Law

Status
Not open for further replies.
"You can do whatever feels right. I'm not good at choosing for myself." he said, leaning more into the couch. "What would be a typical reward?"

Irwin rushed up to the bar and slammed his hands down on it. "What channel is that?!" He shouted. All of the chatter died down.
"Ugh...the fight channel." The large bar tender replied. "The fight was recorded about two days ago in the stadium just a few blocks from here. Why?" Irwin didn't explain. He whipped around and took out his phone.
"Boss, I might have us a lead."

He laughed. So the boy was at least semi-passive. Would explain why he followed along so willingly. "typical rewards don't apply to us as it usually involves money or something like it. Alright..so i get to choose then? Start out with a hug. Better jobs will get you better rewards then..kay?"

He knew that the boy would probably want more...he'd wanted more since they met. Still, considering the circumstances..he'd do well to live with what rewards he got.

"Just a hug? Seems a bit unfair, considering that I just took a life."Charles said wrapping his arms around him, it was a very long hug.
"when I do better, what will be my second reward?"

He hugged the child. Charles didn't want to let go and that was understandable. A hug wasn't adequate payment, but it would have to do..for now.
"Depends...the harder the job..the better your reward. Depending on what i have you do, what you do, how good you do it and how fast...and making sure you're not spotted or followed."

He smirked at the boy.
"You fulfill those with every job kid and you'll be rewarded greatly."

Charles didn't let go. His legs were now touching Roland's. Charles lifted up one of his legs and started to intertwine it between Roland's thighs.

Roland felt Charles attempt and only halted him slightly. "Don't try to take more than you're allowed kid."
His eyes fixated on the boys, warning him not to test his luck too far..lest he regret it.

Still, far as he was right now...he did not attempt to intervene.

He rested his head on his shoulder, showing him his droopy brown eyes. Charles was practically on his lap by this point. Charles remained silent, almost falling asleep.

Roland almost laughed. The kid must've worn himself out. Standing slowly and cradling the kid in his arms, he made his way to the bedroom. Setting the kid on the bed, he covered him up and went back into the room and laid on the couch.

Tomorrow was a long day and he needed rest.

"You're too nice to be a criminal..." Charles whispered as he fell asleep even more.

The night passed by fairly fast and the morning seemed to come in the blink of an eye. Roland woke up and switched on the TV. It was the news.
"Police report that they might have new leads as to the identity if the serial killer at large. People with any information are encouraged to call your local department."
He switched it off. No sense worrying yet...they had no clue as to how far ahead he was.

Charles had ran a bath, and he was all washed up. He arrived to the living room, in his powder blue boxers and wet hair. "Good morning," Charles purred.

Roland turned and faced him. "You're up early. I didn't expect to see you for a couple hours more."
He stood and faced him.
"Make some breakfast and once you're done eating..we'll chill around town until we find another possible. Meanwhile, I'm going to get a shower in."

He crossed into the bathroom and closed the door.
Part of him wondered if he should be out today, but his instincts didn't feel on edge. He stripped down and jumped into the shower.

Charles wondered into the bathroom, getting bored with the morning so far. Charles flushed the handle of the toilet, expecting it to change the temperature of the shower water.

Roland felt the temperature change and he knew Charles was in the bathroom with him.
"You're testing my limits...not the best idea kid."
He shut the water off and reached out to grab the towel, yanking it into the shower and drying himself off a bit before wrapping it around his waist and stepping out.
"Move..i need to get dressed."

I tensed when Charles left with the man. I felt like screaming at him. You don't even know who this guy is, for all we know, he could be the son of a bitch that murdered my aunt! But I let him walk off with the man, and Charles wasn't back the next morning. I hadn't seen his dad all morning either. I wasn't worried about him. He'll just be out looking for his son. What kind of father couldn't love his own son? I had a sudden flashback, my mother holding me in her arms, my father yelling about what a disappointment I was. Why couldn't you bear me a son?! A son to work on the farm, plough the fields. But you instead give me a useless daughter. I suppose I can marry her off, pretty little thing she is. But who's supposed to inherit the farm? I shook my head to snap out of it, and ducked behind the bar to pinch a quick drink. I hope Charles comes back soon. I would miss him.

"Aww." Charles sighed, as he followed him to his bedroom. He watched every movie that Roland made. "You're pretty fit..."

Roland walked into the room and threw on some slightly used clothes, feeling confident and snug. Today he was going to put that kid to work...REAL work.
"Alright kid..you want to earn a good reward? Fine..We're going back to the Slime Ball and we're gonna nab someone. Preferably that nice looking lady that was there last night if she's there.
I'll fill you in on the details once we get there...now c'mon! The sooner we can get there, the sooner we can come back here. "

As they headed towards the bar, he glanced at Charles.
"So here's the plan. You're going to go in there and if you see her or someone that's just as good, lure them out to the back. I'll grab them there since it's isolated and quiet. Got it? Don't tell them what you're doing or anything about me."

As the morning progressed, I began to get worried. I know the owner would want to look for his son, but he would have to check on the bar at some point, or leave someone else in charge. Asking around, nobody else knew anything about Charles or his dad. After much pacing, I finally decided to go up to the owners room, in case he was doing something up there. I walked into the apartment above the bar and recoiled as I entered. Charles and his father obviously weren't very keen on cleaning. There were dirty clothes and food scraps everywhere. Dishes lined the kitchen bench and the couch. I finally made my way through the kitchen, jumping over everything on the floor, and held my breath walking pass the bathroom. I didn't want to witness what smells would be wafting out from there. As I neared the bedroom door, the stench increased. I gagged, fighting back the urge to spew all over the floor right where I was standing. I muffled my nose with my sleeve, blocking out some of the smell. I slowly opened the bedroom door, not wanting to disturb him if he was inside. But what I saw inside was unlike anything I witnessed before, because there, on the bed, was Charles' fathers corpse.

"who do you want again? A pretty one?" he asked, still baffled of how Roland changed his clothes.

Status
Not open for further replies.