Lethal Reword 2: Broken World

Frost startled, looking around a bit for the source of the voice. She pulled the hood down further over her face. "...Why does it matter? I'm not going too far from town." Obviously alert, she didn't know what could talk would being seen, or would want to sneak up on her, but everything her imagination came up with was bad. "...I'm not going too far from the gates." She states, as if to warn against attacking her. Not that the little sorceress didn't have some tricks, but still.

"Would ya mind some company. It gets lonely doing the work of the gods, especially when you can't talk to them directly, the way the temple-folk do." Noise, not wanting to startle the lady any more, lowers his camoflage, revealing a small lizardfolk, of the poison dusk breed, with a normal pattern on his scales, but with some platinum scales strewn about in random spots.

Angela stopped by the Inn. She had some free time, so she might as well go meet up with that guy from earlier..

She found Lothar at the bar, looking rather glum. And suspisciously drink-less. She mentioned the gold, and offered for him to come with them. Angela decided to give him some time to mull it over and told him to meet her (and maybe frost) outside the city gates. After that, she started walking towards the gate, hands folded behind her head. She wondered what Frost would be up to..they were the first two members of this impromptu group, so she figured they might as well know each other.

Frost looks at the creature for a while, blinking. "...Ah. Lizardfolk." She looks around for a moment, before lowering her own hood. Her face was human, though from this distance, her pure white flesh sparkled - made up of tons of smaller scales. Larger scales upon her cheek, neck, and along one eyebrow made her seem like those were the only scales she had. "Wouldn't mind company, actually." She sits herself down on the grass. "...I'm just glad you're not human. I'm not fond of them..."

She looks up at the smallish lizardfolk, her being quite small herself. "You're the religious type, then? I can understand you stealthing around - this town back there'd be likely to pump you full of crossbow bolts than say hello. Just seems like odd behavior." She thinks on it a moment, and frowns - pushing the glasses back to her face with a finger. "Not that I'm one to talk."

Religious? No, not perticularly. Just a favored one of the mighty Bahamut." Looking a bit closer, Noise noticed sparkling scales. "Your scales look nice. You descended from a silver dragon? My former lord was a silver dragon. He's the one who sent me on my quest for lord Bahamut. By the way, I'm Noise. What's your name."

She chuckles a bit sarcastically, "Silver. I should only be so lucky." She sighs, putting one hand on her cheek. "Lucky to have met an actual dragon. My home village was run by them, but I never got to see them..." She glances at him, "Lossu, to the north, if you're wondering... but no, sadly, my heritage isn't to the honorable silvers. It'd be easier for me to deal with people if I were, I'll bet. Be a lot taller, too."

She leans back, stretching her legs out and shrugs. "I'm fond of Astilabor, myself... her lady Hoardmistress. Not like that nasty... erm, 'Sister of Bahamut'," she glances around, fearful of the name 'Tiamat'. "But no... Instead, I get cruel looks without my hood. I get picked on, shunned, beaten, and mistrusted... heck, most of the time people assume I'm stupid too." She scowls in an extraordinarily attractive fashion out into the distance, though the expression softens, and she smiles. "...Excuse my ranting. I'm White-blooded. My name is Frost... pleased to meet you."

Kunxaar left the hall, bowed at frost's words began wondering the town, while there was no guarantee of a fight tomorrow it was a distinct possibility and he would like to think. It was something he did whenever there was the possibility of violence. He payed no attention to where he was going but found himself outside the inn just as Angela was leaving.

"Excuse me...." he moved to catch up to her. "I was wondering... these lizardfolk, the story goes that they attacked the town and killed everyone, including those had not vexed them. Do you think its possible someone else directed the attack." he was bouncing the idea off of her as a test, his real question would come later."

Upon hearing that she was not silver-descended, his heart sank a bit. "Oh...So you must be white-descended..." Noise reached out his hand and touched Frost's hand gently. Though she seemed a little shocked, or even afraid, she did not seem to be affected by the Golden Ice that his touch inflicted upon the evil. Withdrawing his hand, he smiled. "Well, lord Bahamut hasn't sent down the Golden Ice on you, so you can't be bad. Maybe if you follow my lord, he will see fit to grant you a rebirth as one of his dragonborn?" Noise said, trying to cheer up the sad looking dragonblood.

She shakes her head. "No, Bahamut's rule, while beneficial, isn't for me. Astilabor's freedom strikes a chord in my heart, and her rules of conduct I can agree with. The shine of gold, the sparkle of silver and gems... are all wonderful things to have... though only through honorable means... no lying or cheating towards riches, like... Bahamut's sister." She shivers a bit.

She sighs, shaking her head. "...I didn't grow up among dragons, or anything special. My mother was an orc, my father a human... we were poor, but we were happy. They had no reason to raise me, but they did. If I could only get enough money, I could repay them... and gather the respect that comes with it." She nods, smiling at him, "But I guess you wouldn't understand that, would you...?" Good-natured about it - not making fun of him or being mean.

"Hm?" Angela stopped and turned to look at Kunxaar.
"It's a possibility. We don't have much to run on at this point. As far as we know this is the town of osell's fault. My money's on an internal split in the lizardfolk, though."

