Late Night Snack

"10,000-- who the fuck said that?! Who's even counting their steps? How are they counting their steps? The fuck?!" Man now all she could picture were parents sending hollers after their kids but instead of screaming and scolding, they counted out their child's steps loudly. Whatever kind of magic that was she did not want any part of it.

If you want you can take half of the pillows in the tower and sleep there, I don’t mind."

Raina made a drawn out sound as she contemplated the offer. She knew her hair and skin were going to make her regret sleeping in the tower and she knew she was going to regret having to wake up even earlier than usual to make it back to her dorm (preferably before her roommates woke up), but right now she dreaded the thought of having to go back all if the way to the astronomy tower just to walk all the way back down to the dungeons.

"Alright, fine. I guess we could have a sleepover, or whatever," she decided. It wasn't like it would be the first she slept in the same room with a boy. In fact, she had to share a room with both of her brothers when they were children and she still sometimes finds a Kyler shape lump on her bedroom floor in the attic after a particularly bad nightmare.

Besides, there are no astrology classes tomorrow, or divination, the professor said it will be too cloudy."

"Oh right." That's why she putt off her Divination homework. Even if August was the poster child of keeping on top of things, Raina had to be a little strategic about her homework. She was confident enough in her grade for DADA that missing a small assignment won't make her grade drop but boy was she she on a slippery slope in potions. Not having to do Divination homework meant being able to put more focus on that. Hopefully when she looked back on it, it wasn't as rushed as it felt.

Last edited:
GLESNI CARROW
1475c4edcecd27a37e315f0b700d0873.jpgBarch extended his leathery wings gleefully merely at the sight of candied pineapple. The flying fox let out pleased grunts as it grabbed the large piece of candied fruit and dug into it immediately. Glesni personally wasn't a fan, so to know even the last bit will be taken care of, leaving her candied tropical mix immaculate otherwise, was lovely. Raven-haired Slytherin smirked at her pet shortly before bringing a cup to her lips to finish her already cold tea.

How long has it been? She couldn't track it back to when she first began studying, which meant that it's been long enough. The notes were neatly folded without a single crooked page and returned to their respective places - the kind of arrangement the dorm in its entirety could envy her for.

For a small mammal, Barch had an intelligent little noggin hanging off his shoulders. As soon as Glesni stored her studying materials, he jumped off his swinging branch and landed on her chest. Sniffing along, Barch found his way under her hair and onto her back. He only peeked back out when the drawer opened, and a full slab of chocolate emerged.

"Later," Glesni chuckled at his antics and stored the snack in her robes. That lanky geeky weirdo, Butler, was a handful to be around, but no matter what kind of candy she would demand, it seemed he always had a way of getting it. For that fact alone, she was willing to tolerate the lanky Gryffindor more than previously expected.

Opposed to her belief, the Common Room sounded with piercing tones of young Slytherin girls as soon as she walked out. Giving her merely a side glance, they were quickly back to their business, which was more than okay with her. Regardless of the mutual disinterest, their presence alone wouldn't do. Instead of settling in her typical reading nook, Glesni crossed the Common Room and exited without a word, followed by unrelated laughter. Unlike it, the rest of the castle felt almost abandoned. It was stagnant and peaceful, except for an occasional rustle among the moving paints and some distant conversations that were dying out for the evening.

The Astronomy tower was the place to go for peace and quiet. Glesni was forever grateful to August for sharing this little note with her. It has proven helpful more than once, and she surely wouldn't mind some more peace and quiet right now. With a gifted copy of 'The Master and Margarita,' she made her way up the tower. Not even the evidence of someone clearly getting there beforehand bothered her all that much. The tower was large enough for both parties, and she was aiming for the other part of the room anyway. Besides, nobody could have protested her presence without getting themselves in trouble. In her experience, not many wished to risk it. Nobody ever visited the tower to wreak havoc, as it were.

