Leionas: City Born of Dragon SignUps

• Thread starter HelloBeautifulChild
  • Start date
No....? You're good to go, posting is good for everyone at this point.

I noticed at the top of your IC post, you added the date and time that the post is taking place. I went ahead and did that as well, but is that something we should be doing each IC post?

Can I add a few layers to the Dresiden religion?

@Talia , I'm gonna need you to reply to the IC, I put it up last Friday and at the end of the week if you haven't replied I'm going to take your character out. (DEADLINE: This Friday, December 26, 2014 at 3PM EST) I understand you might have some IRL responsibilities, and I hope there hasn't been some sort of emergency. In the future if you aren't going to be able to reply for a little while please let us know.

The link is here.

@Ace, @MissChoco, @Talia, @SereneDeity, and @firejay1 important question. Could you all tell me your RP-ing schedules? Like when you know you'll be on and such. I don't want to introduce large plot points when people can't get on. Also, a couple of us have multiple characters and we all need to make sure to introduce by the end of the week.

Also, no-one added the top secret thing into their initial rp, as directed in the rules on the IC. It's nothing major in that but it is something you need to know so I'll start deleting your next post if it doesn't have the top secret part of it in it. ((I hate to be such a hard-ass but it's important that you know the two sentences I added to the rules in that section.))

I TOTALLY READ IT AND FORGOT TO PUT IT IN MY POST WHEN I WAS EDITING IT AND I FORGOT MORE GDI it's in my current post now at least it gave me something to write about than a couple of sentences. xD;

My online schedule really only depends on what I'm doing IRL. Rather than bore you with all the intimate details, here's a pretty good idea of my activity until the 6th

• Mondays through Fridays & Sundays I'm completely schedule free, so if I see a roleplay response, I'll be able to respond to it pretty quickly (sometimes it boils down to if I even see it, but I always have the tab open, so I will certainly see it eventually)
  • Saturdays I'm free until 6 PM EST (I watch movies weekly with my friend on that day)
  • Wednesdays and Sundays, starting 8 PM EST, once the holidays are over, are taken up by my DND campaign; I'm joining a second one soon, but I think those will be on Fridays, I'll update you when I get more information ^^ It probably still won't be until late in the evening anyway, so the rest of the day Friday I will be able to post
January 6th is when my winter semester at college starts, and my schedule is mainly composed of Tuesdays and Thursdays from 9PM to 3 PM; I can post on those days after 3, and in fact I have about 2 hours to kill until my dad picks me up after classes, so I'll do my best to sneak in at least one post. On those days I'm usually fairly tired (school can be exhausting), so when I get home I like to wind down and go to bed early. During the semester, depending on how much homework I have or how busy I am, I should be able to post on Wednesdays, but sometimes those are crunch days because I might have work due Thursday that was assigned Tuesday (hopefully that makes sense), and since most of my classes are English-based, I'll probably be writing and those can take up some time, so if I don't post on Wednesdays I'll make it up on Thursday or over the weekend.

But yeah! The only days that I can foresee as me being unavailable the rest of my break is today at 5 PM, tomorrow at 6 PM, Christmas Day so Wednesday (I don't know when, but I'll be posting until I have to leave and post when I can), and Saturday at 6 PM (all EST)

After this week, which I imagine is pretty busy for most people anyway, I'm pretty much free Monday-Friday & Sunday from when I wake up to when I decide to go to bed.

My schedule's really uncertain for now. Once school starts I will be AWOL on Monday, and before midterms. For now, though, Sunday mornings are the only no-goes for me.

@Ace, lol, it's cool, you got it in so all is well. I'm assuming Jamie will be re-running? As far as your schedule, sound's good.

@firejay1 Good good, I'm not a morning person on the weekend's anyway. xD

My own schedule is kind of wishy washy as I work Mon-Fri 8-5/6:30 but I can almost always RP during the day. Nights past 8 are my dead time, and I'll have Tues/Thurday night classes and a Sat morning class (this one is an easy A and I'll prob RP during...). I'll try and post every two so that I can keep up/keep the RP going and plot things. I will be getting my wisdom teeth out hopefully ASAP and I'd rather not have access to internet for the first little bit- I shouldn't be digitally responsible for my actions while I'm that drugged. I'll let you guys know though, and who knows, maybe I won't be that drugged up.

