Λbsence Info + Sign Ups

Awesome! My post should be up by tomorrow! ^_^ I'm assuming everyone is on the same island at this point but we just haven't met each other yet?

pZY1I_xILVwT-Om8MIvgQi8ZH-l12P_FgIFix1vo61XNXIttrYkv6bXb7TjHWYvLj9-Hp02ntnKOjBeXqylSMMx0ycuqlLjP1dSFiFYZjyQc64DFYsAYwUS1O36TQ_AgyhrmuyrA

• General:
    Name:
    Sikaris, Iolana

Epithet:
    n/a

Bounty:
    wcyutcBv6YVgobzCSJjzJflhjovrS_ncR3iAX6xwSVkJT0JiC_tZibVk_Oegn1xtetdnJ811KkXxERpJ2pe6rwekmEgtkn3VQuLXW1RGsMxt0aDSQAwDxx2J9wURHFDmsKmWCNqz

Role:
    Apothecary

Sex:
    Female

Date of Birth:
    November 24

Height:
    5'6"

Weight:
    129lbs

Home Island:
    Cloud Island - Named for the mysterious clouds of light that can be seen from the island at night, Cloud Island has a warm, dry, and windy climate and is a popular vacation spot for its calm, scenic areas and vibrant coastline. The Cloud Nine Summer Resort is the crown jewel of the Cloud Island tourism industry, and MAGNA agents and other people of wealth usually stay there. As it's rather out of the way and shrouded in mist, there isn't much travel flowing in or out otherwise. Mountains dot the island, and the majority of villages are located either in the valleys or on the coast.

Cloud Island is also a place of spiritual retreat for several different religious sects. There are several small settlements that serve as sanctuaries and places to worship the Cardinals, initially founded and maintained by monks of a splinter sect of Suntsumei called Meihano. The mythological beliefs in Meihano describe the Cardinals as beings of shadow who taught Suntsumei techniques to humans in order to encapsulate the Cardinals' own essence of light-formed darkness and ensure that humans would be able to defend themselves from the evils that the Cardinals had banished. This sect believes in the dual nature of the soul, the innate goodness of life, and the innate evil of the human mind, and that the meaning of life is an endless struggle to remember how to live in harmony with nature instead of destroying it―a sort of early fusion of the Cardinal Mythos and the Omnal Church.

• Appearance
    Physical Appearance:
    Iolana is fairly slim, with obvious muscle tone, and warm olive skin. Her hair is long, dark brown, and wavy, usually pulled into a messy ponytail.
  • She has almond-shaped, brown eyes that are large enough to make her seem childish when she pouts. She has a tendency to squint or glare at things requiring her attention, and you'll often catch her with her eyes closed, either in meditation or irritation.

She has a fan-shaped birthmark on the inside of her right wrist, and a long sword scar across her chest.

The amount of focus Iolana puts into a situation determines her movements. The more focused she is, the more elegant and languid her motions seem, if a little too poised. When she's alone though, she loses a lot of her grace, and she looks like she's drowsy and constantly on the verge of collapsing (I mean the "tripping over herself" and "rolls onto the floor with a thud" kind of relaxed). And in her more erratic (wolfish) moods, she
    never seems to walk, always running or sliding around, usually with a grin on her face. She's a lot more clumsy, too, and curled up in some way when at rest.

Style:

Iolana tends to dress rather plainly, usually in black or brown culottes, beige tank tops, a black messenger bag, and simple sandals. Muted, neutral colors. Of course, there are a few things of note: she wears a chain of simple iron links around her neck (tucked into her shirt so people can't see it), a cheap gold bracelet with a bird charm on her right hand, and Meihano bindings on her chest (sarashi). She might add an old and faded red shawl that's too small for her in particularly brisk weather, or switch out the bracelet for a pair of brown cotton fingerless gloves. Now, if she had merits to spend on clothes, on the other hand... she'd definitely wear bohemian/hippie style clothes and loose, flowing pastels.

• - Ilani is one hell of an actor. Most of his practice comes from pretending to be Iolana whenever he's out, but he also has an impressive poker face when he sets his mind to it. He's the type to take full advantage of Iolana's appearance, playing the part of the naive child, the woman scorned, or the seductress to get what he wants. For this reason he's also great at bargaining and bluffing his way into and out of unpleasant situations when he can't punch his way out.

Combat Abilities:

Base Style:
    Suntsumei - Lumina

Overview/Combat Personality/Equipment:
    Iolana is an efficient and defensive fighter, preferring to hang back and let her opponent wear themself out. She tends to use her Lumina ability rather passively in order to read her opponent's style and finish them with a single counter strike. She's rather fond of trip attacks and dual wields double-ended knives, and will often forgo taking advantage of a small mistake if she believes she can pressure her opponent into a bigger one. If possible, she'll aim to blind, disorient, and incapacitate rather than kill. Iolana is also capable of using various other weapons, such as a staff and a bow and arrow, but she doesn't like to.

Ilani is much more straightforward and offensive, but also less efficient with his strikes. He's a scrappier, dirtier brawler and is more willing to take hits and take risks to strike hard. Unfortunately, this makes him rather easy to read―the challenge is then to counter his attacks. He prefers using tiger claw gloves and straight punches and is rather like a boxer in that regard. He'd be a wrestler if he knew enough moves, and if Iolana's body didn't limit him so much.

Both Iolana and Ilani are aware of their surroundings and will often use this to their advantage. As Iolana relies on her speed, maneuverability, and stamina, which means she's more likely to backflip off of walls, swing off of rafters, slide on tables. Ilani is more likely to kick tables, pick up items and either throw them or use them as impromptu weapons, and use the environment around him as a shield.

Both of them also relish in the chaos of a fight. When they're synced up, their arrogance is apparent in their flippancy and scathing remarks as they taunt their opponents with relish. It's practically impossible to faze them in a fight, and they have an extremely high pain tolerance, though their endurance and stamina is more suited to survival than fighting.

That took, so long. Wow. I could definitely use feedback on this, ask me all the questions you need for clarification, etc. Playing a character with an alter ego this well-defined is a pretty ambitious idea and the first time I've tried to pull this off in a roleplay setting, so if it already looks like it's not going to work out, let me know and I can rehaul for a sorta-similar, sorta-different character.

