Let the Stars Fall Down IC

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Pfft. Home, yeah," the doctor rolled his eyes at Mana's musings. "That's the place I'd prefer to be right now. But apparently, I need to be all the way out here to field-test something that's probably been impounded at this point." He almost sighed, before stopping himself due to being in mid-calculation of how to repair what he was about to move. Instead, he simply muttered to himself.
"Interplanetary travel is for robots."

"My name is Oktonia," Auric snapped, perpetuating his dickish first impressions. "Do you actually have a memory module? Besides, I guarantee you all that a plasma bomb could probably have finished it off."
He wasn't lying. But then, what he was saying was that he was 100% sure that he was 80% sure that a plasma bomb would have finished off their tentacle-covered friend, regardless of the actual likelihood, and for a given value of "finished off".

"Asano," he suddenly said to the computer that he'd just insulted, forgetting all about the fact, "what networks are you still connected to? We ought to find out how much surveillance they have on us before saying something potentially incriminating."

"Oh, any luck and this place is nicer than what I'd call home," Mana replied without further comment on what her home life must have been like, beyond the bitter tone of voice. "And I'm sure vaporizing the damn thing would've worked..." She muttered a few unkind things about her own abilities not being very useful most of the time.

"Who cares if they're listening to us? You get used to it after a while." She shrugged and got up to pace around her room a bit. "Ah!" She paused for a moment to think of how best to say this. "I'm not sure who or where you guys are, but sorry you got dragged into our mess." Really, whoever those two who'd shown up near the end of things were, it would be pretty bad if they ended up lumped in with everyone else. They hadn't even done anything.

"Mr. Oktavia," The gynoid responded in the most robotic manner she could do, "I am just a simple cargo robot! Whatever you expect of me does not seem possible. I highly suggest to use your eyes." No really, that was everything she knew, there were no cameras here, at least not visible or her being capable of connecting to. And well, guards? There weren't any in this room either. " Though, I got questioned, and there seems to be confusion about our group being thought guilty as bio-terrorists."

Reactions: a touch of dread
"I haven't gotten used to it in the slightest," he said, glancing meaningfully at the 'cargo robot'. "Five hundred forty-eight octodecillion, six hundred sixty-seven septendecillion, two hundred fifty-seven sexdecillion, seven hundred sixty quindecillion, nine hundred fifty-two quattuordecillion, five hundred eighty-two tredecillion, eight hundred sixty-six duodecillion, two hundred sixty undecillion, eight hundred eighty-six decillion, four hundred twenty-four nonillion, four hundred twenty-four octillion, two hundred eight septillion, twenty-four sextillion, six hundred sixty-two quintillion, four hundred two quadrillion, six hundred twenty-six trillion, two hundred twenty-six billion, two hundred forty-six million, six hundred forty thousand, four hundred seconds of hell."

Of course, as somebody who studied time, he knew that this wasn't a manageable number of seconds in the least. In fact, it counted for over seventeen quindecillion millennia, or, in more meaningful terms, 17 millions-to-the-power-eighteen years, which, as it happened, was several orders of magnitude older than the universe. Auric didn't care. The amount of time it would take someone who cared to figure out what he was talking about was far longer than Asano would need to decipher the product of his shrieking processor system.

Clearly, unlike a certain magician, he'd picked up on the gynoid's paranoia.

Last edited by a moderator:
Asgharro slumped against the wall, straining to catch any trace of what, if anything was being said. Vibrations coming through the walls had betrayed that there probably were others there, but any sound itself was lost in the nigh-pitched buzz. At least holding onto the wall had allowed him to steady himself and allow the nausea to subside somewhat. That was something, right?

Scanning the room again, with a slightly less queasy eye, Asgharro took stock of his cell. Nothing that could be used to make anything. Nothing even remotely useful. Whoever did this had done their job well. Sighing, Asgharro shifted himself to get a clear view out of the front of his cell. A clean, bleak room, filled with what seemed to be other cells. Looking around, Asgharro started to recognise some of the occupants of the other cells - Auric, Asano (looked like they were arguing, no surprise there), Mana, two people who he didn't recognise but who may have been caught up in this all...no Brent. Huh. Seems Captain Deadbeat slipped away somewhere.

Anyway, what next? Get their attention? Tapping hadn't worked, but it seemed conversation was possible between cells from the way they were acting.

