Lead or Follow-- closed RP

Status
Not open for further replies.
"The murderer has been banished to the Next World over." the Kirin said frowning. "He's been punished-- though whoever hired him is still loose. It will be your duty to send the guard to continue looking."

The queen stood up and waited for her husband to do so as well. "With your permission, my husband and I will retire for the evening. Sunrise the day after tomorrow will be your coordination ceremony. It means that tomorrow, you will be busy with rehearsal and being fitted for a dress."

Ruiki moved the vale of ebony hair he wore out of his face, his blue eyes moving, albeit in vain, from the Queen back Octavia. "I can not see your expressions. You'll have to tell me if you're alright with what's happening. If not, plans can be changed."

Last edited by a moderator:
"Oh okay...well hopefully the killer killer can be caught soon then." she said gently. "I would hate to see what would happen if he continues to run freely like this for much longer." she explained.

Listening to the queen she quickly nodded her head. "Yes of course...and alright, sounds like tomorrow will be busy then." she said with a small smile that showed just how nervous she was about the whole thing happening. Looking to Ruiki she shook her head. "No I am fine. I am just nervous about messing things up is all." she told him gently. "I think I will be okay, but how would you change things if I am the one that has to do all of this?" she questioned.

The dark haired man looked confused for a moment. "I don't change anything." he stated honestly. "I've simply chosen the one most capable to bringing about change and order. I remain here to be your friend and adviser."

He stood up-- though as he moved, he changed. The man was gone by the time he reached his feet, replaced by a lean lithe ebony stallion. Or perhaps buck was the proper term? His hooves were cloven like a deer, though his build seemed stronger-- like that of a horse. A long winging tail like a lions balanced the black Kirin, with a single horn elegantly curving upward-- a small suborn stemming off the base, just over his eyes on the crown of his head. His flank was dappled in silver flecks.

He looked beautiful.

She looked at him and nodded her head a bit. "Okay...thank you." she said gently as she stood there. Unsure of what to do with herself, but then she was taken in awe as the man before her started to change. She looked him over, her eyes going wide, her hands coming up and rubbing them. As if to make sure that what she was seeing was indeed what she was seeing.

"Wow." she whispered as she stood there. "You are so pretty, you know that?" she asked as she took a step closer, before shaking her head and smiling. "I should let you be, I am sure you have other things you need to do. It was really nice meeting you." she said giving him a bow.

Ruiki stepped forward to meet her, his nose finding his way under her hand, nudging her. "I will follow you."

It was less heard out loud and more like a voice whispering into her ear. "As, uh, it's an odd circumstance with the Kirin being blind..." The King stood. "It would be wise for the two of you to stay close to one another. You are both new to this place and it would be good for you to learn together as one."

"Team building?" The Queen sounded amused.

The King nodded. "Should you need us, send one of the maids."

She was a bit shocked when she felt his nose go under her hand. Smiling gently she moved her hand gently up the front of his face and down to the side of his neck. "Alright." she said gently. She then looked to the king and nodded her head. "It is odd, but I won't let anything happen to him. I am sure he could tell if someone was sneaking up on him or something and that he is good at fighting. But still I will protect him as best as I can.' said cheerfully.

"Alright I will do that then, come on Ruiki let's explore a little bit." she said kindly. She kept one hand on the side of his neck as she started to walk and leave the room. It was all still very new to her and some what scary, but she did take a liking to Ruiki, and it made her more comfortable that he was staying at her side.

The Kirin moved quietly, only clicking slightly on the floors as his hooves landed. Though in the shape of an animal, it seemed much less like a pet obediently following her and more like what one might feel like with a tiger following alongside them. It was a bit intimidating, yet some how surreal. He kept close, always allowing for her hand to be touching him as they moved.

As they passed, people bowed, and whispers following in their wake.

A black Kirin. Was it an omen? Who was the quiet girl he had chosen to lead their nation? Perhaps the blind creature had made a mistake.

"Don't let them discourage you. Tell me about your home." Ruiki inquired as they walked. He did not marvel at the high ceilings around them, the white washed stone and elegance all around them. For one, in comparison it paled against his own grace, for another-- he could not see it anyway.

She stayed at his side as she walked, taking comfort from him just being there, even more so with all the whispers floating around when they passed. Just hearing it was making her question the choice as well. Maybe it truly was a mistake that he picked her, maybe it was meant for the next person and some how they had rubbed off on her. It was causing her to panic a bit, but when she heard his voice once more, she flinched and looked to him.

