Left Behind

Hope looks up at Sorrel.
"Around? I came in. Ran into Sean. Told him his brother was going to get taken away from him, drank water, screamed a whole bunch, passed out, woke up, fell over a few times, read a book with a puppy and talked to you.... Looking around would be nice..." She offered. "Jesus I caused a mess" she said asan afterthought At the mention on its species the stanly picked his head up yawned and curledupin her lap again. Hope picked upthe small animal and stood up next to sorrel.
"Oh this is stanly" she added.

29disdc.jpg

I chuckle "Let me guess Juliana gave him to you" I say patting the small dog on the head. "Well then Hope lets get started" I say leading the way out of the clinic and into the hall.​

Stanly yawned and Hope rubbed the dogs head.
"Okay" she says walking after Sorrel. Hopes wings still hung limply from her back. Hope pauses at the Door to the doo and gazes back at the room where her life changed. Then she stepped through the door and out into the busy base after Sorrel.

29disdc.jpg

I walk calmly down the busy hall everyone seemed to be on edge after the attack on Aiden and Hope, and then Sean and me. I take a glance behind me to make sure Hope was following. Before entering a room filled with more people. The room was an off-white color, with some drawings on the walls from the younger angels. Blue and white tiles covered the rooms large floor, and serving tables lined one wall. The cooks worked furiously serving the many angels dinner. Though the majority of the room was filled with circular wooden tables, at which people were eating. On the far corner Sean sat staring at an urn. Every once in a while one of his "admirers" came up to try (and fail) at comforting him. I couldn't blame the girls he was the master of the guards and very handsome. I turn to Hope "This is the cafeteria" I say "we get all our meals here breakfast, lunch and dinner. They're serving dinner currently. Want to grab something to eat?" I ask.

2ex63ps.jpg

I sit in the cafeteria looking aimlessly at the urn, my little brothers chard remains of his wings. I had never felt so mad....or sad. The dark angels had taken everything from us! I hated them they hunt us down for what? To turn us? Make us amuse then as performers? Did they think it was fun? Why the hell had we been left behind? We're the white angels the good guys, so why had we been left by everyone to run from darkness...forever. Angels couldn't die a few had already tried to get out that way. It never worked, ever. What had we done to earn such a fate. What did I do wrong...?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hope
Hope couldnt help but catch Sorrel's gaze. She felt very inclined to run and hide from Sean. But she couldn't help but admire how his hair floped into his eyes and how his grim face made his facial features stand out. Although the expression did not suit him. It didn't stop him from looking handsome. Then the scent of food reached her nose. She then became very aware that she hadn't eated in a good 6 days.
"Food would be amazing" she said her stomach growled. And Hope was almost positive that her stomach was very autoble.
"Like really amazing" she said with a laugh. her personality was coming back a little through the cracks of her sore excuse for a life.

Erik
Erik was sitting in the cafeteria when the new kid walked in.
"Hey Welcome bro" he said lightly punching him on the shoulder "welcome to the dark side. We have cookies... Like really good cookies" he said grinning. The kid was giving him a stange look. "Bruh were the good side, seen any chicks Ya like? Say what's your name? And bro I just want to say. Dark Angels are really hot" he added "so bruh." Erik said stairing the newbie down

Michael
Michael was walking through the throne of the garden. The garden had been dead for... Well since the virus. Since Hope, Celena, mom and dad died. He had been alone, But there was still the garden. And that what's tied him to his favorite of his two sisters. He missed hope. She was his best friend. And now she was dead. Michael got stuck in a patch of thorns. He cried out in pain. And looked back to see thorns tangled in his wings. He cried out and quickly stoops to untangle the thorns from his wings.
With bloodied hands, Michael looks down at where his wings were caught moments ago. The patch looked like a dove had been killed there. White feathers sprawled out everywhere. With blood on them splattered from the Parts of his wings that were flesh. He sighed. What would Hope say if she say him like this? Hope would be with him. She would walk him though his fears and make it better. That's what she did. She was Hope Ember. The spark that never died out. She hated when he said that but it was true. She was a spark. A flame. She was the light at the end of the tunnel. And she was dead. Michael had never seen her body. But it was the virus. He had only learned from his fathers notes that 1% of the population could survive the virus. And the chances of 2 in 1 family were slim to none. He missed hope. More then Celena. Celena was a brat that got what ever she wanted. Since she was mom's favorite. He was his dad's favorite. And Hope was just Hope. She was the perfect sister. And the only thing he had to remind him of her was the patch of thorns that she had planted in hopes that one day ripe and fruitful blackberries would grow. She knew those were his favorite fruit.

