Let Chaos Take Control (Sign Up Sheet and OOC Thread)

W

Wolfsbane706

Original poster
Being a magical girl isn't all it's made out to be. Yeah, you get a pretty dress and an awesome transformation sequence, but sooner or later, you'll find yourself siding with the nearest organization, criminal or not. Gotta pay for rent, or meals, or whatever somehow. And they don't always pay well. Of course, that all pales in comparison to being one of a few in the service of a pint-sized sun goddess. Amaterasu means well, but she really needs to find some way of paying us.

Wait. What do you mean I was supposed to explain how it works!? Nobody told me that! Oh fine! Where'd I put my notes . . . ah! Found 'em! "In service to the Sun Goddess Amaterasu are magical girls representing various art forms. They are henceforth referred to as 'Embodiments'. Nobody knows how many Embodiments there actually are, but it's assumed there's at least a dozen per major city, with anywhere from two to six Embodiments in smaller cities, and sometimes per region. I, myself, am one of four Embodiments in Show Low, a little tourist town up in the mountains of Arizona. I'm not allowed to tell what it is we Embodiments fight, but I can say that we have a tough time doing it, so Amaterasu has decided to recruit two more to our number, in hopes of making things easier on the rest of us."

There. Done. Can I go home now? Huh? Oh, how we transform.

"Despite Amaterasu's status as a sun goddess, she believes that the best way to fight darkness is with darkness, and so when an Embodiment transforms, she says the phrase 'Let Chaos take control', unleashing her powers. To untransform, while still preserving energy, she says 'Let Chaos be reigned', containing her powers. An Embodiment will automatically untransform when she runs out of energy to sustain it with, though letting that happen is ill-advised because that generally leaves the Embodiment exhausted."
--Introduction to being an Embodiment homemade DVD
Human Form
Name: (Self-explanatory. Immigrants allowed.)
Embodiment of: (Can be any art form, or any artistic expression. Examples: ballet, dance in general, skating in general, painting, music, etc. Even graffiti is a valid choice, though you will get looks.)
Personality: (Remember, she was picked for the darker aspects of her personality. A bubbly cheery kid isn't going to make the cut, but neither is a kid with no happiness or belief in something better. Unrealistically traumatic pasts will be denied immediately.)
Years of Experience: (Four veterans, two rookies. Age comes into play here. The younger they are, the less experience they have fighting whatever it is they're fighting.)
Appearance: (Try and match it up with the Age. If pictures, anime-style only.)
Employer: (Do they put their powers to use for any organizations? Just put "None" if unemployed.)
Backstory: (Ideally, all six are Show Low natives. However, if they're from out of town [which is allowed] please explain how they arrived in Show Low. Also, how did they come to be in Amaterasu's service? Life stories not needed nor recommended.)

Embodiment Form
Appearance: (Self-explanatory. Magical Girl-esque description or picture based on what they're the Embodiment of)
Transformation Sequence: (Optional.)
Specialty: (Attacking, supporting, defending, etc.)
Finishing Move: (Optional.)

Meta Information
There's going to be six characters in play, but only four of them will be Embodiments to begin with. The RP is going to start immediately after the finishing edits are made to the above-listed DVD, with the four veterans meeting the two new rookies. Amaterasu herself is mostly not gonna be present, but she will make an NPC appearance at the beginning to introduce the rookies, and will make appearances here and there to "check in" on the players. The girl in the video can be played by anyone, but once that role has been assigned, it won't change hands.

Rules
The usual rules apply. I trust I don't need to remind you not to god-mod, not to meta-play (using information your character doesn't know to your character's advantage), and not to be rude to the other players?

Aside from that, I'd like a minimum of a paragraph and a half, with literate writing. This should give you enough space that you can leave something for the other players to work with, but at the same time, won't force you to write an entire short story just for one post.

Also, please don't whine about storyline decisions. If you want to contest them, or question them, do so civilly. I don't mind answering questions in OOC, but aimlessly whining is just not cool.

Lastly, try not to leave anyone behind. If two people start responding to each other in the topic without waiting for the others, if it gets to the point where at least half a page is nothing but the same two people, I'll boot both from the RP and call for replacements.

I think that's everything, so without further ado, let's begin!

Work in Progress ****

Human Form
Name: Suraji Balasubra
Embodiment of: Animal-Human bonding; the "line" between Humans and Animals
Personality:

Unfortunately, her parents passed quickly when she was young. Algernon doesn't remember them too well, but she was taken into the care of a wealthy family in India. Her adoptive father is a teacher, whilst her mother is an artist. Generally, she's strong-willed, compassionate, independent. Algernon can be a bit unpredictable and may act on impulse. She's pretty intelligent and
Years of Experience: (Four veterans, two rookies. Age comes into play here. The younger they are, the less experience they have fighting whatever it is they're fighting.)
Appearance: (Try and match it up with the Age. If pictures, anime-style only.)

Employer: Slow Low Animal Shelter,

Backstory:
Suraji was set upon the eyes of the goddess the moment she parents passed.

Her parents were nomadic, peaceful Hindus traveling across India. They didn't know much about the world; they were incredibly spiritual and enlisted her with a variety of practices that she still participates in today. The family encountered all sorts of different animals - and encouraged Suraji to adopt behaviors of all creatures. She participated in hunts (though she never hunted). She became very animalistic, but still had the quiet dignity of a lion. Once they passed, a very wealthy man in India adopted her. She doesn't have memory of them, but she remembers how she felt and what they taught her.

At first, Suraji refused to conform. Although her parents didn't completely blind her (they taught her language, though they didn't name her, they took her to town occasionally to worship, etc.), they and the animals were embedded in her heart. Her new father, Rakesh, slowly weaned her off her instincts and helped her cope with a new world. Suraji could control the "animal" in her - but she still felt lost. She was only 6 years old.

So it came upon her father that he had a business trip... which led to an entirely different circumstance. Suraji moved with her father to the United States; Rakesh knew it was healthy for her. Her couldn't stand the corruption and poverty of the country, and maybe if he distanced himself from home, he could see it in a different perspective. Rakesh truly wanted to help his country; and he does often, taking Suraji to regular monthly visits.

What set the goddess's eyes on her was her spirit. Suraji is very spiritual and is more "in tune" with animals than humans. She feels the honesty and soul-searching of their eyes. She can telepathically communicate with animals.

Embodiment Form
Appearance: (Self-explanatory. Magical Girl-esque description or picture based on what they're the Embodiment of)
Transformation Sequence: (Optional.)
Specialty: (Attacking, supporting, defending, etc.)
Finishing Move: (Optional.)