So far it seems that everyone is free with the exceptions of Tues/Thurs before 3 (@Ace), Tues/Thurs from 4:30-6P (Me), and Sunday mornings (@firejay1).

Reactions: firejay1
Sounds about right! My friends also have a tendency to suddenly ask me to spend time with them, but it's pretty random and can happen whenever, I think once the semester starts it's more likely to happen on Saturdays. I usually have at least a day or two notice, so if it happens, I'll be sure to share ^^

(the reason I remembered is because a friend of mine just invited me to a New Years thing, so mark me off as busy next Wednesday xD;)

Yeah, I plan to have him rerun, I think he likes his job so he'll run again. ^^

Tell the dentist "I don't want to feel anything but I have a very important roleplay to direct after this." I'm sure they'll understand. ;P

Exactly, I'm sure they don't need that much to take out four impacting teeth that haven't even broken out of their gums yet....

And what do they teach dentists at dentist school anyway? How to be sub-par?

Pffft. If they insist on doing it by traditional methods like my dentist and say things like "we can't do that", "magical tooth teleportation doesn't exist", "it's not medically realistic", just do what I did and make exaggerated statements about the quality of the interior design. They'll throw you out in no time, and you can find a real dentist's office.

LOL, I actually have been kicked out of a dentists before because I insisted they removed my cavities without the needles. They did it, but I was not allowed to return. My mom's still pissed about that, and I'm 18!

xD That's really coincidental, I'm surprised they kicked you out for it? I thought applying anesthesia without needles was a pretty common request, why would they make it so you're not allowed to return?

Well they had minor topical stuff, but it was for the needles. I don't like shots and stuff, like pathological fear type deal, and absolutely refused it. Apparently it was unsafe for them to do without pain meds? I'm not too sure on the details, I was in middle school at the time.

Different people now, and I'll be asleep before the needles so all is well. :)

? I didn't know they could give you anesthesia without the needles, and if they did, I somehow get the feeling it wouldn't be very safe... maybe they kicked you out because they didn't want to get issues with patients who refused to deal with needles and then had a complication because of it, such as an incomplete knock-out or more pain they were expecting, that led to a lawsuit. Haha. I take it you're never going to donate blood or get a bloodtest or an IV, then.

Nope, no blood donor, no bloodtest, and IV's, I hate them, ugh, the pain! I had a severe migraine about a month ago and had to go to the ER- I was so drugged and scared, almost $1000 and my migraine wasn't even cured! (Which was my fault for saying it was fine so they'd take the IV out...)

As much as I;m enjoying this convo about my hate of needles (no sarcasm), I've gotto drive home now. Well, my mom's first, I should be on before 10P EST.

See ya!

Reactions: firejay1
I know people who hate needles too, and you can get alternate methods for numbing. I've heard of a gel they put on your gums, there's also an IV, not to mention "happy gas", which are usually more expensive I think? Not sure about the gel, the other two are but they willingly give it for people who ask.

Good night! Sorry to bring this all up

lol, It's not a bad memory or anything. :)

Character Sheets

• f654e9086747e1ec3aad7a7c85836b34.jpg

(Photo Link)
    @HelloBeautifulChild
    Name: Mary Adams
    Birthday: July 20, 5059
    Looks: She has thick brown hair with bangs and lgiht curls. The thick hair frames a small face with chestnut eyes and pink lips. She keeps a clean and neat appearace at all times. She is also very feminine. She is 5'4" and always wears flat shoes.
    She wears dresses and has one pair of boots that she charms to match her clothing. When winter comes she wears thick tights.
    The only odd part about her is her small nose, slightly messed up from a fight she got into her last year of primary school. Most people don't notice or ignore it, as her eyes usually take the attention away.
    Occupation: Researcher at Library, Specialization: Dragons and Magical History She occasionally does freelance work for those who need higher magic done.
    Education: Mary has a degree in Magical History from the college of Magic. She also works with the Wicciah church frequently.
    Housing: She lives at the southern end of Hamilton Mill around a bunch of other 20-somethings that have moved out of their parents homes and/or Lawrenceville.
    Religion: Wicciah
    Family: Her mother and father are mages, both Class 2. She also has a younger brother(Jones) who is only 15.
    Biography: Mary is one of many 'Children of the Church', children born of two mages that were raised within the church. She was a 'rebellious' child though, and did not live a sheltered life as much as the others. She was always good in school, despite her 'rebellion', so it was no shock when she went into the researching program at the library. Her family is very proud of her, as these are coveted positions. She is looking to leave this, however, and get into Leionas' political system.

