Let the Stars Fall Down OOC

Are you making a female or a male? Appearance-wise, of course.

• MAN MODU ENGAGED

Votes: 7 43.8%
  • Watashi wa kawaii idoru shoujo desuuuuuuuu

Votes: 9 56.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dammit R-9. You have an amazing talent for being offline whenever I'm online, and vice versa. XD

And, as I stated in the first post, I don't physics much, so my rationale in this is basically...with no gravity, the amount of thrusters is enough that mobility can be fixed up. With gravity, everything's too heavy for the amount of thrusters to make up for it.

Let's just chalk this up as the fantasy-portion, eh? I'm trying to give all the mecha Types some sort of weakness here.

Wonder who would have the first Type-Emergent though...

And, as I stated in the first post, I don't physics much, so my rationale in this is basically...with no gravity, the amount of thrusters is enough that mobility can be fixed up. With gravity, everything's too heavy for the amount of thrusters to make up for it.
I love physics personally, and even more so when you include fantasy, since almost nothing changes except how it is applied.

Well, Velocity is equal to Mass times Acceleration, thus you are correct in that the more you add on, the less mobile something would be.

Actually it's distance traveled over time.

What an old-looking 19 year old. I feel sorry for his mid-life crisis.
He only looks 19, you said on the age thing grumble grumble enough with the grumble already. I'm expecting life-extension treatments to be at least present, right?

It's probably for granted, but if he's going to be described as smart and stuff, I expect him to MAKE smart decisions. Well, either that, or I want to see him have panic attacks from successive strategic failures.
He's a physicist, not a strategist. If he tries strategy, it'll take him more than a few shots to get it right, especially given that he's never really had to fight anyone before his freelancing.
Also, I'll have to invest in ear plugs to counter his constant arguments. XD
...Yeah. Sensible.
>natural aptitude to race's power
Powers are manifested via exposure to Ley radiation. Through reproduction, kids can get powers without exposure to said radiation, but the powers that are manifested are pretty damn random. So no, their race wouldn't have any sort of 'race-specific' power.
Oh, okay. I figured that there'd be at least some deciding factors in manifestation, but random is fair. I'll fix that.
Can you use plain speech to explain his power? Sounds like a massive hardcounter to a lot of things, really. Like...enemy has impenetrable defenses? Dark matter it~
Transferring dark matter to baryonic matter isn't really as broken as it sounds. Impregnable defences will still be impregnable because the matter is tangible now. Obviously, since there's no signal involved either, you can only really do it with things that conduct bioenergy, such as the metal stick. Think of it as a making-stuff power that you can't use in the same general area much or else it just doesn't work because you just used up all the dark matter and it's just a giant troll like that because you can't see how much you're using.
Seeing how he's Loki, I'm pretty sure you can just find drawn pics of him on the Internet. Feel free to draw him if you're bored though.
He's not Loki, I just found pictures that happened to be Loki! Auric and Loki look different how did you even get Loki from that description
That world was fun to read, and I always liked giant-ass monster-predators. Good job.
*glowing right now*
The missiles...are they like rockets, and you just fire them out? Or are they hypersonic nightmares that actually follow targets around? Six thousand bullets is going to be a pain to keep track of, btw. XD
The missiles do have a targeting system... It's just on the mech. They take advantage of the fact they're hypersonic to assume they'll get there before a pilot moves (so AI-controlled evasion safety is kind of a bitch to them). That means that the explosive radius of the rockets isn't exactly nuclear on the basis that the user is going to be pretty close when the blow.

As for the machine gun... Arbitrary numbers and a calculator!
Go into detail about the whole time alteration thing, please. More specifically...what can he do with it, and how much energy/stamina/whatever else does it use? Same with his uses for dark matter. Because both time manipulation and dark matter shenanigans sounds stealth-OP to an uneducated pleb like myself.
*wiki mode on*
The first thing to note about time alteration is that it isn't travelling. You can't go back, you can't go forth. You certainly can't rewind it. If it stops, it won't restart. But that's not possible anyway: the entire universe isn't slowed, but instead the local time around the user is distorted and sped up. With combined efforts, it is possible for the users to create combined localised dilation of 800%, but alone, the limit is really 300%, and Auric has a personal limit of about 250% at his maximum concentration (i.e. not having to concentrate on a fight or something) without an adrenal kick up the backside to tell him to go faster.
There is also the minor issue of having to gently slide around the speed rate, because if you let it all go at once, your mind snaps out-of-place (metaphorically speaking) and you get what is basically the nastiest mix of decompression sickness and concussion symptoms you can think of.
TL;DR: All he can do is slow it down, and only by about half of what it's possible for him to do if he's in a fight, unless that isn't enough for him not to get utterly pummelled.

