Legendary Encounters [Pokémon]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm, I realize this has been moving a bit slow, but I'm interested in joining, if I may.

@Lady Bernkastel
You're more than welcome to join! I've been a little bogged down with studying and exams to try and up the tempo anything, I'm afraid. I'm finished in another week or two, so I'll be able to start cracking then!

Name: Hong Meiling
merchant_trainer_by_dummy04-d498peq.jpg

Hong is relatively tall at 175cm (sorry me no american), and she wears chinese-style clothes. Most of her hair is messy, but part of it is tied up in a traditional bun, fastened by a pin.

Trainer Type: Seasoned battler. Has won several Pokémon championships, but never joined a League.

Home Region: Ecruteak City, Johto. Moved to Laverre City, Kalos, at age 10.

Age when Trainer Started Pokémon Journey: 10 (after moving to Kalos)

Legendary Pokémon: Ho-oh. Nicknamed it Fènghuáng, which means Phoenix.

Biography: When Hong was 6 years old, she went with her dad to go fishing for the first time. After having no luck at all, at the end of the day, she finally got something on her hook. She was extremely excited, and reeled it in with minor inconvenience (she tripped several times and her dad had to catch her so that she wouldn't fall into the water). Most people would have probably sighed and thrown their catch back in if it was a Magikarp staring at their face after such a struggle, but it was different for Hong. She has treasured that Magikarp ever since, and yet to this day, she still calls it her lucky goldfish.

After turning 10 years of age, Hong and her family moved to the Kalos region. A year later, her parents took her to Lumiose City, where she received a Fennekin from the Pokémon professor. Together with her two Pokémon, she set out on a journey to become champion. She managed to beat all the gyms, but lost against the Elite Four. She took a break from fighting for a while, before challenging the Leagues of other regions.

These challenges went much better, but when she decided to challenge the Kalos League once again, this time as a far more seasoned trainer, she noticed strange rumours going around. Apparently, some weirdly dressed people calling themselves 'Team Flare' went around stealing Pokémon and tricking people into joining for a ridiculously large entry fee. Hong didn't think it was true at first, but after seeing them in person attacking a lone trainer, she decided to take action. She battled them on several occassions after that, even some dangerous looking people calling themselves 'scientists', and was part of a raid against their base in Geosenge Town. After that, she managed to defeat the champion of the region, finally finishing what she had set out to do.

Her legendary encounter happened after returning to her hometown, Ecruteak City. There, she was allowed to climb the Brass Tower, and ring the bell on top. As she did so, Ho-Oh, the legendary bird appeared in front of her. It was a magical moment, where she stared into eyes reflecting a soul that was as fiery as hers.

(Sorry if it seems a bit rushed, but I tried to shorten it and it may have become slightly incomprehensible)

List of Pokémon:

Xìngyùn jīnyú (Gyarados, is able to mega-evolve. Nickname means lucky goldfish)
mega_gyarados_by_theangryaron-d6r11fl_zpse2325236.png
Ability: Mold Breaker
Moveset: Dragon dance, Waterfall, Earthquake, Ice Fang

Wūpó (Delphox, nickname means witch)
Ability: Blaze
Moveset: Psychic, Fire blast, Calm Mind, Will-o-wisp

Niányè (Goodra, nickname means slime)
Ability: Sap Sipper
Moveset: Dragon pulse, Sludge Wave, Flamethrower, Thunderbolt

Xī tī (Mienshao, nickname means knee kick)
Ability: Regeneration
Moveset: U-turn, Acrobat, Hi-jump kick, Stone edge

Jiànkè (Aegislash, nickname means swordsman)
Ability: Stance Change
Moveset: Shadow sneak, King's shield, Sacred sword, Iron head

Diàn mán (Eelektross, nickname means electric eel)
Ability: Levitate
Moveset
: Wild charge, Flamethrower, Coil, Dragon Claw

Relationships:
None worth mentioning.

Last edited by a moderator:
So is this still open?

Name: Aiden Hawthorn

Trainer Type: Ex-Champion turned Pokemon Professor/researcher

Region of Origin: Kanto

Legendary Pokemon: Giratina

Biography:
Aiden Hawthorne always wanted to be the Champion. He loved watching the tournaments on the television and would often follow trainers around badgering them about their pokemon. That is, until he turned ten and got to go on his own journey. His first pokemon was a Squirtle from Professor Oak. His journey across Kanto was uneventful beyond a few odd encounters with mediums in the pokemon tower in Lavender Town. He made a minour name for himself as the trainer of a Porygon that was more wild card than anything else.

He took the Kanto pokemon league by storm, a team of pokemon that were notorious odd or difficult to obtain at his fingertips. Even Agatha made note of the oddly coloured Gengar he had. As he made his way to the pinnacle and the title of Champion was before him, he held it for the barest of seconds before turning it down. It had been his dream to be a Champion before but now that he had it, there was something he had found while on that journey.

