Leaders of Iwaku Block

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shape-Shift town for a blue land that can be sacrficed to draw three cards?

(loathe as I am to see shifter town be sacrificed, over and over again...)

I didn't make it in. Awwww.

Possible characters/ideas to incorporate for the future.

Trolls, Flamers, Deviants, Pimprats, and Hijackers...essentially the n00b army. With Elder Scorpion.

Diana

Drake-Green/white warrior...fantastical creatures all run under his banner.

Artifact- Legacy, Torment, and Promise

Jack Shade is now a legendary human or planeswalker (whichever or whatever you think...pilots Legacy and has affinity with artifacts and such now)

Harbinger

Verunn Hill

Diana's Ultimatum

Zypher, King

Angelic Kitti

Homac and Engel

Piro

Xindaris

((By the by...an idea but should the shapeshifter block have 'morph' as the ability?))

Ah yes!

The Reaper

Confluence Bomb

and legendary lands possibly

Insanity

Airune Forest

Dystopia

Shapeshifter Town

and also you have Diana's space station.

Old Jack would be black/white with regenerate and some other ability to suffice his lone warrior complex. He also made armor and weapons so maybe artifact ress.

Further edit: I see what you meant about Jack being green...but an angelic regenerating ooze thing doesn't seem in the green pedigree. If you want an opposing force to Rory's green...use Drake. He's a wererat shifter warrior monk...guy. I can also supply names for various fantastical creatures that serve him as a fantasy creature army block

Vordicus the black dragon

Iothus the Green Dragon

Kalisha the fire mage

Iko the Harpy King

Shrea harpy Queen

Nix Subter chief

Obod- orc warchief

Dorn Nimblefingers- gnome enchanter

The ooze army

Tribe is known as Forsaken

Myrn also has a few NPC Shapeshifters he could use.

I didn't make it in. Awwww.

Possible characters/ideas to incorporate for the future.

Trolls, Flamers, Deviants, Pimprats, and Hijackers...essentially the n00b army. With Elder Scorpion.

Diana

Drake-Green/white warrior...fantastical creatures all run under his banner.

Artifact- Legacy, Torment, and Promise

Jack Shade is now a legendary human or planeswalker (whichever or whatever you think...pilots Legacy and has affinity with artifacts and such now)

Harbinger

Verunn Hill

Diana's Ultimatum

Zypher, King

Angelic Kitti

Homac and Engel

Piro

Xindaris

((By the by...an idea but should the shapeshifter block have 'morph' as the ability?))

Ah yes!

The Reaper

Confluence Bomb

and legendary lands possibly

Insanity

Airune Forest

Dystopia

Shapeshifter Town

and also you have Diana's space station.

Old Jack would be black/white with regenerate and some other ability to suffice his lone warrior complex. He also made armor and weapons so maybe artifact ress.

Further edit: I see what you meant about Jack being green...but an angelic regenerating ooze thing doesn't seem in the green pedigree. If you want an opposing force to Rory's green...use Drake. He's a wererat shifter warrior monk...guy. I can also supply names for various fantastical creatures that serve him as a fantasy creature army block

Vordicus the black dragon

Iothus the Green Dragon

Kalisha the fire mage

Iko the Harpy King

Shrea harpy Queen

Nix Subter chief

Obod- orc warchief

Dorn Nimblefingers- gnome enchanter

The ooze army

Tribe is known as Forsaken

Myrn also has a few NPC Shapeshifters he could use.

I have time today to answer some questions :). Let's see...we'll work from the top all the way down.

That very first one with the n00bou army. Yes that was the main idea behind this second set coming up. I will also let you know that the second set's name is Assault on Iwaku. You might have taken notice that most of the spiders in the first set were either defensive or research driven. In addition Vay managed to capture one and make it his own. *Points to the flavor text on the black spider construct.* So for this idea you got it spot on ;).

Next up is Diana, I had excluded her because there are three sets and three adminstrators (at the time this block was started.) I wanted a weak form then a strong from of these admins making six cards in total. Six divided by three is two admins per set. Correctly distributed there should be a weak admin and a strong one in each set. For set one you saw Weak Asmo and Strong Rory. The next two sets will have Diana both weak and strong. (And by weak and strong I mean the difference between legendary and Planeswalker.) So once again you caught my ideas red handed. Heh heh.

Drake.....who? All the fantasy creatures (ie Goblins, Elves, etc.) Have their own such tribes amongst them. This is a very different Iwaku and doesn't directly follow the storyline behind the main story. In fact it uses it mainly has a heavy guideline more than anything else. I will spoil that the Rotwood and Deepwood will eventually come together as a new Wood.......and wipe that smirk off your face.

This paragraph will cover pretty much everything ahead that uses a previous concept. I wanted something new really. Using old "Block Only" ideas was kind of a standard no-can-do thing for me. For instance, morph, was mainly Onslaught Block thus I wanted to avoid it. (Timespiral Block doesn't count as it was intended to break the bounds of the past and future.) As far as scry went, that's only practical with a set that now uses Fateseal as a main component. A sort of way to beat the so far most broken blue card since Jace the Mind Sculptor, Myrn.

The lands of unbasic origins will be coming as I continue the sets. Thank you for suggesting Verunn Hill I was looking for another to use.