Kaitlyn
Kaitlyn quite not the same as her co-leader, Lillith. While the other girl acted like a spoiled brat, Kaitlyn was far more sophisticated, waiting, teasing, controlling. She would get what she wanted, no matter if it meant she had to wait for days. Lillith on the other hand, would throw a hissy fit, growing further and further into the annoyance of Kaitlyn. One day, she would overthrow that brat of a girl. So the darkhaired girl sat in a chair, her legs kicked up on a desk as she waited for the result of the hunt. She had been supposed to join in, to join in on hunting down the girl, on making sure non of her hunts got killed, but when she heard Lillith left before her? Well... One could say it as easy as her not wanting to spend a second more than necessary with her.
On her lap there was a book, with the names of every dark angel they had under them. And even it was so that she didn't have any relation to her sister anymore, she wanted the girl there. She wanted to have her sister around, even if it was just to kick her around. And one day, she would.
Constance
"Darling! You cannot possibly add that much salt" Constance huffed and walked over to one of the girls standing by a big pan of boiling soup, bumping her to the side with her hip. "You add the salt into your hand, then you take a pinch, and then throw it into" As she spoke, Constance was busy with trying to think of a way to counteract the saltiness, and added another pinch of pepper that they had. That should help.
"Also, when the new girl arrives, let me know. I want to give her a proper welcome and tell her she can come to me if she ever needs a little midnight snack" She spoke with gentle smiles and just after she said so, she heard a voice out in the room. Oooh! Sorrel was around, and so was the new girl then!
So with the kitchen apron still around her, she picked up two pieces of cake that they kept in the freezer, for big events, and walked out, the cakes already unfreezed.

"Try to eat a little bit" she whispered to Sean, just placing the cake by him, before she walked over to Sorrel and the new girl. "Oh well hello sweetheart!" She smiled kindly, holding out the little plate with chocolate cake. "I know it can be quite a shock to be introduced to this life, so here's a little cake to help you with the transition. And just so you know, if you ever need a shoulder to cry on, or a extra bowl of soup at night, just come find me"

cooltext1787127606.gif
Braden entered the hotel finally taking of enough fresh air he was hungry now. He usually skipped dinner just to be away from the other white angels for a while. But he could only go without eating for so long. He made his way to the kitchen adverting his gaze from everyone then taking a banana from the fridge and heading over to the fireplace pulling his guitar into his lap and strumming as always​

The door to the kitchen flew open and an angel emerged from the kitchen carrying 2 plates of cake. Hope had to double check herself to make sure she was drooling. The cake looked like it was made from clouds woven and baked together. The icing looked like fluff made from deliciousness. The cake looked like heaven.
Hope's eyes followed the Angel as she walked the plate across to Sean. The she started heading toward herself and Sorrel
She must be bringing Sorrel food. But she was plensently suprised when the angel was standing in frount of them offering the plate to her. Her stomach purred. The cake looked so good.
"Oh Hi, I'm Hope" she said smiling "Yeah this place is kinda intimidating..." She said sheepishly. "Thank for the cake.... Uh sorry I didn't catch your name...?"

t8m9s8.png

I look curiously at the guy who started talking to me "Cookies are...nice" I say "Oh ok" I felt really weird it seemed odd being here. I might as well try to fit in. "no I haven't seen any..."chicks" I like yet. My names Aiden, oh that's cool...but um if you don't mind me asking as oppose to who?" I finish I was still really confused. I couldn't remember anything after the infection.

29disdc.jpg

I was happy to see people already accepting hope unlike I did at first. But my hatred for the dark angels had changed that. I was going to make sure first had they wouldn't get what they wanted. I nod to Braden as he walks in and plays his guitar. He had always seemed a little distant but his music was very nice. I change my attention back to hope "eat what you like. I'll be showing you the training room next." I say to her.

2ex63ps.jpg

Constance takes me by surprise, but I'm grateful all the same. I look up at her thankfully, my lips pressed into a small but real smile. I begin picking at the cake normally it would already be gone right now. Though I was not so hungry for some strange reason. But it wasn't so strange I missed my brother, I knew I'd never see him again. I press the frosting covered fork to my tongue and let the sweet taste of cake melt in my mouth. I let out a content sigh, Constance's cake was the greatest. My tense shoulders relax and I finally have something to be happy about.