AMC is basically, as explained earlier, a "making stuff" power. The user can configure the properties as it comes through, but has about 11 nanoseconds to do that, so decide what you're making before you do it.
The limits are that if you get distracted, the results aren't very nice, and that there is a certain amount you can convert. Obviously, you'd be limited by material, but you can also only convert around 10kg in one go (not one moment, mind) and oly about 600kg without resting before you're compelled to walk off, brandishing middle fingers as you go.

Actually it's distance traveled over time.
What I was going for was that mass and shape both have a role in how much overall damage a projectile does, or how much stuff is needed to actually get something airborne to begin with, but I digress. I never said I am perfect except for how imperfect I am.

I'm kind of big on physics, being that I study it and all, but I'm perfectly happy to just shut things off and have fun, too. I mean, I'm doing this sort of thing to have a break from work/study. Anyway, in the end, space vehicle things probably will be pretty massy compared to their air or land-based counterparts for justifiable reasons and probably not exactly meant to operate in an atmosphere.

I might consider a type-Emergent, but that short time limit makes it pretty much impossible to be crazy and "main" one of the damn things.

@Random He only looks 19? And I just assumed that all your Loki gifs and pics meant that you intended to use Loki as a reference image to Auric. Because, traditionally, I have a habit of putting character images at the top of the CS, so...hue. And hey, Loki has the whole slick straight hair thing going on as well.

If there were deciding factors in the manifestation of powers, it would be too boring. Rich kids overcompensating for their lack of fabulous magical powers wouldn't be a thing and all~

To clarify, then, he can only turn dark matter into normal matter? Not the other way around? Fair enough then. Out of curiousity, how do you plan to handle the whole 'huehuehue no dark matter here anymore' thing?

In regards to the hypersonic missiles, just keep in mind that AI-supercomputers-linked-to-pilot's-brain = faster reaction speeds or whatnot. Add that to the fact that mechs themselves are also pretty fast, and I can imagine that hypersonic missiles CAN be dealt with. Just for plot reasons, because the speed-build meta for mechas need some buffs. XD

What you're saying with the time alteration, then, is that he can react to things that he normally can't, because the whole area is slowed down, so Auric has more time to perceive things?

And, just so we're clear...using a mech for combat and using a mech for travelling purposes are two different things. Just don't expect to be able to do mech-sized gun fu.

@R-9 Pilot In regards to a Type-Emergent, they're more of a back-up feature or whatever. It's just that I was wondering who would HAVE such a back-up feature first. XD

Alternatively, Type-Xceptionals. It'd be kewl if we had those weirdos as well.

These set of questions/answers should help with tons of stuff, so I'll put it OOCly rather than PMly.

1). What would you say would be the "normal" galactic technological levels, so I do not make anything super over-powered?
Normal galactic tech levels, in relation to the Galactic Empire, would be...Faster than Light travel, wormhole creation, reactors that create artificial suns, mechas that are so large that they can house planets, missiles that go into the past because sweg, humans who have become totally online...basically, everything is so God-like it's pretty much all in the realm of WTFmagic.

Normal galactic tech levels, in relation to the Malstraza Solar System would be...mechas are common enough to be used effectively for work. 3D printing is extremely common, and a lot of things are pretty much automated. Railguns and plasma weaponry are both top-tier. Nanobot technology exists, but they are incapable of replicating, and are extremely expensive to manufacture. Cyborgs exist. It's possible to save any life, as long as you have the proper facilities. Diseases are pretty much no problem at all. AIs are smart enough to be able to develop personalities.

They still can't bend space and time though, and the main problem is that they lack massive amounts of resources, compared to the Empire.