@the.complex-of-constellations - Alaska and I went through your sheet, and whilst we sympathize with the fact you lost your original CS, this current CS needs some work before we think we can accept Iolana/Ilani into the RP. We like the base concept, and there are some interesting pieces of writing within the CS, but right now we think she needs some revisions before we can understand her character and accept her into the cast.

>Firstly, the CS has some formatting issues, which not only makes it a little hard to read, but it'll make it somewhat awkward for you to edit.

>We feel like the history, whilst interesting, is a little too mysterious, with many things (such as her origin, or why she had enough natural talent at such an early age for monks to consider taking her on) being mostly unexplained. Also, with characters such as Jozue, there are parts where the he/she pronouns are mixed up which makes her/his/their character somewhat confusing to understand. Also, the explanation of Kirupili's character (as I assume he is a key part on how she managed to learn Suntsumei) is somewhat vague.

>Having a Lumina Suntsumei is fine, but your wording of Iolana's Suntsumei makes it seem like Lumina is just an 'ability', rather than a whole fighting style. A Suntsumei is a whole style of fighting which, when the fighting style is properly achieved and mastered, the user will be able to access otherwordly powers (in the case of Lumina, the ability to read one's opponent). At the moment, the wording makes it seem like she's just able to use the 'read your opponent' part in combination with her own fighting style, which isn't really how Suntsumei works.

>Also, to build on the Suntsumei bit, it's a little vague on how Iolana was suddenly able to master Suntsumei. How did she suddenly gain the enlightenment to learn such a complex thing after her failures to learn it? Her just 'suddenly awakening her abilities' feels a little out of nowhere, and needs to be explained a bit better.

>The name of the MC Jozue has in the history, 'Bladeblooded', isn't a possible name for a Moriae Card. MC's should be named after existing songs/albums/artists (for example, how Stands in the Jojo's Bizarre Adventure series work). Re-evaluate the R9 of the rules to see how MC naming works.

>Having a dual personality is fine, but at the moment, we feel Iolani/Ilani personas were written in a somewhat confusing manner. When does Ilani's personality instead of Iolani's surface? Do they switch personalities at regular or random intervals? Does Iolani's entire body language and tone of voice undergo some sort of transformation when Ilani appears, or from the point of view of other characters, will it just look like it's Iolani acting different? We're fine with the concept, but at the moment it seems a little too vague to understand.

If you're able to make the requested changes to the sheet, and are able to help us understand the things we're confused about her (as there might be some things we may have misunderstood), then we'd be happy to have her as part of the cast.

@the.complex-of-constellations - Alaska and I went through your sheet, and whilst we sympathize with the fact you lost your original CS, this current CS needs some work before we think we can accept Iolana/Ilani into the RP. We like the base concept, and there are some interesting pieces of writing within the CS, but right now we think she needs some revisions before we can understand her character and accept her into the cast.

>Firstly, the CS has some formatting issues, which not only makes it a little hard to read, but it'll make it somewhat awkward for you to edit.

>We feel like the history, whilst interesting, is a little too mysterious, with many things (such as her origin, or why she had enough natural talent at such an early age for monks to consider taking her on) being mostly unexplained. Also, with characters such as Jozue, there are parts where the he/she pronouns are mixed up which makes her/his/their character somewhat confusing to understand. Also, the explanation of Kirupili's character (as I assume he is a key part on how she managed to learn Suntsumei) is somewhat vague.

>Having a Lumina Suntsumei is fine, but your wording of Iolana's Suntsumei makes it seem like Lumina is just an 'ability', rather than a whole fighting style. A Suntsumei is a whole style of fighting which, when the fighting style is properly achieved and mastered, the user will be able to access otherwordly powers (in the case of Lumina, the ability to read one's opponent). At the moment, the wording makes it seem like she's just able to use the 'read your opponent' part in combination with her own fighting style, which isn't really how Suntsumei works.

>Also, to build on the Suntsumei bit, it's a little vague on how Iolana was suddenly able to master Suntsumei. How did she suddenly gain the enlightenment to learn such a complex thing after her failures to learn it? Her just 'suddenly awakening her abilities' feels a little out of nowhere, and needs to be explained a bit better.

>The name of the MC Jozue has in the history, 'Bladeblooded', isn't a possible name for a Moriae Card. MC's should be named after existing songs/albums/artists (for example, how Stands in the Jojo's Bizarre Adventure series work). Re-evaluate the R9 of the rules to see how MC naming works.

>Having a dual personality is fine, but at the moment, we feel Iolani/Ilani personas were written in a somewhat confusing manner. When does Ilani's personality instead of Iolani's surface? Do they switch personalities at regular or random intervals? Does Iolani's entire body language and tone of voice undergo some sort of transformation when Ilani appears, or from the point of view of other characters, will it just look like it's Iolani acting different? We're fine with the concept, but at the moment it seems a little too vague to understand.

If you're able to make the requested changes to the sheet, and are able to help us understand the things we're confused about her (as there might be some things we may have misunderstood), then we'd be happy to have her as part of the cast.

Firstly, thanks for all the feedback. ^~^ That was a lot to type up and I'm really grateful for that. Of the things I hope to clarify/address directly:

The formatting is weird and I'm not super sure why, so I might just post another version of the sheet and delete the previous one instead of editing it, if that's okay.

Jozue is a trans guy and Iolana initially misgendered him, that's why there's that pronoun shift. The Moirae Card naming is my mistake and I'll definitely get to that.

I definitely misunderstood Suntsumei. I initially thought Lumina and Kaleidos were separate fighting styles, rather than powers accessible through a single fighting style (is that right?). So I suppose for that section I can just go straight from base style to combat personality/equipment then?

Ah, the personality switches between Iolana and Ilani are semi-voluntary in that they don't have to agree to switch. They can't rapidly switch back and forth (the cooldown time would be, oh, 3 or so hours?), and switching too many times (more Ilani would likely surface in any situation where Iolana wants to do something, but is wary or afraid of doing so. (Running away, starting a fight, bringing up certain topics in conversation, stuff like that.) He's kind of the antithesis of Iolana's impulse control, if that makes sense. And the switch would be obvious due to the pretty much all the reasons you listed, unless Ilani is impersonating Iolana for whatever reason.