• @MissChoco
    Name: Rist Shiromori
    Birthday: Feburary 19th
    Looks: [Example 1] [Example 2] Her looks based off of Blake from RWBY, except she doesn't have the bow and her outfit is more fit for the Leionas environment/job. Only her facial appearance is based off of Blake, and her personality and clothes are only slightly similar. She has long, slightly waivy, black hair with faintly cut bangs. She is around 5'7". She naturally has an uninterested and unimpressed expression despite the fact that is actually quite happy and cheerful. She isn't very feminine, but she isn't a tomboy either. She wears a tight black tanktop and tight black leggings under a small white vest during the warm seasons. During the colder seasons, she normally charms her vest to have longer sleeves and thicker material, and she sometimes rarely adds a fur skirt if the temperature is too cold. She uses the same 1 inch high boots which go about 5 inches above her ankle, ending in a cuff, no matter what the season. The only reason she normally wears such "skin-hugging" material is to allow her a better range of movement so she doesn't have to worry about random parts of her clothes going all over the place.
    Occupation: Military. She has a lot of talent and patience in guarding the government plaza, and is a guard at the check-in points during the trading times if necessary. She normally isn't the leader and isn't usually the first person people go to, but she always keeps working harder to try to become the most trusted. Also, because she always wanted to be a teacher but her strict parents never let her, she loves to teach new military people in any free time she gets.
    Education: She has a normal 'commoners' education with a little special emphasis on magical fighting. She went to the normal non-religious Leionas schools. She has a degree in magical combat.
    Housing: She lives with her parents in the middle of the Leionas Military Base.
    Religion: Agnostic
    Family: She is an only-child. Both of her parents are in the military as well, but they normally do not work at the same times nor in the same places so they don't see each other often. Because of this, her parents were strict and harsh about making sure she joined the military (for whatever reasons the parents have for making their kids have the same job as them), and never at all were supportive of her original dream of being a teacher. Her and her parents have a tense relationship, and even though it's not complete love, it's not complete hate either. They'll care for each other if they really need to, though it's rare and awkward.
    Biography: Rist had a mostly sheltered life growing up, and her strict parents allowed for no messing around and for no grades to be below average. Because of her parent's strict ways, she never easily trusts people for fear that they may push her too far, but is always trying to fix this. She was never good at socializing as she grew up with no friends because she had to focus on her grades 24/7. Now that she is a good amount of years above 16, she is constantly trying to find ways to fix her uneasiness and amerature socialization.

