Lesson Of Love

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seeing our conversation was over, I stood up from the seat across of him and nodded in agreement. "I will see you in...twenty minutes?" I chuckled lightly as I clung to my book-bag's strap. "Are we meeting here?" I asked before I walked out of the room. Sadly enough I asked only to steal another glance his way. He was hypnotizing, and I had five hours to finally admit it to myself. I scanned my caramel eyes over his handsome features once more. Seeing his chiseled chin, his gray eyes looking all-too deeply into mine. For a moment, I couldn't find oxygen to place in my lungs. I was trapped.

-

Ugh, I'm going to make them longer, I promise.

Colton sighed as she got up from her seat because he didn't want her to leave and looked at the time and nodded "I will see you in twenty minutes then Ariela" he said smiling and nodded "Sure, you can meet me in here but i might not be in here because i need smoke" he said to her with a smile and noticed her looking at him but then he couldn't help but look at her from toe to head and she was a gorgeous girl and very beautiful. He really couldn't keep his eyes off her much longer and his eyes locked with her beautiful caramel ones and saw how beautiful even her eyes where and he couldn't take his away from her and even felt his heart pick up in speed as he looked at her

"I erm-, i better let you go back to class" he said after clearing his throat and looking away from her eyes blushing and really blush as well, no other women had made him blush before, she was a first "And what i was trying to say earlier was, you're a beautiful girl, i know it's wrong to say that but i can't help myself" he admitted

His confession caught me by surprise, the blush on my cheeks growing fiercer by the heartbeat. I should have been embarrassed, or uncomfortable but I was far from that. My eyes fell to the floor, as I bit my bottom lip to suppress the smile wanting to stretch across my face. Though the logical side of my brain screamed that this was wrong, the irrational side of my brain swooned over him. Keep your head high, Ela. Finally, I looked up only to be entranced by his eyes. "You don't look so bad yourself," I breathed and then I made my exit.

(You can do the time skip. :P)

