Legend of Korra season 2 Discussion - Yes, there will be spoilers in this thread.

I read somewhere that korra's uncle may end up being some kind of "anti-avatar", like he might eventually be joining forces with vaatu the same way wan did with raava. it makes sense (why else would they bring up the origins of the avatar other than to "remind" korra of who she is bc of some amnesia cliche?) bc then it would give the seemingly pointless aspects of the season thus far some kind of a meaning. However --assuming this is what they're going for -- I really doubt the uncle would be the villain. It's way too easy. I think Varrick might be the one becoming the "anti-avatar" due to his greed or whatever.

Not sure I could get behind an anti-avatar idea. Sounds too much like an antichrist: just a bunch of nonsense (Sorry to religious peoples everywhere). I was seeing Korra's uncle as more of a pawn of Vaatu, maybe being tricked like Wan had been, or thinking that by releasing him the world can be remade into a more spiritual one, or whatever.

I definitely want to see Varrick get attacked by spirits, though. Purity beats corruption! Yeah!

...Sorry. That was lame.

That would add something to the story if that were to be the case. I can dig that as there needs to be darkness to balance the light and all that bit.

And I agree, I felt Wan's story was more thought out and enjoyed it thoroughly. I like Wan. TEAM WAN! If they make Wan's history into a series, I'd watch it.

Welp first episode won't hit until November.

Sssso... bullet style rundown shit!

• Goddamn Bolin is comes off pale as shit when decked out in pseudo-Water Tribe clothes.
  • There's gonna be a training montage for Bolin soon, I see you animators. Makin' Bolin all slouchy'n less muscularly defined'n shit.
  • Is there Eska and Mai BFF fanart? There should be.
  • God in the Spirit World let there be some character development for Eska and I swear to god if it comes off like the Hitachiin brothers I'mma... !
  • Is there Vaatu and Koh BFF fan art? There should be.
  • Thefuck were you doing in the Spirit World Uncle Unalaq? I swear to god if you've been talking to squid spirits locked in trees... you a fool.
  • What the fuck do the Foggy Swamp waterbenders got to say about this?
  • Pants are an illusion.
  • And so is death.
  • Fuck, you are so awkward Mako. It just brings attention to the fact you're voiced by the guy who played Bud Bundy.
  • Asami, girl, you were taught hand-to-hand combat and the operation of heavy machinery... so when the fuck did your daddy sit you down to teach business and politics and why don't you remember shit about it?
  • There's gonna be a mecha-mecha fight soon, not like s1. It's coming.
  • Goddamn, everyone wants to get in on the water tribe's healing shit. Back off Fire Grandma.
  • Wait, she read her aura using firebending. How many fucking sub-specialties are there gonna be?!
  • That is an extravagant fuckin' way to pick peaches. Shit, if I could airbend I'd pirouette up to fruit and pick 'em off the tree like that too.
  • Oh. This is some Son Goku shit right here. Aang, you lazy shit why fuck with a glider when you can have air puffs? Or was that stylized-ass air scootering?
  • Aye-Aye you sassy little shit.
  • Gaddamn if Miyazaki's influence was ever noted... I bet they watched the shit out of Spirited Away before writing these episodes.
  • These giant spirits have tentacles Wan, you really wanna get in between that? They're gonna fuck your shit up in more ways than one.
  • Waaaait, go back! Goddamnit I wanted to see the folk in the Water and Earth Lionturtles!
  • Air Lionturtle is just there. Floating, chillin' in the sky, not giving a fuck. Hangin' loose and fancy free.
  • Awww Wan made up the first Dancing Dragon form by dancing with a dragon.
  • Heheh, "Dances with Dragons".
  • Everyone thought that was Yao in the background as the burning stump when Jaya talked about losing him, right? Of all the misplaced background animation...
  • AHAHAHA, awww teapot!Rava
  • Lookin' a little Ichigo Kurosaki there Wan, what with your triple layers, scarf and boss battle'n shit.
  • Reminder: The Lionturtle Aang talked to and learned chibending from could very well have been the same one who gave Wan firebending. Check the forehead sigil. WUH!
  • Maybe they're born with it, maybe they're just Lionturtles.
  • I SAW WAN SHI TONG'S LIBRARY IN THE COMIC-CON PROMO. THIS SHIT BETTER COME BACK DURING "THE GUIDE" EPISODE.
  • WHAT THE FUCK HAPPENED WITH ZUKO'S MOM.

Reactions: iris
Is anyone else appreciating that Wan started a bending revolution for the same reasons the Equalists started an anti-bending one? Little things like that really make me love this series.

I kind of like the anti-Avatar idea, even if it does seem a little too obvious. We've already seen an Avatar go up against Vaatu with Wan, so adding another human host into the equation might make things a little more interesting.

Only thing I'm really wondering about now is when we'll see Korra and that swarm of bug spirits they've shown in the promos. It's got me wondering how she'll finally figure out the spirit-calming waterbending technique without Unalaq's help.

Reactions: iris and Mid