Posting Speed
  1. 1-3 posts per week
Writing Levels
  1. Prestige
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Primarily Prefer Male

7c1c36b41dab48b5db1e7b3c6820fd4c.png

The streets of 1950 New York seethes with discontent, from the vague tension even unwitting citizens could sense in the air, to the near instinctual agitation of cut-throats and thieves who unconsciously grow to fear the dark, to the pervading unspoken dread hanging like a guillotine blade over every conversation whispered between those in the know.

Strange occurrences popped up throughout the city like wildfire, disregarding past agreements, directly violating the Treaty. More worrying still are the increased disappearance of those with the Iron Fever, baffling the police with their peculiarity and raising numerous alarms across every Scire organization of any importance.

There are rumors of the return of the Fae Court for the first time in 50 years. Those who laughed off such rumors did so uneasily, hesitant to disregard troubling signs as mere fantasy.

The rise of the zealot Adam Prisc splintered the Changeling community into opposing factions while the Ironguard watches idly, confident in their seemingly immovable position of power.

All could feel the wind changing direction, carrying with it the stench of something foul and dangerous. Those who stand in the way of the tide risk everything, heart, mind and soul.

Art by Eddie Mendoza

Lead and Glamour is a noir-themed urban fantasy set in 1950 New York.

The Industrial Revolution had driven the wild and exotic Fae from this world with iron, steel and fire. Some of the Fae tried to find ways to return, leading to the creation of the Changelings some time in the 1840s, hybrid Fae and human creatures that while still not completely immune to iron were able to survive it.

But the Changelings couldn't be controlled for long, declaring independence during the 1870s and breaking free from their makers. Now they live among human in disguise, using their strange magic to hide themselves from the sight of regular people.

At the same time, the phenomenon known as the Iron Fever spread without apparent cause or cure, killing many while granting those who survived an aura of Iron that was toxic to Fae and Changelings alike. The core of those in New York founded the Ironguard to police the magical underworld, though many chose to keep to themselves and often away from the fae world entirely.

After a devastating war in the late 1890s that nearly spilled over into the normal world, the Ironguard and the elders within New York's Changeling community signed a Treaty, formalizing regulations and rules to contain the hidden world and to keep the peace.

But it has been 50 years since the war. A new generation has grown into power, arrogant Ironguards taking their privilege for granted and young hot-blooded Changelings straining against the chains of rules and oppression that hold them down.

The era of caution and peace have passed. The dark water of iron and magic boiled and bubbled, steaming rebellion like a bitter scent on the wind.

Last edited:
  • OMG
Reactions: Bone2pick and Kuno
I see u

• According to Plan
Reactions: Jays
don't ghost me you bastard
Also the Discord link is up now. The other 2 things are still under construction.

dammit Jays why you make such shiny things

• Love
So shiny *_*

I'll just watch from afar, mmkay

Signups and Lore are both finished. The links can be found on top of the Thread. Join the Discord server too for OOC.

Very impressive interest check. I love the tone and setting.

• Thank You
What's the par requirement if it's a two plus every post then it's not for me, because my writting varies on mood and creativity at the time.

What's the par requirement if it's a two plus every post then it's not for me, because my writting varies on mood and creativity at the time.
I don't judge on length but quality. Some people manage to pack more into a single paragraph than others do a 1k words running-on post. If you're confident in your ability to deliver impactful and effective short posts that both advance the narrative and provide enough room for reply I couldn't be happier. But honestly, based on your usual writing style I really don't think this one suits you.

I don't speak Scottish.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rads
*lets loose a string of swear words at you for turning our forgotten 1x1 idea into a group rp that I now demand to join

• Sweet
  • Haha
Reactions: Pahn and Joan
*lets loose a string of swear words at you for turning our forgotten 1x1 idea into a group rp that I now demand to join
In that case even though i don't do many of these i'm willing to give this a go

• Sympathy & Compassion
Reactions: Pahn
Discord link is updated to not expire. Apologies.

contemplating breaking my vow of hiatus to join this >:(

• Love
Reactions: sun.
Don't do it, rissa! It's a trap!

Reactions: love-deluxe
Wah, Jays, your worldbuilding is so, so good! <3

• Thank You
  • According to Plan
Reactions: rissa
Deadline's almost up guys. If you still have interest better get to it quickly. Cheers.