1. Intermediate
  2. Adept
  3. Advanced
  4. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Primarily Prefer Female
  2. No Preferences
Genres
Anything with Youkai, Japanese culture, Fantasy, Realistic, and almost all Originals (Except Touhou)
Le Cirque des Chimères Fascinantes de Polaris
The Circus of Enticing Dreams of Polaris
Genres to look for: Steam-punk/Cyberpunk; Fantasy; Dimensional; Modern​
This role play will contain excessive gore, sexual innuendo, surprises, and Imperial-style Fighting!
164645_622310851131092_214835087_n.jpg

Polaris, New France, The Greater Earth

It was almost the end of the third Renaissance. It was almost time to look back at the world's creations. With the war ending in September 30, 2322 there was a lot of rubble to clean up. However, there were several things to reconsider before one took the pride in seeing some kind of improvement within the society. By 2345, the town was running on hover boards and it regained a technological advancement known to be potent, even to men.

Soon after, the Rogue Declair University in Polaris, Bordeaux, France created a strong gene that would create magic powers. The gene was called Sortilège {Magic Spell}. As it was released to the public in 2401, there were warnings already tagged onto the serum. The scientists, Professor Jacques de Courbet and Chenille de Claude were doing extensive tests on the gene.

Ironically, Chenille was born with the gene and died from lung cancer. The bunnies were engaging in a little bit of sensual tensions. All of Bordeaux hoped for the product to come. By the time it finally came, several of Bordeaux's residents injured themselves to get the lethal injection. As Sortilège was the only gene to activate magical powers, it was very popular among Anime-Con participants.

Hidden content
You need to reply to this thread in order to see this content.

On July 4, 2389, a devoted circus-attender grew fond of the Sortilège. This meant that he got weekly injections to make his powers stronger. Three doses will reward immortality. He was a natural-born recipient. His name was Beauregard Hamlin Lancelot, the son of a well-reputed ringleader. Beauregard was about 23 years old when he found a Gothic coliseum. It was to be made for renovations. As Beauregard adored the shape of the dome, he brought the building for 24 million dollars in Francs. As the previous owner had a will with "Reginald Frederic Lancelot" (Beauregard's father), Beauregard's several dollars would have came handy for the futuristic renovations.

Given this affinity to the gene, a mutation in the gene made Beauregard turn into a vampire. On October 31, 2390, he was given the name "The Prince of Blood." Beauregard half-liked his name, since it was a mix of good and bad reputation swirled together. Additionally, Beauregard was a vampire, so this was something to mind while he devoted his time to making the circus. Before his career took off, he was a chef of a local restaurant, Le Amour {"The Love"}.

The big day arrived for him on January 23, 2391. He finally got the renovations and was able to rename his place Chimères Fascinantes "Enticing Dreams" He was able to get enough money to get animals and other necessary props. The first show was called, Retrouvailles Métro {"Subterranean Homecoming"}, where he introduced lions, tigers, and other dangerous animals. However, the best talent was not the animals, but what he did. Thanks to the Sortilège, Beauregard was able to sculpt items out of fire with torches and with cards. Some might have called him the ringleader, and others call Beauregard Le Maître de la Magie {The Master of Magic}. In other words, he was the founder and the jack-of-all trades of the circus.

On May 3, 2391, a mysterious man named Laocorn Dominique gave a rowdy awakening on his door. He was a devoted fan of Beauregard's. When Laocorn gave him almost 1 million dollars in Francs as a reward, he stated, The renovations will be big; would you be comfortable in being the Head of... The Enticing Dreams Mansion? It'll also give you a new restaurant that everyone will adore. What do you say?"

Beauregard agreed to the plan, and he also smiled. "I will give you all my animals. With this artificial gene, we can make thousands of money. If you can find someone who can play on the rings, let me know." not to long after, on August 5, 2391, he heard a knock on his door.

As Beauregard revealed the person, it was the owner of the Rire Marguerite Magasin de Fleures {"Laughing Daisy Flower Shop"}. The lady, about 5' 7" and with a demonic smile literally illuminated with the Sortilège gene. Her red eyes even jested as she hissed in English, "The gene... rushing all over me to see your enchanting face." The lady introduced herself as Marion Nadia Puree.

Hidden content
Creepy as he was, the man immediately fell in love with the woman. Marion and Beauregard then made efforts to promote the place. When the renovations were done, Marion then found Beauregard paying more attention to his interest. On October 13, 2391, Marion was the sex symbol of France, as she sang in performances and also worked with Beauregard as the trapeze artist. On that night, Beauregard visited Marion during closing time. It was close to midnight. Suddenly, the man proposed to marry Marion. Marion, of course accepted the ring. As immortals, they were now engaged.