Encouraged by the area he found himself in, Barch did not need a second nudge to leave the safety of Glesni's back and soar under the roof, off to explore the surroundings as she sat and opened the book. With the slow sound of slow ticking somewhere in the background, the focus came quickly.

• According to Plan
Reactions: Nemopedia
e3e072f34ea34ebb3b25f7e36cbd2787.jpg

When he looked up at the clock again, he realized that he had lost track of time again. His potions homework was sprawled on the coffee table next to the bag of sweets that Caleb had yet to give August as an apology gift. Knowing August, he was probably still awake somewhere, studying. Caleb set his diagrams on broom spells and runes aside and glanced at his potions paper. He had managed to make a good dent in it and the deadline was not for another three days. He could safely call it a night.

He stuffed his broomstick project notes in his leather notebook and then his potions paper was rolled up and into the kangaroo pouch of his hoodie it went. Caleb took one last look around the Room of Requirement as it was in the form of his little workshop and nodded his head, satisfied with the level of organization that his projects were currently in. Now all he had to do was find August.

One hand occupied by the bag of Honeydukes sweets and the other holding his notebook, Caleb carefully opened the door the room had materialized for him. As always, the Room would get him to a place where he was in no risk of being caught by a patrolling teacher, but it never hurt to be extra careful. He took a look around, realizing that August had been hiding in the Astronomy tower for some peace and quiet. Raina was with him as well. "I should have known." Caleb chuckled as he leaned against the door briefly to take in the sight of pillows about to create a den for a pair of students that apparently did not like their beds that much.

The door had opened close to where another person had been chilling out, someone Caleb had not expected to see. "Anyone need anything before I close the door behind me? Otherwise you will have to walk down to the seventh floor." He offered. Behind him, the Room of Requirement was lit in nice warm light. A crafting table with a broomstick on it was visible, as well as his little study corner with the coffee table and armchair.

August Yilmaz

“There are devices that count your steps, though most don’t work in Hogwarts,” August responded, chuckling at Raina’s incredulousness. Being part of both worlds had its advantages, though the Ravenclaw was surprised no one on this side of the world had thought of capitalising onto the idea of a step counter, if only because health concerns were as much of a topic here.

Climbing the stairs to the astronomy tower, he always found that conversation made the climb less dreary and weary, August found the door left open to his surprise, blinking at the light spilling to the outside that he had been so certain of putting out. After all, even if the energy source came from elsewhere, August still didn’t feel the need to give away his little getaway to whatever patrolled the hallways.

“Glesni?” He greets in relief, a smile back on his features as his eyes glide over the book that she is holding, her intent for the night clear, “a sleepover indeed,” he jests back at Raina, stepping to the side to allow the Hufflepuff in.

His surprise grew even more at the appearance of Caleb soon after, eyes blinking before the corners of his lips lifted higher. Had it been last year August would have been a little annoyed at his little hide-away being so popular, though that wasn’t on the account of any of his dear friends, now August was delighted, glad for a moment that he had already given up hope on, aware of the stubborn personalities that he called his friends.

“I hope you brought snacks,” the male jokes, knowing that somewhere in the room he had a stash hidden away that they could share.

Text colour: #919364

• Sweet
Reactions: Ritual Lobotomy
Raina
There are devices that count your steps, though most don’t work in Hogwarts."

"Of course they don't," Raina grumbled. It often felt as of she was missing a huge gap in her knowledge when she talked to someone like August who experienced "both worlds", so to speak. It was odd knowing there was an entire half of an existence she may never actually get to experience. One that seemed to be ever evolving, and fast too. Faster than the current rate of magic that is. Most advancement in that reguard went to travel whether it be through brooms or by flute powder. Not much went into enriching their lives as their lives remained fairly the same compared to generations ago.

Fashion and wands didn't see much change either, though more and more muggle influence seeped through the more muggleborns were able to share their culture and heritage with the Wizarding world.

