Leionas: City Born of Dragon SignUps

• Thread starter HelloBeautifulChild
  • Start date
@Alexa, no worries, it'l be harder to jump in as time goes on but we can work it out.

I had a quick question, @HelloBeautifulChild. So, since Jamie (@Ace) is the military representative, would that mean that Jamie is like Rist's and anybody-else-who-is-in-the-military's boss? Or is just simply there for the government?
I'm just a little confused because some of the other roleplays I did in the summer that had a military had different jobs that the military representative did. (If that makes sense >.<, basically the previous roleplays I did threw off my definition of 'military representative', so blame them. lol.) Should Rist have a high respect towards Jamie or will she have no connection?

@MissChoco Jamie (@Ace) runs the military, it's part of what he was elected to do. No other positions in the military are elected though, so while he has final word he also has to be careful not to piss off his voters too much if he wants to get elected again. So Rhist would respect Jamie, or have to show it, but since Jamie's position is very political, he may not agree with him. Do you get what I'm saying? Like how if Obama came to your house, you'd be nice to him, even if you disagreed.

• Thank You
Reactions: 1 person
Just to share my two-cents (and if it helps at all), I also interpreted "representative" a little more literally. To keep with the American President metaphor, both essentially have goals in doing things for their people, so while Jamie makes things run smoothly, I also envisioned him as being someone who signs off on papers and sees projects and goals go through (not necessarily laws, but, say, more efficient checks during trade seasons, a higher standard of efficiency and quality among peacekeepers, added protection to certain areas of Leionas should something potentially dangerous or terrorist in nature occur, ect.)

Of course I could be wrong xD; But since the primary concern of the Military Representative is protecting the people, and since this is a political position, I couldn't help but imagine this job have it's fair share of goal-oriented opinions along with standard procedure. ^^

Just to share my two-cents (and if it helps at all), I also interpreted "representative" a little more literally. To keep with the American President metaphor, both essentially have goals in doing things for their people, so while Jamie makes things run smoothly, I also envisioned him as being someone who signs off on papers and sees projects and goals go through (not necessarily laws, but, say, more efficient checks during trade seasons, a higher standard of efficiency and quality among peacekeepers, added protection to certain areas of Leionas should something potentially dangerous or terrorist in nature occur, ect.)

Of course I could be wrong xD; But since the primary concern of the Military Representative is protecting the people, and since this is a political position, I couldn't help but imagine this job have it's fair share of goal-oriented opinions along with standard procedure. ^^
You've got it, just like I have always imagined *eyes tear in pride*

@Ace, @firejay1, @MissChoco, and @SereneDeity

Hey everyone, I did my first GM post from the outside, what do you all think? I chose the 'special' power based upon your character sheets and what you've rp-ed so far. Ethan (@SereneDeity) doesn't have a 'special' power yet because he's still only 16, sorry but this is a post puberty thing so you've gotto be at least 20 for it to be determined yet.

Everyone, let me know what you think. :)

I think it was cool! I liked it and I particularly liked Lilica's powers. A little curious about the GM, though. :D

Well as far as the guy narrating the post, you'll find him later. I personally like him, but as far as the characters....

Anyway I'm happy you liked what I chose for Lilicia (@firejay1) because she was the one I was having the hardest time figuring out. :)

So Jamie's special power is other's powers basically?

Not quite, here's a long explanation that I think will make better sense.

People use magic and 'have' more of it in general in this universe by their ability to tap into the magic around them. That's what makes our characters different, they actually possess their own magic. Since it is their own, it has a 'personality' to match theirs. Hence Mary, my character, having the best ability to control her magic, it's the most malleable. She's the most structured of the group. Your character, Jamie, draws a lot of his power from those around him. I did this because your character is a lot like a musical director with your proud, trusting much of it to others but still overall directing. This means that he is the foil to James, instead of giving power to others, controlling their moods and such, he takes it. He has magic within him, but uses it to better control the magic around him. He has the best connection to outside magic. Like, when you sense a person behind you and your hairs stand up? he would be like super hair stand up guy. If he meets the guy I narrated as he would sense his magic as different first, and same with any of the other characters because he connects to the magic.

Does that make sense? Let me know if not, I can explain it some other way.

I think I understand it, so his special power is the ability to draw magic from others? He can acquire it elsewhere than just within?

Well, he doesn't take the magic from others, as magic is not finite and it is simply the ability to use it. He uses the magic he has within him to connect to the magic outside. They call all use any sort of magic, just inherently use the magic in them. He is connected to magic. It's more than just using it or having it in him, he is connected to it. Like when Katara takes the water from the plants around her to water bend in Avatar. The exception is that magic is unlimited and untanagable.

Ah, I know it's super confusing. *Thinks of way to explain.* He uses his magic to control the magic around him. Like the difference between a wizard and a bender. A wizard controls his magic, a bender connects to the world around them.

No, no, you're doing fine! xD This is all very helpful, I promise

Jamie's power is to control the magic in his environment, I get it now. Does that mean essentially Jamie can move it around? Hypothetically, could he draw in magic into a condensed spot, or thin the magic in a particular area?

Kind of. He could prevent someone from using it, if they didn't have their own, by almost claiming dibbs on it. Since he's better connected to the magic around him, he wouldn't tire doing spells and could do spells that impacted a much greater area. He would also sense what magic was doing around him. He can also attack using pure magic, something that once he masters will be useful at future plot points. He could also funnel the magic to someone or away. Also, he can stop a spell almost instantaneously. This will be harder, of course, for spells that use an individual persons magic.

AWESOME okay I get it, thank you! And if it wasn't obvious, I'm really into it, and excited with what I can work with now xD I'll ask you more questions if they come, but I think I have a good grasp!