Legends of Cerdryn

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am starting the opening IC post but don't count that it will be up today but in all likely hood it will be tomorrow

Sweeeeet~

Personally, I kinda imagine the Booreans as big, floppy six-legged spiders, which is funny on its own. They're certainly unique!

Sweeeeet~

Personally, I kinda imagine the Booreans as big, floppy six-legged spiders, which is funny on its own. They're certainly unique!
Pretty close, They're in the game because the GM allowed some of his friends (inlcuding me) to enter their own species in the worldbuilding process. I adapted them from a sci-fi setting of mine with as few changes as neccesary.

And some Player made Race will return by other players after the game has expanded some.

Name: Aren Del Soren

Race: Altinian

Nationality: Maenoran/Badelan

Appearance: Aren, like most Altinians, closely resembles a large, upright, spotted feline and like them he possesses large, dual colored spots as well as several smaller single-color spots which adorn a beautiful pelt of soft bronze/tan, creamy near white and black colors. Aren has four digits on both his hands and feet, both of which are webbed. The spots adorning his body are a deep maroon/brown color set around by black. The secondary coloration of creamy, near white adorns areas from his soles, groin and posterior, abdomen, chest and face. He has a solitary black stripe stretching from his nose to his hairline, it is dyed into his hair and ends just below the back of his neck. Small black spots adorn his face, hands, neck and feet almost like freckles. His ears are framed in black and are adorned as well with small, black freckle-like spots. His eyes are a brilliant, golden predatory yellow, they gleam in dark places.

Starting Item: Bonds locket. Bonds lockets are Altinian artifacts created specifically for their marriage rituals. Often accompanied by a ring or a cuff to symbolize strength in a bond, Bonds Lockets are always composed of carefully forged steel and set about with copper, their chain is especially sturdy to keep them from being lost. They contain inscriptions on the back and within and a metal carved image of an Altinians beloved in bronze on the inside of the locket.

Skills: Aren is a highly skilled sailor, on par with captains of legend, having spent most of his life on the sea thanks to growing up near the great harbor of Badele. He captains his own ship, the powerful Merchants Gambit, seeing it as the duty of a captain to command and navigate his own vessel. Talented in the art of navigation, Aren is rarely in doubt about his direction.
He keeps numerous books and maps of the world in his quarters, studying them regularly and even updating them as he encounters new islands and peninsulas. He is particularly keen on studying local cuisine and while he is no master chef has been known to surprise his crew with the odd delicacy he prepared himself. Skilled with a finely-forged blade Aren prefers one-handed styles of combat though not one to neglect defense he often adorns metal-improved light armor and sturdy gauntlets to help fend off blows. He can match any rough and tumble pirate blow for blow but against a true master? He'd rather pay the man to fight for him than exchange blows with him!
A truly gifted trader, he has a nose for where money can be made and knows how to negotiate prices with the best of them. Arens keen eyes for detail keep him from getting ripped off and he always keeps his ear to the mast (so to speak) for rumors of where new trade routes and possible treasures can be found. Aren truly was born to swim, sail, and make the wealth flow.

Magical Abilities: Aren is fascinated by magic but sadly he does not possess the raw talent some mages seem to. Nevertheless he has managed to learn a few spells he deems useful given his line of work, the most prominent being a form of directional spell. The spell is akin to a powerful and accurate sense of direction, letting him know precisely where East, West, North and South are. It isn't exactly a global positioning ability, but it is very useful for a navigator. His second spell, a more recent one, is the ability to convert small quantities of seawater into fresh water. He has on a few occasions demonstrated the ability to filter the salt from any body of water, though after filling about five canteens and a few stakes of salt he's more or less tapped out.
His third spell is an optic spell, allowing him to see great distances, almost as if he had a spyglass in both eyes. The spell doesn't allow him to see much further than a normal spyglass but he does see more clearly due to his far keener eyes, it is a little disorienting at first though.
Sexuality: Aren is equally at ease with either a man or a woman. A true middle grounder in his peoples tongue as Altinians are naturally bisexual, though preferences for either gender vary based on individual desire. A poster boy for this mentality of refusing to take gender into account, any who catch Arens fancy are very well rewarded for it. While it is unlikely that anyone will take the place of his beloved, the ones he frolics with are usually left with very pleasant memories of the dashing Merchant Prince who swept their feet out from under them in a single romantic night of passion. That or half of them come after him with pistols, hatchets, pitch-forks, swords or even torches!

Personality: Aren is adventurous, a little flamboyant, energetic but can get very serious when the situation calls for it. His father instilled the virtues of a true captain into him during his time in Badeles famous Marine Academy. A true captain never loses his temper or his calm with his crew, even in the midst of cannonball exchange, Aren took the lessons to heart. A bit of a flirt, he has been known to make passes on people of either gender, as the saying goes "a weapon in each hand and a lover in each port". Analytical and thorough in his matters, Aren is always the one you want by your side during a negotiation, he considers the art of conversation to be one worthy of pursuing as well. He makes for a good debater and listener.
Ultimately though, Aren is loyal, compassionate and especially faithful to those he considers his crew and his friends. Whether through coin, an ear, a shoulder or shelter, Aren is always one to be there when his friends need him, provided he isn't halfway across the known world that is.