• @SereneDeity
    Name: Ethan Ralston
    Looks
    : Here - Ethan has messy, unkempt brown hair that goes down to his neck. His eyes are a deep green, the color of the forest. He is fairly scrawny for his age, and hasn't built up much muscle over his years. His clothes are usually nothing special, just a plain shirt and shorts and sometimes a simple jacket.
    Birthday: August 2nd, 5076
    Occupation: Nurse at local hospital, in training to become a doctor
    Education: Ethan was enrolled at Leionas Primary School, and now that he is of age, he is working at a hospital learning to become a healer.
    Housing: He lives with his adoptive parents in Hamilton Mill.
    Religion: Atheist
    Family: Ethan never really knew his parents. Ethan has been raised by the Ralstons, who were friends of his parents. Ethan has no brothers or sisters, neither related to him nor of the Ralstons. The Ralstons own a bakery, which Ethan has helped in nearly his entire life. The Ralstons are atheists, although many wicciahs live around them.
    Biography: When Ethan was only an infant, he was left on the doorstep of the Ralstons. He only ever learned bits and pieces of his real parents; they were apparently mages at one point, but for unknown reasons could not keep Ethan, and left him to the Ralstons. However, after the day they left Ethan, they were never seen again, at least not by the Ralstons. Ethan was graciously accepted by the Ralstons, and has grown up with them as if they were his own parents. He's helped attend to the bakery since he was little, and has learned a thing or two about baking.
    When Ethan was old enough, he was enrolled in Leionas Primary School, as his adoptive parents wanted him to have a good education and be successful in life. Only a couple years back, Ethan's magical talent was discovered. He was attempting to bake bread on his own for the third time (the last attempts had resulted in something not quite like bread), and was finally confident. However, when he pulled that bread out of the oven, it was charred black, and seemed like the opposite of edible. Ethan was so angry that he slammed his fists down on the table, and when he did, all of the windows in the front of the shop shattered! After that, Ethan's extraordinary magical talent was noticed by a hospital on the edge of the district. They offered him a spot as a nurse, and to teach him healing magic all the while, until he could become a healer. Ethan accepted graciously, and once he turned 16 (which happened about 10 days ago), he started working as a nurse at the hospital. He is currently being taught healing magic in private by a healer there.

• Looks:
    misuzu_kusakabe___11_eyes__by_gara1800-d6b2a3k.jpg
    72054.jpg

@firejay1
    Name
    : Lilica Mason
    Birthday: September 20th, 5061
    Education: Nothing beyond a primary school religious education.
    Housing: Hamilton Mill
    Religion: Dresiden
    Family: She no longer keeps up with them after having run away from home, and lives alone.
    Biography: Growing up with two very strongly Dresiden parents, she was horrified to find herself gradually showing bursts of strong magic. She rejected her abilities and locked them away as best she could, but since she never properly learned how to control them, they kept just showing up at random times and her parents, and schoolmates, found out. Her parents began treating her like she was possessed by a devil, and all her friends abandoned her. She got bullied, too. Finally, when she was 10, she'd had enough, and ran away from home. Her parents have never once come looking for her. She ran off to Hamilton Mill, where a hunter by the name of Daniel Mason took pity on her and took care of her, teaching her how to hunt. She took his last name and essentially became his surrogate daughter. He died two years ago. Since she is used to being judged for her magic, she still keeps it relatively under wraps and is self-conscious and anxious around other people, most comfortable being alone in the hills, but it does get lonely for her, too.

• Looks:
    9x02-HQ-sam-winchester-35759821-2000-3000.jpg

@HelloBeautifulChild
    Name: James Touche
    Birthday: January 12, 5050
    Education: Highest Degree (Mastery Degree) from the Leionas School of Politics
    Housing: Mid- Hamilton Mill
    Family: James has a full and big family, grown from 2 big families . He also has a large friend base. (What else would you expect from a major politician?) He is very close to his family, even his 'Black Sheep' little Brother Michael.
    • Mother: Heather Touche, 57 years old, Mage (Class 2)
    • Father: John Touche, 59 years old, Mage (Class 1, Mage Representative)
    • Older Brother: John Jr Touche, 33 years old, Mage (Class 3)
    • Younger Brother: Michael Touche, 28 years old, Tattoo Shop Owner (Mike's Magical Tattoos)
    • Younger Sister: Susan Touche, 23 years old, Mage (Class 3)
    • Wife: Jennifer Touche, 31 years old, Stay at home, 'retired' seamstress for the Wicciah Church
    • Daughter: Jenny Touche, 7 years old, full time student at Wicciah school
    • Son: Samuel Touche, 3 years old, full time toddler

Biography: James is a 'family guy' politician, and has always been one. He's a charismatic guy who honestly dedicated to Leionas, his favorite city. This is his 5th year at the job, and he is universally loved, winning in a landslide each year. He is hopeful that this years elections, coming up in November, will be the same. He has always worked in Leionas government, gaining an internship during his years in college. He is very connected in the Wicciah church, an active member. He met his wife there, and attends church every Sunday.