To clear up the Suntsumei thing (once again, I think I'll have to rework that in the future to make easier to understand):

Suntsumei is the umbrella term for all three abilities. Suntsumei itself, you could say, is the ability to just be in sync with the world, and from that complete and utter balance, the three sub-categories are enable. Suntsumei itself is not a fighting style, in that sense, as it is possible for someone to master only Lumina (like your character), which is not an offensive tool, but of course a handy thing to have in a fight nonetheless.

Basically, if your characters know Lumina, then they'll be able to dodge better, of course, but it's not a stand-alone fighting style. For your character, for example, her fighting style would revolve around the knives and how she utilizes them, while having the option to utilize Lumina for an advantage.

I am in love with this. Give me a moment and I'll create a sheet asap (if youre still accepting).

Oh gosh, I'm so sorry for making you wait so long. I'll be accepting submissions eventually again, but the starting arc is currently filled to a level I'm happy with. If you're still interested once the initial arc is over, you're more than welcome!

reserving if still accepting that is

So can we be notified when the next arc might be, i got a hurricane headed to me tomorrow so i got some extra things to worry about.

Hello everyone, both those that visit this thread for the first time as well as those who expressed interest before:

I'm soon going to accept new submissions. I will start going over any submitted sheet on October 1st, but in any case, I'll be accepting up to four new people. If more people apply, I'll have to deny some, unfortunately, but I will definitely accept every sheet that meets my expectations if there are four or less submissions! You are completely free to do what you like in terms of characters, but I will say that you were captured by MAGNA recently, and that will be the key point to consider. How you got there is entirely up to you. You don't even really need to back that up to be honest, it can just be an accidental incarceration if you'd prefer.

Happy writing, and I'll get back to any questions as soon as I can, starting tomorrow. :)

Alrighty, 1st of October is here, so submissions get reviewed regularly now. Currently, four (4) spots are open for further characters to jump in. I'll be discussing the individual joining with every accepted character, so don't worry about how exactly you'll be entering!

@Vinn Now would be an ideal time finish your sheet if you're still interested, and Jakers and I will get back to you as soon as possible once it's finished.

I'll drop a sheet, although it'll take some time - gotta read some of the new stuff for this incarnation.

mIcfKvd.jpg

• General:
    Name:
    Ferendica, Poemi (born: Gabron, Aubameya)

Epithet:
    -

Bounty:
    rVubNzO.png
    (Merits)

Role:
    Quartermaster (and also self-styled tactician, to almost inevitably someone’s detriment).

Sex:
    Female

Date of Birth:
    Tenth of November

Height:
    5’6”

Weight:
    135lbs

Home Island:
    >> Born: Jaruud
    >> Raised: Grandhaven

A temperate island, located somewhere in the median of Jaruud and Seagull Body, although perhaps closer to Jaruud, and closer to MAGNA scrutiny. Governed by bankocracy, Grandhaven is known for its riches, and its haughty noble class, who made their wealth exploiting the various rare types of sea-life (most of them being particularly fit for culinary delicacy) that only Grandhaven seemed to offer.

A posh enough looking place, dotted with ivory tower and castle, it nonetheless has itself a little seedy underbelly. The class rift between Grandhaven nobles and the working class has lead to the formation of a Thieves Guild, a group of rapscallions who work ostensibly to shift the balance in favor of those who toil with sweat and blood.

• pj9b3FL.png

Appearance
    Physical Appearance:
    Of average height and lithe proportion, Poemi is toned and responsive, carrying herself with a certain economy of emotion and catlike agility. Her skin is smooth and dark, and almost eerily unblemished. Blonde hair tinged almost silver is kempt in a shorter bob, with a spiked fringe offering a sort of incisive flair - remnants of her longer hair remain in the form of two braided longtails on either side. Her wide eyes are a bright orange, and she seems to be constantly beaming, although her gaze has a tendency to become unfocused. Has a tendency to smirk as opposed to smile, a closed-mouth symbol of vibrant mischief.

Her expressions range from comfortably nonchalant to giddily joyous, and even her fits of anger tend to carry traces of good humor. Her gait is all too easy, with the flexibility of a house-animal jumping from shelf to shelf. One might say she never merely walks; she glides and dances.

Style:
    The key operative words to describe Poemi’s wardrobe are: long, flowing, and colorful. Much of what Poemi chooses to wear are meant to encapsulate freedom and enable comfortable movement. To that end, her pants are almost ridiculously baggy. She also tends to favor a long, open jacket - almost cape-like - to emulate the feeling of wings upon her back, and she prefers the freedom of an open and exposed midriff. Patterns are a particular fascination of Poemi’s. Pattern-wise, she favors designs of a floral nature, or representing some sort of animal - flowers to dinosaurs.

• pj9b3FL.png

Personality
    Personality:
    A live-wire through and through, Poemi cannot abide a life in stasis. Eclectic, esoteric, and above all, addicted to life in motion. Poemi has made many friends throughout her travels, and has forgotten about the same amount; she is frenetic, and therefore not particularly one for sentiment. She lives fast, and she lives with an infectious happiness and friendliness, yet it is only in very rare cases that she can ‘slow down’ enough to develop a true connection.

At least, that may very well be a cursory introduction the Poemi Ferendica. Closer to some core truth about her, perhaps, is that she’s a nihilistic fuck who combats the idea of meaningless life with with her own brand of exorbitant whimsy painted unto the world.

Strangely, she is remarkably silent for someone of the energetic firebrand archetype, preferring to win the day with actions - after all, nothing is so worthless as the sound of one’s own voice. Her vocal contributions typically are of the one-line varieties - an awful pun that springs to mind, or example - or some sort of ridiculous plan that’s tickled her fancy - these come after long periods of languid silence, upon which many often question as to why she exists in the first place. Her place in any social circle is somewhat feline-like, lingering, waiting from her perch, before suddenly erupting into something or another.

