Leionas: City Born of Dragon SignUps

• Thread starter HelloBeautifulChild
  • Start date
I can also make another character if I need to, but to me it looks like I don't need to, unless we need THAT MUCH of a majority of Wicciah. Anyways, everyone's characters look great, and I'm excited to begin the RP whenever it's ready!

Leionas on Saturday, August 12, 5082
Looks
:
9x02-HQ-sam-winchester-35759821-2000-3000.jpg

Name: James Touche
Birthday: January 12, 5050
Education: Highest Degree (Mastery Degree) from the Leionas School of Politics
Housing: Mid- Hamilton Mill
Religion: Wicciah
Family: James has a full and big family, grown from 2 big families . He also has a large friend base. (What else would you expect from a major politician?) He is very close to his family, even his 'Black Sheep' little Brother Michael.
  • Mother: Heather Touche, 57 years old, Mage (Class 2)
  • Father: John Touche, 59 years old, Mage (Class 1, Mage Representative)
  • Older Brother: John Jr Touche, 33 years old, Mage (Class 3)
  • Younger Brother: Michael Touche, 28 years old, Tattoo Shop Owner (Mike's Magical Tattoos)
  • Younger Sister: Susan Touche, 23 years old, Mage (Class 3)
  • Wife: Jennifer Touche, 31 years old, Stay at home, 'retired' seamstress for the Wicciah Church
  • Daughter: Jenny Touche, 7 years old, full time student at Wicciah school
  • Son: Samuel Touche, 3 years old, full time toddler

Biography: James is a 'family guy' politician, and has always been one. He's a charismatic guy who honestly dedicated to Leionas, his favorite city. This is his 5th year at the job, and he is universally loved, winning in a landslide each year. He is hopeful that this years elections, coming up in November, will be the same. He has always worked in Leionas government, gaining an internship during his years in college. He is very connected in the Wicciah church, an active member. He met his wife there, and attends church every Sunday.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll make another character if you really really need one, but I'll be a bit slow about it.
I can also make another character if I need to, but to me it looks like I don't need to, unless we need THAT MUCH of a majority of Wicciah. Anyways, everyone's characters look great, and I'm excited to begin the RP whenever it's ready!
Well thanks guys! I think we'll be fine, because I just added a character(plus everyone has families). However, we will need merchants for the trading weeks. These will be temporary places that we'll worry about in the future. If you would like to play of of these (anyone, not just these two) then you can mozey as you create them. If you don't I can play them, it's not big.

I think we're good now on characters, as soon as @Talia is able to get back on and approve then I'll put the IC up.

(I'll try to do a male character, but I've only done one other RP as a male and that was quite a while ago, so I don't know how good I'll be. I've also never played two characters at the same time that were a different gender, because y'know, I kinda have to switch personalities to RP different genders so it was just easier to have the 2 characters be the same gender... So yeah, just excuse me if I accidentally RP as Alex too poorly. xD)

_rwby__jaune_by_haanhaan-d6qzjvx.jpg
Jaune2A.png

(Alex is also -just like Rist- based off a RWBY character.)

