Even though that is kinda racist, that's how it works. For it to suddenly change, something strange must be going on in the neighborhood, and I think that we got called."

She took a breath.
"Also I have hella endurace. Awesome."