DONATING MEMBER
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Invitation Status
  1. Not accepting invites at this time
Posting Speed
  1. Speed of Light
  2. Slow As Molasses
Online Availability
It varies a lot depending on my schedule, unfortunately.
Writing Levels
  1. Advanced
  2. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Primarily Prefer Male
Genres
Psychological horror
Body horror
Supernatural
Giallo
Splatterpunk
Dark fantasy
Historical
Low fantasy
Magipunk
Weird West
Noir
Thriller
Gothic horror
Southern Gothic
Gaslamp fantasy
Cyberpunk
Space saga
Clockpunk
Space Western
Space opera
Paranormal
Modern fantasy
Dieselpunk
Post-Apocalyptic
Crime drama
Medieval fantasy
That day you've all been dreading... It's here.

HORROR HAS COME TO IWAKU.

horrormonth.png

Let the madness begin!

We have a delightful array of sinister plots and terrifying events in store for you this October. Don't let fear prevent you from getting involved! Here's just a taste of what lies in store for you...

A special Horror-themed episode of the monthly Radio Show, featuring ghostly gabbing and spooky stories with your Mistress of the Graves, Kitti.

A Masked Carnival of Souls, noon to midnight (the witching hour) on Sunday the 28th! Join Ozzie and the Masquerade Host Coven in the Roleplay Lobby.

A special song from October Skies Revised.

Truth or Fail: Horror Edition, put together by Spacious Space.

Four horrifying Bar Night events, courtesy of Zen's wicked mind.

Diana's thrilling Saturday Night Chat RPs, every weekend of October! The first will be Processing Undeactivated, featuring ZOMBIE ROBOTS.

A Monster Creation Contest! Your fiendish creations will be judged by Kitti, Ozzie, and Davion.

Challenges, Workshops, Polls, Blogs, and more!

AND OF COURSE, THE ROLEPLAYS. Including...

Making the Cut by Ozzie and Vay

Monsters Under the Bed by Zen

Whoever Sleeps First by Iliana and Juku

St Margaret Institute for Perturbed Children by Artsydaze

Hired Guns by Kitti

College is Hell, a Buffyverse Chat RP by Revi

and many more!

There are plenty of ways to get into the spirit (pun intended) of the festivities, be it changing your username or avatar, running or playing in roleplays, or posting horror and Halloween-themed topics around the forum. Here are a few tips:

• [*=center]You can set your forum skin to the orange and black Halloween theme. Go to your Settings and look under "General Settings", then scroll down to find your Forum Skin options.
    [*=center]Did you know that we have an Iwaku Horror Group?
    [*=center]There is a whole new pack of horror and Halloween-themed avatars in the default albums! Find one you like and go mad.
    [*=center]Check out the Iwaku Theme Festival Group to get in on the action and help plan events.
    [*=center]Some of our talented members have made some wicked banners to stick in your signature and help promote the Festival. Check these puppies out:
horrormonthbanner.png

horrormonthbanner2.png

by Ossochanter

e81e810c.jpg

b3bf1e2d.jpg

238bd88d.jpg

by Kitti

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

by Cerulean

attachment.php

by Diana

2zibyfm.jpg

161dr1c.jpg

by Ms_Wrong

Our full schedule of events is below. If you would like to have an event added to the calendar, please post in the Horror Month planning thread in the Iwaku Theme Festivals Group! Also be sure to check the site Calendar.

octobercalendarupdate_zps2bd9ff51.png

CAN YOU HANDLE THE HORROR?

DIANA HATES NAME CHANGERS!

But Diana loves Horror Month. D:< This is unaccepticated!

*Calls Diana's phone many times, only to breathe into the receiver and hang up*

this will be a delightful month
darkness falls
children come out
and then we play
they dont see me
but i see them

a most delightful month indeed

A reminder to everyone changing their names for Horror month:

PUT YOUR REGULAR NAME IN YOUR ALIAS OR SIGNATURE SO PEOPLE KNOW WHO YOU ARE!

I want to change my username to something more horror (even though blood is horror already) but I don't wanna change my username :( I'M AGAINST CHANGING USERNAME BUT I WANT TO... I hate decisions T-T
Anyway, this month will be AWESOME :D

To anyone doing anything to do with Frankenstein, PLEASE remember that the actual monster's name is not Frankenstein. Frankenstein was the person who created it, if memory serves.

It seems a little obvious, yes, but the people who do it still annoy me.

The link above just takes you to my blog, I just made the thread. Clikcy If you wanna read more or are interested in Monsters Under the Bed.

Oh yes, I have been waiting for this month for a long time. Already many of the roleplays have caught my interest, and I may be making one of my own if I manage to flesh the details out.

Professor Stein, you're fantastical. :D

This is gonna be a great month! Whewt!

The link to the Monsters Under the Bed thread has been edited in to replace the Blog link!

If anyone else would like to have their roleplay listed, you can post either here or in the Festival Group thread. :]

Yay~ Horror Month is finally here! >:D

-hears scary noises coming from the hallway-

o.o

I think everyone should go see Sinister in theaters! >:D I'm going to go with my friends because AL is too scared! >:D

but i'm kinda scared to go as well.... o.o

Threads of the Day! Check out some great new threads in the spirit of Horror Fest!

Have you seen the October Creativity Theme Challenge?

Poetry Challenge #38 involves Halloween-themed poetry!

Celeste posted a somewhat grim topic. Mmmmm! Slow cooking.

The Poll of the Week: Very Scary Members.

DawnsLight is looking for True ghost stories.

And in Blogs!

Dawn posted a bio for her Monster Onsen character, Keir. (Totally check out Monster Onsen, too!)

October starts with horror movie reviews from redblood.

Her first review is Carved (2007)!

I was being contrary but in the end, I dressed up anyway.
MONSTER CREATION CONTEST TOMORROW.
There will be a prize! Mysterious prize!

The Monster Creation Contest has officially opened! COME CREATE A MONSTER.

It's also time for more Threads of the Day!

Yesterday, I neglected to share Desaecula's awesome Showcase of his new horror comic, Don Muerte.

Celeste posted this video To help your creepy muse... maybe?

Kitti's new Plot Challenge: A Dark and Winding Path is keeping in theme with this month.

This Image Challenge: A Jumble of Photos #6 from Zen has some creepy and Halloweeny inspiration for you.

Zen also posted this Writing Exercise: Writing Your Obituary.

Chiryu scared us up some Creepypasta: "Eye for an eye".

And in Blogs!

Shiny posted a bio for "Sou", her Monster Onsen character. (AND SERIOUSLY, CHECK OUT MONSTER ONSEN IF YOU HAVEN'T ALREADY!)

The OOC for Whoever Sleeps First is now up, so the thread link has replaced the Blog link in the first post now!

REMINDING EVERYONE TO LINK THEIR ROLEPLAYS HERE OR IN THE FESTIVAL THREAD IF THEY WANT SOME FREE PROMOTION. 8D

Status
Not open for further replies.