History/Bio: Ever since he was a youth, Aren had always been fascinated with ship and ocean travel. From a very early age he took to seafaring with a gusto rarely seen. Coming from a family of seafarers, his father, both his brothers and even his mother all encouraged him to enter the academy after he had spent 3 years with them at sea on various trade and fishing vessels, entering at the young age of 15. From there he went on to graduate with honors, achieving the rank of lieutenant and displaying great skill in the arts of sailing, a notable talent with swordsmanship and even minor magical talent. Taking up a position as navigator aboard a merchant vessel bound for the distant, arid lands of Xanto six months later, under the command of Captain Seren.
It was there the merchant vessel was ambushed by a band of brigands, hoping to steal the gold and valuable spices and food stocks the large vessel had been ferrying. Aren had the brilliant idea of using the ships reefbreaker, a steel and brass reinforced ramming prow meant to prevent reef damage to the front of a vessel in shallow waters, to slam into the pirate ship. Gauging a hole into the side of the hull, flooding it and allowing his fellow soldiers to board and take the ship with a fury. Acquitting himself with honor after he wounded and captured the ships captain personally after a lengthy duel of sabers. Upon his arrival in Xanto the people were grateful for the gifts of the bountiful Maenora and he spent many a night and day with the local populace (though some claim he did far more than just "spend time" with them) prior to heading back to Maenora.

Upon return to Badele Aren was awarded the Brass Anchor for courage, merit and ingenuity in a dangerous situation. Five years later he would go on to command his very own ship, often joining up with merchant fleets where his first captain served. The two came to be close friends and while there were ten years of age difference between them, romanticism soon took root as surely as the old trees of Maenora's crescent. Seren and Aren were married 3 years later though neither stopped going to sea, bringing in wealth and riches and increased fame for the budding maritime nation of Maenora and it's capitol, Badele. Aren developed a reputation for being fearless and a tireless pioneer posessed of an expansionist, frontier spirit. Wherever Maenora sought a trade route, he was among the first to secure it, whenever a new resource was discovered he was the first to bring it in. His vessel, the Merchants Gambit often spearheaded missions against brigands and pirates, defeating many and always taking captives, easier to find all their hideouts and treasures while they were still alive. Over the course of 8 years he earned his reputation as the Merchant Prince of Maenora, dashing, skilled, and born with seawater in his veins while his lover carved out a name for himself as the feared Linemaster of Badele, a skilled soldier whose vessel never backed away from a fight with any pirate, or any nation and never was caught unawares.

However, one fateful day, Aren accepted a dangerous mission far out into the deep sea in search of new lands. His beloved Saren warned him to be cautious. Aren had swept him back and kissed him deeply before stating that whatever dangers were out there would never seperate the two of them. He drafted a joint mission and both Saren and Arens vessels set out for the seas, a gesture of both love and pragmatism. That was the last anyone ever saw of the Merchant Prince or his beloved, the Linemaster ever again. Some say they were sunk by vengeful pirates, others that sea monsters devoured them whole and that their wrecked vessels now rest at the bottom of the dark, unknowable depths of the sea. Even some romantics say they eloped, and settled down in a cove somewhere far, far away. Whatever the truth, the two passed on into legend as two of the most skilled sailors the fledgling maritime empire of Maenora had ever seen.

i approve (He was the last applicant needed)

Now I'll be going to sleep soon. Expect the IC tomorrow if nothing else keeps me preoccupied.

Before I sleep also. Credits to playermade races are

Booreans: Ottriman
Altins: Tanister
Sylphs: CreepyShutIn

Finally gotten back to writing today. Working. Prepare thou posterior.

Alright I posted my introductory post, I hope it is satisfactory that I write in first person.

Right now Alvissro is deep in thought after having woken up and burst xir chains, but could be snapped out xir reverie by anyone.

I would like to see more posts before I do so again.

Iwill post later today. Please try and post before i do those who are still yet to do so.

Okay. POst will come up soon. I am starting to write. IT will be a bit of a progress but not so much so that those who are yet to post won't be abandoned. I don't want to lose anyone that has signed up.

Posted.

Alvissros voice sounds a lot like Treebeards voice from the lod of the rings movies. Despite this xe is quite hihg pitched by Boorean standards.

OKay. I'll be posting to tomorrow or so.

@Cry

I'd like to apologize for my late reply to the IC. Been stuck with RL stuff. Constantly getting out of the house and homework.

Eitherway. I am free mostly tomorrow and then I shall advance the plot some more.

Glad to see that those who have posted are still with this.

Sudden and unannounced hiatus is done. It won't happen again.

BTW the physical description of the surrounding environment is something I asked the GM about before posting.

Will be working on a post very soon and once more opening apps for Post-Timeskip people.

Are the people who aren't posting not partaking anymore?

Status
Not open for further replies.