Chuckling a bit, Noise smiled again. "Actually, I know what it's like to repay those that have helped you. In fact, that's why I don't have very much myself. Other than what you see on me right now, I give everything away to those in need. It's one of the tasks assigned to me by my lord Bahamut." Upo saying this, Nosie gave a yawn. "Ugh, I'm getting a bit sleepy. Been walking all day." It was easy to tell that Noise was getting tired, even without his saying so. He was starting to tetter back and forth, and had to steady himself every once in a while.

Kunxaar nodded, he hadn't though of a division amongst the lizzardfolk. "In that case we must be very careful because it will be difficult to tell who is on whose side. I Believe it would be a mistake to assume the group who led the attack is in the wrong. Like you said we know too little, I don't like it." he walked next to her hands held behind his back. He looked at the road in front of him for a second then turned his head to study his companion. "Our Frost has a fiery temperament, she is driven and despite her knowledge of tactics people those driver are often rash and this is primarily a diplomatic mission." he let the words hang I the air, his tome had been analytical and he did not mean to any insult, he had simply stated his view.

"Are you, now...?" She shrugs towards his sleepiness, looking at the sunset. "Well, don't let me keep you here. I'm just going to sit here for a while watching the sun go down. Probably practice my spellwork a bit before going to bed. Definitely not back in that town. The innkeepers always gouge the prices, and sometimes they even have the gall to charge for breakfast." She scowls attractively. "...Also, I only have a pocketful of gold left. I'm in no mood to spend it anytime soon. Once this little excursion with the swamp-lizardfolk is over with, then I should have a bit more gold..." She looks up at Noise. "Speaking of which... we're heading into the swamp for what'll either be a diplomatic mission or a extermination. If you've got no ties to them, care to come along...?" She shrugs. "I only say this 'cause... well, you don't look like a swamp lizardfolk."

Yawning again, Noise smiles. "Brothers that have been led astray? Sounds like a job for one of Bahamut's chosen. I shall join you and lend you my aid in negotiations. And as for ties, I am actually from the northlands, similar to yourself, if you're from the regions I suspect you are from." Noise yawns again and steadies himself once more. "When you are ready, I shall be in that tree over there. Just shake it a bit and I should wake right up. I'll be in camoflage, so I'll leave a mark on the base of the tree to make it easy to find in case you forget in you sleep. I myself often forget things in my sleep. Well, goodnight, Lady Frost." And with that, Nosie scrambled off to a tree by the side of the road, and after marking it's base with his claws, climbed into it's branches, changed his skin colorings, and fell fast asleep.

"I wouldn't say that about Frost yet. I don't know her that well, and was in fact just going to go sit with her outside town. You also have to remember that she's uncomfortable around large numbers of humans-not something we'll likely see in Osell."

[size=-2]
Alexius yawned and turned over in his bed. He realized he had slept late into the day, but justified himself in that he had arrived at a very early hour this morning. He turned, expecting a larger bed, and promptly fell to the floor. With a groan, the slender young man took to his feet and stretched, wishing he had a change of clothes.

Unfortunately, Alexius did not have time to dally around here. With a cursory glance around the room, he slipped outside, looking at the townspeople. There was no faire here, it was much farther to the west, but perhaps he would still be able to get these people to play a... game. Setting out on a cobbled corner, Alexius got out the pieces for a game called Runes and Ravens. He grinned to passersby who looked interested. Looking around for guards, he beckoned the people closer.

"Want to play a game?"
[/size]​

"Then I pitty the human who tries to join us." the Xeph said thoughtfully. "Would you mind if I joined you. I would like to get to know you better before we head over to the village. And I don't think I would be comfortable in the in tonight, this town is gripped with xenophobia, even if they do tolerate us."

Rhidel, not liking the prospect of disarming himself, had elected to stay outside with the weapons. When Frost had announced that she was heading out, he followed at a respectful distance. He was, after all, his employer, and he was already prepared for a journey. A tent would be nice - he usually was supplied one by the caravan master when terrain dictated - but not necessary. Besides which, he could always get one quickly at the carravanserai outside the gates at only slightly inflated prices.

He watched the interaction between Frost and the lizardfolk as it happened, his hand creaking the leather grip of his Khukri - he really was not fond of that particular race at the moment - but since the lizard didn't make any hostile moves, he didn't act on his anger.

He moved to intercept Frost once she and the lizard had parted ways. "I trust the meeting was productive, Frost?" He paused. "If you don't mind...it isn't true that the large ones aren't picked on. People just trust that we're too stupid to understand the jibes."

Frost looks waaay up at him from her sitting position on the ground. "...Yeah, I think it went... well. Strange creature... didn't wear a holy symbol and went on and on about the gods..." She shrugs, looking off at the setting sun, tucking her legs under herself... thinking for a few moments.

"...Humans are horrible people." She states suddenly. "Always stereotypes until they get to know you, and even then... I once met a half-elf, you know. He had the worst physical qualities of both human and elf. The other kids made fun of him - he took his own life, and the only mourners were the other half-breeds or non-humans. It was... really sick." She shakes her head. "I'm assumed to be stupid, too - because white dragons are the least intelligent of the dragons."

"Despite the fact that even the stupidest of dragons could think circles around most humans. Bah." He dropped his pack and sword next to him, then let himself drop to the ground, laying on his back. "My kind...we have it easier, in a way, I suppose. We're respected and feared, and sometimes outright hated, because we were created by a wizard to be footsoldiers a few thousand years ago. Or at least that's what the stories say."

He sighed, and then, as much to fill the ensuing silence as anything, "...where are you from?"