Prone to a gripping imagination and an addiction to doing things in as round-about and complex a way as possible, Poemi wants to do things differently, even as the expense of effectiveness and efficiency (although it should be noted that the endangerment of innocents is always avoided). Combined with her live-wire personality, ‘freedom’ - even if it ultimately means little - plays some role of import in her life. Interestingly enough, this has not caused her to actively dislike MAGNA (although she certainly finds their cause hilariously wasteful), who are perhaps the direct diametric opposition. Indeed, Poemi’s theory is that, if this is some sort of story, they’re a fine recurring antagonist.

● When a good (read: terribly composed) plan (somehow) comes together.
    ● Awfully sad people.
    ● A good ol’ song and dance.
    ● Sweets.
    ● The antics of children.

Dislikes:
    ● Order.
    ● Confinement and small spaces.
    ● Married couples frighten her.
    ● Self-important people.
    ● Not-sweet foods.

• pj9b3FL.png

History
    History: Moah Gabron had never intended to be a father - it was just one of those things the fates had decided. His sister had become deathly ill upon the birth of Aubemeya, and her husband - always of sad disposition to begin with - had embarked on a spice-ship and never returned. It had occurred to Moah Gabron, who was poor in a rich-less land, that he had little to offer, and no peace to give to his sister other than the promise. The promise that, yes, he would take care of little Aubemeya. That had given her peace to her last breath. Still, he was not such a great man that he could keep so difficult a promise.

And so, Aubemeya Gabron, born of Jaruud, found herself stranded on a spice-ship, ostensibly never to return.

Aubemeya Gabron, more accurately described as ‘nameless’, was eventually found and left somewhere in the marketplace of Grandhaven. Many noticed her, although none claimed her, until Pierre Ferendica, then Master-Hand of the Thieves Guild saw fit to take her in, dubbing her as Poemi Ferendica, his only daughter. A thief and a crook, yet with the drapings of some imagined honor and higher cause, it had been easy enough to raise Poemi as an reverent daughter, who aspired to become just like her father. Indeed, Poemi could snatch a beggar’s last coin from out under his nose by the time she was five.

The Thieves Guild revered her in turn, for the Ferendica family was a great name to them. They had been one of the Historical founding families of Grandhaven, until an idealistic clash and betrayal lead to their loss of stature. Eventually, they became one of three founding families of the Thieves Guild. Still, the family dwindled over time, eventually desperately so, for Pierre had never bothered to start himself a family until he chanced upon lone Poemi. What Poemi came to learn, eventually, was that she was heir to a great position: Master-Hand of the Thieves Guild.

What she realized even later, however, was that Pierre had intended for her to inherit a great role: assassin of Master-Coin Rocha, highest of the Grandhaven Nobles. Poemi, however, had known only of theft, not of killing, and could not reconcile the difference in her mind. When the time came for the Master-Coin to pass on into the next world, Poemi found that she was ill-suited to carry out the assassination. And so, in the assassination’s planning, she conjured up the most convoluted schemes she could possibly think of - involving, some recall, the procurement of fireworks and rubber ducks and the hiring of a legion of clowns, or something along those lines.

It did not take long for Pierre to realize that Poemi’s intention was to sabotage the assassination at every turn. This did not agree with him for, like Moah Gabron, fatherhood had never been his intention. He had required a daughter, yes, to further the Ferendica name, to carve out the legacy but… he had no time to care for or nurture the soft heart of a child. He quickly discarded Poemi, and searched out another heir to fulfill the Ferendica family’s destiny.

Poemi would leave Grandhaven, disenchanted with the ways of the world, yet with every intention to gleam some form of enjoyment from it. As it happened, something about hiring a legion of clowns for a faux-assassination had seemed mighty fun to her. And so she travelled, from island to island, subsisting off of what ridiculous joys she could derive from the world.

• pj9b3FL.png

Abilities
    Skills & Talents:
    >>Thievery: While she self-styles herself as ‘Quartermaster’ and ‘Tactician’, her most effective function is almost certainly procurement. She is an exceptional thief and pickpocket for a myriad reasons; agility of both body and mind, a disarming personality, and a knack for misdirection.

>>Planning: Would be an excellent strategist if she wasn’t so obsessed with needless complexity. Understands the core tenets of the greatest plans: knowing the big picture, playing to the strengths of each piece of the gang, an ability to adapt, and a high focus on communication.

>>Song and Dance: They like the way she works it, no diggity. Although, to be fair, not particularly technically gifted, just has some natural ability.

>>Flexible: Is flexible, almost to the point of contortionism, and has a knack for fitting into small places. Of course, as she has a loathing and fear for small places, this particular talent is only ever begrudgingly taken advantage of.

Combat Abilities:
    Base Style:
    A lithe and incredibly quick specimen, Poemi’s combat style is evasive and centered on maneuverability as well as opportunism. All out power and potency is not a strength of Poemi’s, who therefore relies on an ability to position herself almost anywhere - thanks to her agility and acrobatic skill. Her movements are meant to be both defensive and offensive; to evade, while also placing herself in a position to seize victory.

As said before, not a heavy-hitter. The source of Poemi’s danger is her Moirae Card, Hybrid Theory, which can be used to produce adaptable and versatile tools for combat. Poemi is also adept in the use of a large net. While the net can be effective in momentary subjugation, its primary purpose is to be used to supplement Hybrid Theory

Name:
    Hybrid Theory

Overview:
    Hybrid Theory is an Urodicia class Moirae Card, black with some unfathomable design - the bottom half is recognizable enough as a half-circle, but the top half is composed of an intricate and fascinatingly large amount of tendrils haphazardly inscribed into a small area. Upon activation, the user’s left and right hand are blemished with images of dark tendrils that seem to move upon the skin. Its primary usage is why Poemi is titled as Quartermaster, although of a remarkably esoteric sort.

Hybrid Theory’s main power is the ability to fuse two objects, the ones touched by left and right hand respectively at any given moment. The fusion of objects is able to create new ones entirely, capable of possessing all the capabilities of both constituent parts, or only those deemed desirable - in some cases new capabilities are created, gated by abstract interpretation and imagination. The manner in which the objects fuse is dictated by the user.

Hybrid Theory is capable of using a living entity as one of the components, although it must be limited in sentience. A human being is essentially always unusable, although a bird or a dog, for example, can be. When this occurs, the product is irrevocably bound to and controlled by the user’s will. However, two living entities cannot be combined - when this is attempted, the result is some uncontrollable abomination that eventually disintegrates into nothingness.