2). What am I limited to?
I would prefer if whatever you made/had wasn't super high-tech and stronk. Things are going to get destroyed, lost, stolen, sold, or whatever else in the RP, and it costs money to replace/repair them. Basically, I guess, the trade offs would be something like...

If you have a super unique, super powerful mech, prepare to be eating cup noodles for the next thirty years after paying for repairs for it.

Basically, I'd like to have a sense of 'levelling up', by using spare cash to upgrade your rides or weaponry, instead of 'levelling down', by having to get scrubbier replacements for missing parts on your battle-scarred mechs.

---

In relation to technology levels of your own planet, it'd be nice if they had some area that they neglected, because they dedicated all their attention into specializing in something else. Generally though...
No absolute control of time/space. As in, no warpgates or FTL, pls.
No 'perfect' immortality, either through cyborging or uploading your brain onto the web.
No giant walking-fortress cities/islands/continents.
No 'scientifically creating nothing from something' or stuff like that.

After that, everything's up to discussion.

@Random He only looks 19? And I just assumed that all your Loki gifs and pics meant that you intended to use Loki as a reference image to Auric. Because, traditionally, I have a habit of putting character images at the top of the CS, so...hue. And hey, Loki has the whole slick straight hair thing going on as well.
Yeah, but he needs to wash his. At least in the movies. And Auric looks 19, but assuming there are 365 days in a year like Earth (I expect there are more due to Goldilocks-zoning) he's almost two years older, even assuming that he is nineteen and doesn't look like that due to Nephalem prettiness or medical tech or something.
If there were deciding factors in the manifestation of powers, it would be too boring. Rich kids overcompensating for their lack of fabulous magical powers wouldn't be a thing and all~
Point well seen.
To clarify, then, he can only turn dark matter into normal matter? Not the other way around? Fair enough then.
He can do it the other way around... very slowly, if what he's converting is at rest and he can touch it without being murderfied. And he can't do that in a mech either. Oh, and don't expect it to come back to baryon-land intact either.
Out of curiousity, how do you plan to handle the whole 'huehuehue no dark matter here anymore' thing?
Move around a few feet until you find somewhere with some more. That's a big part of the reason that Achron is a Type-Ace to begin with.
In regards to the hypersonic missiles, just keep in mind that AI-supercomputers-linked-to-pilot's-brain = faster reaction speeds or whatnot. Add that to the fact that mechs themselves are also pretty fast, and I can imagine that hypersonic missiles CAN be dealt with. Just for plot reasons, because the speed-build meta for mechas need some buffs. XD
Wikipedia said:
In aerodynamics, a hypersonic speed is one that is highly supersonic. Since the 1970s, the term has generally been assumed to refer to speeds of Mach 5 and above.
If these things are fast enough to move faster than Mach 5, he's really going to need time dilation.
What you're saying with the time alteration, then, is that he can react to things that he normally can't, because the whole area is slowed down, so Auric has more time to perceive things?
More accurately, he's sped up.
He can move around a bit faster as well, but not hugely so, since resultant forces like air resistance are still a thing, so if he does go as fast as he can with time alteration, he'll probably get carpet burn just by moving and breaking every bone in his leg whenever he stubs a toe, so he tends to stay at normal speed unless he's going to absolutely die.
And he usually can't do that in a mech anyway, that's why Achron exists. (Although resultant forces are still a thing, so all Achron can even do is make the AI go faster.)
And, just so we're clear...using a mech for combat and using a mech for travelling purposes are two different things. Just don't expect to be able to do mech-sized gun fu.
Judging by my prediction, this is AMC-based attacks would probably go:
  1. Fast attack rate
  2. Long distance
  3. Doesn't deal massive damage to the user
You can have two at any given time.

Well, I did mention in the Index that the record for Type-Aces was Mach 6 or so. It's not massive hypersonic, but it's something. XD

So for his time stuff...

By himself, he can speed himself up, but all dat speediness would make him suffer, so he uses that generally more to allow more time to think?
In a mech, he is incapable of speeding the mech up, but the AI can also move faster?