"Hope you don't mind my interrupting, but if someone could transcribe what's being said and post it to me, that'd be great thanks." Asgharro croaked. "That grenade really fucked up my ears."

Eleniya just kept quiet and to herself after answering one of the people involved in mess. She heard the mention of a plasma explosives and shook her head, knowing that trough it would probably kill the tentacle monstrosity the group she run into was fighting it would also result in a shitload of damage that would just be added to their charges.
So she decided to bide her time and wait, sooner of later the local Two World Fenderation embassy will wonder why she failed to contact them as she said that she will and upon learning where she is will try to get her out. If all else fails she always could try bribes or lawyers, depending on what would be cheaper on this paranoid hellhole. Still very annoyed at the situation she wanted to yell out: "Good damn Kroil paranoid motherfuckers! How the hell has a ex-soldier of the Federal Military has something to do with a bioterrorists group!?? Fucking paranoid morons!"
But instead just held back her rage and planned revenge trough her connections: "First thing I will call Arnius and tell him all about the case. Then the Circle. After that my old friend general Jublyenko, who is now in charge of the border control of the Federation ..." Elen plotted away in case that the goddamn Kroil police doesn't apologize properly ...

Asano sighed, they were in a jail cell, how did ass-ninja expect anyone to 'transcribe' something? Well, purposely ignoring him now she had a few other bones to pick first. "Mr. Oktavia..." Again, her monotone no-personality-robo voice. "I believe there is a transposed digit in your number." She didn't even know what he was rambling on about, maybe some sort of secret message for her? Urgh...was she now seriously supposed to dedicate a tiny bit of her processing power to whatever he said? Well, maybe, but for now, she had more important matters to attend to, maybe.

But now really, maybe the gynoid should message the captain and ask...for what even? Maybe he abandoned the entire crew? Asano wasn't sure what to make out of it, maybe throw a coin to decide if Mana was worth rescuing? Whatever. For now, the AI was not bored yet.

Last edited:
Meredith was stuck again, quite literally this time.
Of course this was because the Kroil barbarians found it quite fitting to simply overload her suit. Quite a few alarms notified her which servo motors were off line, which was more then 80%, it also notified her that the main power cell went offline, and that the nanorepair systems will take over 2 weeks to fix the damage with current power levels. Thankfully the automatic protection systems kicked in in time, and she did not die from electrocution to her brain through her implants. In fact, her HUD was still operational.
She looked around, eyes only of course, as she couldn't move her head, the cell seemed simple, quite effective and completely empty. All she could do was sigh and listen though, as she couldn't even move around. It would seem that the other people who were fighting the weird tentacle creature were also apprehended. They were currently squabbling, or so it seemed at least.
Well she was at the mercy of the Kroil, they'd either realize she's innocent and ship her back to Markava, or deem her guilty and ship her off to some prison. Not much she could do about it, she was about as good as cargo at this point.

"...Transposed digit…?" Auric murmured to himself. If that was the case, then of course Asano wouldn't understand. He went back over his recitation, hurriedly checking each number and wondering if he'd said the right one.
"Where? What did I say?" he asked desperately. He scanned over it multiple times, before deciding that perhaps another number system would be easier. "I mean, like a sixth square? 3Z99CSW5FZYL0N0Y3W5ZVPZ815V3C5Y705UMQ68?"

The AI made a over dramatic and loud sigh, like, seriously. "Really Auric? Really? Not to mention just what year do you think it is?" Not being bothered to keep up her masquerade for a moment, the robot, after a small pause, started to make weird noises:

.-/...//..//.-/.-../.-././.-/-../-.--//-/---/.-../-..//-.--/---/..-/--..--//-/...././-.--//.-/.../-.-/./-..//--/.//--././-././.-./../-.-.//.----./.-/.-././/-.--/---/..-//.-/.-././/-/./.-./.-./---/.-./../.../-//--.-/..-/./.../-/../---/-./.../..--../.----.//.-/.--./.-/.-./-//..-./.-./---/--//.--/..../.-/-//.--/.//.--/./.-././/-../---/../-./--.//...././.-././--..--//.-/-./-..//.--./---/.../../-./--.//.-/...//.../---/--/.//.../../-.-./-.-//-.-./.-/.-./--./---//.-./---/-.../---/-//..//---/-.../...-/../---/..-/.../.-../-.--//-/---/.-../-..//-/...././--//-/...././/-/.-./..-/-/..../-.-.--////

