Lest We Be Forgotten

Status
Not open for further replies.
[A]:Order. Order is the arrangement or disposition of people or things in relation to each other according to a particular sequence, pattern, or method. It is what keeps things in place and enstills balance between man and without order the balance would shift causing pure and utter turmoil. The laws of the government were put in place by three major leaders: Talia Valdoc, Marcus Kane, and Quentin Marshall, their brave souls and remarkable minds have turned civilization towards a much more productive path and we are forever grateful for that. Those who dedicate their lives by the rules will live a prosperous life, filled with the joyce and benefits there is to offer, but those who don't comply...those who think they are above the law will be punished as see fit and a crime against the government will result in prison and or death. The choice is up to you, and we do hope you choose wisely...
Kevin1.jpg

The announcement board flashed down on the hundreds of people standing behind three long red ropes which kept a respectable distance while the leaders were getting ready. The woman on the screen, her thin lips moved as if she was a robot her deep blue eyes void of any emotion other than the forced smile towards the end of the annual speech. The speech that was held at the same time every few years to rain praise on the leaders who had turned our war filled world into what they lived in now, a much more peaceful reside..mostly. The screen went dark and the slight chattering coming from the citizens fiddled out until there was complete silence and then she emerged. Blonde hair pinned up into a tight ponytail Amelia Grant put on a wide grin as the cheers began. She looked more lively than the announcement board but there was still that vacant glint in her eyes as she approached the podium and lightly drummed her nails while awaiting for the crowd to settle down.

" I would like to thank everyone for taking the time to come out here and welcome your leaders, it has been an honor working beside them while they continue to help shape our city into something wonderful". The cheers started up again and Amelia briefly glanced down at her watch before looking towards her right and giving a tight nod. "It is now my pleasure to welcome our Leaders" Her voice was now drowned out as the three figures emerged from the back and down the steps, agents tight at their side for precaution measures as they stood side by side from another. Talia to the right, Marcus was standing in the middle and Quentin on the left, each one with their heads held high and tight smiles before Amelia continued but by this time Christian had tuned her out as his hazel green eyes scanned the crowd glancing from person to person before looking back over at the podium to see Talia's gaze on him. He immediately stiffened feeling her brown eyes bore into him but he didn't show any discomfort and instead stared back until he saw a fain grin tug at the corners of her lips.

That woman knew how to get under his skin, out of all the other agents including the ones next to her she had to look over at him? His fingers twitched at his side eager to slip into the pockets of his black pants but since he couldn't he simply rested them behind his back, brows furred as he forced his eyes to leave Talia's scolding gaze. When the speech was over Christian moved down the stairs and helped assist the people at the gate. It was an utter cluster fuck and he hated doing this part but nonetheless it came with the job and he'd chose it each time if it means staying out that damn building. The Central Building. It was where leaders and idealist went to coax up new laws and ideas before having some lackey send out the liners in the news and or Amelia to make an announcement. His hand ran feverishly through his semi curly brown hair before adjusting his suit and following the leaders into the side building.

With the big dinner coming up everyone was a bit jumpy. There had been rumors that the Resistance were planning an attack but no one knew when, it would make sense that they would do something now seeing as how all the leaders would be in the same room. Talia resided in the city, Marcus ways away, and Quentin in the city as well but on the other side as he rarely came east. As the leaders passed Christian stood to attention, back straight, eyes forward as the clicking heels and heavy shoes got closer and just when he thought he could breath easily Talia Valoc stopped in front of him. Her 5'3 stature was nothing compared to his 6'3 but she starred up at him nonetheless not even phased in the slightest but why would she be? " You seemed distracted today" It was more of a statement than a question but she tried to play it off with a ghost smile, ah one Christian knew all too well.

The other leaders had continued on and Christian parted his lips slightly finding words to say. " Not really just spent time observing the crowd was all" Talia didn't seem amused but she nodded her head before stepping closer. " I know how boring the speeches can be and I know you.." Her voice trailed off before her adjusting the pin in her graying hair, her brown eyes not a as vibrant anymore. Talia gently reached up and patted Christian's cheek making him stiffen a little, " Don't let me down" the slight Spanish accent slipped through her lips as Christian nodded and watched as she walked away, heels kicking against the marble floor.

• Love
Reactions: mango
Why do I have to do it?

Because you're the one that put the plan together in the first place?

Anna huffed, tugging her employee cap a little further down her forehead, in an attempt to obscure her wandering eyes. She was a schemer -- not a field person, being in a building she'd dreamed of seeing go up in flames many times made her anxious, but she tried not to let the disdain cloud her judgement. The redundancy of the people worship on stage had hardly met her gaze, she looked around at everyone, from the sheeple to the tight security, occasionally readjusting her caramel locks so they fell past her ear. The instrument attacked to her earlobe, with a cord running down to another device clipped on her top, were both issued by the establishment's security -- so no one would think anything of her merely listening into what the other guards were discussing (a dreadful mix of fake news and rendezvous). But every now and then she would tune into an alternate channel, stationed just close enough to the event to slip under the radar, with a secure server programmed by a former software engineer that quit complying with their horrid leaders after manipulation had gone too far. Despite how well the set up seemed -- Anna never felt comfortable, nor should she be.

