Learning to be free

As she put her head on his shoulder, he woke up. He looked at her a bit puzzled, before saying "Good morning"

"morning. Come now it is time to move out. Thy itch to return to their homes"

Z'greel got up and stretched. He hadn't slept that well in a long time. "So, how far is it until we are at your home?" He asked

" the eleven encampment is a day away, my home is two days away. You will probably stay in the camp. More people and... Work. My home is secluded"

He sighed heavily. "Yeah, I guess being a free man doesn't mean you don't have to work." he said, not exactly brimming with joy.

" but you'll be paid for it. You can always join me if you wish. I live up the mountain. I'm a hunter"

"We'll see when we get there. I'll think about it." He said, stretching.

She does not truly care what he does and she helps pack up, once again once the caravan is moving she jumps into the trees and scouts abead

Z'greel helps pack onto the carts, and gets on one of them. He then looked after her, as she jumped into the trees. He wondered what she was doing, but decided not to question it.

She returns about half way through the trek and sits in the wagon by him, she looks a little tired from te way her shoulders sag but it's nothing serious

It's not long before the caravan reaches the even encampment. She wakes and it's clear that the other elves steer away from her. She shows him where the other freed lizard men are and looks about town getting supplies, giving him half an hour til she returns, " do you wish to remain here or travel with me to my home?"

"Well, I feel in debt to you, since you were the one who freed me, so I guess I'm coming with you." He answered.

She arches a brow although he cannot see it, " z'greel you owe me no debt, if you wish to remain here then do so, you must walk with me to my home. I have no wagon, it will be tough for you. You are welcome to come but feel no obligation to do so"

"Well, I still feel obliged. And for me, who I live with matters little, as I've lived with most races at some point. So, I guess if you don't want me to come with you, I'll just stay here then. Try to get to know some of my own kin and whatnot." He said, not sure what else to say.

She shrugs and looks at him, " if you're coming get your things and follow me. You'll need supplies for the road and we need to purchase them and get a move on before it is too late in the day"