Lay Me Down

Zoe was close behind her beloved with her thin fingers gripping tightly around the collar of a diner employee. He could be an intimidating man if he wanted to. Her hostage was tall, burly, and overall ugly looking. He struck her as the gentle giant sort, though. That would explain why he was trembling in her grasp, whispering for her to have mercy as she held her handgun to his temple. This would make her look good, she thought. As scary as Zoe could be, she was even scarier dragging a big guy across the floor.

The unimpressive police officers didn't make a move. She spotted one hesitating to call for backup, while others kept their weapons pointed at the criminal couple. Zoe smiled wickedly as a few of them lowered their guns at the command of their superior. They didn't want to be responsible for the death of two innocent people, maybe even more. Zoe and Castor were unpredictable.

As the cops slowly fulfilled Castor's demands, Zoe tugged her hostage along and dropped him into the dirt. He was sitting on his knees while she held his head in place by grabbing a fistful of hair. The pathetic muscle man whimpered as she did so, his pleading eyes staring at the helpless policemen. "In the dirt, c'mon!" she barked at the cops, hitting the barrel of her gun against the man's temple again as a warning. They reacted quickly, of course.

Blazing sun, no fear, guns out. Bad guys. Real fucking bad guys. Castor and Zoe walked out towards the ambushing officers, hostage in tote.

"You heard the lady, kiss the dirt, Pigs!!"

Castor was done playing around as he cocked his 45, aiming it at the officer with the radio raised to his face, yelling at him with out a shred of denial in his voice.

"Wanna make the front page? Don't test me, I'll blow your fuckin' head clean off your shoulders."

The Cop froze, Castor smiled.

"Ok, now, one at a time, take your belts off, throws your guns and keys in the ditch." He jerked his head towards a near by irrigation ditch "…then take your pants off and spoon each other, facing away from the highway." Castor smiled at Zoe "That's right piggies, I want you all front to back, on your sides, arms wrapped around each other in loving embrace, do this, and this hostage will be dropped off a mile down the road, don't do exactly as I say, exactly, and we can have a shoot out right the fuck here! I have nothing to lose!!"

"We don't make deals with scum bad criminals." Said one ballsey cop.

"Oh, no?" Castor grabbed the hostage by the wrist and without hesitation put a bullet through his hand, the report from the 45 echoed through the desert, followed by screams of pain.

"Do you make deals with two criminals and an injured civilian?"

The police men, although out numbering Castor and Zoe, knew protocol, but they also had little choice. They all had families and it was now clear to them that these two really had nothing to lose.

The cops did as castor said. And before the two fugitives got there car, Castor gave them one last piece of advice.

"If I hear one siren, this muscle bound douche bag gets one in the dome, got it?"

Castor had a plan. After they were out of ear shot of the cuddling cops, he turned to Zoe.

"Ok, lets leave this asshole tied up and gagged. He's useless weight and as long as the cops think we have him, we should be ok. Since they know what we're driving we'll have to hid out until they think we are long gone. So we should take the car, park and wait, about a mile from here there are some abandoned railroad tracks and a covered bridge that will be perfect."

Castor took a segment of rope that had been carelessly tied to a tree behind the restaurant and tied up the bleeding hostage, next he ripped a piece of his shirt off and made an Adequate gag. Castor tossed him behind some ancient oil barrels. Next, they made their way back to the car. Castor saw that the cops had so far obeyed in his orders and he couldn't help but stifle a laugh at them laying there in a spooning chain.

The two criminals drove off, towards abandoned train tracks that Castor hopped were still abandoned.

The events unfolding before Zoe's eyes were nearly making her laugh. She had a twisted sense of humor, and she felt overjoyed about the obedience of these pathetic policemen. Behind a mask of intimidating seriousness, she was gleeful. Witnessing Castor's domineering ways only added to her excitement. He was so powerful, so tough. Those were a few out of a million qualities that turned her on.

Zoe helped Castor with the wounded hostage now that they were clear to go. Every so often she'd glance at the line of cops spooning one another. It amused her that every last one of them were males.

Following her husband's instructions successfully, Zoe made it safely to the passengers seat of the car they were escaping in. As they drove past the police, she delivered a message from behind the window; a nice image of her middle finger while she made an immature face. That whole experience was fun for her, but she was not too thrilled that their breakfast was interrupted. She hoped they could treat themselves to something fantastically delicious later on when they could stay at a nicer hotel. The past couple places they'd stayed at were, to put it bluntly, shitty.

"I'm a little disappointed that we didn't have to kill anyone," she mentioned coolly, looking over her shiny pistol before putting it away on her person. Being the defiant woman she was, she didn't buckle up yet, which allowed her to lean back comfortably in her seat with her boots resting at the dashboard, her arms crossing over her ample bosom.

They were planning to hide out at some abandoned train tracks. That was a good plan, she thought. No one was following them so far and they certainly wouldn't be able to track them to such a forbidden looking area. She watched as their destination came closer, the scenery becoming much less inviting than it already was. Everything was rusty, with overgrowth and litter all over the place. Her eyes scanned the area they slowly drove through; she was drawn to the empty looking train cars.

"You were great back there, by the way. I love it when you take charge," she belatedly said to Castor, her head still facing her window while she wistfully took in the views.