Name: Alex Arc
Birthday: December 20th
Looks: He has shaggy, blond hair with well defined yet also not-too-toned muscles (his neck is especially well-toned). He commonly wears brown and orange colors, like his orange t-shirt and brown fingerless gloves. Basically the only pants he has are about a dozen of the same blue jeans, which most people view as weird. He switches his shoes from orange sneakers to brown boots every so often. He has dark blue eyes, and whenever he gets too nervous, his eyes can change to a light blue. (Science note: Eyes IRL normally do tend to change tones a lot because of variation in blood pressure, even though you probably already knew that, I was just making sure it didn't seem like I was making my character 'oh-so-obnoxiously-special'. **The more you know~**) He has quite a narrow face as well, which fits with his broad shoulders and height of 5'9". Despite his strong appearance, he can be sensitive and overly caring. He is a big worrier and is only trying to please everyone.
Occupation: Shop owner. However, he is very eager to be in the military, which is why that he studies hard and uses basically all of his free time for practicing for the military. He doesn't have the complete training to be in the military though, which is why he has to stick with running his own shop for profit until he can someday gain the correct knowledge to join. He sells normal everyday items in his shop, like food and toiletries, which he normally gets from his grandmother whenever she gets supplies in bulk from the merchants that come in during the trading months.
Education: He doesn't have a special education at all. He never had an emphasis on learning about any certain topic until he decided that he wanted to be in the military after his last year in high school. He was in college for learning how to fight and aid (mainly for wars or whatever), until he had to drop out after only his first year in order to help his grandmother.
Religion: Wicciah
Housing: Hamilton Mill
Family & Biography: His mother died while giving birth to him, and his father died of cancer when Alex was only 5. His grandmother (who is around 80 years old) took him in to live at her shop with him, where he worked as an assistant in the shop until he was 15. At 15, his grandmother became extremely ill, meaning Alex had to completely take over the shop and own it. Thankfully, his grandmother's illness never affected his high school education. A few years later after he finished high school, he got the idea that being in the military would mean he was going to be able to take care of his grandmother better, so he started focusing on that dream. During his first year of college his grandmother started to become so weak that she couldn't move too much on her own. So in order to run the shop (which is their only source of income, meaning they're quite poor) and take care of his grandma, he had to drop out of college. Now, he manages to take care of the shop and his grandmother, while using all of his free time to practice his fighting for the military. Other than going to meet the merchants that come into town, his grandmother never leaves her bed unless it's for food, water, or the bathroom.

Also, as an extra note on his grandmother: She doesn't need 24/7 assistance, meaning Alex isn't completely tied to the shop in order to help her. His grandma is stubborn and strong, so she is still able to stand up and walk around for about 10 or 20 minutes until she becomes too sore. Also, Alex's grandmother isn't that important. Depending on the plot, she'll probably only interact with Alex about 2 or 3 times. This is what she looks like, anyways:
Blossom_Happy.png
(She's based off of Blossom from the Nintendo game "Rune Factory 4".)

(I don't know how well I followed the guidelines for his character, tell me if I need to change anything or if his grandmother would be too much of a hassle or something.
Also, sorry his character form ended up being kinda long. xD I blame the pictures. I can put the pictures in a separate link to make it more clear, if you want me to.)

(Science note: Eyes IRL normally do tend to change tones a lot because of variation in blood pressure, even though you probably already knew that, I was just making sure it didn't seem like I was making my character 'oh-so-obnoxiously-special'. **The more you know~**)
Lol, I knew by the time I got here I'd love your character, My fathers eye's change color based on emotion, I didn't know the blood pressure reasoning thing so thanks for that.

Overall I like him, it's realistic, and having a Grandmother actually works out really well. Having family ties to the city is imperative to the future.
His grandmother saves all of her energy (and magic energy) for making a two-day trip to other towns for shop supplies every month. Other than the two-day trip, his grandmother never leaves her bed unless it's for food, water, or the bathroom.
Unfortunately, there is a flaw here. Merchants come to town every three months, bringing basically all possible trading items with them. This means there is no need for her to travel anywhere. However, if you want to keep up the trip idea- here are some ideas:
  • She is active with the Wicciah church and goes on a 'Nature' trip with them once a month. This would involve hiking, and considering the Church's connection to magic, a lot of that as well.
  • She insists on visiting family that can't afford/doesn't want to leave somewhere else that they live. (Maybe they were banished from the city for some reason?)
  • She won't tell, but she goes somewhere.
Other than that, Sam Arc is accepted! Let me know if this is all cool and then I'll add him to the character list.

To everyone, once I get home I'll get the IC up. Please give me 2-3 hours. (Though it probably won't take that long.) I'm going to want everyone to interact somehow (interacting with some of James' family is fine). This means friendships, enemies, romances, crushes, etc. Let's start working this out over this form.