Because with every advantage came a set back -- the most recent one being the rumors of their planned attack, fueled by an ex member who had a nasty case of pillow talk. They'd put an end to him -- something Anna wasn't proud of -- but they couldn't have even rumors spreading, not when so many lives were riding on one dinner, one night, one shot. And of all the people they chose her to procure that shot -- not to say she didn't have a steady sniping hand, but there were people more qualified that worked with her, individuals that knew the ins and outs of a building she'd only been in twice in her life, the first time leading to an inevitable ban. So why her? No one else had the balls, though Anna wasn't about to say she was here out of nerve. More like they slapped a round on her waist and locked the door after pushing her outside.

"You wanna get something done, you have to do it yourself," She murmured, unnecessarily adjusting her cap once more before straightening her posture, a reluctant show of respect as the leaders finished spreading nonsense and finally came down from the stage. Though her expression remained neutral, indifferent, Anna observed the three, Marcus, Quentin -- she already knew Talia was not in the cards, that woman was clever, it was spelled out by the smugness on her face and carved in the gun shot wounds of former resistance members tossed away in ditches. But the other two proved easier on a minuscule level. Anna wondered what the counter would be if someone else were to be taken out -- back lashes tended to be fierce.

"Aroha*, do you read me?"

"Copy."

"What's our game?"

"Oh now it's our game? I thought I was on my own?"

"We wouldn't really put you out there by yourself. Status?"

"Dinner room is being prepped. Best shot is tonight, they won't be here tomorrow."

"Who're we hitting?"

"That babolo* Marcus."

"Roger. Update me."

"Will do."

-

*Aroha = Love in Maori, Anna's codename.

*Babolo = Insult in Samoan.​

With the event in place people were moving all over the building making sure that it would look as stunning as it sounded, as well as appeasing the leaders who would be attending. Christian pressed his back against the wall as he watched a small group of Marcus's security move around the man as his secretary Dennis jotted down notes on his pad, nodding his head feverishly while Marcus rambled on about what he wanted placed and where. Christian's light eyes starred long and hard at the man until he disappeared around he corner, not taking notice to the eyes boring into his back before Christian moved up the stairs and down the long hall. When big events like this happened Talia always ended up calling him to assist her in mundane tasks that her small circle could handle but he'd be a stupid man to tell her no.

Christian raised an eyebrow slightly watching the older woman speaking to Quentin before her brown eyes shifted towards him while lifting a finger and motioning for him to come. He slowly moved down the hall seeing Quentin flash a small smile as he approached while extending his hand that Christian shook firmly. " I've heard good things about you" Quentin nodded slightly in Talia's direction which simply made Christian glance towards the small woman at his side before nodding his head. " Well I'm glad. Are you ready for the dinner tonight Mr. Marshall?" " Yes I am, I hear the food is to die for and the music choice amazing". Talia lightly nodded before slightly turning on her heels, her gaze was focused on something down the hall but he called out to Christian. " I need you to bring my shall down from my room around 8:30, I'll be in the downstairs office".

Talia didn't really wait for a response before she moved down the hall with a small scowl on her face and yelled at the two men who had clearly messed up in some color scheme. Quentin watched amused as Christian stood there eyeing the woman, " Well Mr. Marshall I should be on my way", " Ah yes sorry about that" Quentin gave a empty smile before walking down the hall after Talia who was in a mix between Spanish and English as she motioned towards something Christian couldn't see and then stormed down the hall. As night time approached the building was filled with big named people, generous contributors and doctors as well as upper and middle class civilians. Christian adjusted the black button down shirt tucking it down into his black pants before letting out a slow breath.

At 8:25 Christian walked upstairs to Talia's room and grabbed the velvet shall she had requested before bringing it downstairs where she was standing next to two guards, a plump male named Winston and a female whom he had never seen before. " Here you go" Christian spoke up causing Talia to stop her conversation and take the shall from his fingers. " Thank you, this here is Anna she's been moved into my building, Christian here has been working for me for many years so if you have any questions he'll know- Dennis lets go" Talia gave a brief smile to Anna then eyed Christian before moving into the dinning room with Dennis on her heels. His gaze moved down towards the woman that was left standing next to him, her caramel skin brought out her light brown eyes and Christian averted his gaze towards where he'd last seen Talia. " isn't she just wonderful" he mummered before running his fingers through his short curly mess of hair.

After a moment his hard gaze turned towards the woman, " Look as long as you do your part you shouldn't have anything to worry about but I'm sure you already know that. She's pretty aggressive on days like this...good luck" he gave a tight nod before shoving his hands into his pockets and strolling outside to the main gate and away from the cluster fuck of people as well as Talia's observing eyes.

Reactions: mango
Status
Not open for further replies.