Auric paused for a moment, silent, a faint and clearly suppressed reaction visible on his face.
"What was that supposed to mean? You might want to get that checked out. What was that, '1HYBGX76T2RH76HRJDRNG3XAF3INHAN65AGHPBQWEJF78CYH10N514BMSPI9HK6HVDYAFWCNENRP413J8SWT9QCOE1JI9ZIZG3OYQC0WFF7G7A82CKZ4WFQHVJSIBIFHPBJBXEJXOM7BZCBA8WLVQPYJGQZRV2GKNA7GRWHQPU0WI7PZMQ2QR5LWC6MNGJA511B4KUBKG2M6142RJ2EID0B0OGOKBQDZGN4EZHCKZJJ5T19563W7GFZ1BX4FXXDV65TETGXXPXR4RCUBUILNDW343B1JO74JKW' in 36?" he shook his head. "If anything, I would expect an error message to be '136A0YIF4P6PN4X7DFTL64MVDP7BRJN9PTZZO3AY6ODPZYQJJEVBM144CCCQCVI86RJR85JRT2DMDWCM26TDL6FMJTBF7EKWXW7A4HU0L3ZGD9BM69JSQ4E8REMLJ591G83YE5Z2IYK6LBL2JOHODVD9EZKUPS85IU2YB9TP8TVCLVZOKXD4M63XYJZJDMK67HTKZ02FJ58FJKO4LG8VLMG42T372G755FRQ4TAR59R9BTBVGVIEGFULATV7GZH15ALMJBRPLQQQ6VI2XX4R4ACVI9BKTIM'. Or something," he added hurriedly.

He continued, really? Like, the gynoid could have done this all in her robo voice or whatever, but wouldn't it start hurting him randomly spouting out numbers and letters? "Mr. Oktavia…" Continuing in old fashion, as a joke could only be taken so far. "I already informed you about the lack of cameras in this prison room, did I not? And if you dare to continue like that I might just change my opinion about wherever you are a bioterrorist or not."

"Have you got a single sentence in your oh-so-vast knowledge bank about a wiretap?" he snapped.

"Tch, as if a oh-so great and technological advanced dictatorship as this would feel the need for wiretaps if they got hypersonic weaponry at their disposal." Asano snapped back too.

"They have cameras, so by definition they'll have invented wiretaps, and wiretaps can be tuned so hypersonic won't affect them! Why are we even arguing about this?!" he exclaimed, trying to reconstitute his temper so as to do something constructive.

"Why we argue? Well, maybe because you are way too paranoid!?" Regardless, this was just getting dumber by any minute, instead, Asano tried to message her captain this time, sending him a pretty simple text:

Dear Brent,

please get this expensive body out of prison. Mr. Oktavia is turning me insane. I think we've bonded enough.

In love,
A very loyal cargo gynoid

"Not being paranoid enough is why we're here in the first place! I'd be doing all of this myself if it wasn't for this damn shielding!" Auric hissed, oblivious to her message. "Do you want to get out of here or not?"

And then, suddenly, Asano received a message.

Bonding with Dr. Octopus? Gave you all that time in order to get better along with Ass, really. But sure, why not? Tell them all to get away from the wall, please~ <3

Your ever-doting Captain,
Brent

"Mr. Oktavia, I'm five steps ahead of you." Now she actually had the option to not say anything...but it wasn't like the AI wanted to get Auric killed...at least not for now. "I am also highly suggesting anyone to get away from that wall! Did you hear me Mana? If you are close to the buildings wall, GET AWAY FROM IT!" Hopefully, she would listen…

Auric paused to consider what was being shouted. And then he came to a realisation.
He couldn't move. It wasn't an option. Trying to move while repairing his bones at this stage would have ripped his skeleton straight out of his back in shards.
So, instead, all Auric could do was take advantage of the fact that he was done enough to talk but screaming in frustration as the wall tore itself apart.

"ぶれええええええええええええんととととととと!*"

*"BREEEEEEENT!"

Password input.
Energy levels green.
Target locked.
Area designated.
Generate anchor.
Confirm settings.
Engage firing sequence.