How does his AMC interact when enhanced by Achron then? Does he convert faster? More things? More accurately? Oh yeah, don't know if I mentioned it anywhere, but can he convert at any distance, disregarding the lack of accuracy or how slow it'd be?

Well, I did mention in the Index that the record for Type-Aces was Mach 6 or so. It's not massive hypersonic, but it's something. XD
I'd just considered outrunning the missiles.
So for his time stuff...

By himself, he can speed himself up, but all dat speediness would make him suffer, so he uses that generally more to allow more time to think?
In a mech, he is incapable of speeding the mech up, but the AI can also move faster?
Correct, since the AI is linked in with the neural system and all.
How does his AMC interact when enhanced by Achron then? Does he convert faster? More things? More accurately?
It's mostly a case of the first two, but that means he need to move around quite a bit as he does it, or else we face a record-breaking speed of reaching the stage that is technically known as "bai bai daakumataa-chan".
Oh yeah, don't know if I mentioned it anywhere, but can he convert at any distance, disregarding the lack of accuracy or how slow it'd be?
NO.
He can only do it where his neural signals can travel to, like through Achron's systems, but definitely cannot do it at a distance. That would be the most OP and broken thing ever and would effectively OTK everyone ever.

Let's put it this way:
Auric: "I just summoned a block of plutonium inside your lungs. Have fun getting it out before you die."

Alright, he can only create blocks or whatever, right? No complex machinery out of thin air? And go put up your Character Sheet and Mecha Sheet into the Index.

Alright, he can only create blocks or whatever, right? No complex machinery out of thin air?
In theory, he could make anything, given enough time and material. In practice, there isn't generally that much material, time, or capability to focus. Plus, he has to make every individual bit, so if he were to attempt complex machinery, he'd fail miserably need to know exactly how to make it.
And go put up your Character Sheet and Mecha Sheet into the Index.

You asked for a type Xception? Here is a really bloody weird type Xception from the depths of alien space. Work In Progress, but posting for GM approval of mech and powers. Planet and civilization will come later, but you should be able to see what I am going for with this. Also note that I am willing to get rid of all weapons save for the cracker claws and use them as upgrades for the mech if it ends up being too powerful.

Character

Character Quote: "Why hunt for animals when you can learn how to fish?"

Name: Radsul Avirk

Race: Tyrant

Appearance:
AnimeGuy4-1-1.jpg

Unlike the picture, Radsul prefers to wear practical clothing that does not snag or get in the way. He is especially fond of tough pieces of clothing with many pockets, which put as much protection between himself and the environment as possible. He wears a simple, black backpack at nearly all times, but sometimes, he will arm himself to teeth with bags to get the supplies he needs. He usually chooses clothes which help him to blend into the environment.

Personality: A man who is as xenophobic as they come, Radsul is sure to view everyone with more than a healthy amount of paranoia when he first sees them, a trait that he inherited from his home planet. Fortunately for him, his penchant for discovering new, amusing things as well as the lure to a life of complete independence that does not rely on a tribe's help is usually enough incentive to overcome his nature. Though he is not the friendliest person on the planet, once he gets to know people a little better, he is a rather helpful man who likes to have fun, though not at the expense of others.

One of his strangest and perhaps most annoying habits is his rejection of comfort, for example, he prefers to remain standing at nearly all times, or when he is offered a bed, he instead sleeps on the floor. He also has a habit of conserving food and water, so he has to be constantly reminded that he is not at home anymore. A more positive habit of his is to stay silent while someone is ranting at him rapidly, as well as the rigorous safety or security checks that he makes. He is also very quick to stir to suspicious noises from sleep, which makes him an excellent night guard.

Biography:
1) Born in one of the smaller, less significant tribes of around four hundred people.
2) Passed his rite of passage at seventeen, which is on the younger side. This earned him some recognition in the tribe.
3.) Got in trouble with one of the tribe leaders at eighteen and was sent to another tribe as an exchange. There, he had to pass the rites again.
4.) Became an Outsider at twenty because of constant conflicts with the leader of the tribe and started his journey for independence. He also became fond of gambling and competition.
5.) Won a mech and a ticket to one of the spaceships as a result of a gamble. He took this opportunity to travel to another planet then start a life as a freelancer.

