Legacy | Pokemon

Status
Not open for further replies.
The pale haired woman opened her mouth to reply to Yosuke, or rather, reassure him of himself, but she was interrupted by Wyeth's harsh words. Sayuri couldn't understand why he was like this when he was usually friendly. However, upon recalling his words, it sounded an awful lot like Wyeth was warning him about the dangers of not being able to take care of ones self. Well, it was either that or Wyeth was just being plain mean. Despite not being one to judge others, she couldn't help but somewhat agree with Wyeth. An Eevee could only do so much.

"Wyeth, sir. I don't mean to disrespect you in any way and I understand what you're trying to tell him, but please word it... nicer," she said softly, making eye contact with him briefly before looking over to Yosuke. "However... I can't help but agree that you should travel with another person. Being by yourself is dangerous, even for a man." Her words were gentle and without a bit of negative emotions.

Lucario turned his eyes to the Eevee, giving is a glare. "Correct. I doubt you alone can protect your human." He finished his sentence, purposely making it sound it sound like he was looking down on the smaller Pokemon.

"Darn right, it isn't!" Ferion concurred. "My hoard is the best hoard, and it would be even bigger if my most recent loot wasn't...Stolen." The bird cast his head in Shou's direction, eyes accusing. The Murkrow soon calmed down, however, tail waggling as he settled comfortably in Shou's lap. "...You seem trustworthy. I am sure we could be allies, partners in crime so to speak." Ferion offered, a certain glint in his eyes. He had all the confidence in the world that Basilisk would be adequate enough. His long, slender body would be able to reach places Ferion could only dream about. The possibilities were endless! Ferion stared off into the distance, barely reacting when Shou had moved him onto the sofa.

Leaving Ebony alone, Shou had looked back to Suzume, chuckling at her comment. If only she knew. Ebony's attitude was innocent compared to all the things she had done during his journey to West Angel City. "She definitely is a handful. Aren't you, Ebony?" Shou turned his head to the Dark-type, the scowling Sneasel responding by sticking her tongue out at him. He cringed, an awkward expression on the male's face. She must be angrier than he thought she was. He should probably make it up for her.

Shou had grown silent in the corner, contemplating over what Suzume had said earlier. There are indeed too few Dark-type Gyms in the regions. One could think that it was the main reason for him to become a Dark-type leader himself, but it couldn't be any further from the truth. He had of course heard the compliment, but the way she said it made him think. Perhaps he went a little too far when he had talked about himself. "...There is a member in the Unovan Elite Four who specializes in Dark types. Grimsley is his name...You may have heard of him." Shou cast a glance at Suzume before continuing. "I've always wanted to be like him, ever since I was a kid." Shou absentmindedly let his eyes drift towards the ceiling. "I suppose we all have someone we look up to," he added. Ebony looked at him for a while, blinking. Shou eventually stretched his arms, leaning forward. "But enough of that. I'm sure I've rambled enough about myself already," he smiled, soon eyeing her curiously. "If you don't mind me asking...What are your plans? West Angel City is rather big. It would be awfully easy to become lost." If only that. Shou knew himself what could happen in large cities, especially if one would be alone. "Perhaps we could travel together?" he proposed, patiently waiting for her reply. He wasn't really in a hurry anywhere. Besides, he rather enjoyed her company.

The serpentine creature blinked at Ferion's proposal. Partners in crime? Basilisk wasn't sure he liked that... then again, it made his chest swell with excitement. Imagine all of the adventures they would go on! And they would find their way out of trouble, no matter what. They were Pokemon after all, and Pokemon weren't necessarily thought to be cold-hearted thieves. People probably thought that they say something shiny and wanted to touch it, or eat it. "Oooh, that sounds fun!" he piped over at the Murkrow. Then, he turned toward Ebony, wagging his tail at the new face. "Is she a 'partner in crime' too? She looks the part!" Basilisk had seen Sneasel before, but he was always wary around them. Especially after he got hit by a male Sneasel's Ice-Typed attack. That hurt for ages.

Suzume continued to look at Ebony, chuckling a bit when the Sneasel stuck out her tongue at the young man. The bipedal Pokemon was obviously a force to be reckoned with, both in battle and in personality. Her honey-colored gaze raised up once more, humming slightly in reply when Shou mentioned Grimsley. "I don't know much about Unova. I was born in Kalos and made my way over here. But it's nice to have someone to look up too, I agree." her voice drifted off as she thought about her parents. They had always been busy, but she wanted to be just like them. An adult who could handle themselves in any situation. Her hand rubbed the back of her head as she continued to think about them. I haven't called in a while... and they know that Seloca is a pretty dangerous place. They must be worried sick.