It almost looked like it happened in slow motion, the white wall that the cells were against buckling over. A shaft of light tore through it, and, in that transient, everlasting moment, it almost looked like it was a sword that flew through the wall. A nanosecond later, a shockwave followed, the chunks of military-grade steel that made up the wall flying over the heads of the inmates and smashing into the transparent walls, causing huge spiderweb cracks within them. As the dust settled and the six prisoners got a look at the world outside, it became glaring obvious that they were in the third level of Kroil, the military section. Without a single pretense of a 'normal, natural' world, impersonal stone and metal walls reached up high over their heads, as sirens blared at the sudden destruction at hand. Red lights spun from the ceiling and the intercom roared out that there had been a prison break. Already, from fall off hallways, the familiar sheen of powersuitted guards could be seen, dashing towards the fugitives.

And, amongst all that chaos, Captain Brent, with that same no-shits-given smile as always, popped up with his ragged hoodie.

"Hey there, baby girl," the amethyst-eyed teen said suavely, leaning against what remained of the wall, "Wanna do something useful now?"

Nearby, there were several trucks of the same make as the one that had transported them to the prison the first place. More importantly though, was the fact that these hallway-tunnels were equipped with blast-proof doors, clearly meant to contain dangerous elements.

And clearly, the crew of Asano-17, now labelled as bio-terrorists and plain ol' terrorists, were still not considered dangerous enough to be isolated and starved dead.

"I really don't know what you two are going on about," Mana complained to the others. "But if we are being watched...they probably know morse code..." And then she got completely lost. Whatever. Let the smart people do smart people things. When Asano warned her to get away from the walls, she did the obvious to check that she wasn't right next to one, got up off the bed, and did her best to pantomime or sign to Ash that he should probably get toward the center of his little room, as well.

And then something interesting happened. Very interesting. Mana was happy to see their captain again, but just a little concerned by the rest of the chaos going on. It was likely they'd just kicked the nest full of ants, which they were still in the middle of. This would not end well, without a lot of luck. Given the opposition had demonstrably effective weapons, she was a little concerned.

"While I'm happy to see you," she said to the Captain, "I really hope you have a good escape plan, because this in no way looks like we'll be just walking out of here. I'm no expert on prison breaks, but I'll follow your orders." She gave him a salute, then moved into Meredith's cell through one of the new openings and picked her up in a fireman's carry. "No use leaving anyone behind," she says quietly. She'd been in a similar situation before, she wasn't about to leave someone else behind for...whatever would happen as a result. She wasn't sure about Auric either, but he could at least move a little. And no doubt would speak up before long if he did need help. In the absence of any other instructions, she started making for one of the armored trucks. Screw hoofing it all the way out of this place.

Asgharro noticed his fellow crewmates moving into the centre of their rooms. It seemed a bit odd - had there been any instructions relayed through a speaker system from the guards? Following Mana's frantic hand gestures, Asgharro did likewise. The reason why became clear.

The walls buckled, bent, broke. A shaft of light cut through with a roaring noise so loud it even managed to register on Asgharro's hearing. As he marvelled at what was going on, massive splinters shot by his face and buried themselves in the wall. Disoriented and confused, Asgharro fell to the floor and peared through the dust. Prison trucks. Was this how Kroil opened their cell doors?

No.

Wait.

Goddamnit Brent!

Not only were they wanted as Bioterrorists, they were now wanted as jailbreakers, insurgents, probably a million and one other things too. The man clearly had no sense of proportion. Still, any port in a storm, and this was one fuckmotherer of a storm they were about to find themselves in. Pulling himself to his feet, Asgharro staggered towards the trucks, still unsteady and disoriented from the damage to his ears.