Colton was a deep red in his face from what he admitted and couldn't believe he just said that out loud, he just called her beautiful, you could say he was sort of flirting with her but he couldn't help it anymore at all, he hardly knew her yet she had such a huge affect on him already, one where he was blushing, his heart racing and he couldn't keep his eyes off her from a second. He looked into her eyes again when she looked up and smiled at what she breathed out and watched her go "Is it really bad to say i'm in love with a student already" he muttered to himself
~~~~~~~Time-skip~~~~~

Colton had just finished off his cigarette outside and watched as student's left and he made he way back in and had girls looking at him and he turned his head and blew out the smoke before putting the cigarette out on the wall and putting the end in the bin before walking back to his classroom where he promised he was meet Ariela and his heart rate was already picking up and he was getting butterflies in his stomach, only her being able to do that because when he used girls for his sexual pleasure, he never got any of these feelings

Twenty minutes passed all too slowly as I sat in History class. We spoke of Napoleon and other leaders who ruined their own lives. I barely paid attention, too busy searching through poems that I'd let Mr. Hale--Colton--read. It wasn't that I was ashamed, only I wanted to show him my best work. Usually boys--and few men--see the beauty in me. They never make it past that, only wanting me for my body and never for my potential. Mr. Hale seemed different, which alerted my mind to be even more cautious. He was an adult, and my teacher at that. Though he voiced he thought I was pretty--beautiful, even--didn't mean that I had a chance with him. There were so many boundaries him and I would cross--and I wasn't ready for that. I continued scolding myself inwardly, though deep down...I didn't care. The bell rang, making my shoulders jolt. Time to see Colton. At the thought of it, my heart skipped a beat.

-

I counted my steps cautiously, making sure not to be there too early and seem eager to meet him again. One, he didn't need to know I was interest. Two, I was always told to play hard to get. "Ariela," I heard my name being called out by more than one boy. I turned around to see three of my brothers. "Going home?" Luan asked as he smiled charmingly at a girl who walked pass with a skirt way too short. She giggled, and wiggled her fingers as a hello. "I'm going to see a teacher about something, see you guys later?" I explained to them. They all nodded, and said a small goodbye. I turned back around to see Mr. Hale unlocking his door. "Oh, there you are," I smiled warmly at him, hugging my notebooks close to me.

Colton had to make sure himself he didn't get to his classroom too early or too late because if he was already in his classroom it would seem like he got there early on purpose so that's why he decided to go for a quick smoke outside before he went back to his classroom and got stopped on the way by another English teacher and talked to them seeing as she was asking him questions before she finally let him go. He got to his classroom and was unlocking the door when he heard Ariela's voice and glanced at her with a smile "Yeah sorry about that, i went for a smoke and then i was stopped by another English teacher- Miss Wills- and she wouldn't stop asking me questions, so i apologise about that" he said smiling and opened the classroom door and stepped aside "After you Ariela" he said smiling and being a gentleman towards her, which he never really was

Sorry it's short. :/
-
"No need for an apology, I see you tend to be fashionably late," was my teasing response. He held the door for me, and I thanked him quietly as I walked. The room looked larger than it did earlier this morning, students not around able to take up the room. Butterflies fluttered in my stomach as reality hit me. I was going to be alone in a room with Mr.Hale for God knows how long. I bit my bottom lip to suppress the smile forming on my lips. Why on Earth am I so excited?

[it's okay, sorry i had to finish coursework of yesterday -_-]

Colton laughed at what she said to tease him "Well, you could say i'm fashionably late sometimes, but it was mainly because i was smoking, so again i'm sorry if i smell of smoke, i'll spray myself when i get to my bag" he said smiling and nodded when she thanked him before following in after her and went to his bag and sprayed himself with lynx and put some gum in his mouth before he sat down in his chair "Remember you can call me Colton now, it's after school after all" he said giving her a smile and looked her in the eyes again

The fluttery feeling in my stomach caused my hands to shake. I clenched the edges of my notebooks, not wanting Colton to see her blunt anxiety. "What will it take for you to quit?" I asked nonchalantly, wanting to make conversation to pass the time. I dropped my things onto the desk I used earlier this morning, and took a seat. "So, want to just see my poems or...?" I trailed off, not knowing what to do. Whenever around Colton, my nerves got the best of me.

Colton wasn't expecting her to asked him that at all and he glanced at her as he looked at the cigarette box on the table and ran his fingers through his hair "It isn't easy to give up Ariela, i've tried loads of times, it's hard to give up when i have been smoking since i was 15 and i'm now 23" he said and sat down at his desk "I guess i need something or someone to distract me from it" he said looking at her "You could help me?" he asked looking at her and his heart thumping against his chest and had to stop himself from blushing.

He watched as she sat down infront of him and he rubbed the back of his neck and nodded "Oh yeah, right erm i can look at what you wish me to, either that being one of your poems or whatever else" he said smiling

"You could help me?" his words caused a shiver to dance down my spine. My teeth caught my bottom lip, my cheeks redder than a tomato, and my heartbeat was beginning to speed up. Maybe I was thinking too much into his words...or maybe his words truly had a double meaning. Words wouldn't come to my lips, Colton did the impossible.

He made me speechless.

His next statement brought me out of my confusing haze. "R-right, that's what I'm here for," I stuttered quietly. I opened my pale blue folder, rummaging through my poems. Finally, I found one he could look at. "Here, this one is a few weeks old," I breathed as I handed it to him.

Beauty.

Beauty is within.
Though, many are blind.
All they can do is see.
See with their eyes, that is.