Other than that, Sam Arc is accepted!
His name is Alex Arc, by the way. xD
Unfortunately, there is a flaw here. Merchants come to town every three months, bringing basically all possible trading items with them. This means there is no need for her to travel anywhere.
That was actually my original idea to have her get supplies from the merchants; I just changed it just because I didn't know the merchants would bring supplies that he could sell in his shop. I'll change that part back, then. :)

His name is Alex Arc, by the way. xD
See, this is what happens when I try and rp while working.... So sorry, I was thinking Alex, promise! (It's odd I mixed that up, even my name is Alex.)
That was actually my original idea to have her get supplies from the merchants; I just changed it just because I didn't know the merchants would bring supplies that he could sell in his shop. I'll change that part back, then. :)
Yep, they can either sell them only to you, or you do something to them, or you just buy in bulk so that even during the times that the merchants aren't there, you can still buy it. Don't feel bad, I swear I type like 7/8th of what I think.

Reactions: MissChoco
Sorry, I don't mean to rush, but... when will the IC be up?

Oh god, so sorry, this is shameful, my boyfriend destracted me, xD, I'm working now

Reactions: MissChoco
Hey guys, I'm gonna go to sleep, I'll get on in the morning. Have a fabulous night!

I'm really interested in this idea, and I couldn't help but notice you're looking for a few more characters?

I'm relatively new, but I've been roleplaying for almost five years now, so I know the gist of what to do xD; I was hoping I might be able to snag Jamie Williamson, the Military Representative? I think he's still open? I think I can sign up for him?

I read everything as far as IC and OOC so far, but is there anything in particular I need to know about him before signing up? Or about the representatives in general? Sorry if I'm asking a lot of questions, I don't want to mess up xD; (I guarantee I'll ask like 50 more after this) Please nitpick me if you need to when I post my form, you have a well-constructed world and I want to get it canon

Reactions: HelloBeautifulChild
I'm going to assume I don't ^^ But like I said before, feel free to nitpick!