There was a long silence in between them before Shou spoke up again, inquiring about her plans. Suzume shrugged as a frown crossed her lips. "Dunno. I guess I have to find a place to sleep for the night. After that, I have to battle the first Gym Leader of the region," she paused for a second, perking up when he asked if they could travel together. She knew that traveling through all of Seloca on her lonesome was dangerous. She could use a helping hand if things got dirty. "Sure. It does get lonely when you're traveling, sometimes. Even if you have your Pokemon," she turned to Basilisk, who was still staring at Ebony. "What do you think, Basilisk?"

"Viiineeeee!" Basilisk replied cheerfully.

"Of course," Suzume murmured, her gaze dropping to the floor as her fingers gripped the hem of her shirt. "I have to wait until the nurse and the Chansey are done tending to Lux. Poor little thing got poisoned pretty badly by a Weedle." Because of me... "But they should be done soon, right?"

Yosuke listened to the two as they told him the same thing, generally. He knew he was weak. He knew it was stupid for his safety to be alone. But, he could never bring himself to be with other people for long, or Pokémon other than Kou. He was used to being alone and solitary, antisocial. This entire encounter wasn't even of his own doing. It was of Kou's, but never mind that. Kou's goal was to bring Yosuke to Sayuri, because she knew Yosuke was infatuated with her. And, she had done that successfully. It was for Yosuke's own good.

Kou turned her head to the Umbreon and Lucario, listening to what they had to say. "Well, that may be so, and I might not be able to put up with stronger Pokémon, but my human wanted to be alone this whole time. Besides, I'm stronger than you think. I can put up a pretty good fight, maybe even against you two. Besides, even if I lose and get hurt, my human takes good care of me. He might not sound like it, but he actually is loving and caring, and even protective of ones he cares about." Kou continued, "Though, I do see your point and concern. And, I do agree that I won't be able to stand up to a really strong attacker for my human."

Yosuke sighed, speaking finally. "I-I know, I'm w-w-weak...I just..I haven't b-been able to f-f-f-find anyone t-to travel with," he said, stammering to get the words out. He then had an idea. A compelling feeling. "W-would y-you two be willing t-t-to c-come with me?," he asked, his cheeks still blushed red. As red as a Vulpix's fur, almost. This question was more so for Sayuri, feeling safer around her than Wyeth. Being around Wyeth made him uneasy, reminding him so much of his abusive father. They even looked alike.

Simon Evetts - West Angel City, #8467D7
Simon might have been wary of the odd scientist, but past dealings with him had never gone badly before. Of course, it might be unwise to just blindly trust one some would call a mad scientist. Not to worry, in any case, Tully and Hera could always help out if something were to go wrong. After a moment of consideration, the freckled trainer mounted his tropius and patted the base of his neck, "Alright, let's follow him."

"You know, doctor, you may want to work on your bluffing", the blonde advised as his partner caught up with Roy. He settled in comfortably, as always, loose enough that he'd undoubtedly fall off if something were to startle Tully. "Not that I'm particularly concerned with whatever it is that you're trying to hide", he said as he draped an arm around Tully's neck, scratching the tropical pokemon's chest idly, "But sooner or later, someone is going to start paying attention to you and I'm afraid you're not a very convincing liar."

"I'd hate to lose a buyer because the wrong person took an interest in what he does", he added, explaining his concern, "Finding new ones isn't as easy as you might think. It could take hours to find another collector here, maybe even days."

After a good hour of fetch in the park Rowan sat down to a game of cards with Sylvester, her Snivy was just too good a calling her bluffs. He was practically a lie detector, which, with his permission, was very useful to Rowan. He was her first Pokémon and bane of her parents existence, after all when a child can tell when their parents are lying, things become very difficult. Poor Gawain was horrible at cards so he opted to chase some butterfree around and by the time the card came was over he was no where in sight. She was trying very hard not to freak out but she was naturally inclined to worry. "Gawain! Where have you gone!" She and Sylvester looked high and low but they couldn't find the Growlithe anywhere.

Then as if out of nowhere Gawain tackled her, clawing up her hoodie. He kept barking at her, as if asking her to follow. "When we get home you're gonna be in so much trouble." She growled as she ran after her Pokémon, Sylvester clinging to her shoulder for dear life. She caught up with him and nearly ran into a girl and her Pokémon, a Vulpix and a Absol. Right an Absol, that's what she was seeing. She nearly fainted with excitement, though an Absol was pretty low on her list of Pokémon she wanted to see, she never saw anything interesting in this town. "I have to ask is that your Absol? It is absolutely magnificent! Where on earth did you find such a beautiful Pokémon? Admittedly I am quite jealous." She reach a hand out to the Pokémon before realizing just how rude she was being, "My goodness please forgive me, I haven't even introduced myself. How rude! I am Rowan of the West Angel Research Facilities. I imagine this might be a bit odd, I highly doubt that very many people are excited to see an Absol, after all those legends really give the poor creatures a bad name." She smiled and held out a hand while Sylvester poked his head over her shoulder.