[BCOLOR=transparent]Oh look! It made boom, or something. Which finally meant they were totally free. Free (bio-)terrorists, but still better than being stuck innocently in prison.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Moving towards the truck the gynoid made sure to check on everyone. Ass-ninja seemed fine, Mana was okay too, though considering she was carrying someone it made her regret that the police thought of this body as a simple cargo robot. Only person of the crew missing was...[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Mr. Oktavia! Enough lazing around." Yeah, Asano seemed to have too much free time, as she ran dangerously close towards the wannabe scientist, her intent very clear.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Oh, no," Auric said, less in a way indicative of a foreboding fear, and more in the way one would tell a child not to touch the blender. "I'm fine, I can get up myself. Go on and kick some ass."[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Asano gave of a cybernetic sigh. "Look, I know you are a prick full of pride or some shit, but a but this is really not the time for kindergarten. So either you get up right this instant, or I will carry you." Not like she would just leave him to die there, as tempting as it might seem.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Auric bit his lip. There was nothing gain from lying, he supposed, so he might as well be out with it. "Okay, look, I can't move," he admitted. "I physically, as of this moment, am anchored to the planet's orbit as a safety measure. I cannot shift from this spot even if this desk were to cease to exist." He sighed, somewhat defeatedly. "Are you happy now? I can catch up with you, protect everyone else. Mana is carrying that girl, so no way can she defend herself."[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]He...what? Urgh, why did he have to be so annoying. "Safety measure? Whatever, just unanchor yourself then. Hurry!" So Auric basically implied he could fend of the the Kroil military AND catch up to them by himself while keeping up that 'safety measure'? Sure.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"But my ribs…!" he began to protest, before giving up. There was basically no time left if anyone wanted to survive. "Fine. But you'll have to carry me."[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"That's what I planned to do all along! Jeez." With that said, Asano simply grabbed him like a husbando his waifu, just less gentle, and hopefully wouldn't be too late to make it to the armored trucks or wherever everyone was running to![/BCOLOR]

"Oh now we also have a jailb... wait isn't that BRENT? What the hell? Well questions will have to wait for later," Eleniya thought as she made her way out of the now broken prison while asking: "So mister savior, you got us out. What next?"

She approached Brent while adding: " Also carry a spare piece by chance? I think that the locals will not let us walk out without a fight and my half-suit, mecha and guns are offline and in a cargo container two levels up."

She stopped some two meters from Brent and looked around, hoping that they have enough time before the full fury of the local military descends on them to get the hell out of dodge. "Why did I have to get involved with that tentacle situation in the first place! Stupid me. Well what is done is done, let's try to work with this people to get the hell of this paranoid shithole," she added a tough as she waited for those carrying the wounded or immobile to join them or for Brent to respond.

[BCOLOR=transparent]Ouch, that sorta hurt. They had so little faith in him that they didn't even glomp him after his dramatic, gallant prison break? Brent did his best to maintain that fearless, badass, rehearsed smile of his, thinking that at least Asano would be glad to see him, but instead…[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]"Damn," he said, a wry smile at the princess carried scientist, "Didn't think that you got THAT close with Asano."[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]It was good to see that his baby girl had finally become a woman though, and, it looked even better that Mana had somehow made a robot-girl her prison female-dog whilst in Kroil's military jail. The crew was growing in size, it seemed, pretty much doubling in size after the freelancers of Asano-17 landed on Kroil. Not bad, not bad indeed…but there really was no more time for such musings. Jogging after Asgharro and deciding that, hey, yeah, might as well hop along with the carry-random-person bandwagon, the captain helped Mister Bandito along to the trucks, before calling back, "Asano, probably fairly obvious, but these trucks are electronically locked. You know what to do, right?"[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Of course Asano knew what to do! And it didn't even take her a friction of time to do what she had to do, what a puny security that was. "Silly Captain! I was already done before you pronounced my name completely!"[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Kay,"[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent] he said, tossing Asgharro into the truck like a sack of potatoes, "Baby girl, mind closing that blast door as well? Thanks ahead of time!"[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]He hopped into the military truck next, gesturing the rest to do the same, before saying, "Anyways, here's the cliffnotes that I gathered while searching for you kiddos. Five different elevator shafts, all reserved for military usage. That's how they muster out their forces quickly. Conveniently enough, they have their standard Type-Zeros near those shafts as well. Same should be expected out of their power suits and weaponry. Mainly sonic, for suppression uses, and almost useless against power suits though. Thankfully, that's what they're using as well."[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Our plan is to get to one of those shafts, steal a mech or two, get in the air, and get out of their airspace, so they can't legally screw with us anymore."[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]He then turned towards Eleniya, "How do you know my name anyways? Well, whatever. After Auric stops playing princess, he should be able to whip some sort of gun real fast, eh?"[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]And with that, Brent put the pedal to the medal, did a sick-ass spin-turn, and called, "Be counting on you to be the skeleton key, Asano!"[/BCOLOR]

Last edited:
Asgharro's hearing had been gradually improving, and now he could just about make out Brent's voice barking orders. There didn't seem to be anything for him to do, so he crawled into the truck, finding himself next to what appeared to be a human-sized robot.