His pokemon were unusual in the fact that the majourity of them had evolved in trades. That fascinated him and he wanted to know more. They made him ask questions from the moment he saw the first one evolve. In that quest for knowledge, he turned to his mentor, Professor Oak. The pokedex could only provide so much information though.

When he had the chance he went to Professor Rowan in the Sinnoh region. Rowan's studies coincided more with his but strangely enough, pokemon once though to have full evolved were evolving further, Electabuzz and Magmar only a few among them. His natural curiousity made him travel to find these causes; how could an item held during a trade encourage evolution? Or how did a trade encourage it in the first place? His investigations led him around Sinnoh and sometimes into the path of Team Galactic. At first they were a nuisance but dealing with them brough tidbits of information regarding their plans.

Already Aiden was well aware of Palkia and Dialga and made the logical conclusion that Team Galactic had the intent to use them to remake the universe. Once more he stepped into the shoes of a battler and tailed after Team Galactic, refusing to allow them to anything at all to his pokemon and him. He tracked Cyrus to the Spear Pillar but was too late to stop him summoning both Palkia and Dialga. The appearance of Giratina though gave him a second chance as he followed along with Cynthia into the Distortion World.

There he managed to defeat Cyrus, though there was still the issue of a rage-filled Giratina to deal with. With the help of his pokemon, he managed to calm Giratina, allowing the pokemon to unleash its anger without destruction. As the pokemon calmed, and a return portal was made, the pokemon's wings brushed against his back. Though they went through Aiden, he could feel them just as clearly as if they hadn't. The sensation hadn't stopped even once he had left the Distortion World, a slight twinge along those lines no matter what happened.

With a crisis averted, Aiden contented himself with his research until the Kalos region opened up for him. Again, he transferred as soon as he could, the stories of the Mega-Evolution phenomenon running rampant in his head. Professor Sycamore welcomed him with open arms and was glad to have such an eager assistant. With Kalos at his grasp now as well as Unova, Aiden continued his own research, coming across several pokemon he simply couldn't leave behind.

The Mega-Stones were another matter. Though Sycamore gave him the one for his Blastoise, he found the Gengarite and the Alakazamite on his own. This raised more questions for him though as always, the question of what Giratina did to him was at the forefront.
Chosen Team:
Blastoise ♂
Rain Dish
Aura Sphere
Dragon Pulse
Water Pulse
Ice Beam

Alakazam ♂
Synchronize
Psychic
Dazzling Gleam
Energy Ball
Signal Beam

Gengar ♂
Levitate
Sludge Bomb
Shadow Ball
Dazzling Gleam
Thunderbolt

Porygon-Z
Analytic
Ice Beam
Psychic
Dark Pulse
Shadow Ball

Emboar ♂
Reckless
Flare Blitz
Wild Charge
Head Smash
Hammer Arm

Hydreigon ♂
Levitate
Dragon Pulse
Dark Pulse
Surf
Earth Power

Physical Description:
Aiden is above average in height, roughly 6' 2", with a slender build of lean muscle, a leftover of his own pokemon journey. He wears his red-brown hair longish with thick bangs that frame his face. His green eyes are always obscured by glasses that tend to slip down his nose, forcing him to have developed a habit of always pushing them back up, even if they haven't slipped.

Regardless of whether he is in the lab or not, he is never seen without his standard black collared button-up shirt and black jeans. Over this, he wear a lab coat though while traveling he often forsakes it unless it is just a short journey or he doesn't expect to be there long. A holdover habit from his pokemon journey, he always wears a pair of Converse.

Relationships:
Aiden is on excellent terms with Professors Oak, Birch and Sycamore as well as Lance and Agatha of the Kanto Elite Four and Cynthia of the Sinnoh Elite Four. He also has a friendly rivalry with Gary Oak.

Extras:
Aiden is naturally dextrous and as such has amazing sleight of hand capabilities. While this rarely comes into play, it does have the side effect of making him just a bit theatric, especially in battle.

His Mega Ring actually takes the form of a a choker that is always around his neck. It is usually obscured by his collar.

Last edited:
Reactions: Absinthe
Well I think I'm done with my CS. As I said, not completely happy with the bio, but then again I tried to shorten it down so it wouldn't be too hefty.

There we go; finished the last bit of Aiden's bio.

Kay... Finally remembering earlier at school bout abilities, hope you don't mind that i add them... I finally got my party's after about an hour of fighting with the computer and trying not to kill every damned piece of technology in my house.

So I've not yet posted in the IC thread mostly because I've yet to see an okay by the GM.

Apologies; I'm in the midst of exams at the moment. Everyone's accepted, but @Sapphire Rose I've sent you a PM. Sorry for the delay everyone and thanks for your patience!

Oh I understand. I just finished my last exam.

So, where are things going with this?

Status
Not open for further replies.