5euah2.png

I sit in my dirty small room trying desperately to clean my battered blood covered wings. You could barely tell they were white anymore, the only time they were ever clean was during performances. And it didn't take long for someone to mess them up. I sigh clutching my bony hands in my lap, I couldn't stand this. Still I had to there was no way out, it was my fault for leaving the base.​

Hope
Hope looks over at the the food and she restrains herself from running to the food. She liked her plate high with Mac and cheese. With pears and apples on the side. She looked around the room and didn't really know where to sit. The only person she knew was Sean she took a breath set stanky down and carried her plates to the table he was sitting at
"Hi, uh do you mind if I sit here?" She asked timidly

Erik
"On right Bro, so sorry I forgot you were new. You are what we call a dark angel. You were what we call a White angel. We hate them, we hunt them down and we change them. Your one of us now. And we're going to hunt them all down every.ast one. Well get them all. All they can do is hide." Slowly Erik's face darkened but when he was finished his face lightened up "there's this one, she's new on the white side, I haven't heard much about her but, we'll get her... Actually ive been told you gave your self up for her that'll be interesting" Erik smirked "so bruh, cookies right?"

t8m9s8.jpg

I nod as he explains "oh ok thanks" I say as he finished explaining. I did hate them I just didn't know why, they hadn't done anything to me I just did. Then he adds about me saving some new girl "really?" I say a little confused. I think I would remember sacrificing myself for someone. Maybe it was that girl that I saw a flash of at that house. I shake it off and smile "yeah cookies" I say.

2ex63ps.jpg

I look up at the girl and recognize her as Hope, the girl Aiden had found. I nod pulling out the chair and looking back down at the cake. I sit there silently for a while then I break the silence. "Did my brother say anything, just anything..." I ask looking slightly up at her my head still facing downward.​

Hope
Hope had started to dig in to her food, when Sean asked her about his brother. Hope froze, she set down her fork down, tucked a free strand of hear behind her ear then set her hands in her lap, And looked up.
"Well, he said that he loved you, and he said that you were a pain in the ass sometimes, but for the most part that he loved you" she said the free strand of hair behind her ear falling loose from her ear.
"I'm sorry, this is all my fault. I'm so sorry."

Erik
Erik saw something flash behind Aiden's eyes. "You remeber something! You remeber her! Tell me everything! You have to!" Erik pressed

Kaitlyn
Eventually, the young woman, with black eyesc grew tired and rose from her seat, leaving the office locked behind her. If Lillith wanted to get in, she could just find her. Simple as that.
So dressed in jeans, and a tank top that sat closely to her chest, Kaitlyn walked into the cafeteria, her walk more or less a strutt. Her hips swayed for each step, the black wings resting against her shoulderblades, and her hands were resting against the pockets of her jeans.
She watched around, seeing who were therec before she walked towards the drinksc pouring herself a glass of water.

2ex63ps.jpg

I chuckle "yep that's him" I say my brother was always able to crack a smile even when his entire life was at stake. "still won't let me out live the 7th grade" I say smiling looking off into the distance. "Thank you" I say focusing on her again. "Just to let you know I'm not mad at you" I say "my brother did what he did for a reason...it wasn't your fault. You must be pretty special for him to do that right off the bat, or he's just really desperate." I finish with a laugh.

t8m9s8.jpg

"Oh um I uh well I just remember a girls face that's it. It could be a relative for all I know, it's just the only thing I remember. Other than everything before the virus my mom Molly my dad James and my brother Sean. They're probably all dead though." I say caught off guard I wonder why they wanted this new girl anyway...​

Hope
"I don't see how I could be special, I only knew him for an hour tops, he, uh saved my life... I guess. I don't really know what would've happened to me.... And oh god I'm making it worse aren't i?" Hope said grasping for words "you may not be mad at me, but I'm mad at me. I was hiding and the first time I see signs of people I get someone killed. I'm a horrible person I can't believe that this would ever happen to me, all this, I expected to be dead this time last year I--" Hope breathed. "I'm sorry, I'm babbling bad habit I guess" she said and smiled sheepishly.

Erik
"Nope it's definetly her, you remember all your family, you don't remember the people that you met before you got turned, blood is blood, and she isn't your blood, them you would remember her, so go on, spill" Erik said

t8m9s8.jpg

I shake my head "That's all I remember just a flash of someone face, no name no nothing just that..." I say and I was telling the truth that was all I could remember. I felt bad not knowing anything but I couldn't lie. Then I notice the women who had just walked in she seemed important. "Who's that?" I ask gesturing to the women.

2ex63ps.jpg

I laugh "oh don't be mad at yourself it's the dark angels fault. They're the ones that trapped you guys, giving you no other course of action." I say grin "and as for your blabbing I get it, use to do that in oh 10th grade" I add it had felt like ages sense I'd smiled let alone laughed.