Job: Outsider. A difficult, dangerous, but often disrespected job that involves helping out wherever one is able, often moving from tribe to tribe without any assistance. Lethality rates are quite high amongst those who take upon this career and one is only considered a fully-fledged outsider if they had survived at least four years.

Skills: Survivalist: Radsul learned how to survive in the forests, oceans and jungles of Entomon and while a lot of his knowledge is useless on other planets, he still knows how to conserve his resources as well as what to do when confronted by unknown predators or entities. He has a knack for avoiding or deflecting dangerous situations involving wildlife, not to mention his many methods of testing whether a native species is edible to humans or not. Expect him to be cautious around unknown food and properly paranoid in unknown areas filled with wildlife.

Improvisation: If there is anything that Radsul is good at, it is making things up on the fly and reacting to the situation incredibly quickly, even if it is not in the most efficient or best way. He has learned the practice of making the most of moments of quick inspiration. Furthermore, he is does not hesitate to use whatever is available to him to get out of a sticky situation.

Talents: Flexibility: While his athletic coordination leaves much to be desired, Radsul is more flexible than your ordinary person. His range of movement is wider than that of a normal human, not to mention that his joints do not injure as easily.

Power: Domination: The natural consequence of bonding with a seeker is the ability to telepathically communicate with other human beings. Further training along with some cybernetic adjustments allow Radsul to dominating the minds of lesser creatures provided that those creatures are made receptive to telepathic suggestions through augmentation.

Equipment: Gearpillar core: A light armour that defends against some hand-held firearms and is designed to connect to the special interface of gearpillars, marking any bug as a particular machine's main control unit. The machine of choice depends on the blueprint stored within the suit, which in this case, is Locust.

Theme Song:
Character:
Mecha:
Awesome Action:
Despair:

Mecha

Type: Xception

Size: 5 metres (16 feet) individually, 13 metres (42 feet) assembled

Weight: Light/Very heavy

Appearance: http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2011/356/a/d/centipede_by_deckardx08-d4jw94p.jpg

The mech is composed of the creatures depicted above, which have been genetically modified and heavily augmented with mechanical parts. Because of their role as a building block of machines, they have been named gearpillars by the native populace.

Weaponry: Cracker claws: A mechanical augmentation of the gearpillar's limbs, these artificial legs have incredible strength and sharpness that makes them a deadly point-blank weapon able to cut through most types of armour, then crush whatever is underneath it. These weapons require little to no maintenance as they are quite sturdy, not to mention self-sharpening.

Charged rail: Each gearpillar carries one of these devastating weapons that allows them to launch another one of their kind into the enemy at high speed, causing heavy damage. The gearpillar that impacts automatically latches onto the target, but it can not act for a couple of seconds due to system shock. Alternatively, it can discharge a massive amount of electricity through specially created channels, which then burns through armour and can potentially disable the target by short-circuiting critical parts. Needless to say, this attack is fatal to any human who is not wearing protection.

Fibre launcher: Gearpillars naturally produce a sticky, tough substance similar to spider-silk which has been turned into a weapon through a mechanical launcher integrated directly into the gland responsible for the production of this substance. This mechanism allows the bugs to launch ball-sized projectiles at a rate of about two projectiles a minute, which stick to the target and can lock up joints, blind sensors or in sufficient quantities, disable enemies. The projectiles can be burned or torn off.

Scrambler: A complex and easily damaged mechanism that is located on the belly of gearpillars, this machine enhances and distorts the subtle sound that their legs make, turning it into a horrible, ear-grating racket. The noise that results makes it incredibly difficult for humans to focus with prolonged exposure resulting in loss of consciousness. The only drawback to it is its short range of a few metres.

Special Features: Instead of being composed of a single entity, Locust is made up of twenty-one independent sections made from gearpillars, which work in sync with each other according to Radsul's commands. Should the situation call for it, the independent units can assemble into a humanoid construct that is about thirteen metres tall (42 feet) for the sake of engaging in ranged combat using external weapons, or turn into a greater version of the base form for a devastating advantage in close combat.