As Basilisk had spoken, Ferion snapped out from his little daydream, looking around in confusion until he realized that the serpentine Pokemon must have asked about Ebony. A look of distaste was on the bird's face, the Murkrow's feathers ruffling up. "Hnng...Not quite," Ferion muttered, his red eyes shifting away from the other Dark type. Back when they had first met, that Sneasel had the nerve to think that she was better than him - stealing from his trainer and what not. Hah! Served her right that she lost to him.

Ears twitching, Ebony had looked at them over her shoulder. As Ferion thoroughly ignored her, the Servine seemed to be the opposite, curiosity radiating off him. The Sneasel sneered, striding over to them before promptly turning her back to Ferion. "Hm, a Grass type, are you not? Don't waste your time talking to him sweetie; that birdbrain will get you nowhere," Ebony said, the Murkrow behind her clapping his beak angrily. "Instead...talk to me," the bipedal Pokemon continued. "You may call me Ebony. It's a pleasure," Ebony smirked, her attention entirely on Basilisk.

"Kalos, huh?" Shou couldn't say that he knew much about the region. The most he had ever heard of Kalos was from stories his mother had told him at her cafe. Noticing his Murkrow's less-than-happy state, he had moved the small bird back onto him, finger rubbing at Ferion's cheek as the crow seemed to eventually calm down. Sometimes he wondered about Purrloin. His parents had been more than understanding when he had asked them to look after the feline for him. As close as they were, Purrloin wasn't strong enough to manage on his own. It was a difficult decision at that time, but Shou believed that it had been the right choice. The little cat Pokemon would only have gotten himself hurt if he had followed him to Seloca.

The male had looked back to the blonde when she answered, wincing on the inside. That's right...a place to sleep. Shou hadn't even thought of that when he had arrived to West Angel City. At most, he was used with making small camps during his journey through the nearby woods. Surely West Angel City had a few places to stay overnight in? As Suzume had accepted his offer, Shou grinned as Basilisk had eagerly agreed. "Then it's decided. We find a place for the night, and tomorrow...Well, we'll see what happens." Shou hadn't really made up his mind on whether he should challenge the region's Gym Leaders. Maybe a few battles wouldn't hurt?

As Suzume had continued, mentioning the current state of her Pokemon Lux, Shou's expression had grown more serious - concerned even. Having never experienced that himself, he couldn't imagine how it was like to have one's Pokemon poisoned. "Yeah, they should," he nodded, flashing her a small smile. "It didn't take that long for them to patch Ebony up, so I'm sure your Lux will be fine soon."

They had been walking for a while, with each moment sinking Shay deeper into thought. She was so immersed in her thoughts that she nearly didn't notice the woman who almost ran into her until, well, she almost ran into her. The woman, who introduced herself as Rowan, seemed excited. Shay had no idea how to respond at first, but soon gathered her thoughts.

"Uh... Yeah, he's my Absol. His name's Calix. I'm Shay, by the way. Apprentice researcher." Yeah, not much to brag about, but it was something. "Nice to meet you." She smiles and shakes Rowan's hand. "Yeah, it's kind of sad how superstitious people can be about Absols. It's hard for him to travel out of his Pokeball, especially in cities, but they're really not that bad. Calix helped me out in the mountains, but that's a long story." The Vulpix ran around her feet before barking at her. "Oh, and this is Blaze." She said, introducing. That seemed to satisfy her and she trotted off. "She's a bit... energetic." She looked at the green Pokemon on the other researchers shoulder. "Oh, a Snivy. How cute." She remarked, grinning.

Meanwhile, Calix sat down and gazed up at the Snivy. He was never really one for talking. He wasn't shy, just quiet. Talking to other Pokemon was more Blaze's thing. Which she was currently taking care of. Blaze trotted over to the Growlithe, who struck her as less serious than the Snivy, who was on the other trainer's back. "Hi!" She barks. "My name's Blaze. Who are you?"

Sombra felt sorry for the small Eevee; the poor thing probably wanted to help her master. Her ears flattened slightly as she padded back to Wyeth. Her relationship with her own master, however, was a different story. She was the type of Pokemon that helped and protected her trainer, but even she knew her limitations. The Dark-Type Pokemon hoped the best for the small fox Pokemon.

Wyeth glanced back at Sayuri, frowning at her comment. Was he really being so mean to Yosuke? If he was, he didn't realized. But then again, he was simply telling the white-haired man the truth. There was no way of sugar-coating it. He wasn't going to smile and say that everything was going to be alright. He narrowed his eyes, snorting a bit. "There isn't an easier way to tell him what we're telling him," he told the admin, his voice still somewhat rough. Just because he was "cute" didn't mean that he should be talked to like a baby. "I'm speaking to him like a man. Do you want me to coo over him like a baby?"