Example usages and further ‘rules’
    A rat is fused with some sort of explosive, creating a bomb that scurries discretely in rat form. (Rule: Products adhere to the smallest form. Rule(b): In many cases, this can reduce potency of certain constituent traits. For example, the explosive would likely be diminished due to the rat’s diminutive size.)

An animal is fused with a building wall, creating a camera of sorts. Rule: In one of the few exceptions to the smaller form rule, Poemi is able to merge a living entity into a larger static, unmoving object.

A dog is merged with a gun, creating a dog that can project bullets from its mouth, or perhaps move faster through gunpowder-power - the latter is an example of a new capability being created from abstract interpretation of gunpowder being equated to some fast, explosive power. Rule: It has been noted that the process seems to integrate the man-made into the biological system. In the above case, the gun-dog’s body can self-generate bullets, leading to infinite ammo.

Rule: Poemi is able to maintain about six fusions at any given time. When a fusion expires, the product is enveloped in a dark cloud before separating into its constituent parts (blissfully, each component seems to end up unharmed).
    Rule: Poemi is able to pass off control of her fusions to someone else. The six fusion limit previously mentioned remains for Poemi.

Combat Personality:
    For the most part, Poemi is languid, evasive, taking almost no initiative at all. When a stroke of inspiration hits, however, is when Poemi strikes, typically with some ungodly creation in hand.

Equipment:
    Poemi is capable of combat with a net. Primarily, however, the net is used to snag impromptu objects to fuse with Hybrid Theory.

• Ya’ll know WHAT HYBRID THEORY IS, RIGHT?

Anyways, her acquisition of the Moirae Card didn’t end up finding its way to her history section. The head-canon is basically the Thieves Guild found it, and funneled it into their little Ferendica heir.

Posting my sheet here~ If you've got any comments or questions about Mina, please let me know! I've intentionally left important parts of her history out. If you need to be informed of what is missing Alaska or Jakers, just let me know~

4e857cc3cbf3682455d0fab4b62d08b9--manga-art-anime-art.jpg

fc4226a323b4e8cec54850d815923fa9.png

fc4226a323b4e8cec54850d815923fa9.png

• General:

Epithet:

N/A

Bounty:

l7BJkFHFlwj9UWC-InEANZCebxWeHDZb3iZ8PWwWC_qJ1bqT_SJNLFEqDdfjm0QXb-uauwAVtx5WfA0_N8CRmeRhqcrts7bnVegxJRAL_U2Am0iNETKcIOTnZfgnmIrV-A2XtRpp

(The crimes she thinks she is being blamed for are listed below)

Due to:

Destruction of Public Property

Active Terrorism

Grand Larceny

First Degree Manslaughter (60 Counts)

Illegal Possession of a Firearm

Illegal Use of a Firearm

Role:

Clothier

Sex:

Female

Date of Birth:

May 4th

Height:

5’4”

Weight:

115 lbs.

Home Island:

Ezart

Ezart could be described as an entertainment island, which has a focus on entertainment that amusement parks provide. This island houses all of the performers, technicians, and some of the customers who are willing to spend a pretty penny on the extravagant hotel there. It is a more central island, and is slightly on the smaller side.

Ezart has three main sections within it: the hotel, the circus, and the amusement park.

The hotel is the second largest section on the island. The hotel contains a number of amenities that you would probably see in a five-star hotel, which includes a casino, an indoor spa, and a dining area which has interactive entertainment. The upper floors of the hotel house most residents on the island and people who pay extreme amounts of money to have an oversize suite. The residents normally all stay 5 to one oversized suite, fitting a number of them into what might be considered a small space. Customers are normally required to stay in the hotel for at least a night if they are planning to travel from another island to Ezart and then back.

The circus is the smallest of the sections on the island, but that doesn’t mean it can’t pull a crowd as well as the others can. The circus is the main event every night on the island, which contains only the most talented circus performers. And for those that don’t quite make the cut, they get to be your entertaining concession salespeople!

The amusement park is the largest section on the island and offers a large number of scary rides at affordable prices! This is what most people come to the island for.

• 43CqsX-ugte3lJoGlv_cajbKuKuxcfgpqUvdgu_xoZluhaSZhkcPQ46IL5vEIe1AlmAcgx242fKGIIyonE-nQBVtJSnk2-U-3HhPxVrIJ8lBB30y_5MwMl9Zc-pCpB4ingC6OUbm

Appearance

Physical Appearance:

Mina is a woman who has a smaller stature with a wiry frame. She is not someone who looks as though she could wield a heavy weapon, but her frame is deceiving. Her muscle is hidden, but with that said, she is not the strongest among people.

It can be said that Mina’s face is slender and contains no flaws. Her face is one of her greatest benefactors when it comes to physical beauty, although she may disagree with that fact. Mina values her hair above all of her physical traits and this is definitely shown. Her hair is luscious and flowing, which allows it to sparkle when under the bright sun. At night, her hair practically radiates despite the darkness provided by a lack of sunlight.

Her body contains no scars or impurities, except the occasional hidden mole.

Do not bring up the mole on her thigh.

Style:

Mina has a very unique style of dress, which is particularly characterized by her lack of protective clothing, bright colors, and her giant hats.

Her lack of protective clothing is not because she believes she won’t be hit, but because of her background of being a circus performer.

The bright colors that she wears are mostly to accentuate the bright color of her hair and give her hair a background to stand out in. Mira also just enjoys bright colors, since they seem to improve her mood and increase her visibility in crowds.

Her giant hats are just because she likes giant hats. You have to have something unique about your fashion sense, don’t you?

• PNFhBI_kFsx0kwIqV3RNsO-tXO5muBkqa72lXvsHC2b1FfdehOkLTXnK7tspJwPxwn2X1ZzZzCm5HcKtF5BPR-75bZ2zdJ9vkMxP1O8D747lqzUjzXvDDZ5XYMg2zFBzKOHLj1bj

Personality

Personality:

Mina can be described as eccentric, creative, and sarcastic.