The unique construction of the machines that make up the mech allows them travel to any and all surfaces, not to mention that it gives them a frightening regenerative ability that can recover even seemingly fatal injuries within a matter of hours. The only method to destroy Locust is to destroy the pilot, thereby causing it to lose cohesion or to completely roast it from the inside out.

~~~

Stats (Describe as High, Medium, or Low)
Armor Strength: High
Shielding Strength: N/A
Horizontal Speed: High
Vertical Speed: Low
Energy Efficiency: Medium
Intelligence: Low

Planet
Name: Entomon

Hours in the Day: 37

Basic Description of Environment: Entomon has an atmosphere that is hostile to ordinary humans and most of its surface is covered in huge, continent-spanning forests. Especially prominent is the gigantic jungle present around the equatorial regions which reaches even into the ocean to satisfy its need for water. The planet is also peppered with mountain-ranges, dry deserts and frozen tundras, but there are very little plains in general. Trees seem to be the main type of flora that spread through the many, scattered continents

The rich forests are home to an even richer, incredibly diverse life including a very large, dominant predator that strongly resembles a centipede from Earth, not to mention many other lethally dangerous species found by initial exploration parties. More careful examination of the planet revealed that it has rich deposits of heavy industry metals, not to mention easily accessible, huge pockets of hydrogen that is necessary for fusion reactors, which lead to its colonisation and rapid development.

Just as the forests are filled with life, so are the seas, but unfortunate, most forms of sea-life are either dangerous or poisonous to regular humans. Armoured fish are especially common and while there are no especially large animals recorded, it is not unheard of for foreigner vessels to sink because an assortment of shells busted their hull open. The only thing that is not deadly or dangerous or its planet seems to be its lack of a moon.

Basic Description of Civilization: Because of its harsh conditions and hostile wildlife, the population of Entomon is very sparse, hovering around the tens of thousands at most, but it is very concentrated. People organise themselves into strong, mobile tribes that never stay in one place for too long, opting for a nomadic lifestyle that exploits whatever their current surroundings have to offer. There are only a very few actual settlements on the surface, mostly around the mines and the cities that have been established by the first initial expedition before the Galactic Empire pulled out of the system. The communities are tightly knit together and very xenophobic when it comes to people from other planets, but are welcoming of their own kin.

Despite the scattered nature of the people, they are very advanced when it comes to genetic manipulation, biology, cybernetic implants and recycling. They have turned many native life-forms into useful tools for their own purposes, culminating in the gearpillars and seekers, their two most versatile tools. However, they have little to absolutely no heavy industry, not to mention that their information technology has plummeted back to pre-internet ages. Their fusion power plants have long stopped working because of the lack of parts, forcing them to consider alternate sources of energy, which resulted in electricity only being used in military machines or by important leader figures.

They are also lacking in spacecraft, with only a few in their possession that have been in service for decades. New ships only get added to their fleet if their soldiers manage to capture a foreign vessel, then they figure out how to operate it. Because of this, they get off their planet incredibly rarely and it is considered to be a great honour to be a part of a starship's crew.

Style of Government: Tribal alliance

Dominant Race:
Tyrant

Race
Name: Tyrant

Appearance: They appear as normal humans save for the symbiotic life-form attached to their chest. Called seekers by the natives, these creatures are usually located at the centre of the collarbone. They look like white spinal cords reaching to down to the middle of the stomach and they are connected to the shoulder blades with visible 'roots' that branch into elaborate patterns that depend on the individual. The roots reach back to the base of the spine where they unite and they lead to the back of the skull.

Culture: The culture is dominated by a strong community spirit that also places a great emphasis on an individual's skills, especially their survival. Particularly important is the rite of passage into adulthood: when children become old enough, they have to bond with a seeker, then learn how to control a gearpillar. While this rite of passage is not exceptionally difficult, it is considered to be the culmination of the individual as well as the start of an adult life.

Last edited:
Alright....

For the power, Ley does not develop powers. It manifests new ones, randomly. That's why there's pretty much no effect at all through extreme exposure to Ley radiation.

Mind Control only from skin-to-skin contact is also a no. The tradition of a handshake still exists in this solar system, after all. Unless this particular race has very little skin. And even then, it's really questionable.