A sneer crossed over his face as he allowed himself to scoff. Sayuri was always the one who calmed the situation, that was, if she could. Wyeth glanced back at Yosuke when he asked if they wanted to join him on his little "journey". He rolled his eyes, his irritated expression melting off of his face to reveal an exasperated one. "We aren't able to go with you. We're part of the Blades of Seloca," he told him slowly. "We can't exactly go on a journey across the region. We have other responsibilities."

The dark-haired, high-ranking member of the Blades looked back at Sayuri. Obviously, the boy liked the lady. She was easy on the eyes, but Wyeth wasn't one for romantic relationships. Sure, sometimes his physical relationships morphed into one that was comparable to a romantic one... but he usually cut the wire then. "We should get going," he announced, turning to face Yosuke once more. "If you truly need someone of able skill to accompany you on your journey, however, you should look around. West Angel City is filled with new Pokemon Trainers these days." And with that, he spun around and began to stride down the block, whistling a tune. Sombra wiggled her nose and bounded after him, her tail swaying in the breeze.

Basilisk frowned when Ferion seemed to become annoyed at his question. His dark feathers fluffed up as he answered, but he was distracted by the female Pokemon. The Sneasel appeared friendly, though; she even went so far as to introduce herself. "Hey," Basilisk murmured, less cheerful than before, especially when Ferion became angry. "It's nice to meet you, too. My name is Basilisk. I haven't seen an Ice-Type Pokemon, yet." Once he got the first words out there, the rest came along naturally. He sat down on the ground, waiting for her to reply. Even though she was somewhat intimidating, he decided that she was somewhat attractive. Those claws could probably gut someone, though...

Although Shou's words brought some comfort to her, Suzume simply nodded. Her mind remained on the folly that had occurred right before her eyes in that damn forest. That Weedle was too strong for Lux, possibly close to becoming a Kakuna. "Yeah..." It was all she said before she became silent. Then, she waited. She waited for Lux to be handed back to her with a smile. Though, she wasn't sure if Lux would trust her after that incident. The blonde sighed, running a hand through her already messy hair. Lux, please get through, she prayed to Arceus for the survival of he partner. I promise that I'll protect better you from now on.

Another long silence passed between them before there was another ring. Suzume looked up with a tired pair of eyes, seeing the same Chansey behind the counter. Groaning, she got to her feet and trudged over to the short Pokemon. The nurse's partner raised the Pokeball toward her, beaming up at her with its beady eyes. The woman offered a small smile down toward the pink and helpful Pokemon as she took the sphere into her hands. As soon as she turned away to walk back to her seat, however, the half-hearted smile fell from her face. She walked back to her seat, once again, without uttering a single word.

"Lux." Suzume murmured, lifting the Pokeball slightly. A beam of light spilled forth from the center of the Pokeball and onto the ground, taking the shape of a small lion-like figure. The crimson light faded away until Lux, her Shinx, stood before her. The blue and black feline looked up at her trainer, stretching slightly.

"Shi?" Lux mewed, sitting on her haunches and looking up at her trainer. Suzume bent down to pick her up, and Lux purred loudly, pressing her head into her chest.

Suzume sighed in relief, stroking back Lux's messy fur. "I'm so very glad you're alright."

Dr. Kagari - West Angel City, gold
While the two walked together down the sidewalk, they'd occasionally pass a fellow pedestrian, some glancing perplexedly at the doctor's lack of clothes while others tried their best NOT to look. Roy was completely oblivious to it all, humming happily to himself the entire time. "Yes yes, of course, I'll be more careful," he said dismissively, waving Simon's concern off. With a sudden turn mid-step, he looked to the treasure hunter with a sly smile on his face. "I mean... I don't know what you're talking about." Whether he really felt the comment was particularly clever or he was just being sarcastic, it was unclear. Gloopy flattened just a bit on his shoulder, sighing as the doctor resumed walking.

"Hmm..." as they walked, they passed what appeared to be a fashion boutique of some description, Roy taking a few steps backward to glance through the windows. It didn't appear to be the highest calibre of clothing stores, per se; the words Ghetto Fabulous came to mind. Looking down at himself, however, he realized walking into work like this probably wouldn't be received so well by his peers. "Give me a minute, will you?" He asked Simon, nodding towards the store.

Prying Goopy from his shoulders, he carefully set the Ditto on Tully's head, patting the magenta glob reassuringly. "Be right back, buddy. You two play nice for a minute." Not a second later he disappeared into the store, leaving his Pokemon with two complete... well, acquaintances, but still. Gloopy looked down at the Tropius, and blinked.

"Ditto..." It mumbled, shutting its eyes.