Looks: Like this, except clean shaven (of course), and shorter hair. Jamie is tall, I would say a safe 5'10", and has a brand of sleek to his frame, with the exception of his shoulders, which are more broad. He inherited his height and shoulders from his father, but his unfortunately curly hair from his mother. Jamie has blue eyes, also from his mother, and a natural tan to his skin, especially after long hours spent serving in the military. His brown hair is usually kept short for both appearances and management's sake, and likewise, his clothes are almost always kept neat and clean. He's about as muscular as you would expect from someone who went through military training.
Name: Jamie Williamson! (don't be fooled, I did not pick Jamie Dornan's aesthetic because they share the same name... I'm pretty sure anyway, like 90% certain)
Age: Twenty-seven! Also I feel like I need to try my best to prove I'm not a crazed Jamie Dornan fan now.
Birthday: Definitely not May 1st! *nervous laughter* Actually, I've probably never created a character that is so much a winter birthday. I'm going with December 19th, 5055 (a Wednesday).
Occupation: Military Representative, that's what it says on the label anyway. I'm going to pretend Jamie Dornan didn't play a sheriff in a TV show.
Education: Jamie Williamson went to Leionas Primary School, where he eventually learned of other jobs and began to dream. It was his goal to learn how to perform magic once he learned most military officials used and utilized it. When discussion of furthering his education came, Jamie already knew what he wanted as a job and out of his life (it was the dream that never died), and Jamie is very hardworking and goal-oriented, so he got his voice out and spoke with any and all military officials living in Hamilton Mill (where he lived with his family) in order to get sponsors, guaranteed jobs, things along those lines. He went to Lawrenceville and was put into training as a soldier, by the time he graduated, he served for a set time, under specification by his sponsor, then he was in a high office doing menial work, but under a sort of apprenticeship. (more on that below~)
Housing: When he was younger and before he started working officially for the military, he lived with his family in Hamilton Mill, but as of now he lives in a different home in the same place. It was a difficult decision to move out, but after his sister left, he realized he did not want to stay with his parents without the rest of his family, so he ultimately left anyway.
Religion: Both of his parents are a strange breed of Atheists. They don't hate magic per-se, they just don't use it and prefer it that way; similarly, they don't have any beliefs in deities. Jamie, on the other hand, leans far Wiccian. I would say he is devout, but it's more like casual unwavering belief. He picks up the idea that there is no deity that interacts with his day-to-day life from his parents, but since Wicciah guidelines follow the same line of thought, and since Jamie is almost certain magic is not an inherently "natural" phenomena, he has roots firmly placed in the Wicciah church. He visits every so often, and openly donates money every Hallows.
Family: Jamie's family consists of four--his parents, him, and his sister. His parents were along in their life, his mother in her late 30s or so, before they had his older sister, Rose. Jamie was close with all of his family members, he felt they were people who would always support him no matter what and they did that on numerous occasions. He trusted his family and so he shared a lot with his family. It was a very mutual and safe environment. Rose and Jamie in particular were very close. Rose is the sort of girl who is equal parts protective and aggressive. She loved her little brother and would have defended him to the end. She didn't coddle him or shield him in any way, because Jamie was never the sort that needed protecting. Rose eventually went off to be in politics, mostly involved in economics. Both of Jamie's parents were government workers, but mostly assistants, librarians; they've juggled several jobs in their lifetime.
Biography: As a child, Jamie lived in a small house with his sister, about two years older, and his parents. The house was exactly that color of old, worn, and cozy. There were two rooms, one for his parents, and one for Jamie and his sister. There was also a single, full bathroom, and a living room connected to the kitchen with only a change in floor from carpet to tile as separation. Rose was an active participant in her schoolwork and did wonderful. Jamie was sometimes blinded by his goals, but he still did very well. As mentioned before, his parents juggled jobs in their lifetime, always different circumstances. His father was an assistant most of the time, while his mother had a lengthy spell as a librarian. Rose read frequently in her life, and as she grew older, read more and more non-fiction. She prided herself on reading biographies as well as how things work (the Willamson's aren't sure when it started, but Rose got quite good at fixing tiny breaks). Jamie just focused on school work mostly.
Before going to Lawrenceville, he managed to get a sponsor in strange circumstances. He spoke with every military official he could get his hands on, even the Military Representative of the time, which was never his main job goal in the first place. The Military Representative thought he was a dreamer. His assistant, however, saw very much in him. He explained to Jamie that, if he really wanted to work for the military, he would follow a set of agreed instructions spanning over several years. They would sponsor him in his secondary education so long as he paid them back with hard work, and if all went well, he could be a high ranking officer (his initial dream) in no time. His training and education took time, but Jamie knew that time could easily mean results. After recruitment, he served his time, and received word from his sponsor(s) that they wanted to talk with him about a different opportunity, which would mean time once more spent training for a work of a different kind. They explained he could either take a chance and run for Representative, which would mean if he lost he could return to previous work, or not take the chance at all. The entirety of the campaign was a blur of anxiety for him, he isn't the most social, or the most charismatic, but he's very smart and had a lot of help from his sponsors. After the voting and discovery of his election, he mostly just remembers celebrating with his family.

Let me know if there's anything I need to change when you get the chance!

I'm going to assume I don't ^^ But like I said before, feel free to nitpick!