Heck, if a whole RACE had the ability to mind control, I'd imagine that every other world would do their very best to kill them all, out of fear of becoming mindless slaves.

If the 21 gearpillars (each of them 5m) fuse to become a 13m mech, should I assume that it's very wide?

For Cracker Claws...no, it won't be able to cut through nearly any armor. I mean, if you get 100% armor penetration on each individual gearpillar, that's sorta monstrous.

For Charged Rail, just note that electricity damage will be mitigated if they have a reasonably decent shielding system.

For Fibre Launchers, can they be torn off or whatever? Melted away? Basically, what are the counter measures to them?

>turn into greater version...
What do you mean by that? Do they grow? If so, what's stopping them from turning into a greater version AND combining into a bigger mech?

Do they have shielding systems at all? I know that you put 'Low', but it's alright to put 'N/A' if they don't actually have that.

Also...won't something like squashing them flat or roasting them into a blackened husk or tossing them into space or dicing them into little bits or freezing them solid be enough to kill them? Or can they literally survive any type of overkill?

By the way, the gearpillars can't fly or go into space, right? It's strictly land-based swarming?

Ande, blah blah blah, Index it like the others.

For the power, Ley does not develop powers. It manifests new ones, randomly. That's why there's pretty much no effect at all through extreme exposure to Ley radiation.

Mind Control only from skin-to-skin contact is also a no. The tradition of a handshake still exists in this solar system, after all. Unless this particular race has very little skin. And even then, it's really questionable.

Heck, if a whole RACE had the ability to mind control, I'd imagine that every other world would do their very best to kill them all, out of fear of becoming mindless slaves.
Fair enough. The power will be removed, but the ability to influence lesser creatures remains, because that is how my character controls the gearpilalrs.
If the 21 gearpillars (each of them 5m) fuse to become a 13m mech, should I assume that it's very wide?
No, it is roughly in human proportion. Basically, the way the assembly works is that a gearpillar's stomach is relatively vulnerable, so they bind together in packs of two to make certain parts of the mech. Think of two centipedes hugging each other's stomachs and lacing into each other.
For Cracker Claws...no, it won't be able to cut through nearly any armor. I mean, if you get 100% armor penetration on each individual gearpillar, that's sorta monstrous.
Please consider that they are extremely short-ranged weapons, as in, the gearpillar literally has to crawl onto the target in question to use their cracker claws and that most certainly, there is thick enough armour and specific armour types that can protect against it, especially if the gearpillars have no surface to grab onto. The way they work is through extreme pressure combined with extreme sharpness. Maybe it is just a wording issue, so would it be okay if I changed it to "most types of armour"?
For Fibre Launchers, can they be torn off or whatever? Melted away? Basically, what are the counter measures to them?
They are sticky, but they can be torn off or melted off. It is best to think of them like spider-webs as it is described in their description. You could also potentially hose them off with a strong enough hose or wash them away with chemical fluids. Tearing them off is probably the least favourable option as their sticky nature makes it a hassle.
>turn into greater version...
What do you mean by that? Do they grow? If so, what's stopping them from turning into a greater version AND combining into a bigger mech?
Yikes, that would be overpowered even for me. No, what I mean is that they assemble themselves into a configuration that looks like a greater version of a gearpillar.
Also...won't something like squashing them flat or roasting them into a blackened husk or tossing them into space or dicing them into little bits or freezing them solid be enough to kill them? Or can they literally survive any type of overkill?
Melting them into pulp would kill them off; did not think of that method of extermination when I wrote them up. Squishing them flat would cause extensive damage to their mechanical parts and likely take them out from the rest of combat, but they would ultimately survive. Freezing them solid and tossing them into space would disable them for as long as they are frozen / lacking air and it would take some time to get them back into action. As for slicing them up, that would also cause a large amount of damage to their mechanical parts and take them out of combat, however, the creature would ultimately be able to recover. Basically, as long as their cellular structure remains intact, they can regenerate. They will not function properly, but they will live.
By the way, the gearpillars can't fly or go into space, right? It's strictly land-based swarming?
You have that right.

That art finesse, I am impressed. Well done, I cannot even do stick figures without criticizing myself on the relative size or shape.

I didn't draw a single one of those. It's called image banks.

Reactions: Asuras
Status
Not open for further replies.