~~

It was only a short while before Dr. Kagari reemerged from the store, considerably more clothed. Only his choice of apparel was... interesting, to say the least. Bright, neon green sneakers, tattered jeans in which the knees were almost entirely missing, but oddest of all was the beige t-shirt he wore, emblazoned with the phrase Dirty Lil' Diglett in a stylized font with an image of said Pokemon below, waggling its drawn on eyebrows suggestively.

"This should be acceptable," Kagari remarked, his definition of acceptable perhaps a bit questionable, "Wouldn't want to get scolded for coming in without pants again." Laughing, he held out his arm for his Ditto to squirm itself back on to, then waved for Simon and Tully to continue following him. "It's just a block or so down, I think. Is it..? No, yes, that's right."

Wyeth's words made Sayuri flinch, his voice intimidating and rough. Had she upset him by telling him to be nicer? She knew she wasn't wrong by asking him of that, yet deep down, she agreed with Wyeth. A man was a man, so a woman like her couldn't fully comprehend, but to some extent, she could. She bit her lip. "No, sir. I understand," she said, her voice sounding disheartened and defeated.

Just as Wyeth finished up talking and began walking away, Sayuri turned to Yosuke, her smile having faded. "I apologize if he has hurt you with his words. He's usually very friendly. But as he said, we are part of the Blades of Seloca and therefore, we have work to do. But if not for that, I'd definitely go with you." She reached out and grabbed his hand, lifting it shake her own. Her smile appeared fully once again as she said, "I hope we meet again, Yosuke."

Lucario tugged on her arm, pointing out to her that the other male was getting further away. With a quick wave, she said goodbye to Yosuke and went after Wyeth. Thinking about it all now that it was over, Yosuke was staring at her quite alot. Maybe there was something on her face? Whatever the reason, thinking about it now made her embarrassed. The light haired man was rather good-looking though. If he had more confidence in himself, surely he'd be a hit with the ladies.

After a light jog to catch up with her higher-up, Lucario following, she now stood beside him. She was a bit scared to even look at the male, but she managed to mutter, "I'm sorry... if I made you upset."

"Pleasure to meet you Shay, you say you are an apprentice researcher? You should visit the labs some time. Though I hopefully will not be stuck in this town much longer." Rowan looked down at the Absol, he was just as she expected, he had a strong and serious look about him. "Well it is only the prejudice that makes them fear Absol, I do not believe that any creature has such magic to create disaster. Raw power on the other hand is very different, and fascinating." She smiled at Shay and watched the Vulpix approach Gawain, It wouldn't be very hard for them to get along. Rowan often felt guilty that her Pokémon were usually stuck in the lab with her, daycare services were just out of her price range as a daily service. She couldn't afford to spend that much money everyday when there were things she needed if she was to ever leave the city. High in that list was a fire stone but unfortunately they were scary expensive and both she and her Pokémon had sacrificed luxuries for it.

Rowan snapped out of her thoughts and gestured to her Growlithe. "Well that furball over there is Gawain, and this is Sylvester. Gawain is definitely proud, but very loyal and brave. As for Sylvester lets just say he is a handful at times but strong when he wants to be." She offered an arm for Sylvester to hang onto and placed him on the ground. Then, much more quietly, so Sylvester couldn't hear, "He is not as cute as he looks I assure you." She winked before becoming serious. "You mentioned the mountains, I am planning on continuing my research in the field and the mountains are my first choice destination. I have heard they can be awfully brutal in the winter and that they are dangerous year round. I have also heard rumors that there are rare and perhaps even legendary Pokémon living among the remote mountains. I would like to know much stock to put in these rumors." Rowan was still smiling faintly, but there was no joy behind it. The mountains were her goal and dream, she would never joke about it.

While Rowan was busy, Gawain was quite pleased to meet Blaze. Fire types weren't super common so far from Ember city. "My name is Gawain the Brave! Its nice to meet another fire type this far from our home!" He barked and for some reason or another puffed out his chest. Sylvester on the other hand simply nodded in some sort of approval or respect at Calix, understanding that words were not necessarily needed in this situation.

"Yeah, I probably should." Shay replied when Rowan suggested she visit the lab. After all, if she was seriously going to become an actual researcher, it'd be better for her to know how different labs worked in different places. She also nodded in agreement at her statement concerning the prejudice against Absol and how fascinating power was.

She made sure to make a mental note of Rowan's Pokemon and their nicknames. She knew she'd forget otherwise. Alright, so Gawain and Sylvester. She could remember that, hopefully, but names weren't exactly her strong point. The other researcher's comment concerning Sylvester's cuteness made her crack a smile, but she quickly hid it so as to ensure that the Snivy didn't notice it.