Raina stiffened at the stream of light pouring down the passageway. Well crap. Now what? “Glesni?” Her expression fell. What was she even doing here? It was a long walk up from the dungeons. “A sleepover indeed." Raina rolled her eyes at his jest as she stepped in.

"Yeah, what we needed, more people," Raina drawled as she shut the door behind her just for another door to open. "What-"

""I should have known." Caleb chuckled as he leaned against the door briefly. ""Anyone need anything before I close the door behind me? Otherwise you will have to walk down to the seventh floor."

"Where were you 20 minutes ago when we had to hunt down August's homework?!" At the moment, that was more important then whatever door he just appeared through. She had her priorities of course. "If you knew someone who could port around, why drag me around this damn castle?" That was directed as August. "Whatever. Mind the summoning circle I gue--" She stopped when she spotted movement from the corner of her eye. Her hand twitched, nearly going for her wand before she realized what she was looking at was a human sized Bat.

"Oh." She said simply. "Who's bat is that?"

Last edited:
GLESNI CARROW

2b4f6e24-2e3e-4c26-bc26-c30e8c189380.jpgRhythmic clicks of devices in the background quickly immersed her into the events in the book she was reading, so the sound of steps and voices approaching wasn't quite the first thing that gave away the company to Glesni. As a doubled-up pair of footsteps came forth further, Barch was the first to react, quickly taking flight off one of the tables he was so diligently investigating. Emerald orbs shifted, glaring over the top of the book, expecting company.

Aware that her presence there wasn't necessarily all by the rules, she sat as still as a piece of decor, much like a cat trying to lay low in case a quick flee without much hassle was needed. From where she was sitting, she could see well enough through the slit of the entrance door left ajar for that exact purpose, ready to conceal. A small rush of adrenaline dropped when she noticed a familiar face entering her field of vision, prompting her to relax back into her seat.

Politely laying her book down, she focused on preparing to greet her dear friend. Her smile grew slightly at his own insecure entrance. Glesni nodded at the sound of her name with a charming wink. "I kind of invited myself in," she chuckled. But her mood dampened right after as the second pair of footsteps walked into the room. The sight of Hufflepuff had her slightly shift in her seat and clear her throat.

"Yeah, what we needed, more people," the girl found it necessary to speak, and Glesni was not about to remain in debt. Cocking her eyebrow, she made eye contact with Raina treating her with a sardonic smirk. "And wonderful to see you too, Summers. Wouldn't be any fun otherwise."

And just as she made her peace with the fact that Raina was there, another nuisance appeared through the wardrobe in the corner of the room. "You cannot be serious," she mumbled at the sight of O'Neill stepping halfway into the room. Still, it wasn't her place to dictate the presence. With one glance at August, she could tell he was pretty pleased with the group that suddenly crowded the space.

"Anyone needs anything before I close the door behind me? Otherwise, you will have to walk down to the seventh floor."

Glesni let out a barely audible exhale, setting her book aside.

"Some peace and quiet, but it seems like that ship had sailed," Slytherin thought as she shook her head lightly at the question. "No. Thank you," she responded briefly, her manners not wholly lost. She was a guest at the party, and thus, she behaved like one. Quickly enough, August and Raina led the charge by referring to the Gryffindor themselves. Slightly nervous, Barch made a few erratic rounds around the room.

"Oh." came from the Hufflepuff that suddenly got her attention snatched. "Who's bat is that?"

Initial distrust towards the girl was briefly set aside with a chuckle. Glesni was happy to introduce her dear winged friend to anyone who had asked. Even Raina Summers.

"That would be Barch," she smirked, snapping her fingers twice to get the animal's attention. He let out a little cackle and quickly descended onto the seat next to Glesni, expecting his reward now resting in Glesni's hand. "He moved in with me to keep me company," she said with a smirk and a piece of fruit for her companion.