• _rwby__jaune_by_haanhaan-d6qzjvx.jpg
    Jaune2A.png

(Alex is also -just like Rist- based off a RWBY character.)
    @MissChoco
    Name: Alex Arc
    Birthday: December 20th
    Looks: He has shaggy, blond hair with well defined yet also not-too-toned muscles (his neck is especially well-toned). He commonly wears brown and orange colors, like his orange t-shirt and brown fingerless gloves. Basically the only pants he has are about a dozen of the same blue jeans, which most people view as weird. He switches his shoes from orange sneakers to brown boots every so often. He has dark blue eyes, and whenever he gets too nervous, his eyes can change to a light blue. (Science note: Eyes IRL normally do tend to change tones a lot because of variation in blood pressure, even though you probably already knew that, I was just making sure it didn't seem like I was making my character 'oh-so-obnoxiously-special'. **The more you know~**) He has quite a narrow face as well, which fits with his broad shoulders and height of 5'9". Despite his strong appearance, he can be sensitive and overly caring. He is a big worrier and is only trying to please everyone.
    Occupation: Shop owner. However, he is very eager to be in the military, which is why that he studies hard and uses basically all of his free time for practicing for the military. He doesn't have the complete training to be in the military though, which is why he has to stick with running his own shop for profit until he can someday gain the correct knowledge to join. He sells normal everyday items in his shop, like food and toiletries, which he normally gets from his grandmother whenever she gets supplies in bulk from the merchants that come in during the trading months.
    Education: He doesn't have a special education at all. He never had an emphasis on learning about any certain topic until he decided that he wanted to be in the military after his last year in high school. He was in college for learning how to fight and aid (mainly for wars or whatever), until he had to drop out after only his first year in order to help his grandmother.
    Housing: Hamilton Mill
    Family & Biography: His mother died while giving birth to him, and his father died of cancer when Alex was only 5. His grandmother (who is around 80 years old) took him in to live at her shop with him, where he worked as an assistant in the shop until he was 15. At 15, his grandmother became extremely ill, meaning Alex had to completely take over the shop and own it. Thankfully, his grandmother's illness never affected his high school education. A few years later after he finished high school, he got the idea that being in the military would mean he was going to be able to take care of his grandmother better, so he started focusing on that dream. During his first year of college his grandmother started to become so weak that she couldn't move too much on her own. So in order to run the shop (which is their only source of income, meaning they're quite poor) and take care of his grandma, he had to drop out of college. Now, he manages to take care of the shop and his grandmother, while using all of his free time to practice his fighting for the military. Other than going to meet the merchants that come into town, his grandmother never leaves her bed unless it's for food, water, or the bathroom.

Also, as an extra note on his grandmother: She doesn't need 24/7 assistance, meaning Alex isn't completely tied to the shop in order to help her. His grandma is stubborn and strong, so she is still able to stand up and walk around for about 10 or 20 minutes until she becomes too sore. Also, Alex's grandmother isn't that important. Depending on the plot, she'll probably only interact with Alex about 2 or 3 times. This is what she looks like, anyways:
    Blossom_Happy.png