Soon afterward, Marion and Beauregard worked together to put the flowers and the magic together. Marion then decided that she would send the animals to a zoo. She was an active community worker, and didn't want any animals. Instead, she wanted his circus to be a Cirque de Solicel--a type with street entertainment, magic, clowns and nature.

On December 11, Beauregard and Marion got married and had their honeymoon out in Rome, Italy. During this time, they had a circus called La Stravaganza {"The Extravagance"}. To the couple's delight, it was exactly what Marion wanted. However, from the true magic, the performers probably had the Sortilège gene. Mimes were creating actual things out of thin air, a couple deformed performers here and there as well. There was a woman who could summon tiny little "angels" out of a book. Like a regular circus, there were contortionists, a few props, and an atmosphere filled with cheer.

Later, 16-year-old conjoined twins, Nydia Amanda and Lydia Alexandra O'Connell followed the couple home. As Beauregard saw the strange pair, he wanted to know what they can do. He was thrilled to finally see a pair of twins able to go through a trapeze without hurting themselves. Marion was later promoted to the headmistress of the Enticing Dreams Mansion. She was also the lead singer and performer in the Enticing Dreams Circus.

It was evident that these twins were able to do so many things, and a lot more performers as well...
However, It'll take more than juggling balls to know about the Enticing Dreams of Polaris...
Welcome to the Circus... Le Cirque des Chimères Fascinantes de Polaris~

Rules

1) No god-modding, power-playing, or meta-gaming (not like mind-control but rather breaking the fourth wall). I will warn you. You will have 72 hours to edit your post. Unless if going on vacation or anything that might inhibit your presence, that's how much time you get to edit before I penalize you.

2) You may be Circus performers with the Magic Spell Gene. You may be just an average circus performer. Since there's all creatures allowed, you may play any race--as long as it can communicate.

3) Do know that this is not only the circus. While the heads love the circus, they cannot be there to schedule it every day. But be prepared to have more jobs around the multi-purpose... circus mansion.

4) Follow the time, day, temperature, location and weather posted on the top. Unless if you are somewhere else, try not to override the system.

5) Since the RP is very descriptive, I would prefer at least two paragraphs per post. As long as I can get what you're doing and saying. that's fine. Spell-check is sometimes hard to access.

6) I would want a week's worth of activity. Since this is a circus RP, I'd want the process to be done in a way that is appealing. As with the Phantasmagoria Academia Role play, you will be VMed update tickers. Additionally, you can jump right in after you give me your sheet OR PM me the character's Name, Age, DOB, Species, Abilities, and Appearance. That's pretty much it. If you do not post within three weeks, your character may be either: Fading in the background, killed, or fired.

7) Killing, sex, and possible eye-gouging can and WILL happen. You may have to fight the intruders! Sex... well, it's gotta be tasteful. Bigoted language, such as "Bitch-ass niggas gonna fuck cause I'm white..." will NOT be tolerated out-of-character. In-character, fine; as long as it's not frequent--there are children present.

8) Railroading--taking the role play to the direction you want--is prohibited, and you may be removed from the role play if that happens.

9) I am looking for two co-GMS to help me promote this role play. If you can do it, PM me.

10) If you wish to take a role, you may either reserve it or PM me for more options. And YES!!! There is a church in the establishment. Hence why we have Bishops; have fun~!

11) You can control as many people as you want, but keep it reasonable. You can control up to two heads.

RESERVATION SHEETS
IF YOU WISH TO JOIN PREMATURELY, PM ME THIS INFO.
Your profession will be discussed shortly after I receive this sheet.
It is to give me an idea on what kind of person should be going to the circus/mansion/restaurant/church/fighting ring combo.

((Must be PMed to me))

Desired Placement:
Full Name:
Species:
Birthplace:
Sortilège Recipient?---(Y/N; if yes, by birth or injection?)
Abilities:
Appearance: (Description is required; you should also provide a picture--preferably semi-realistic; you may play a supernatural species)

Hidden content

Roles In the Mansion
This is like their... second job or whatever. The heads and workers of the mansion (except the librarians, bishops, chauffeurs and gatekeepers) are also the performers/helpers of the show.
Headmaster
Beauregard Hamlin Lancelot~VAMPIRE
Headmistress
Marion Nadia Puree~FLOWER DEMON
Head Librarian
Other Librarians
Head Maid
Other Maids
* Lydia and Nydia O'Connell (Conjoined twins) ~twin celestials played by Yuuka
Head Chef
Other Chefs
Head Butler
Other Butlers
Head Guard/Gatekeeper
((TO BE FILLED))
Other Guards/Gatekeepers
Head Gardener
((TO BE FILLED))
Other Gardeners
Head Medic
((TO BE FILLED))
Other Medics
Head Bishop
((TO BE FILLED))
Other Bishops
Head Chauffeur
One who drives people around/works with horse carriages
((TO BE FILLED))
Other Chauffeurs
Head Engineer
Other Engineers

Last edited:
We are now accepting~!
Please feel free to post as you wish~!