"I hope it's not an issue having him around?" The bat seemed unbothered by the lot, his sole focus resting on juicy pieces offered to him.

e3e072f34ea34ebb3b25f7e36cbd2787.jpg

"Where were you 20 minutes ago when we had to hunt down August's homework?!" Oh, the Hufflepuff was as rowdy as ever. Caleb raised his only existing eyebrow in a challenging fashion. "I was busy fixing the broomstick that caught on fire the other night." He responded as he rummaged through the Honeydukes bag that was lifted in response to August's demand for sweets. "And doing my potions assignment for once." He hastily added, side-eyeing August.

"Of course I brought sweets, mate! Here, catch!" He said as he demonstrated a pack of sugar quills which he expertly tossed at his friend. The bag didn't seem any less full with that pack out of it. It was obvious that there was more than enough sweets in it for everyone. With Glesni answering with her own needs, or lack thereof, he closed the door behind him. The door immediately being replaced by the back of the wardrobe that was originally part of the Astronomy Tower.

"I don't mind him as long as he doesn't mind me." Caleb assured Glesni as he looked curiously at the bat. He had heard that they could grow big, but he had never seen one quite as big in real life. It was a pretty impressive sight but his experience with domesticated flying creatures was mixed. His own owl, Altair, was very snappy with him, so Caleb allowed a fair amount of distance between him and the familiar as he sidestepped Glesni to offer the rest of the bag's content to August.

"Actually the Quills and everything else in the bag right now are for you, August." He said as he laid the bag next to his Ravenclaw friend, taking a box of chocolates out of it beforehand. "You could use the sugar with those long study hours of yours and I have been a bloody ass to you, so consider these as an apology note. Just remember not to chew on your actual quills when the sugar ones are finished." He teased.

"And these are for you, Princess."
He called out to Glesni as he made his way over. "Consider it a bit of a peace offering and a thank you. That little stunt of yours last year made sure I didn't end up as a crisp over the summer." He offered her the small box of chocolate.

August Yilmaz

August was aware that not everyone got along. Bet it through similarities in character or a reluctance to accept. He wasn't oblivious to the slight shift in their voices and the tension expressed, but he felt happy all the same, a beaming smile on his otherwise weary face after having to hunt down a poltergeist and sealing it.

"Barch is always welcome and so are you," the male responded with warmth after catching the candy quills that Caleb had brought and eyed the box of chocolates meant for Glesni. The awkward peace offering was huge coming from his Gryffindor friend and August decided not to tease Caleb about it before turning to Raina.

"There should be some chocolates in my usual stash," he informed her, knowing that the Hufflepuff had a love for them like he loved his coffee. "Also, these quills better not be coming from your own room in the Gryffindor tower," August jested into the direction of Caleb, though gratefully took out one of the quills nonetheless to taste, the subtle sugary sweetness waking up his taste buds instantly.

"Coffee? Tea?" was his next question, naturally falling into his role as the host of the party.

Text colour: #919364

• Sweet
Reactions: Ritual Lobotomy
Raina
"I hope it's not an issue having him around?" Carrow said, casually calling over her bat, Barch. Could... could she pet him? How do you even ask someone you don't like if you can put their familiar?

"I don't mind him as long as he doesn't mind me."

"Barch is always welcome and so are you."

Right, she was supposed to say something-- Wait. "I didn't agree to that!" and then she had to watch as O'Neil distributed snacks to everyone else. "What the hell?! You two weren't even invited why are you handing out snacks???"

"There should be some chocolates in my usual stash."

"Don't cover for him!"

"Also, these quills better not be coming from your own room in the Gryffindor tower. Coffee? Tea?" Oh no, he was in full host mode. She inwardly groaned. She just wanted to go bed. They also still had the whole ghost summoning circle everyone was conveniently ignoring and the poltergeist trapped in Raina's new necklace. Unfortunately, having the other two people here did make August happy, even if they were rude and handed out snacks to just half the "party".

"Tea," she grumbled, relenting and going to rob August's stash. "So... they allow bats that big here?" she casually asked as if she wasn't planning out how to get around to petting him.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Nemopedia