Left Brain or Right Brain

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

megane-kun

Original poster
[this was lifted from an article from Australia's Herald Sun's webpage: http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/0,21985,22556281-661,00.html ]

THE Right Brain vs Left Brain test ... do you see the dancer turning clockwise or anti-clockwise?
0,,5693171,00.gif

If clockwise, then you use more of the right side of the brain and vice versa.

Most of us would see the dancer turning anti-clockwise though you can try to focus and change the direction; see if you can do it.

LEFT BRAIN FUNCTIONS
  • uses logic
  • detail oriented
  • facts rule
  • words and language
  • present and past
  • math and science
  • can comprehend
  • knowing
  • acknowledges
  • order/pattern perception
  • knows object name
  • reality based
  • forms strategies
  • practical
  • safe

RIGHT BRAIN FUNCTIONS
  • uses feeling
  • "big picture" oriented
  • imagination rules
  • symbols and images
  • present and future
  • philosophy & religion
  • can "get it" (i.e. meaning)
  • believes
  • appreciates
  • spatial perception
  • knows object function
  • fantasy based
  • presents possibilities
  • impetuous
  • risk taking

----------
There. Despite that most of my friends can see it either counter-clockwise or both, I can only see it spin clockwise. Much to my disappointment. Anyways, how do you guys see the spin?

agghh this thing drives me crazy cuz i'll be watching it and it'll go clockwise and then in the middle just switch to counter clockwise @_@

Yeah. I see it clockwise. ONLY clockwise.

But then I read the descriptions for left and right brain functions. I SUCK AT MATH AND LOGIC. And I'm pretty much USELESS at strategy (say hello to the suckiest person on WARCRAFT III ever!)

So yes. Clockwise. O_o;1lkajsdflkjasdflkj!!

I see both...o.o At first it was anti-clockwise for the longest then it went clockwise.... >_<

o_O

It's clockwise unless I really concentrate.

How the.... who the... why.... how HOW??!!

WAHHHHHHHH! I finally saw it rotate counter-clockwise! YAY! my left brain is still alive!

----------
@asmo:
just as i had suspected, your right brain is very much dominant. ^_^

I see it clockwise too.. but when I am drunk I see it go anti-clockwise! Does that mean I am more logical when drunk?

I saw it spinning clockwise and I was like bleh, spin anti you fool ! And then it swapped.

Really weird =_=

IT WONT STOP SPINNING ANTI CLOCKWISE ;___;

THIS IS FREAKY

It keeps... switching. Most of the time it's clockwise, but it keeps switching.

I think it makes sense. I'm naturally more right-brained, but my life-experiences have forced me to exercise the left.

clockwise only.

I can make it spin both ways. Man, I wish this stuff would come out when I need it to, like at school dangit! D:<

Sakii's brain hurts. The thing is ANTI CLOCKWISE now. It doesn't go back to Clockwise.

;___;

clockwise only.
ahaha~ same as i was yesterday. but i think you can make it spin both ways... (or at least that's what i want to believe)

----------

Sakii's brain hurts. The thing is ANTI CLOCKWISE now. It doesn't go back to Clockwise.

;___;

try focusing on the foot's shadow. when you'd notice that it just sways back and forth, you can shift your focus back to the spinning girl, hopefully she'd have changed her rotation by then XD

Entirely right brained- with maybe four of the left brain abilities. :)

philosophy & religion? does that mean i can like one and ignore the other or that i lean towards both?

HAHAHAHAHA! i have towave my finger anti clockwise, but i can make the harlot change directions!

*Yes, i did jsut spend around 10 minutes insulting/threatening/growling at my laptop screen to get the wench to spin the other way, but, in the words of larry, I "Git Er Done!"*

I can force myself to percieve it as going in either direction I feel like making it go.

I still can't figure out how they made this image ._.

EDIT: Here's how I force myself to percieve it to change direction. (It works with me, perhaps it might work with you guys.)

To make it spin counter-clockwise, try calculating a math problem. Me, I tried to read and make arguments for posts for no reason than to test.

To make it go back to spinning clockwise - think of something magical/ a scene from anime or a movie with fantastic elements. Let your imagination run wild.

CLOCKWIIIIIIIIIISE

I can will it to spin counter-clockwise, but only if I concentrate. The moment I break my concentration, it goes back to clockwise.

She isn't spinning at all for me...is this bad?

But I did notice that she has nipples.

Oh hey, they're spinning!

Whoa! I found out how to make it change direction at will! Awesome!

I just watch the feet!

EDIT

I tried it Paorou's way just now! Holy shit that works even better!

Status
Not open for further replies.