Mina is eccentric because… Well… She’s always been that way. She doesn’t really abide by societal normalities, which is probably why she ended up being wanted by MAGNA. She is known for her ability to charm most anyone with her strange behavior though, as it is more comical than anything. She is able to make most people laugh with her strange antics and way of speaking.

Mina is creative. She designs her own clothing and she has infinite amounts of inspiration to draw from her surroundings. Her allies may notice that she stares off into the distance for a while, which is quite normal for her. She’s probably drawing up a parfait that would match the theme of that wall with the bloody patterns on it. Mina also has a skewed view of combat, which makes her analyze small steps in a battle, rather than the larger picture of winning or losing.

Sarcasm could be Mina’s middle name because she is as sarcastic as they come. This is what plays into portions of the humor that was described earlier. She can make most people laugh who are not the target of her terrible sarcasm.

Cooking

Making People Laugh

Being Underestimated

Scaring or “Entertaining” People

HALLOWEEN

Dislikes:

People That Bore Her

Flat Conversations

Limes

Conventional Cooking

Being Dirty

• 1uaBmv2J-kW0S0rfp7mABN1tzFhPAE1_dHyOwchWfoAj0zJij5eMXyujPIfvGS1XOqtuHjK9AU1p3gacnyyxwT0r6jiA91t3O1XPdPAFWxz0CRgAohdb-ORRfWmJ8mvx0EcFOtf7

History

History:

Mina Menagerie was born into a family of circus performers. From a very young age, she watched her parents swing on the trapeze as a team. They made the most excellent combination there and they loved it more than anything, possibly even more than each other.

As she grew, Mina was taught how to do many circus tricks and how to engage an audience. She was taught how to draw attention and she was taught that there was nothing that could stop her from doing what she wanted to do. She was also taught a general education, while she was in training to become part of the circus show.

When Mina was in her teenage years, she worked as a waitress in the hotel. She served people dinner while they watched the interactive show and she worked her hardest to become part of the show, as that was her first step to going into the circus show.

Mina slowly worked her way up the chain until she was finally able to be in the circus show with her parents! She did not do the trapeze, as she was more skilled with floor routines and body contortions, but she was still very glad to be in the show with them. All was well for a long period of time, until her parents were no longer able to be in the show because their bodies simply were not functioning the same as they used to. This incident happened when Mina was about 22. Although her parents were still young, they had used their bodies so much that they were paying the ultimate price in their elderly years. Mina wanted so desperately for them to stay, but the money would come to be too much for them. Her parents had made plenty of money working in the circus, but staying on the island would be much too expensive for them. Mina’s parents were offered positions as trainers, but they declined as they wanted their daughter to have some time away from her parents. Mina’s parents decided to travel parts of the world as she continued to perform in the circus.

Over the next year, Mina noticed that something was missing. It wasn’t the fact that her parents weren’t there, but without her parents to consistently engage her in the circus, she realized that there was no thrill to being in the circus anymore. Mina then enrolled herself in a combat class held by the janitor to expand the strength and capability of her body. This class was very small and held in the basement of the janitor's quarters. Although it was not a very difficult class, Mina seemed to be doing well. Then, after a few months, the teacher, whose name was Jonomi, stopped having students. Mina thought this was incredibly odd as Jonomi was an amiable person and taught with a lot of skill, pushing his students to do their best and be the best kind of opponent they could be. Jonomi approached her this specific day and offered to teach her privately, as he believed that Mina needed to learn more complicated techniques quicker than most. He was incredibly interested in teaching her from what she could tell, so she decided to take on his offer.

For the next year, Mina underwent a number of intense lessons which detailed different takedown methods without the use of any kind of weapon. However, she was also taught how to handle a firearm. To Mina, this was a little scary considering she was only learning to do these kinds of things for her strength. She was doing this to make herself stronger and find more ways to create a circus act.

After another year, her teacher extended her the offer to leave the circus and work with him. Mina immediately declined, as she loved working for the circus. Working as a janitor was not something she was interested in, but the more she thought about it... What if he wasn't asking her to be a janitor? What would she be doing? Out of curiosity, Mina went back to Jonomi once more and asked him what he specifically wanted her to do. Jonomi invited her to come along with him to see what kind of work she’d be doing.

That night, Mina met Jonomi outside of his quarters. Jonomi was holding a white envelope, which contained a single piece of paper. It was an invitation into the security sector of the island. Mina was unsure that she was going to fit in there. Jonomi could sense this and introduced her to an older man in one of the private poker rooms on the casino floor of the hotel.

The elderly man introduced himself as the true owner of the entire resort island. He told her that she had come recommended from an 'old friend of his' for the security program at the hotel. Was there such a thing? She had never heard of a security program. Frankly, she barely ever saw security. The elderly man explained to her that the security on the island was unique in the way that he liked to keep security interactions with the public to a minimum. In order for that to happen, the owner employed a system of people who were specifically trained to quickly handle any incidents that would happen on the island quickly and discreetly, without the public noticing. The process for recruitment was determined by Jonomi. It seemed Jonomi had a much more important role than just a janitor after all.

Mina was then inducted into the security program, specifically working in the circus section of the island since she was most familiar with that area. She practiced takedown techniques, practiced body contortions, and worked on security cases every day for the next two years. However, one such case became so big that it jeopardized the entire island’s prosperity.

Mina and a few other members of security were asked to investigate the dealings of a gun-running gang working inside some of the private poker rooms in the casino. This mission was to confirm the identity of the gang and then inform MAGNA once enough reconnaissance was done. Mina worked as the card dealer, as she had the most dexterous hands among any of the security officers. Mina drew herself attention by showing off her naturally beautiful hair and using her shining personality. She got the gang talking and received thorough information. When the gang seemed to be taking a small break, Mina excused herself from the table to contact her fellow officers that she had received enough information to incriminate them. When Mina went to contact the officer who was supposed to be outside the poker room, something was off. She opened the door slightly and noticed no one was there. Something was wrong. She needed to stay in the room for now. At least, that's what she thought before she heard three pairs of rushed footsteps heading toward the door.

The three pairs of footsteps were MAGNA agents. As they entered the room, the gangsters pulled out guns, but they were quickly dispatched by a man who was sitting at the table. He did so without using a gun and make sure to keep everything quiet. Mina stood by the door for a moment before the man looked her square in the eye. He was ready for a confrontation.