Looks: Like this, except clean shaven (of course), and shorter hair. Jamie is tall, I would say a safe 5'10", and has a brand of sleek to his frame, with the exception of his shoulders, which are more broad. He inherited his height and shoulders from his father, but his unfortunately curly hair from his mother. Jamie has blue eyes, also from his mother, and a natural tan to his skin, especially after long hours spent serving in the military. His brown hair is usually kept short for both appearances and management's sake, and likewise, his clothes are almost always kept neat and clean. He's about as muscular as you would expect from someone who went through military training.
Name: Jamie Williamson! (don't be fooled, I did not pick Jamie Dornan's aesthetic because they share the same name... I'm pretty sure anyway, like 90% certain)
Age: Twenty-seven! Also I feel like I need to try my best to prove I'm not a crazed Jamie Dornan fan now.
Birthday: Definitely not May 1st! *nervous laughter* Actually, I've probably never created a character that is so much a winter birthday. I'm going with December 19th, 5055 (a Wednesday).
Occupation: Military Representative, that's what it says on the label anyway. I'm going to pretend Jamie Dornan didn't play a sheriff in a TV show.
Education: Jamie Williamson went to Leionas Primary School, where he eventually learned of other jobs and began to dream. It was his goal to learn how to perform magic once he learned most military officials used and utilized it. When discussion of furthering his education came, Jamie already knew what he wanted as a job and out of his life (it was the dream that never died), and Jamie is very hardworking and goal-oriented, so he got his voice out and spoke with any and all military officials living in Hamilton Mill (where he lived with his family) in order to get sponsors, guaranteed jobs, things along those lines. He went to Lawrenceville and was put into training as a soldier, by the time he graduated, he served for a set time, under specification by his sponsor, then he was in a high office doing menial work, but under a sort of apprenticeship. (more on that below~)
Housing: When he was younger and before he started working officially for the military, he lived with his family in Hamilton Mill, but as of now he lives in a different home in the same place. It was a difficult decision to move out, but after his sister left, he realized he did not want to stay with his parents without the rest of his family, so he ultimately left anyway.
Religion: Both of his parents are a strange breed of Dresiden, but refuse to associate with that label and claim to be Atheists. Then again, they don't hate magic per-se, they just don't use it and prefer it that way; similarly, they don't have any beliefs in deities, so it works out in the end. Jamie, on the other hand, leans far Wiccian. I would say he is devout, but it's more like casual unwavering belief. He picks up the idea that there is no deity that interacts with his day-to-day life from his parents, but since Wicciah guidelines follow the same line of thought, and since Jamie is almost certain magic is not an inherently "natural" phenomena, he has roots firmly placed in the Wicciah church. He visits every so often, and openly donates money every Hallows.
Family: Jamie's family consists of four--his parents, him, and his sister. His parents were along in their life, his mother in her late 30s or so, before they had his older sister, Rose. Jamie was close with all of his family members, he felt they were people who would always support him no matter what and they did that on numerous occasions. He trusted his family and so he shared a lot with his family. It was a very mutual and safe environment. Rose and Jamie in particular were very close. Rose is the sort of girl who is equal parts protective and aggressive. She loved her little brother and would have defended him to the end. She didn't coddle him or shield him in any way, because Jamie was never the sort that needed protecting. Rose eventually went off to be in politics, mostly involved in economics. Both of Jamie's parents were government workers, but mostly assistants, librarians; they've juggled several jobs in their lifetime.
Biography: As a child, Jamie lived in a small house with his sister, about two years older, and his parents. The house was exactly that color of old, worn, and cozy. There were two rooms, one for his parents, and one for Jamie and his sister. There was also a single, full bathroom, and a living room connected to the kitchen with only a change in floor from carpet to tile as separation. Rose was an active participant in her schoolwork and did wonderful. Jamie was sometimes blinded by his goals, but he still did very well. As mentioned before, his parents juggled jobs in their lifetime, always different circumstances. His father was an assistant most of the time, while his mother had a lengthy spell as a librarian. Rose read frequently in her life, and as she grew older, read more and more non-fiction. She prided herself on reading biographies as well as how things work (the Willamson's aren't sure when it started, but Rose got quite good at fixing tiny breaks). Jamie just focused on school work mostly.
Before going to Lawrenceville, he managed to get a sponsor in strange circumstances. He spoke with every military official he could get his hands on, even the Military Representative of the time, which was never his main job goal in the first place. The Military Representative thought he was a dreamer. His assistant, however, saw very much in him. He explained to Jamie that, if he really wanted to work for the military, he would follow a set of agreed instructions spanning over several years. They would sponsor him in his secondary education so long as he paid them back with hard work, and if all went well, he could be a high ranking officer (his initial dream) in no time. His training and education took time, but Jamie knew that time could easily mean results. After recruitment, he served his time, and received word from his sponsor(s) that they wanted to talk with him about a different opportunity, which would mean time once more spent training for a work of a different kind. They explained he could either take a chance and run for Representative, which would mean if he lost he could return to previous work, or not take the chance at all. The entirety of the campaign was a blur of anxiety for him, he isn't the most social, or the most charismatic, but he's very smart and had a lot of help from his sponsors. After the voting and discovery of his election, he mostly just remembers celebrating with his family.