"Yeah, the mountains are at their worst in the winter, I'd say. It's not necessarily impossible to travel through, though. Summer is the preferable time, but I'm sure with the right equipment and Pokemon, you should be able to get through any other time." She paused for a moment to think before another thing came to her. "Oh, and it's better to travel in a group." She had learned her lesson from that experience. "As for the Pokemon who live in the mountains, I honestly wouldn't doubt rare. It's pretty isolated. Legendary would be another matter, though." She left that last sentence hanging, as it just occurred to her that she was trying to give advice to someone she had just met. Of all people to give advice concerning mountain travel, she would consider herself the least qualified. "So you said you hoped to be out of this town soon? Where do you plan on going, besides the mountains?" Shay asked, curious.

"Yeah it is." Blaze replied, sitting down in front of Gawain. "I don't think I've seen another fire type in a while." Calix listened to the two fire types talk, and he returned Sylvester's nod.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Sneasel tilted her head. "Hm? Not even once? You're in for a treat then." Amusement seeped from Ebony's voice as she moved even closer to Basilisk, sitting down right next to him. The concept of personal space clearly wasn't known to her. "We Ice-types can be as sharp as icicles or as soft as snow. It really depends on you, sweetie." She was now leaning against Basilisk, seemingly oblivious of the Murkrow staring at them. Whether she did this for personal entertainment, or for finding the Servine cute, one may never know.

There was a silence between them again. It didn't take much for Shou to understand how worried Suzume was for her Pokemon. She looked like she had been through a lot, what with the Weedle and all. It was a stark contrast to who she had been when he had stepped into the Pokemon Center. As Suzume sat there in silence, Shou was still staring at her. He felt like he should say something here, but from this point on, whatever he said could easily turn into false promises. Useless...Sitting here and doing nothing. How very considerate of me.

When it seemed as if he was finally about to say something, another ring sounded, with the blonde soon getting up and heading over to the Chansey. Remaining on the sofa, Shou brought a hand to his hair as he watched Suzume fetch the Pokeball from the cheerful Pokemon, Ferion nestling closer to him when the petting had stopped. When she returned, a small, blue and black cub was soon standing before her, a content purr emitting from the Shinx as Suzume had picked her up. Shou was smiling at the affection between the two, happy for Suzume that the turn of events had been for the better. She was clearly someone who cared deeply for her Pokemon, that much was evident from Lux and Basilisk. "See? I told you that she would be fine. The nurses are skilled at what they do."

The appearance of Lux seemed to have piqued Ebony's interest, the Sneasel turning her head to peer at the Shinx from over Basilisk's shoulder. Seeing Suzume stroke the purring Electric-type, Ebony tensed and quickly looked away, red eyes narrowing at the floor.

Shou cast a glance towards the counter, a hand moving to his chin. "You think they would let us stay over the night? In Unova, the Pokemon Centers have accommodations for trainers," Shou stated as he eyed Suzume. "It'd be worth asking about it." And indeed, Shou stood up to do exactly that - a disgruntled Ferion maneuvering onto his shoulder. Eventually leaning against the counter, Shou began to speak to the Nurse, the woman appearing more than happy to pause her work as a Chansey took over. After a short while, the woman had nodded to him and pointed towards a paned door in the corner, a smug expression on Shou's face as he went back to Suzume. "...Apparently, they have a few rooms we could use if we wanted to."

Last edited by a moderator:
Wyeth's pace was slow and lazy even though he was a bit irritated at Yosuke. What kind of parents would let such a child travel Seloca? There were bandits, thugs, and cons, especially around this area. It was surprising that he hadn't been grabbed off of the streets yet. That Eevee was a rare Pokemon; any cruel-hearted thief would be able to toss him aside and grab his poor Pokemon before taking off. A long sigh escaped his lips as he pushed his hair back, his eyes growing half lidded against the breeze that had picked up just recently. Sombra padded beside him without a word, but he could tell that the fox-like Dark-Type Pokemon wasn't happy with him. No one was, these days.

Sayuri soon joined his side, apologizing for no reason. This only made Wyeth even more irrate. There was no reason for her to say sorry; she was a woman, and thus, she was naturally attracted to weak and cute things. "No need to be sorry," he said briskly, looking ahead. He shoved his hands into his pockets again and blinked. He wondered if he would see that Yosuke again... and if he would be alive when he did. He wouldn't be surprised if he had to pick up his grisly remains at a crime scene or something. "It's just that I don't have the patience for people like him."

It was true. Wyeth was usually too tough on people, especially when they whimpered and stuttered much like the pale-haired man they encountered. If one didn't have a strong heart and mind, how were they supposed to get by in the world? Others would take advantage of them-- take their money, gain their trust before they stab them in the back. If only the world was a better place. That's why the Blades exist, after all, something told him, but he didn't pay any heed to the words in the back of his mind.