Beauty is within.
Though, many are deaf.
All they can do is hear.
They do not listen.
Beauty is within.

"I know it's short but...everytime I try to go back to it I'm stuck." Were my words.

Colton mentally slapped himself for saying that now, he really just said she could help him, meaning she would be the girl to distract him from it but he really wanted to be with her, even if it was very wrong, he couldn't help it anymore and what he just said basically was saying help me quit smoking and distract me from it. He saw her blush and bit her bottom lip and he left that question quiet he just asked and not repeating it again,

"Yeah it is" he said biting his lower lip and took it from her "I'll take a look at it for you but i bet already it's going to be good" he said smiling at her and reading the poem infront of him and shook his head "No, no it's good Ariela, i don't think this is meant to be a long poem it is fine with just that first stanza and the 9 lines, it gives a message out" he said smiling

Moments passed by, then Colton began showering me with compliments. A soft smile fell on my lips. The two of us began bonding over a few more poems here and there. Twenty minutes turned into half an hour, and we were completely off-topic. We now were talking about ourselves to each. I began to explain to him how I am an only girl of ten siblings, and the youngest. I expressed my feelings for the surprise move my parents did. I was happy for my parents being happy, but I did miss the normalcy of my old life. I was finally able to have real friends. Girls used me to get to my brothers, and boys only wanted me for one thing. Everyone heard me, but no listened to me. He learned my favorite color (green, but I always wear gray and beige) and my favorite movie (Breakfast At Tiffany's).

I glanced at my cell phone, seeing that we were here with one another for two hours. "Oh my," I breathed quietly, looking at Colton with my eyes wide.

Colton couldn't help but keep giving her plenty of compliments, he was being a gentleman to her with all the compliments and the butterflies in his stomach never stopped as he talked to her. He looked at her other poems she showed him and loved nearly everyone and did tell her some ways she could improve her poems. He had told her about himself and was honest, he was honest about him using girls for his sexual pleasure, just something about her made him trust her. He wasn't going to lie to a girl he was falling in love with. But he also told her about his favourite things and everything else. He smiled at her as she talked about her brothers and being the only girl and he said he knew how that felt a little because he had two older sisters and guys used to ise him so they would see his sisters. He told her as well that his favourite colour was green when she brought it up and was glad a conversation could just flow with them and they could laugh and joke together and during the whole two hours he didn't feel the need to smoke at all.

He raised an eyebrow as he looked at the time "Oh shit" he said "Did you want me to give you a lift home, i can't let you go home when it's nearly dark" he said and got up, putting his bag over his shoulder after putting things away and got his car keys out "I'm not a bad driver, really" he said smiling

[car- http://weheartit.com/entry/36200856/via/eminaribicka_1D]

His offer for a ride caused my cheeks to redden--for the umpteenth time, but hey, who's counting? "Are you sure? I don't want to be an inconvenience. It's not that dark and I live close enough to be home in like twenty minutes," I began to explain though Colton ignored me as he grabbed his keys and held the door open for me. I sighed in defeat, and followed him silently as I held my school items close. Once we made it off to his car, my jaw dropped in shock at his gorgeous car. His Audi gleamed underneath the sun--which was go to set in an hour or two. "How on Earth can you afford a car like that on a teacher's salary?" I joked, opening the door for myself before Colton tried to chivalrous.

Once in the car, I placed on my seat-belt and reality settle in. I was in the car of my English teacher--whom I met only today and already had a crush on. Guess this move wasn't so bad afterall...

Colton smiled when she blushed once again and he had seen that plenty of times today but what did he care he thought she looked cute when she blushed and loved it on her. "Yeah i'm sure, twenty minutes is still long i'm not letting you walk on your own Ariela, of something happened to you then i would feel guilty because i never gave you a lift, at least you can trust me" he said and held the door open for her and keys in his hand and gave her a smile as she sighed and he locked the classroom door before going out to his car and laughed at her reaction "This is my baby, beauty huh?" he asked smiling as he ran his fingers over the hood of the car "I wasn't always a teacher that's why, i used to be a marine, in the army and i used to risk my life pretty much and i got really badly injuried and they wouldn't let me back in, i got paid for that, yeah it wasn't a lot but i saved it a lot i didn't want the money i just wanted to fight for this country" he said looking at her with a smile "And when i got better i went back to university and got into being an english teacher" he said

He got into the car himself and put the keys into the ignition "But also my parents when they split, my mum got really bad and depressed, i was 16 at the time and my dad gave me money to help my mum get better and to fend for myself pretty much and instead of using it i saved it, my mum was my main consern"

As he spoke of his past I hung to every word. Intently listening, I began to like him even more. He was a man of depth, and that was hard to find in a world like this. "I'm so sorry about your parents, I don't know what I'd do if my parents split up," I murmured quietly, not knowing what to do. I felt the conversation suddenly took a bad turn because of my comment of his salary--which was something entirely rude to mention. Ashamed, I let my eyes fall down to my lap. I licked my lips, and stammered as I tried to change the subject. "W-what made you decide to teach English?" I asked quietly, while playing with my thumbs. "Make a left," I murmured as he drove out of the school parking lot.