Let me know if there's anything I need to change when you get the chance!

I'm really interested in this idea, and I couldn't help but notice you're looking for a few more characters?

I'm relatively new, but I've been roleplaying for almost five years now, so I know the gist of what to do xD; I was hoping I might be able to snag Jamie Williamson, the Military Representative? I think he's still open? I think I can sign up for him?

I read everything as far as IC and OOC so far, but is there anything in particular I need to know about him before signing up? Or about the representatives in general? Sorry if I'm asking a lot of questions, I don't want to mess up xD; (I guarantee I'll ask like 50 more after this) Please nitpick me if you need to when I post my form, you have a well-constructed world and I want to get it canon
You're more than welcome to him make a character sheet and he's yours. Nothing in particular to know yet, you'll create most of that on your own.

Far as your CS, it is good, minus one thin. There are no calmed down Dresiden- they all hate magic to their very core, and by practicing magic and not bing Dresiden any longer (also by going into police) he would be shunned and never spoken to. There is no loop hole to this, so while its possible to be raised Dresiden and decide to leave the church, it would b a drastic thing to do. Also/ if he stayed even slightly Dresiden, he would NOT win in the election or run for it as the Dresiden are very isolated.

I hope in explained this well enough, feel free to counter or question.

I understand! And all things considered, that's a relatively simple fix. ^^ Would it be okay to say they're Atheists with a preference of not using magic and leave out the Dresident entirely? It's more of a personal thing anyway, Jamie's parents care more about his individual preferences than anything else, so it's not a problem if I have to scrap the idea entirely and just make them completely indifferent on the matter.

Herm, *thinks*, they could be a family of Ex-Dresidens. I have a friend who used to be Mormon, and they decided it wasn't for them, but still the parents didn't let go of all of it where the kids did. So in my mind, I'm imagining that (no, the Dresiden religion isn't based on the Mormon, and I have no issue with that, and all of the other disclaimer stuff) with this. So the parents wouldn't be Dresiden (and the entire family would be shunned by the Dresiden, *couchcough* @firejay1) but they would still be weary of magic and such?

If so that's great, I'll added you to the character sheet.

To put it modern words (I guess?), you could think of it as being like "We don't care what religion you abide to, but we personally prefer not to practice Christianity/Mormonism/ect." It's not so much a belief thing, like "we don't believe in the use", they just don't want to practice it or have it in their lives. An easy way to think of it might be like they're just comfortable the way they are and the use of magic sounds like a lifestyle that they don't want to live. It's kind of a stigma, which is why I said "Dresiden but not Dresiden", but at the same time it's not a hatred so much as just a personal choice. They associate "magic" with things like "why would I want to get involved in that?", but they don't look down on others who do use magic and don't think badly of people who do. "I don't hate magic, but I would never date someone who used magic!" That sort of thing.

But like I said, it's an easy fix all things considered. xD I could absolutely believe their stigmatized belief came from ancestors, and carry at most a seed of what was an oak of hatred, which they didn't water or didn't want to water but was planted in their soil all the same.

I hope that makes sense. ^^ I'll change the bio so that there's no reference of Dresiden, but it's okay for me to leave in the part where they have the slightly negative view or should I just make things simple?

Feel free to keep the negative view- it will be cool. Feel free to start your post on the game!

Reactions: Ace
Is there something wrong with my CS...?