"Have you seen the rest of the admins? They should be around here, right?"

Basilisk was entranced with the Sneasel. Firstly, he had never seen a Pokemon that looked like Ebony. Secondly, he was quite intimidated with the fact that she was an Ice-Typed Pokemon. If he got her angry, she would probably send him straight to sleep. He listened to what she said, growing at ease at her words. "Oh, that's good. I don't like getting others angry. Except for Lux, of course. It's fun when she's angry," he explained, another smile coming over his face. Suddenly, the Sneasel leaned against him, making him flinch. Now, he wasn't expecting that. "Hey... are you okay? Maybe you should sit down..." However, just as quickly as she leaned against him, she tensed up. Basilisk was confused, but didn't pester her anymore. She would answer if she wanted to.

The Shinx seemed to be very happy now that she was better. So was Suzume. The blond-haired Trainer pressed her face into Lux's pale azure fur as she looked up at Shou. "You should have seen her. She was really bad," she said, rubbing a soft spot behind Lux's ear. "The poison almost took her away from me. I wouldn't have been as worried if the poison had been weak." The Weedle had been strong. But Lux had been too weak to face it. She backed away to sit on the couch again and set Lux on the ground. The young Pokemon seemed to be displeased with the fact that she had put her on the ground too early.

Suzume perked up when Shou said something about Pokemon Centers accommodating for trainers. That was right-- they should have a few rooms for trainers that couldn't afford a hotel. She watched him walk over to the counter, leaning against it as he spoke to the nurse. Thankfully, the nurse was more than happy to help him. She motioned over to a paned door in the corner of the room. The exhausted Trainer sighed in relief; finally, she would have a bed to sleep on. It was tiring sleeping on the floor for weeks at a time.

"That's great," Suzume replied, getting up from the couch again. Her arms stretched up over her head as she yawned. "Don't get me wrong, the life of a Trainer is good and all... but I'm tired of sleeping on the cold and wet ground. It was only because of luck that I didn't get eaten by a roaming Salamence or something."

RUSS

Of all the places to be on such a glorious day, most people didn't expect to be on the roof of a building. Well, most people, that is, except for Russ. He had climbed to the roof of the four-story building (one of the shorter ones in West Angel City) fairly early that day with his Monferno, Ray, and had really ended up staying up there for most of the morning, dozing off a few times, snacking on apples, and playing with his Pokemon.

Did he have responsibilities? Something important to do? Probably. But he found that he rather enjoyed sitting on the rooftop with his two Pokemon, the aforementioned Ray and Percy, a Cubone. They both seemed to be happy with the warmer weather, and Russ felt bad at the thought of taking them away from the rooftop while they were enjoying themselves.

Eventually, he decided that he did, in fact, have to turn his attention to more important matters. He pulled out Percy's Pokeball and stood up. "Alright, guys," He said, walking over to the two Pokemon, who were eating their pokemon food. "It's time to go. We might- nah, we probably have work to to." He cleaned up a bit before returning Percy to his Pokeball and allowing Ray to climb onto his shoulders. "You seem to forget you're not as small as you used to be, Ray." He remarked. He always let Ray ride on his shoulders, but he found it hard to climb when the Pokemon did so. "We'll take the stairs." Russ said, before walking over to the fire exit stairwell thing. He climbed off the roof onto the platform and then started going down the stairs.

Soon he was back on the ground and walking down the street. He honestly didn't want to get back to work; the day was nice and made him want to do something fun. But he knew that he had to see if he was needed for anything. After walking for a while, he saw two people that he recognized. He picked up his pace so he could catch up to them. "Hey Wyeth, Sayuri." He says once he was within earshot. "What's up?"

Rowan's smile returned, "The better question is, where do I plan on not going. This world is much bigger than we realize, my intent is to see as much of it as possible. I do not need my name branded in history but I certainly hope to give people something to write and talk about." The comment about traveling in a group almost made her angry, "Not many are as eager as I to explore those mountains, I have contacted all manner of organizations and no one is willing to help me. I must be strong enough on my own." The biggest problem was getting out there, the mountains had one main research central, it wasn't quite on par with the one in Angel city but it was quite an achievement for the area. In addition to that central there were outposts scattered around, they ranged from decent labs to camp sites. "After I conquer the mountains I plan to explore the coast, there are areas that are completely inaccessible due to cliffs and other natural formations. Though I'm not really in a position to explore those as I do not posses a water type. I would need the help of a water type to do much there."

Gawain nodded in agreement, "It's pretty cold outside of Ember City, probably because its all mountains. Not all fire types are as hearty as me and you."
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Zander had decided today was a good day for a walk the chaos that ensued was nothing short of shocking. He had just come from the east half of the city. He would 'dissolve' some smaller gangs and call it a morning workout, then he would get into a fight or two and leave. If he was really bored he'd go after some of the bigger fish in the pond. Though he didn't have an assignment it was too nice of a day to spend fighting. If people would just be smart enough to stop trying to mug him things would be so much easier. It was stupid that he even went into that part of the city yet still he did, to the shock of his colleagues and others.