WIP

Full Name: Seth
DOB: December 4th 2367
Birthplace: Parma (moved from Italy to France- see bio)
Species: Human
Sortilège Recipient: No
Abilities: (at least two; one of them should be realistic)
Occupation in the Circus: Magician
Job in Manor: Head Chef
Appearance:
circus_sebastian_by_accado-d4dwf4c.jpg

Weapons/Equipment: A long, black cane, with a silver
Strengths:
Weaknesses:
Personality:
Biography: Apologies for the length!
Seth seemingly came from a good family. His father was a well-respected chef, his mum was wrote articles for a popular magazine, and they lived on 'the right side of town'. Except all was not as it seemed.

Seth's father had a terrible gambling addiction. Every week he had a new dept it seemed- luckily he could pay them off quickly, thanks to his high paying job. Still, the only 'luxury' he ever bought Seth was home schooling- which was only to isolate Seth. That way nobody could tell Seth's father beat Seth when he was angry- which he increasingly was. As for Seth's mother, she didn't really write the columns- it was just a wanted criminal, using his mothers identity, as to not be caught. And did Seth's mother care about either of these things? Well, she might have done if she wasn't so drunk all the time. When she wasn't at the pub drinking, then she was taking her nasty hang over out on Seth.

Seth didn't have any escape from this. Monday to Sunday he was either being home schooled, or doing all the house's chores. Once a month he was allowed out to help a passing circus or fair set up, so his parents could have a massive party. Neither of Seth's parents cared about how all of this negatively affected Seth.

On Seth's fourteenth birthday it became too much for Seth. It was supposed to be a celebration day for Seth, but instead he was stuck cleaning the toilets, alone. When Seth's father came home from work the only present Seth received was a slap. Maybe Seth would have spoken up against his father, had an argument, if he'd had the courage. But Seth only had the courage to rebel secretly, and silently. The next time Seth went to help at a passing circus, he stole a hover board and ran away (no pun intended). He biked relentlessly for miles, until he reached a small, unknown town. His parents didn't even bother looking for Seth- instead they just hired a cleaner with the home schooling money.

On the streets Seth had to learn to busk to survive. He learned how to do magic tricks and astounding illusions, to make people give him money. One day the owner of a passing circus saw Seth performing his tricks. Impressed and in need of a magician, the circus owner- who was named Aaron- hired Seth. Aaron ended up becoming a role model for Seth. Seth admired the selfless charity, and unbiased kindness Aaron had. To Seth, Aaron was the caring father he'd never had. Eventually, aged twenty two, Seth left Aaron's circus, to try and become a famous performer, and make Aaron proud.

For a while, things looked good for Seth. He lived in a cosy caravan, traveled across the country performing magic, and fell in love with a nice girl named Mary. Mary traveled with him, and was an assistant in Seth's magic tricks.

Except it didn't last. While watching the news one day, Seth discovered that a circus owner- Aaron- had been brutally murdered. Subsequently, Mary came home, crying about an argument she'd had with her parents, who'd tracked her down to give her a visit. This argument, which was actually an average family dispute, was misinterpreted by Seth as abuse, similar to the abuse Seth had received from his father. Enraged about the supposed abuse his girl friend had received, and distraught about Aaron's death, Seth ended up killing Mary's parents

Mary discovered that Seth had killed her parents, when she came round to make up with them and saw Seth standing over their dead bodies. In a wave of depression that her lover had killed her parents, Mary committed suicide. Although Seth would deny it, all these events piled together drove Seth a bit insane.

While Seth fled from the country (he'd be wanted for murder soon), Seth came to a 'realization', formed from all his past experiences and his madness. His realization was: There is no room for kindness, goodness, or love in the world. Evil is the only thing that dominates. The only way to be set free from this cruel world is death. Seth killed many people with out a trace, by using his tricks, before joining Le Cirque des Chimères Fascinantes de Polaris. Now he waits for the perfect opportunity, to create an unforgettable performance that will liberate many from this world.
Dialogue Color: Look at me, I'm blue!

Okay, this is fine~
Please make sure you finish the sheet.