29disdc.jpg

I bite my lip as Hope goes to sit with Sean. How would he react he had every right to be mad. Then I see him laugh and my jaw might have dropped. I smile happy to see Hope fitting in. I look over at Braden still playing his guitar. I walk over to him slowly "Hello" I say my lips pressed into a thin smile "your playing is really beautiful" I add.​

Hope
"Oh wow..." Hope breathed letting a little laugh fall though her usually guarded voice "10th grade, I can't believe that was 2 years ago-- for me... Everything was normal back then...last year I was applying to colleges, I was in the IB diploma program, my GPA and my horse was all that mattered to me, and now..." Hope Breathed "I was a senior, I'm 18 by the way, not that, that would matter that much" she said brushing the stray hair from her face again and laughed a little. "We're you going to Collage?" She asked picking her fork up again and starting to eat the long awaited for in her plate of food

Erik
Erik shrugged. "She's supposed to get your memories, but" he shrugged "you feel nothing about her...." He pressed

2ex63ps.jpg

"Yeah I was a collage boy" I say grinning "I was studying medicine I had wanted to be a doctor sense I was little. You would think I'd be in the medical department here. It just wasn't meant to be." I say trailing off. I had left school to stay with my family once the outbreak started. I had stayed there with Aiden, my mom, and my dad until only Aiden and I were left."But the past is the past." I say "and we have to look to the future" I add goofily.

t8m9s8.jpg

"I mean I feel like a knew here I just can't recall much detail" I say still wondering who exactly the lady who just walked in was. "Is she the leader here" I ask him.​

cooltext1787127606.gif
Braden was surprised someone actually even acknowledged his presence. He'd admit it. He was pretty lonely. In fact in really bad need of a friend. But he couldn't draw himself to be come involved with any of these people because of his past. Everyone who once was close to him had either died or a dark angel and it hurt like hell. He would do anything. Anything to avoid hurting like that again. Not that he wasn't still hurting. He was just numb. That numbness was a crude reminder for him to stay away so he wouldn't get close to them. They wouldn't know his past.

A guitar string snapped.
"Bloody hell.."
He was truly one of the most unlucky males alive. He didn't even know where his girl- best friend was. She'd disappeared along with the rest of his friends. He shook his head and stood throwing the damned thing down.

He gazed around at the people around him eating and talking as if this were normal. As if their family and friends weren't dead. It pissed him off. Beyond pissed.
"What the hell is wrong with you people?!" He growled his wings spreading along with his anger, black speckled white wings taking up the length of the fire place length.
"Youre Parents are dead! Most of you're friends are probably dead too!"
He kicked the guitar rising into the air.
"Damn It! We have wings! And you don't even act like you care! Were not going to survive! Were all going to die so, stop being ignorant and grow the hell up!"

With that he flew up towards the roof. He needed to calm his temper.

Hope bit her lip a little to hard. She made a small gasp sort of noise as the taste of blood springs to her mouth. It was really painful all of a sudden. Medical stuff... Dad, Michael, mom, Celena. Staying by the bed holding her hand while her baby sister died. Celena was only 16 not far off from getting her license, to driving. And she was taken from her in a heart beat. Then her Mother had died. She held in a little stronger then Celena had. And again she had held her mother's hand while she died. She was on the right. And Michael on the left. Dad was coming from work. He was the best doctor to fight the virus and when Celena and Mom caught the virus, he startd to try to find the cure. Then he himself caught it. Michael and Hope didn't even know. Their father hadn't told them he kept it hidden and let his 2 older children greive for their family by themselves until one day he just didn't come home. And the next until they both came to the concusion that their father had died.
Then Michael caught it. He was horrified. He sent Hope away. Telling her that she was safer away from him. Hope told him she wouldn't leave her Older brother that she would die with him. But he sent her off. And that's how she ended up hiding.
"Yeah Medics are always fun, my dad was a doctor" she said the blood wasn't doing a very good job on clotting. "The past is so much better then the present. It's so much sadder. But atleast in the past you know what happens. It's no surprise and then the greaving won't be too long" Hope said her expression darkening.
Then that one angel stood up. He was screaming at them. Saying that they were ignorant. That they were going to die. Hope's whole body felt numb. The bite in her mouth had stopped bleeding but still had the bloody earthy metallic taste. Every word that that angel said hit her like a 5 pound bag of bricks. Everything she cared about she lost, and. Everyone she loved she not only lost but watched then die. She stood there with them. While they died. Her hands were shaking she dropped her fork. Everything came crashing back. This was happening. She was totally and compleatly alone.
"Oh wow look at that. I'm such a cluz" she said grasping for something to say after the good minute of breaking off after she had stopped talking. Stanly was curled up around her leg alseep. A reminder that everything was going to be okay. But it hurt so damn much. She seen so much and cause so much trouble it felt like a crashing dam. Everything hurt. And she couldn't stand it any longer. She didn't feel strong anymore. She caved inwardly. And that's when the tears started to fall.