Mina quickly ran out the door. The three agents pursued her. Mina only knew this because she looked back. As she looked back, Mina could see Jonomi waving her goodbye with an ugly, evil smile on his face. He walked into the room with the planted MAGNA agent and used the numerous windows outside the hotel to make an efficient escape from the agents. Mina had a feeling if she left the hotel that there was going to be trouble.

Mina tried to recall where the parachutes were kept. She hoped she could get into her room to grab her makeup and a wig. That would be all she needed. Everything else she needed could come from people off of the street.

Eventually, she made it to her room and fooled the guards of her identity with a singular hat. One of her friends looked like her a little bit, but with shorter hair and was almost always seen wearing a hat. Mina mimicked her voice and got into the room with a little convincing. She quickly grabbed a short-haired brown wig and her makeup kit. She heard the sound of someone walk behind her and she quickly turned to find one of her roommates. They were holding a parachute for her.

Needless to say, Mina escaped from the island using her makeup, clothing, body language, and voice to convince others that she was a different person. She escaped out the last ship leaving the island for the night. She was only able to get on the ship by becoming a stowaway, but it was a good enough getaway for her. As they sailed away, Mina was aware that she could probably never come back to the island again. Jonomi was most likely a traitor, as that evil grin was probably not a good sign. Even after he recruited her too? That was harsh.

For the next year, Mina made it her mission to avoid going out into public. She couldn’t perform for the circus any longer. In order to keep herself busy because of her paranoia that she was being chased by MAGNA officers, she worked at a seafood restaurant that specialized in shrimp cuisine. In order to hide her appearance, she wore a larger hat, bought a number of brown wigs of varying lengths, and disguised herself using makeup techniques she had learned while she was in the circus. Over time, she even made herself look fatter using a fat suit she made for herself. She continued to make clothing that would suit her, but she would never wear it. She took on a whole new identity for a year, and on her 25th birthday, she decided she was going to travel around the world like her parents. Maybe she’d even find a place where she could be herself, rather than being paranoid.

• xY5wFNsq5QqSFjGKYC0jRWjvaHehFAtykYyI4A6vmU_dMqdhM_NGfIZdeRsyc89sKAHxs9LhJa4BU0B1FfoHvd1yURFnpZJ6-6zCrXCn9hJAbjGy-7BIliVQ3_DitUkEhO6n9M70

Abilities

Skills & Talents:

Cooking

Baking

Can Change Her Appearance Using Clothing and Makeup

Acrobatic and Aerial Movement

Making Clothing

Dodging Questions She Doesn’t Want To Answer

Combat Abilities:

Base Style:

Mina’s fighting style is very focused on her ability to grab someone’s attention. It’s a lot of taunting and luring. However, when she lures you in, that’s when she strikes. She does not run and she does not falter in her conviction to take you down. She strikes quickly, using her body as a conduit for her conviction. She specializes in fisticuffs combat and silent takedowns. She knows how to use a pistol, but she hates using it unless she absolutely has to. Mina mostly uses the two shortswords under her skirt for utility or if anything gets in her way.

Combat Personality:

Mina is as cocky as they come. She seems to be more of a circus act than an actual combatant when she is fighting. She quickly moves to dodge combatants and taunts them into coming after her. She flips around and makes the entire battle feel like a game. She enjoys reading her opponents as they get angrier, which normally makes them sloppier, making them easier to take out. Mina may not be a serious person, but combat is crucial to her. If she cannot overcome an opponent, then her shenanigans may end forever!

Equipment:

Two shortswords (Hidden under the back of her skirt)

A pistol (Hidden under the front of her skirt)

Flash Bangs (x2) and Regular Grenades (x2) (Hidden underneath her hat)

Last edited:
@Shizuochan - So, me and alaska went over your sheet, and we both really like Poemi! However, we both agreed on a couple of things we want clarified first before we can officially accept her:

>Within her history, why was Poemi - a new member - the one to be bestowed the Moriae Card within the Thieves Guild? Bear in mind Moriae Cards are very rare, and very hard to get a hold of, and Hybrid Theory seems like a particularly potent card that many would desire. Was it because she'd become a favorite in the guild/was more skilled than most, or something like that?

>Despite Poemi's backstory of thievery high jinks, has she never been spotted doing stuff by MAGNA before, explaining her 0 bounty? If your plan was for her to be that good, you don't have to change this or anything. Just asking for clarification.

>We like Hybrid Theory as a card, as it has the potential to be used for many creative applications and is versatile in a good way. However, can the 'incompatible disintegration' thing work on human targets, or does Hybrid Theory just not work at all on humans? If the former, we think that the ability to basically insta-gib two humans when she tries to fuse them is far too strong, even if it would be out of her character to ruthlessly kill like that.

>Other than that, because this card is super versatile, we're going to trust that - whilst it can do a variety of crazy things - you won't do anything mega powerful with Hybrid Theory, as having something like 6 infinite ammo gun dogs (whilst the conditions to do so would be pretty obscure) at once would make her a force to be reckoned with.

But yeah, we can definitely see Poemi getting accepted; we just wanted to check these things over with you.

@★Under The Stars★ - Me and alaska are still looking over your sheet (in our timezones at present, we'll both be heading to bed after I post this) but expect a proper review to come tomorrow at some point!

Thanks for the prompt reply!

>Within her history, why was Poemi - a new member - the one to be bestowed the Moriae Card within the Thieves Guild? Bear in mind Moriae Cards are very rare, and very hard to get a hold of, and Hybrid Theory seems like a particularly potent card that many would desire. Was it because she'd become a favorite in the guild/was more skilled than most, or something like that?

(on the potency note, I think I falsely assumed that one wouldn't be able to pre-decipher what a card did).

She was favoured due to nepotism, being the adoptive daughter of the Guild's lead member, and the heir-apparent. She was skilled for her age, and certainly competent, although more promising than gifted, and probably wouldn't have gotten the card without that particular twist of fate.

>Despite Poemi's backstory of thievery high jinks, has she never been spotted doing stuff by MAGNA before, explaining her 0 bounty? If your plan was for her to be that good, you don't have to change this or anything. Just asking for clarification.

