Leaving the Pack

Erm ^^;
Haha, sorry. I'm just getting so bored with people not posting..

sorry I just moved so I'm trying to settle in I'll try to get a post up today though T_T

If this is still open, and if you've use for the idea, I've been long toying with the idea of a girl with lycanthropy... not a werewolf but a human who would be a potential ally, coming from the 'human' world.

Yes, it's open; seems like an interesting idea though I'm not exactly sure what you mean by saying 'not a werewolf but with lycanthropy'.
Just go ahead and put up a character sheet, including the distinguishing details and whatnot.

Quick question, just double checking what kind of time frame this is set in? You have elves and werewolves and gods and such, so it isn't like a modern fantasy right?

I imagine it more as a midieval-fantasy style world.
It's possible the group will encounter some kind of slightly higher-tech culture later on; that isn't too important just now though.

I thought so, good.

Let's see... you have characters leaving the pack, how about one looking for a pack? Thought I'd offer a conflicting human culture too. If its too out there or just doesn't work with your stories feel free to shoot me down I don't mind. I just love the idea of your world and wanted to expand it a little...

Name: Lydie

Race: Human

Appearance: Five foot two, very fair skinned but usually a touch sunburnt. Lydie has curly, chocolate brown hair cut off just above her shoulders and wide, pale blue eyes. Pretty, but nothing special. Usually barefoot, she tends to shed the heavier layers of her dresses down to a basic white, knee length cotton camisole. Around her neck she wears a small bronze medal of the patron saint of madmen and fools, a gift from an Abby Father who knew he wouldn't be able to stop her running away.

Abilities: While not as strong or fast as a proper werewolf Lydie is a great deal stronger than an average man, certainly moreso than a girl her size ought to be- simply because she doesn't know she ought not to. She is also a great deal more in tune with her senses, her hearing, eyesight and sense of smell on par with a normal wolf's. She is also unusually perceptive (for a human) as to peoples' motivations, whether they be good or evil.

Weaknesses: Lydie is not as intelligent as humans or a werewolf, and her ability to percieve peoples' intentions is only as useful as their view of their actions. She has repeatedly returned to be mistreated by the Abby Fathers because they are trying to help her.

Weapons: A wood hatchet.

Character:. Lydie isn't stupid, but she suffers from the human illness Lycanthropy; she has the mind and heart of an animal. She can speak, but her reasonings and motivations are primarily basic survival instinct: food, warmth, affection. She is generally sweet but fairly quiet, understanding she is missing something. She knows she doesn't belong, but she still has the pack mentality, the desire for family.

History:. Found as a child lost, or possibly abandoned, on the steps of an Abby. As Lydie grew older it grew more obvious there was something wrong with her. Most of the Fathers and Sisters, believing she was posessed, or possibly touched by one of the pagan gods (a dominant human religion worshiping human saints they believe became the embodiment of various cultural virtues) have put her through various clensing fasts and exorsizms, but the truth is she just isn't human- she's a wolf trapped in a human body. She is a repeat runaway, wandering the countryside and wilds... one of the Fathers, knowing how slim the odds she would return to the same Abby twice and loving her more than his own faith, scratched a waning moon on the flipside of her medal along with Lydie's name, calling on Iluna to protect her Touched Child.
__

Hope the saints thing doesn't offend any christians, but some of the stuff that went on in midieval times was pretty scary you gotta admit.

I see, I rather like this idea. It even raises the possibility of a certain ethical dilemma later on.
As far as the religion full of saints goes, it could certainly work as something prevalent in a particular region or a few countries, and said region would be an interesting place to give the little pack some reason to visit later on.

In about my next post or the one after that the group will have left the forest and you can start. I'll probably let you know at that time as well.

Woot! I will keep a careful eye out, you just tell me when you want me. Opps I didn't say that was the dominant human religion did I? I meant 'a', I didn't want it to be 'the' let me fix that.