Legends of Cerdryn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopefully this is still open, As soon as I read Pirate! I was in lol, Of course I read everything else and I can say Im in!. So I'll message you and hopefully theres still enough time and space for me. But thats something to speak about over Pm. @WitchChild

Name: Iyalea Vine (Eye-Ale-Ya)

Race: Slyph

Appearance:
SLYPH.png

Equipment/ starting item(s): Satchel with berry's, preserved fish, books, maps, and old poems her father wrote.
Picture of her mother and father.
Trinkets her father made.

Skills: Swift fingers and movement (stealthy/pickpocketing) Quick learning, Smart, Enjoys watching and learning about other races. Able to recite novel books, Skilled in math/ancient puzzles.

great handling with bow and arrows, spear throwing

learned the tongue of elves, also can read ancient elfish scrolls/maps/books

flexible

able to haggle the price lower from merchants

lock picking skills average

great at gathering food and preparing it

Magical Abilities: She can use her Telekinesis or Telepathy when ever she wants but for a limited amount of time. With her Telekinesis she's only able to lift light items such as Men/Women, Small rocks/ Branches, etc. In order for her to lift heavier items she'd need to advance in her skill. On the other hand Her Telepathy's Advanced to where she can hear your thoughts without tiring, Send you images or memories, Or invade your dreams but only with physical activity such as touching.

With the power to heal wounds she's a great help around all it takes is concentration. However she cannot cure poisons/Life treating sicknesses, Attach detached limbs, or bring back the dead.

Because she's a Sylph she has wings, they turn invisible and lay on her back so to not cause to much attention. She can use them to fly all it takes is a good running start and the use of her Telekinesis to lift her up.

Personality: Soft and gentle with no evil intentions of the sort, she helps who ever is in need and usually gets herself into a bigger mess. She's interested in learning everything about everything; sometimes she can be annoying because of it. Her passion for knowledge or craving as some may say can tend to get others and herself into grave dangers. She's humble and honest even if its painful, A leader at best.

History/Bio: At the age of 10 Iyalea learned the most difficult of books from which she borrowed from her father, Her mother had passed away giving birth to her. They lived in a small hut; but big enough for the two of them, and owned a farm a healthy one might I add. She would spend her earnings on books and scrolls or trips to visit vast lands.

By 15 Iyalea had mastered the ancient tongue of elves and had full control over her ability to create portals or "Openings" as she called them. Her father knew she needed to be able to protect herself even with the gifts she had Humans or other races would always try to hurt her. So she practiced archery and spear throwing mostly on wild animals.

Until one day a group of traders sought out her father for betting's he owed them, finding that they couldn't take anything of value they steeled for taking the girl. Where they sold her off to the highest bidder, her father still searches for her.

Last edited:
I sadly cannot allow the Opening Spell. Such magic is incredibly potent and difficult that it would be a group effort. Magic in this setting isn't easy and often times regular manual labor is preferred over it as it has less risk. Especially for someone of 17 no matter how much of a prodigy. Self Taught and Practiced magic is often times not as potent as those who join circles and study under masters. I will however allow Telekinesis and telepathy if you be more specific on the limit of her abilities outside of how long she can do it.

And don't forget that Sylphs possess wings as well yet the average one needs a running start or a perch to fly properly. Some use magic for direct lift off.

I sadly cannot allow the Opening Spell. Such magic is incredibly potent and difficult that it would be a group effort. Magic in this setting isn't easy and often times regular manual labor is preferred over it as it has less risk. Especially for someone of 17 no matter how much of a prodigy. Self Taught and Practiced magic is often times not as potent as those who join circles and study under masters. I will however allow Telekinesis and telepathy if you be more specific on the limit of her abilities outside of how long she can do it.

And don't forget that Sylphs possess wings as well yet the average one needs a running start or a perch to fly properly. Some use magic for direct lift off.
Will do thanks for the heads up I'll edit it as soon as possible.

alright tell me what you think of it.

Limit your telepathy to Touch when it comes to invading dreams. And she will only be able to hear superficial thoughts and people will be able to actively resist it. The mind is a vast maze and isnt traversed easily.

Also, i as the gm control when Wraiths spot your use of magic. It can happen randomly when using superphlous amount but more likely with bigger usage. I use d20 most of tge time for tgis and basically getting spitted means no magic for a short while. Or longer.

Otherwise the sheet looks good

Ill let you know when you can work on an intro

I looked at the Edit again and you seem to have overlooked where Magical energies come from.

Some inhabitants of Cedryn are gifted with Rift tearing within themselves. The gift involves tearing a rift within their being to the Maelstrom and allow the energies to flow into them and manipulate them into spells. However, each Rift making holds a risk of catching the attention of wraiths of the Maelstrom. Each person can feel the presence of the wraiths as they approach their rifts as a feeling similar to an arctic ghost going through them and over their graves or something similar. Students of the art of magic learn to keep their rifts relatively small yet let more magic flow into them.

Magical Energies do not come from the surrounding but within your own metaphysical rift within you. And harnessing other people's rift is next to impossible.

Mend that and you should be good.

• Love
Reactions: monsieur
I looked at the Edit again and you seem to have overlooked where Magical energies come from.

Magical Energies do not come from the surrounding but within your own metaphysical rift within you. And harnessing other people's rift is next to impossible.

Mend that and you should be good.
understood, at first I couldn't grasp the point in which you were making but now I see clearly.

Alright. Things should be good as long as healing also takes concentration and time.

I shall let ya know when you can make an intro via PM also make a suggestion and help if you have difficulty. It should not be long though depending on the activity of players.

Reactions: monsieur
Alright. Things should be good as long as healing also takes concentration and time.

I shall let ya know when you can make an intro via PM also make a suggestion and help if you have difficulty. It should not be long though depending on the activity of players.
Okay thanks and I will be waiting on it.

I´d like to see a couple more posts before I advance the plot

Hmm don't wait for me, consider me out until further notice as I have lost most of my interest.

Sad to hear. Your character will just go the opposite direction instead then, giving some chance that xe may enter in again when you want to return.

So @CreepyShutIn and @NewKingofDrangleic need to post.

Sorry @Cahill that this is going so slowly. I am still around and just waiting on Tanister. I am in personal contact with most players here. Hope you aren't taken off by the slowness here.

Working out my charrie and reading up. I'm hoping to really get down to the nitty gritty with this thing during the weekend. I might have my charrie up before then, but that's just my high expectations.

Take your time. No rush. Just ask if anything is unclear.

Having a new computer tomorrow. My post will be made from it.

Status
Not open for further replies.