As we drove, my phone began to vibrate in my back pocket. I took it out and noticed I had three text messages. Two of them were from my eldest brother, and the third from my youngest brother. 'Where are the cookies?' one said, while the other two asked if I'd be home anytime soon. Aw, they missed me. My brothers wouldn't say it, but they yearned for normalcy as much as I did. They weren't used to not knowing people. Our old neighborhood we knew well. The neighbors knew us as the crazy family who knew nothing about birth control. My eldest brother, Demetri, had a toddler and a second child on the way at only the age of nineteen.

Colton knew that Ariela was listening to everything he said about what he had done before and how he helped his mum get better and made her come first before he did. He nodded his head at what Ariela said "No one wants to see their parents split up Ariela, it's not a nice thing to experience but stay strong and you get through it" he said softly and could tell she felt bad for asking him now and noticed her playing with her thumbs and he put a hand on her gently "Don't worry about asking me Ariela, i trust you to keep it between us" he said and took his hand away "Erm, i just always had a thing for English, i was good at it in school and i just thought it was right for me" he said smiling and took the left when she asked him to

He carried on driving and noticed Ariela on her phone and he didn't say anything as he drove with the directions that Ariela had given him to her house and would just guess that it was one of her brothers seeing as she had a lot of them and well he had two older sisters and the oldest had a young daughter but then what could he say, he hadn't exactly told Ariela that he had a three year old son that he saw at the weekends mainly and sometimes during the week but it depends

[thought i would add sort of a twist with him having a son]

"If you can't see, that's my house up the street," I murmured with a nervous chuckle. I wasn't ashamed of my family, I never would be—not even if the President said they were a disgrace I would still love them. It's just…they are a tad much. I mean, c'mon. I come from a family of ten, and my parents are young parents…and their influence was extremely strong on all of us. Most of my brothers had steady girlfriend whom were completely whipped while my two eldest both had children. Demetri and Adyn—fraternal twins, and the oldest of us all—are much alike, though they handle things differently. Demetri would rather get physical, whereas Adyn would rather talk it out (more like yell). Demetri's daughter, is my God-daughter and is beyond adorable (of course she is, she's related to me) and his other baby is on the way. We're pretty sure it's a girl, and he had decided to name all of his kids after jewels and gems. The first one is Garnett and the next one on the way is soon to be named Emerald. Adyn's first child is—go figure—a girl as well. Her name is Wynter, and his next child [also soon on the way, closer than Demetri's second] will be hopefully named Pyre.

And that's only the first pair of twins.

The next set, are the triplets: Jayce, Elijah, and Cloud. They don't have any kids—yet. I have a feeling they would break the news on us in about a week or so. They each have a thing for music. Elijah's voice makes the Angels weep, Jayce is good with mixing songs, while Cloud can play almost every instrument.

The second set consists of Luan, Lukas, and Remy—the three of the four who go to school with me. Luan and Lukas are heartbreakers, though they are soon to fall in love. It's the 'Ruiz Curse', or so my mother said. Usually around the third or fourth year of high school each of the Ruiz boys have fallen for a girl so hard that they would do anything for. Even take a bullet—which my father did (another different story entirely).

Then there's Drayke, the youngest of the boys though he makes sure to let everyone know his name. He is out-going, loving, and the one closest to me (which means a lot). He paints, like some of us do as well, and is probably the most fun-loving one out of all of us.

And last but not least…me. I write, sing, and dance a bit here and there. I am my mother's child, being quiet is a rarity for the both of us, and we are there to help the people we love the most wherever, whenever. And also, we fall for men we both usually can't have. (Again, another different story)

"You can just pull up," I murmured as I noticed Garnett running around in the front porch with a bubble-maker in her hand as Demetri ran after her with a smile on his lips. His fiancé was watching from the front porch, a hand on top of her growing baby bump. Wynter was playing with chalk on the driveway, drawing a stick-figure of a posing Remy in front of her. The scene was something I was used to.

Colton looked straight ahead with a smile, he didn't realise that Ariela actually lived so close to his parents house where his younger sister lived who was 17 and a teen mum, he spent a lot of time looking after her three year old toddler and was 14 when she got pregnant and because his two older sisters didn't want to look after the baby he had been since no one else would and the boy didn't want anything to do with his sister at all so had stepped up as a sort of Dad and even got called Daddy by the three year old boy.

Colton's older sister- Lily was 25 and she was married with a new guy recently, she looked similar to Colton and had the same colour hair and similar sort of personality as him but never was a user like he was and had been with her husband since she was 20.

The second oldest was his other sister- Emma and she was 24, all the older siblings where close to eachother as they where close to age with only a year apart, Emma was engaged and planning her wedding with her Fiance

Then you had Colton himself who was 23 and the only guy out the siblings and was very protective of his two older sisters and most protective of his younger sister Ellie who was just 17 and a teen mum

Ellie was 17 years of age, the youngest and also a teen mum to a three year old, she was 14 when she got pregnant with her son- Jacob but she wouldn't dare get rid of him because she thought it would be easy being a mum but was proven wrong, with still having to go to school, the sleepless nights and everything else that her grades began to drop in school and was thankful when her older brother stepped in and took Jacob to his a lot and looked after him when he could and was like a dad to him.

Colton looked out the window with a smile as he pulled up at the cute sight of two girls playing "Them two young ones your nieces?" he asked smiling and stopped the car "It's fine anyway, i need to pick someone up anyway that is down the road" he said smiling as he got out of the car and went to the boot where he got Jacob's carseat out and fixed it into the back seat

Status
Not open for further replies.