Actually, I didn't really think too hard on the bounty, and the 0 is really the rough equivalent of "I have no idea what I wanted here".

If I had to justify a 0 it'd probably be that she was very discrete early on in her career (and also probably collaborated with more prominent thieves), and later on - following her departure from Grandhaven - probably engaged more so in ridiculously elaborate flight-of-fancy pranks over heists. I could also certainly go for a bounty, as I don't think her mental profile really allows for her to be hyper-effective savant-thief. (Although I'd probably want help with an apropos figure).

>We like Hybrid Theory as a card, as it has the potential to be used for many creative applications and is versatile in a good way. However, can the 'incompatible disintegration' thing work on human targets, or does Hybrid Theory just not work at all on humans? If the former, we think that the ability to basically insta-gib two humans when she tries to fuse them is far too strong, even if it would be out of her character to ruthlessly kill like that.

Yeah, no humans at all. I don't know the inner workings of the cards enough, but in my head I bullshitted something to do with the soul LOL.

A possible edit is, instead of disintegration, to just have them split into their separate pieces upon expiry/passage of time.

>Other than that, because this card is super versatile, we're going to trust that - whilst it can do a variety of crazy things - you won't do anything mega powerful with Hybrid Theory, as having something like 6 infinite ammo gun dogs (whilst the conditions to do so would be pretty obscure) at once would make her a force to be reckoned with.

Yeppers, powergaming doesn't really pique my interest. My inspiration here was (if you've ever watched it) B'Wana beast from Justice League Unlimited, who does cool things that could probably be more efficiently accomplished otherwise.

Can make any alterations necessary for reassurance!

@★Under The Stars★ - Me and alaska are still looking over your sheet (in our timezones at present, we'll both be heading to bed after I post this) but expect a proper review to come tomorrow at some point!

Sounds good! I look forward to seeing what you guys have to say about it~

@Shizuochan - Alrighty, in that case, Poemi is officially accepted! Welcome to the squad, and join the Discord if you like. Alaska will notify you, I'm sure, when they've found a spot to slot Poemi in (which should be pretty soon, I'm guessing.)

@★Under The Stars★ - So, me and alaska went over your sheet, and whilst there's some good things in there, there's some things we don't fully understand/go against the rules. As it stands, we can't accept Mina for now due to the following reasons:

>First and foremost, the name of the Moriae Card can't be what it currently is. The reason for this is stated on the main rules on the front page. Moriae Cards must be named after song titles, album titles, or musical artists' names from real life - though these must be fairly popular songs and not too modern - similar to how stands on JoJo's Bizarre Adventure are named. I'm fairly sure 'Radiating Repulsion' is a musical reference in any way.

>If Mina was caught using unauthorized usage of a Moriae Card, her bounty would be way higher, probably into the millions (though not ten millions, unless the card was deemed seriously powerful). We think the Moriae Card is balanced and we think we understand what it does, though the wording is somewhat confusing.

>Tell us if we're misunderstanding, but we think there's a bit of an inconsistency between her Personality/History. It says in her personality that she's very eccentric and doesn't abide to social norms, but at the same time, she grew up in a family where she was taught how to act 'proper' and do 'feminine duties', where I'm guessing you'd have to act to some level of normality/politeness. Did her character change from how she was in the history?

>If her family is in such good terms with MAGNA, why did she suddenly get a Moriae Card and choose to illegally use it? If this is one of the 'secret' parts of her adult life, we kinda feel like we should know about it (if you want to keep it a secret to most players, send why she did this to alaska via PM). We understand she felt a bit tossed to the side, but we still don't understand her intentions for being willing to commit such a high-tier crime.

>Finally... okay, this is a weird point to build on, but, uh... why did she 'Publicly Urinate'? As much as this might be a story for another time, I'm honestly curious, because as far as I can tell it seems strange of her character to do so.

Feel free to rework Mina so these changes are clarified/addressed, and when you're ready, we'll re-review your sheet!

>First and foremost, the name of the Moriae Card can't be what it currently is. The reason for this is stated on the main rules on the front page. Moriae Cards must be named after song titles, album titles, or musical artists' names from real life - though these must be fairly popular songs and not too modern - similar to how stands on JoJo's Bizarre Adventure are named. I'm fairly sure 'Radiating Repulsion' is a musical reference in any way.

Oh shoot! I had completely forgotten about this, but I'll make sure I make the necessary changes to the name!

>If Mina was caught using unauthorized usage of a Moriae Card, her bounty would be way higher, probably into the millions (though not ten millions, unless the card was deemed seriously powerful). We think the Moriae Card is balanced and we think we understand what it does, though the wording is somewhat confusing.

Okay, thank you for informing me of this. I wasn't exactly sure how much the bounty needed to be, but I'll change this immediately~

>Tell us if we're misunderstanding, but we think there's a bit of an inconsistency between her Personality/History. It says in her personality that she's very eccentric and doesn't abide to social norms, but at the same time, she grew up in a family where she was taught how to act 'proper' and do 'feminine duties', where I'm guessing you'd have to act to some level of normality/politeness. Did her character change from how she was in the history?

This is an absolutely valid concern and it was something I realized was a flaw in the design of the character. However, I do have a reason for such a change. I will speak with Alaska over PM about this issue~

>If her family is in such good terms with MAGNA, why did she suddenly get a Moriae Card and choose to illegally use it? If this is one of the 'secret' parts of her adult life, we kinda feel like we should know about it (if you want to keep it a secret to most players, send why she did this to alaska via PM). We understand she felt a bit tossed to the side, but we still don't understand her intentions for being willing to commit such a high-tier crime.

I will speak with Alaska regarding this part, as it also addresses the previous issue and I would prefer people not find out about this part~

>Finally... okay, this is a weird point to build on, but, uh... why did she 'Publicly Urinate'? As much as this might be a story for another time, I'm honestly curious, because as far as I can tell it seems strange of her character to do so.

Well... I mostly put this as a joke, however, I do imagine that it would not be out of character for her to do so under the influence of certain... Inhibiting substances. She may not be big on using these particular substances, but I imagine she would become a little delirious when she does. And, well, since her brain is already wired to break societal normalities, she has nothing significant holding her back when her mental inhibitors are gone from these particular substances... XD