He was to busy thinking to notice that a certain group of blades members. It wasn't untill they were too close to avoid them that Zander noticed the group. He was relieved to see it was only Wyeth and Sayumi, he usually got along with them. Just as he was thanking his good luck a redhead catch up with them and he groaned. It was either hit or miss with Russell, despite the years they all had worked together they weren't really friends. "Hello Sayumi, Wyeth, Russell. Didn't think I would bump into you. As far as I know there isn't anything we have to do today. Unless that's changed I'm going out for lunch." Zander smiled at them trying to convince them he was capable of relaxing in such a big city.

The long haired woman let out a deep sigh, the man's irritation still crystal clear in his voice. She realized that it was a bit foolish to travel alone and with only one Pokemon on top of that. Plus, Yosuke didn't look too capable of fighting without his Eevee either. But then again, not everyone was as confident and capable as Wyeth or the other higher ranked Blades of Seloca members. She let out another, softer, sigh as she placed her hand on top of Lucario's head, his short, soft fur bringing comfort to the slightly troubled woman.

"Yes, sir. They should be near--" Before she could finish her sentence, she heard a familiar voice. When she turned to see who it was, the man's red hair already made it obvious. It was Russell. Moments later, the blonde haired Zander came around and greeted them as well. In her opinion, she got along with them both fairly well. However, Russell could be a bit annoying and Zander was slightly hotheaded. Well, other than that, they were good men. "Hello, Russell, Zander. "

Ebony's short ears were pressed back against her head. That Shinx looked happy... The Sneasel wondered what it felt like to be stroked. During the short time that she had been with Shou, she had always shied away from him during his attempts. It was disorientating for her to suddenly be someone's companion, much like having to obey commands. Rebelling against Shou and charging towards those Geodude certainly hadn't been a smart idea, however, the Sneasel remembering the pain of being hit by multiple Rock-type attacks. The scowl faded away, with Ebony remaining against Basilisk. The Servine's concern brought comfort to her, the Dark-type offering him a small smile. "Don't worry about it, sweetie. I'm sure I only need to rest a little."

Listening to Suzume, Shou nodded, understanding the distress she went through. "Some journeys are harsher than others...that's just the way it is sometimes," Shou mused, a hand moving up to his chin. " 'Always prepare for the unexpected', that's what my father used to say," he continued, his eyes meeting with Suzume's. "Lux is fortunate to have you as her trainer, Suzume. I'm sure she is grateful for what you did."

"Krow!" Ferion cawed from his shoulder, seemingly agreeing with what Shou said. The bird Pokemon's attention remained on Lux though, appearing to be vigilant of the Electric-type.

A hum came from the male trainer in reply to what Suzume said; a hand subconsciously seeking its way to his neck. Sleeping on the hard ground during the Winter had put a lot of stress on his neck. It was stiff beyond belief, and it was a wonder that he wasn't cringing every time he moved. "Ah, yeah. I get what you're saying. Sleeping in the wilderness can be...risky," he acknowledged somewhat hesitantly, pausing for a short moment. "...I was chased by a Tauros once. Believe me when I say that it wasn't a pleasant experience." Speaking of the Tauros, it reminded him that he hadn't talked to his parents for a while now. He should probably call them in the morning.

"Oh, Zander's here, too! Hey!" Russell said grinning. While he and Zander weren't necessarily close or 'friends' or anything like that, they had worked together for the Blades for a while, so he at least considered him an acquaintance, which was pretty close to a friend in his book. As for Wyeth, he didn't really know him all that well, but in Sayuri's case, she seemed the most tolerant.

"Actually, I had the same question. Is there anything we're doing today?" He wasn't really sure what he'd do if they didn't. Heck, if anything he could just tag along with Zander. They could try to get to know each other better over lunch or something.
--------------------------------------------------------------

Rowan seemed to love the idea of traveling and the more she talked the more it seemed that she had done a lot of thinking and planning concerning it. "It's really a shame you can't find anyone to travel with." Shay said. Almost without thinking, she added "I'd go with you, but-" She stopped herself before she finished that sentence. She was perfectly aware that she didn't like traveling with other people, which made her a pretty bad candidate for recommending traveling in groups. She looked away for a moment, then back to Rowan. "I mean, maybe I could go with you. I don't really have anywhere specific to go to." It wouldn't hurt to travel with someone for a little while, would it?

Blaze proudly sat up in an attempt to look taller. "Yup," She barked in agreement. "You need to be very hearty and strong if you want to travel out here."

Status
Not open for further replies.