Legend of Korra

Tsukasa shook his head. "I don't know." He was about to say, before the chair swiveled about and their captor was revealed. It was a man, a cowl covering his face, his eyes covered by thin chains, shadowing the rest of his face. He wore deep reds, a gibbous moon and an owl bat insignia imprinted on his chest. Clasping his hands in his lap, he looked in the general direction of the two. You couldn't really tell where he was looking, his cowl prevented knowing.

Leveling his gaze on the man, Tsukasa said, "Who are you?" Inside, this man terrified him, chilling him to his core.

"I am Damai." He said simply. His voice was quiet, as if he was holding back something. "You need not introduce yourselves, young Avatar. I already know who you are."

"Why? What's going on? I'm not the Avatar. And if he is, doesn't that mean no one else can be?" she begged, definitely on the verge of tears. Don't cry. Don't show them you're weak. You are an earhtbending prodigy. You can take this man on. But wait, we're surrounded by metal and in the air. That doesn't help at all.
"Will you protect me Tsukasa?" she asked quietly.

"Let me put it in simpler words." The man said, slightly condescending, as if chiding a child. "You are both the Avatar. For whatever reason, the spirit world has created multiples." As the man prattled on, Tsukasa said under his breath, "I won't let this nutcase touch you, Kyo." The man continued. "And my organization and I want to use this power, of two Avatar to make the world a better place for people. Namely those who follow us."

Tsukasa interrupted him. "So, let me get this straight, you're going to help only the people who are in your little club, right? So, anyone else, what happens to them?"

"The new world we hope to establish has no need for those who do not see the light." The man says.

"So you're just going to kill them, is that it?" Tsukasa says, shouting, his anger rising.

Kyo grew angry with the man. Even though she was tied up and sitting on the floor, she willed herself up. Concentrating on getting up, she felt a rush of air push her forward. When she was upright, she did a round house kick that was only inches away from hitting the man. And out came flames, from HER FEET. Connecting to the Guy in the cowl, it set him aflame. She then ran to the door hoping tsukasa would follow.

Tsukasa, sort of in shock at Kyo's audacity, sat there for a few seconds. The flames seemed to have no effect on the cowled man. Breaking out of his stupor, he willed his little knowledge of earthbending to wrench the shackles from his wrists, running after Kyo. There were several guards, some of them as shocked as Tsukasa originally was, but he shot flames at them, too tired from the earthbending to produce lightning.

The shackles that were around Kyo's wrist had melted. She then, to her surprise, began bending fire. She sent every guard flying. "Tsukasa, what do we do? Where do we go?" She cried out. She was scared, even with her new found abilities.

"C'mon!" He shouted, grabbing ahold of her waist and running for the side of the air machine. Holding his arm in front of his eyes, he covered it with fire, breaking through. Jumping out, still holding onto Kyo, he dispelled the fire, instead focusing on using his adequate knowledge of air to get them down safely. Cushioning their fall with a pillow of air directly beneath them, Tsukasa let go of her, blushing a little. "Sorry." He said.

"Its fine." Kyo said, looking the other way, noticing she was blushing. "Lets get out of here. I don't want to be caught again. "

Nodding, Tsukasa says, "I probably can't go back to my house. Don't know what my dad would do if I brought a cute girl home, and those guys up there probably know where it is too." Shaking his head, he continues, "We might be able to...no, I haven't got any money...I suppose...Um, how do you feel about staying at Aang Memorial Island? It's normally empty this time of day, and they tend to leave the front doors unlocked." He chuckles, "Kind of ironic, I guess."

Kyo blushed. He thinks I'm cute. "It sounds like the best option. What do we have to lose?" Kyo was confused, but she knew she'd be safe with Tsukasa. "Which way is the memorial? I have no idea where we are."

"It's about a kilometre out in Yue Bay. Probably have to waterbend in order to get to it." He smiles, taking her hand lightly in his and heading to the seayards. There, the poorer people worked, but Tsukasa knew some of them. They didn't question his being there, but they certainly gave Kyo a second look. He had never been seen with a girl, ever. "I'm not sure how good I am at waterbending, so we might end up half a kilometre out and soaking, but you can swim, right?" He asks, and without giving her a chance to answer, he jumps towards the water, off the pier, and freezes the water beneath them, his hand still clasping hers.

"Wh--" was all she could get out before they went into the ocean. Where they landed in a sheet of ice. "Are you sure this is safe?" Normally she felt sick. But now it felt second nature. As if she belonged. She didn't pry on the feeling. She just kept holding Tsukasa's hand.

"Perfectly!" Tsukasa said, not entirely sure of himself, but not about to let Kyo know that. Freezing a slim bridge across to the giant statue and museum island, he gingerly strode across the ice sheet, lightly holding her hand. Occasionally, he sent down more ice, and in about ten minutes, they were at the island. It was deserted, dusk already falling.

Kyo saw the island for the first time. ""Its beautiful she said astonished. "Hopefully we can find shelter. If not I could make one of earth." She thought of sleeping in the same shelter as tsukasa and blushes. Realizing they were still holding hands didn't help.

Turning his head so she couldn't see him blush, Tsukasa said, "They normally leave the doors unlocked anyways. And we'd probably get into some sort of trouble for defacing property." Finally, they came upon the walkway, and Tsukasa led her over to the doors. Looking inside the windows, he made sure no one was inside before trying the doors. Unlocked. Holding the door open, he said, "After you."

"Thanks. Is there a place to shower?" She liked the Aang sanctuary. It was peaceful and quiet. It made her feel exhilarated, excited, and happy.

"I don't know." Tsukasa shakes his head. "There's a bathroom down the hall, but it probably only has sinks." He hadn't been inside here since his mother passed: his father couldn't care or be bothered enough to take him. Although it was dark inside the museum, it was cool, and nobody would suspect that they'd be there. "We'll have to leave early, so that the workers don't find us here."

"Oh." She said then ran off to the bathroom. She wiped her face off with water from the sink. She noticed that it didn't drain. She thought back to when the man said they both were avatars. Then she concentrated. And to her disbelief, the water, poorly, molded in a ball. She ran back to tsukasa. "Hey look what I can do."

Looking up, he said, "Hey, cool. Maybe that guy back in the airship wasn't so crazy after all. Least, his insinuation about your being the Avatar wasn't. Everything else was insanity." He smiles, brushing his hair out of his eye and revealing the eyepatch over his left eye. He had left his hat back at the airship, he realized with a start. It was the only thing that was really his, everything else was worn by someone else before him. Sighing, he sat down, right there on the floor, and put his head in his hands.

Kyo had a puzzled look on her face. She went over to tsukasa, dropping the water in the process. She kneeled next to tsukasa and put a comforting arm around him. "What's wrong"