• Looks: Like this, except clean shaven (of course), and shorter hair. Jamie is tall, I would say a safe 5'10", and has a brand of sleek to his frame, with the exception of his shoulders, which are more broad. He inherited his height and shoulders from his father, but his unfortunately curly hair from his mother. Jamie has blue eyes, also from his mother, and a natural tan to his skin, especially after long hours spent serving in the military. His brown hair is usually kept short for both appearances and management's sake, and likewise, his clothes are almost always kept neat and clean. He's about as muscular as you would expect from someone who went through military training.
    @Ace
    Name: Jamie Williamson! (don't be fooled, I did not pick Jamie Dornan's aesthetic because they share the same name... I'm pretty sure anyway, like 90% certain)
    Age: Twenty-seven! Also I feel like I need to try my best to prove I'm not a crazed Jamie Dornan fan now.
    Birthday: Definitely not May 1st! *nervous laughter* Actually, I've probably never created a character that is so much a winter birthday. I'm going with December 19th, 5055 (a Wednesday).
    Occupation: Military Representative, that's what it says on the label anyway. I'm going to pretend Jamie Dornan didn't play a sheriff in a TV show.
    Education: Jamie Williamson went to Leionas Primary School, where he eventually learned of other jobs and began to dream. It was his goal to learn how to perform magic once he learned most military officials used and utilized it. When discussion of furthering his education came, Jamie already knew what he wanted as a job and out of his life (it was the dream that never died), and Jamie is very hardworking and goal-oriented, so he got his voice out and spoke with any and all military officials living in Hamilton Mill (where he lived with his family) in order to get sponsors, guaranteed jobs, things along those lines. He went to Lawrenceville and was put into training as a soldier, by the time he graduated, he served for a set time, under specification by his sponsor, then he was in a high office doing menial work, but under a sort of apprenticeship. (more on that below~)
    Housing: When he was younger and before he started working officially for the military, he lived with his family in Hamilton Mill, but as of now he lives in a different home in the same place. It was a difficult decision to move out, but after his sister left, he realized he did not want to stay with his parents without the rest of his family, so he ultimately left anyway.
    Religion: Both of his parents are a strange breed of Atheists. They don't hate magic per-se, they just don't use it and prefer it that way; similarly, they don't have any beliefs in deities. Jamie, on the other hand, leans far Wiccian. I would say he is devout, but it's more like casual unwavering belief. He picks up the idea that there is no deity that interacts with his day-to-day life from his parents, but since Wicciah guidelines follow the same line of thought, and since Jamie is almost certain magic is not an inherently "natural" phenomena, he has roots firmly placed in the Wicciah church. He visits every so often, and openly donates money every Hallows.
    Family: Jamie's family consists of four--his parents, him, and his sister. His parents were along in their life, his mother in her late 30s or so, before they had his older sister, Rose. Jamie was close with all of his family members, he felt they were people who would always support him no matter what and they did that on numerous occasions. He trusted his family and so he shared a lot with his family. It was a very mutual and safe environment. Rose and Jamie in particular were very close. Rose is the sort of girl who is equal parts protective and aggressive. She loved her little brother and would have defended him to the end. She didn't coddle him or shield him in any way, because Jamie was never the sort that needed protecting. Rose eventually went off to be in politics, mostly involved in economics. Both of Jamie's parents were government workers, but mostly assistants, librarians; they've juggled several jobs in their lifetime.
    Biography: As a child, Jamie lived in a small house with his sister, about two years older, and his parents. The house was exactly that color of old, worn, and cozy. There were two rooms, one for his parents, and one for Jamie and his sister. There was also a single, full bathroom, and a living room connected to the kitchen with only a change in floor from carpet to tile as separation. Rose was an active participant in her schoolwork and did wonderful. Jamie was sometimes blinded by his goals, but he still did very well. As mentioned before, his parents juggled jobs in their lifetime, always different circumstances. His father was an assistant most of the time, while his mother had a lengthy spell as a librarian. Rose read frequently in her life, and as she grew older, read more and more non-fiction. She prided herself on reading biographies as well as how things work (the Willamson's aren't sure when it started, but Rose got quite good at fixing tiny breaks). Jamie just focused on school work mostly.
    Before going to Lawrenceville, he managed to get a sponsor in strange circumstances. He spoke with every military official he could get his hands on, even the Military Representative of the time, which was never his main job goal in the first place. The Military Representative thought he was a dreamer. His assistant, however, saw very much in him. He explained to Jamie that, if he really wanted to work for the military, he would follow a set of agreed instructions spanning over several years. They would sponsor him in his secondary education so long as he paid them back with hard work, and if all went well, he could be a high ranking officer (his initial dream) in no time. His training and education took time, but Jamie knew that time could easily mean results. After recruitment, he served his time, and received word from his sponsor(s) that they wanted to talk with him about a different opportunity, which would mean time once more spent training for a work of a different kind. They explained he could either take a chance and run for Representative, which would mean if he lost he could return to previous work, or not take the chance at all. The entirety of the campaign was a blur of anxiety for him, he isn't the most social, or the most charismatic, but he's very smart and had a lot of help from his sponsors. After the voting and discovery of his election, he mostly just remembers celebrating with his family.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Ace and MissChoco