Diana's Ultimatum pretty much goes along with the idea of previous cycles/abilities. Although Shards of So-and-so greatly resemble Shards of Alara they are a seperate cycle away from that and will be treated differently than the obelisks in that set. Diana will get her own spell but it just won't have Ultimatum attached to it.

Zypher, Kitti, Homac, Engel, Myself, and Xindaris. Zypher I was planning on removing and coming up with some way to fill the gap in later however now that you mention it. White is without a leader and after the defeat of Karsikan and his Templar's someone has to hold the banner. So our dear lord Zypher just might be the man. Kitti I was intending on putting in this next set as well to be the true savior that helped Karsikan escape from his death. I was taking a risk with Gabriel in this set and thought that some people might question his importance to it. Now that I see this Homac just might come to be as a card but I'm going to be saving him for the end set. Engel.....who? Myself, I have plans for myself, plans which also involve Miru, Sakura, Weavel, and Tux. Xindaris consider you have a slot reserved for third set as I will be needing to save some good'ns for the final brigade.

Now the next few cards pretty much represent some things that I've already touched on but I will state it again. It doesn't exactly follow Iwaku's main story, however, these lands will more than likely be included.

The Reaper and Confluence Bomb: The Reaper, you'll have to fill me in on such details. Confluence Bomb, I read a few minor details on it and know it was probably Asmodeus caused/related. It will more than likely be in the third set finishing off the Main Powers Cycle. (What the shards eventually turn into)

Instead of sticking on Regenerate I thought I'd just plop on a more white black Artifact style phrase called Indestructible. (Or I could give you something vaguely remiscent of Reanimator Deck stuff.) But the artificer Vay is still alive and will be the main force behind Black. Grumpy will be collaborating with pretty much everyone else on getting rid of these spiders. In the first one it was BRG vs. White vs. Blue vs. Artifact and now it will be WUBRG vs. Artifact. Along with some internal struggles of course. So black and white for Jack would be the best way to go about it.

Now don't think of me as rude or anything, I do love the creature names you've given and probably one or two might be used, however, Dragons are being drastically limited right now. Mainly it is due to their power factor. You look at most Red Dragons (main stream dragons) that have appeared they pretty much overshadow everything else in the set. Even if their mana cost is huge they still have abilities that seem like pffft elders have no chance going up against this thing. So Dragons I'm keeping rather limited. The Black Dragon in set one was pretty much there for Black Green to exist as an archetype. Corrosion Dragon + Wear and Tear = Savage Win. (In Limited if your so lucky.)

Thanks for the input and glad I could answer the questions. Hope people are excited now that I spoiled a few names and confirmed a lot.

Haha, I'm glad I was put in white... being classified as "angelic" by mythos would not match up with being put in say, a red deck... :3

Engel was, basically, Fluffy. Fluffy was a loyal servant to Rory, even committing betrayal to the Shapeshifters because the entire time, she was just a spy. Like a puppet to Rory; she was devoted to anything he asked her to do.

All along, she was a Goddess incarnate. At just the right time, she became Engel and killed Homac...

That's my very brief explanation. XD My sleep aids kicked in and I can't think straight, so you could always ask for some more elaboration from myself or Jack.

Depending on what Piro does with the history, Engel and Homac COULD be incorporated...but he might want to leave them out for simplicty's sake.

Fluffy was just ONE incarnation of Engel.

Engel is the goddess...a reincarnating deity ranging back to Peridox, and Simica.

Also...Drake is a character I almost use more than Jack Shade...he served as an adviser to Jack and an ally to Myrn.

Hey piro, have you heard of the Khaldra trio? Maybe we could do that with three legendary artifacts of Iwaku. If you don't know what the Khaldra trio is, I'll outline it below.

Sword of Khaldra (4 colorless, Legendary Artifact - Equipment)
Equipped creature gets +5/+5
Whenever equipped creature deals damage to a creature, remove that creature from the game.
Equip 4(c)
Shield of Khaldra (4 colorless, Legendary Artifact - Equipment)
Equipment named Sword of Khaldra, Shield of Khaldra, and Helm of Khaldra are indestructible.
Equipped creature is indestructible ("Destroy" effects and lethal damage don't destroy it)
Equip 4(c)
Helm of Khaldra (3 colorless, Legendary Artifact - Equipment)
Equipped creature has first strike, trample, and haste.
1(c): If you control equipment named Helm of Khaldra, Sword of Khaldra, and Shield of Khaldra, put a 4/4 colorless Avatar Legend creature token named Khaldra into play and attach those equipment to it.
Equip 2(c)

Also, I agree about shapeshifters having morph powers. Which leads to a card suggestion (not necessarily for the upcoming set):

Lycan Queen, Long Lost Ruler (6 colorless, 3 island)
Morph 4 colorless 3 island
When Lycan Queen, Long Lost Ruler is flipped face up, you can summon one shapeshifter from your hand or deck.
5/7
You can make up the flavor text. :)

The second set is out and I did clarify as to my decision of not including Morph in the set. However that may change as I continue making other sets beyond the Iwaku Mythos-y stuff. Of course I will return to it after I'm given enough time. And for relevance I'll include the link here to the second set and eventually the third in this block.

Assault on Iwaku

Coming Soon: Living Dead

Status
Not open for further replies.