Writing Levels
  1. Intermediate
  2. Adept
  3. Advanced
  4. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Primarily Prefer Female
Genres
Anime-esque, sci-fantasy, adventure, cyberpunk, high-fantasy, Victorian fantasy. comedic slice of life
[bG=#f6f3ed]
[bg=#333333]S I G N U P S | & | O O C[/bg]​

Quick Thread Links:
Lore | In Character | Sign Ups & OOC

pj9b3FL.png

The world is a place of wonder. At least, that's what you've been told your entire life. But there are realities one cannot escape, even if they are the shadowy truths that haven't yet been revealed. And still, Creation is a wondrous planet nontheless, that much is certain.

Its varried climates, its diverse landscapes, the technologic prowess that led humanity into an Aeon of prosperity, even with a roaring ocean that relentlessly cuts off Creation's inhabited world from whatever lies behind these waters. However, there are also the Proxies, mechanical beasts that rule the hostile Wastelands. Catastrophes seem to plague Creation in never-ending circles, ranging from diabolic creatures, to corrosive floods claiming a third of a continent. And of course, there are the Rogues; The lawless individuals that do as they please. Some of them are legendary, and are welcomed by the population, indeed, almost idiolized for their fearless behavior. Others are infamous, despised, and feared. Ultimately, their reputation matters little to the central world government, Magna Corp, and their powerful agents.

A power struggle has been fought between mankind and machine, between the understood and the otherworldly, between law and chaos, for many years; So much so, that an entire Aeon of history has been lost, having fallen victim to our neverending battles and wars. Now, history will be written by the mightiest of the mighty. Whether they are cunning representatives of the government, geniuses like the De Gas family, or the fabled individuals able to utilize the Eclipse Powers: History is about to be made.

Just where do you fit in?

pj9b3FL.png

Hello, Iwaku!

Today I'm presenting you a project that I've been working, tweaking, and perfecting for over a year now. It is set in the Universe of Λbscence; A world created from scratch, with its own history, culture, government, laws of physics, and myths. What started as a bloated project with over 6000 years of history, has been refined and condensed to create a jam-packed, concise world, ready for you all to be explored. The goal is to create a unique cast that will together conquer Creation, the world of Λbscence. Hopefully, we make some friends beyond the IC, too, as I want players who like to plot and shape the world with one another. This will be a great adventure!

Originally, my main inspiration was the animated sci-fi/philosophy thriller Ergo Proxy, but as certain parallels to other shows and mediums emerged (I did not intend to rip off anything, pardon me if it comes across as such.), I took some inspirations froms shows I admired for one aspect or another. Some inspiration was taken from From Software's Soulsborne series, some from other animes, some from western shows. It's a mix of a ton of genres, and while perhaps some "anime roleplays" have a bit of an immature reputation hanging onto them, I hope we can make this a challenging, fun, intruiging experience. The links at the top of the page provide a ton of information, ready for you to be read. Hope to see you all. :)

[/bG]

• Love
Reactions: rissa
Status
Not open for further replies.