"Didn't know Asano had a sister" Asgharro mused, before making a closer inspection. The motors and servos were all busted - Kroil's ever-gentle police force must have got their hands on it at some point. Starting from the legs, Asgharro worked his way up, checking over the suit until he reached the head. There he caught sight of a pair of human eyes peeking out through the visor.

"HOLY FUCKING SHIT!" Asgharro exclaimed, recoiling from the suit. "I'm sorry, I didn't realise you were in there! Give me a few minutes - I'll see if I can get you out. No guarantee that your suit'll be repairable...but hey, it's not exactly in a good shape now, anyway."

That said, Asgharro reached for what tools he had left.

Placing herself, together with Auric who she now let down, into the very same truck Asano just opened, she made herself fast onto opening one of the doors stopping their way as Brent took off. Compared to what she had to go through prison all this time, the situation they were in now was certainly better. "Our esteemed chance for survival is 10.528%! Sounds good enough for me." Making herself to open one the doors, it took Asano a moment, but ultimately she succeeded.

"Soo...usually you do a heist and then land in jail, but the other way around sounds fun too!" Did her lovely captain seriously plan to snatch a few things before moving off? Then again, getting with mechs to their ship instead of the ship coming to them was most likely safer...for the ship.

Auric snorted at the apparent success chance. "Your processors are really that slow? Gods help us all," he sighed, somewhat redundantly, since he knew full well that even if he had believed in them in the first place, he certainly wouldn't after this little escapade.

He examined his options. He could try to fight back once the guards inevitably started shooting at them, but doing all of that work with a broken rib was likely not feasible. On the other hand...
"Hey, Brent, Asano! Might be a no-brainer, but if we can get back to the ship, Achron is there!" he pointed out. "I can't do much like this, but I can fight them off while you heat the engines up once we arrive!" Of course, he might have been able to help sooner if that son-of-a-bitch hadn't blown up a wall he was leaning against.

As for something useful in the meantime, he crawled over to Asgharro and Meredith, looking over the suit. "I'm not a mechanic, but that thing looks pretty bust," he observed. "Portable fortress though it may be, we've got to get you out of there in case there's a... unforeseen ejection in order. Is there a manual release in there?"

Meredith was... Mildly surprised to the fact someone actually attempted to bust them out of a prison of a highly xenophobic and paranoid planet. However she did not complain, sitting in a prison was kind of lame anyway.
She tried to look over to see what's outside her cell, specifically what broke them out, but the suit was still in lockdown. Without the primary fusion core online it would stay that way for weeks.
Luckily it seems one of the other people from earlier did not want to leave her behind on this planet, and picked her up.
It would seem that their, captain? Commander? Leader? Had broke them out of jail, quite convenient. The fact he didn't quite have an entire plan how to get out was slightly less convenient. The fact that the gynoid from earlier said they have 10% of chance to survive was even less convenient.
She turned her attention to the person carrying her.
"Well, I suppose I should thank you for carrying me out of this place. I didn't feel like lying there for the next few weeks."
She was, moments later approached by someone else, who had inquires about her suit.
"A manual release? Nah, these ain't designed to be taken off, it'll fix itself if I find a power source. Or a nano-repair-kit." Then she mumbled "Not that this world probably has those" before continuing.
"Why would I take it off anyway? I'm not wearing anything under it, and more importantly I barely stand without it."
Though it might be slightly cooler if she took it off, with the suit operating on basic environmental levels, cooling was offline.

Mana nodded assent to the girl's thanks. "I wouldn't just leave someone behind, if I can save them. It's not what a heroine does." She carried the girl up into the back of one of the trucks and carefully laid her down on the floor. "I can't promise this will be the most comfortable, but ...well, that goes for the rest of us, too."

She looked around for the seating options and anything that might be of use in the back of the truck. There had to be some way she could help with the getaway, though if it really came to it, she could do something with her powers. Like most military transport vehicles she'd seen, there wasn't much for comfort in the back. She considered dragging Meredith into a sitting position and strapping her into one of the seats, so she wasn't treating the woman like cargo, but...if she couldn't move, that could just be worse if something were to knock her over.

When Brent got the truck underway, Mana was still standing, and quickly lost her balance under the sudden acceleration, falling right to the floor of the truck. "Oww...damn it..." She got back up and wasted no time strapping in. Checking around for actual weapons could wait. "If we do get as far as one of their hangars, I'm at least trained in piloting. No promises I'd have a clue how to use someone else's stuff if they didn't standardize the controls, though."

Status
Not open for further replies.