Smiling ever so softly she nodded her head a bit. "I will try not too. It's just...a bit overwhelming is all." she explained as he eyes trailed around. "Oh you want to hear about my home?" she asked as a true smile fell onto her face. "It's a beautiful place, we never had much. But my parents tried to make due with things. They made me a teddy bear when I was young, but it was missing an eye and an hear and had one stick as a leg. I loved it anyways. I still do." she said happily. "It's in my room on my bed right now."

"We have farm land, and woods at the back of my house, it's kind of hard to grow things, but we kept trying and slowly got a few plants and stuff to grow. Along with farm animals who really seem to like it there. We just have to keep a look out for wolves and foxes." she told him happily.

Ruiki listened, his ears on her as she spoke. "Did you ever ride horseback?" he asked, stopping.

They stood in a long hallway with doors on either side. According to one of the passer by maids, they were nearing the sleeping chambers. Ruiki's black mane nearly reached the ground as his fogged blue eyes stared intently at the young girl beside him. A Kirin, unlike a person, is made-- rather than truly born. They are adult from the moment they come into assistance, never having a childhood. Hearing about her home and the doll her parents made for her was an odd concept to him.

She nodded her head. "I have. My dad taught me, he prefers that I use a saddle, but I think ridding bare back is a bit more fun." she said laughing as she stood there. "Why do you ask?" she asked him tilting her head to the side.

She had stopped beside him, even more so when she heard a maid say that they were reaching the sleeping chambers. "If there is any place you want to go as well, we can do that." she told him kindly. "I also wander what your home life has been like, do you have like a mate too?" she asked tilting her head to the side. "You seem old enough to be married, or maybe it's because you seem more mature and that is why I think you would be." she explained.

"I'm one month old." Ruiki informed her. He shifted once more, his hand in hers. "Kirin's do not mate. We don't breed-- we're made. Not born." He explained. "As a messenger of the God's our duty is to our Monarch." They ended up occupying one of the empty rooms, Ruiki claiming a plush cousin on the floor with his legs crossed, leaving the bed for Octavia.

"There's a lot that you might not know. For instance, all of the maids and help in this palace are immortal-- humans who agreed to serve the royal families that cycle through in exchange for everlasting life. Immortality is granted to very specific people. Kings and Queens are immortal so long as their Kirin is alive. A Kirin is also immortal-- which mean we can't die due to time or starvation. The only way for an immortal to die is to have it's head removed, drown, or in the case of a Kirin the Inco Dissease." He explained. "It's a sickness that has claimed all but one Kirin in history. When a King or Queen becomes corrupt, that corruption poisons the Kirin-- slowly."

She held onto his hand as she followed him and nodded her head ever so slightly. "Oh wow, so you are really young. And that makes a lot of sense. So does that mean you can't love. Or when you love someone is it a different kind of love?" she asked as she went to sit down on the bed.

When he started to explain about the maids and help were immortal, her eyes went wide. "No way." she whispered as she watched him. She kept listening to him how ever and taking it all in. "I see..that is sad to hear that they will be poisoned slowly by someone's corruption." Octavia told him, the frown deepening on her face. "I don't think you have too much to worry about. I will do everything in my power to protect you. I already consider you as my friend you know." she said more cheerfully. "Ah that reminds me...I have heard stories of arranged marriages with kings and queens...and that a queen can't really rule by herself. I am not going to have to marry anyone right a way will I?" she questioned. "Will I be able to choose who I marry?"

"You don't have to marry at all if you do not want to." He said honestly. "You are the New Queen. You make the Laws. If you so choose, you may choose to pass a law allowing a Queen to rule on her own." He pointed out. Ruiki blew his long hair out of his face, offering Octavia a smile. "As for love, I think we can feel it. But we've never been shown it." He explained. "We have no parents, so we never learn it from them. And when we choose our leader, most view the Kirin as a symbol of holiness or hope-- and they're expected to them uphold that image."

"That's kind of sad that you have never been shown it." she told him gently. "I think everyone needs to be shown love at some point, it gives the world a whole new meaning. You will look at things differently too." she said kindly. Seeing him blow the hair out of his face she laughed gently and got up. Pulling out a ribbon from her pocket, she walked over to him and behind.

Taking his hair into her hands she gently started to pull it back, taking the ribbing and tying it for him. "There, this will take care of the hair being in your face for a little while." she told him kindly. "Why do you let it grow so long, not that it looks bad or anything." she said happily. "I know sometimes long hair is really hard to take care of." she explained. "And it makes me feel a lot better that I don't have to marry if I don't want too. It's still a ways off for me thinking like that. So I am not going to worry about it for now."

Status
Not open for further replies.